Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. (54389 Views)

Dating A Guy Who Barely Calls Or Texts And Sometimes Ignore #Confused / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by mcyemite(m): 7:31am On Oct 31, 2015
So…you’re in love with an oldest child, huh?

Oldest children are the best kind of children. (But, of course, I’m biased because I’m an oldest child myself – of five!) If you have the good fortune of loving/dating/marrying/sexing one of us, congrats to you, good sir! You’re in for a fun ride. Just buckle your seat belt first and pay attention to these safety instructions first, will ya?

1. We’re bossy. Like this song, yo. But for real, most oldest children are used to ruling the roost and telling their pep squad of little bro and sis’s what to do and how to do it. This works until said little bro and sis get old enough and put you in your damn place. But still, the bossiness remains.

2. We’re a little entitled. Our parents gave us every opportunity in the world and fawned over us and took more baby photos of us and were more careful the first time around with us, so we’re used to being treated a little special. Life, and all it’s hardships, have a way of chipping away at this perceived “specialness” but still, we got more attention than the rest of our siblings and it’s something that sticks with us forever.

3. We get along great with youngest children. I have no scientific data to back this up, except to say that nearly all my ex-boyfriends (and my current beau) are youngest kids. Maybe they like the authority; who knows?

4. We seek validation. Our parents praised our every move and yes, I know, they really should’ve cut back on that a bit. But as a result of this, we like to be patted on the back and given gold stars when we’ve done something positive. Which leads me to…

5. …We’re over-achievers. We like to be praised, therefore we achieve. It’s almost an addiction. Apologies to younger siblings everywhere who have to live up to their oldest siblings.

6. We take initiative. It’s just what we do. If something needs to be accomplished at work, we will accomplish it – or delegate it to one of our younger siblings (er, employees) to do it for us.

7. We’re great organizers of large groups of people. We can do this with our eyes shut. We’ve been herding our family of sheep into minivans/airplanes/restaurants/etc for YEARS now; corralling people into a semblance of unity should basically be on our resume. In fact, I think it is.

8. We don’t like to share our stuff. Because seriously, our little sisters have been stealing our sweaters/eyeliner/CAR for like, 20 years now and we’re really f*cking over it. Don’t touch our stuff without permission!

194 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2015
Proudly first bornwink

we are extremely careful so as to make the younger ones emulate us in area of moral upbringing...

cheesycheesy

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by falconey(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2015
the poster below is my brother he has something to say.

1 Like

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by falconey(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2015
hmmmm as them no come born me first nko? Me no posses the aforelisted?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by amnesty7: 7:38am On Oct 31, 2015
9. And you brag and nag as well.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by acenazt: 7:38am On Oct 31, 2015
Hahahhahhahahhahahah Seriously.

1 Like

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by 14teenK: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2015
PROUDLY FB smiley

2 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 31, 2015
undecided proudly second child grin I still gt 70% sense

16 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by ClassCaptain(m): 8:01am On Oct 31, 2015
" Brutal Truths """"

4 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by misspicy(f): 8:06am On Oct 31, 2015
True about me tongue
First born learn to shoulder responsibilities early in life

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2015
I learnt first borns carry all the acenstral curses from their greatest grandfada's up to their father's and thats why they are less successful and most of dem run mad sometimes. #i wouldnt dare marry a first born

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by abiolasogey(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2015
Ok,,i hear u,,am datin a FB,,nd tis kinda true,,

Proudly last born

10 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by SilentBang(m): 8:29am On Oct 31, 2015
A proud FB here

comes with its reponsibility too...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by amiskurie(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2015
Cancel no 3

3 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Krystalzkris(f): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2015
surely,surely thou dost sayest the truth...
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by mcyemite(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2015
First born no be beans ooo

5 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2015
[s]We’re great organizers of large groups of people.[/s]
.....I hate large groups! cry I'd even start stammering.."grin"

I Think You should speak For yourself tho..the "WE" thingy was uncalled for...lipsrsealed

Yes! some are Over-achievers..."grin"
Buh some ain't Bossy...Being bossy would mean You're rude..
Yeah! some are the "don't touch my things kinda person" undecided Like me? "grin" I love seeing my stuffs the exact place I kept 'em..
Uhm...Buh Most of Your points Are Invalid...cry

PS...I'm the First and Only girl....Outta 4 annoying Guys...."grin"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by ideyhere(f): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2015
amnesty7:
9. And you brag and nag as well.
Gbam!!!

6 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by defendedvictim(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
I learnt first borns carry all the acenstral curses from their greatest grandfada's up to their father's and thats why they are less successful and most of dem run mad sometimes. #i wouldnt dare marry a first born
n dats a twist to it. Y evuls na?

First borns have dis air of bossiness arnd them anyway; most of dem sha
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Rukkydelta(f): 9:10am On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
seconded

2 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Rukkydelta(f): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2015
No 1 is very correct and they are so wicked

5 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by mcyemite(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2015
Rukkydelta:
seconded
thirded
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 31, 2015
Rukkydelta:
seconded
grin
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 31, 2015
mcyemite:
First born no be beans ooo
how first born no be beans? grin most 1st borns sef na mistake grin when couples wan try dat tin 4 the first time grin

5 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 31, 2015
defendedvictim:
n dats a twist to it. Y evuls na?

First borns have dis air of bossiness arnd them anyway; most of dem sha
come to my village, u'll see many mad first borns
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Hmmmmmm undecided
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by defendedvictim(m): 10:04am On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
come to my village, u'll see many mad first borns
what's the name of d village

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2015
defendedvictim:
what's the name of d village
iffah tell u will u come?
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by defendedvictim(m): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
iffah tell u will u come?
possibly
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Laveda(f): 10:31am On Oct 31, 2015
True. . . Though I don't agree with No.3

Proudly first born tongue

3 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2015
defendedvictim:
possibly
possibly?? If u are sure u wud come and see wat am saying 4 ursef den i'll then u, if u cant come, sorry.

1 Like

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by defendedvictim(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2015
Durentt:
possibly?? If u are sure u wud come and see wat am saying 4 ursef den i'll then u, if u cant come, sorry.
ok na..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Takes Back Everything He Bought For A Lady After She Declined His Proposal / My Neighbor Damaged My Expensive Electronic During Romance. / Why Is Adult Video Called 'Blue Film?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.