Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,827 members, 7,844,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. (54446 Views)

Dating A Guy Who Barely Calls Or Texts And Sometimes Ignore #Confused / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Things You Must Not Do For The Man You Are Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by XwhY(m): 6:38am On Nov 01, 2015
We rock.
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by boiz2mhen(m): 6:54am On Nov 01, 2015
mcyemite:
So…you’re in love with an oldest child, huh?

Oldest children are the best kind of children. (But, of course, I’m biased because I’m an oldest child myself – of five!) If you have the good fortune of loving/dating/marrying/sexing one of us, congrats to you, good sir! You’re in for a fun ride. Just buckle your seat belt first and pay attention to these safety instructions first, will ya?

1. We’re bossy. Like this song, yo. But for real, most oldest children are used to ruling the roost and telling their pep squad of little bro and sis’s what to do and how to do it. This works until said little bro and sis get old enough and put you in your damn place. But still, the bossiness remains.

2. We’re a little entitled. Our parents gave us every opportunity in the world and fawned over us and took more baby photos of us and were more careful the first time around with us, so we’re used to being treated a little special. Life, and all it’s hardships, have a way of chipping away at this perceived “specialness” but still, we got more attention than the rest of our siblings and it’s something that sticks with us forever.

I expected to see u are MILKERS....dating u is like dating d whole family.and God helps the guy if the woman is from a poor family na over expenses be dt o......

3. We get along great with youngest children. I have no scientific data to back this up, except to say that nearly all my ex-boyfriends (and my current beau) are youngest kids. Maybe they like the authority; who knows?

4. We seek validation. Our parents praised our every move and yes, I know, they really should’ve cut back on that a bit. But as a result of this, we like to be patted on the back and given gold stars when we’ve done something positive. Which leads me to…

5. …We’re over-achievers. We like to be praised, therefore we achieve. It’s almost an addiction. Apologies to younger siblings everywhere who have to live up to their oldest siblings.

6. We take initiative. It’s just what we do. If something needs to be accomplished at work, we will accomplish it – or delegate it to one of our younger siblings (er, employees) to do it for us.

7. We’re great organizers of large groups of people. We can do this with our eyes shut. We’ve been herding our family of sheep into minivans/airplanes/restaurants/etc for YEARS now; corralling people into a semblance of unity should basically be on our resume. In fact, I think it is.

8. We don’t like to share our stuff. Because seriously, our little sisters have been stealing our sweaters/eyeliner/CAR for like, 20 years now and we’re really f*cking over it. Don’t touch our stuff without permission!

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by boiz2mhen(m): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2015
mcyemite:
So…you’re in love with an oldest child, huh?

Oldest children are the best kind of children. (But, of course, I’m biased because I’m an oldest child myself – of five!) If you have the good fortune of loving/dating/marrying/sexing one of us, congrats to you, good sir! You’re in for a fun ride. Just buckle your seat belt first and pay attention to these safety instructions first, will ya?

1. We’re bossy. Like this song, yo. But for real, most oldest children are used to ruling the roost and telling their pep squad of little bro and sis’s what to do and how to do it. This works until said little bro and sis get old enough and put you in your damn place. But still, the bossiness remains.

2. We’re a little entitled. Our parents gave us every opportunity in the world and fawned over us and took more baby photos of us and were more careful the first time around with us, so we’re used to being treated a little special. Life, and all it’s hardships, have a way of chipping away at this perceived “specialness” but still, we got more attention than the rest of our siblings and it’s something that s

3. We get along great with youngest children. I have no scientific data to back this up, except to say that nearly all my ex-boyfriends (and my current beau) are youngest kids. Maybe they like the authority; who knows?

4. We seek validation. Our parents praised our every move and yes, I know, they really should’ve cut back on that a bit. But as a result of this, we like to be patted on the back and given gold stars when we’ve done something positive. Which leads me to…

5. …We’re over-achievers. We like to be praised, therefore we achieve. It’s almost an addiction. Apologies to younger siblings everywhere who have to live up to their oldest siblings.

6. We take initiative. It’s just what we do. If something needs to be accomplished at work, we will accomplish it – or delegate it to one of our younger siblings (er, employees) to do it for us.

7. We’re great organizers of large groups of people. We can do this with our eyes shut. We’ve been herding our family of sheep into minivans/airplanes/restaurants/etc for YEARS now; corralling people into a semblance of unity should basically be on our resume. In fact, I think it is.

8. We don’t like to share our stuff. Because seriously, our little sisters have been stealing our sweaters/eyeliner/CAR for like, 20 years now and we’re really f*cking over it. Don’t touch our stuff without permission!

I expected u go say w are MILKERS....worse is if the lady is from apoor family,d man don die bdat

1 Like

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by frakdon(m): 7:32am On Nov 01, 2015
Trendishine:
first borns are very mature in their behaviour by default. N most are very enlightened
true.
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2015
kepal99:

Ur entire village must be cursed
And how is dat ur bizness?? People pokin nosing into wat doesnt concern dem
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by frakdon(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:
you must be from Oyo state..
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by kingjibe(m): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:
I learnt first borns carry all the acenstral curses from their greatest grandfada's up to their father's and thats why they are less successful and most of dem run mad sometimes. #i wouldnt dare marry a first born

sad

1 Like

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2015
kingjibe:

Eeya, somebody must be running mad in your family.. Am so sorry....
sorry 4 ur ass
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by singlefade25(f): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:
I learnt first borns carry all the acenstral curses from their greatest grandfada's up to their father's and thats why they are less successful and most of dem run mad sometimes. #i wouldnt dare marry a first born
receive sense in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by singlefade25(f): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:
how first born no be beans? grin most 1st borns sef na mistake grin when couples wan try dat tin 4 the first time grin
I am so sure the first of your family is a mistake. born troway.
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Johnnoah1st: 9:28am On Nov 01, 2015
nickkylawve:
undecided proudly second child grin I still gt 70% sense
TANK JAH u knw u dont have complete sense.
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Shalomdee(f): 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:

People like you are the ones who end up marrying first borns in the end. And what would you do if you have your first child? Throw him in the lake to appease ancestors? Every one can be cursed and any one can run mad for any reason, especially those that are gifted, it really does not matter your birth position. I am the first of five kids and I'm doing financially better than my siblings because I am born again and apply principles of wealth, there is no way they can overtake me except they are more committed to God and more principled. Jesus who is a first born broke every genealogy of curses so I can't be afraid. Don't carry that mentality please before you may lose a good husband

2 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by ilevic(m): 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:

Yes I think you are rite cos that's what obtains in you village. Wait, where is the first born in ur family? Hope he hasn't run mad yet?
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by odaniel1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
Its such a big deal traditionally too becoming a firstborn. Had my aunts & uncles telling me how "urgent" it was to leave whatever I was doin here in Lagos because of "rites".
You can't do a lotta things in d way your younger siblings would because you're "firstborn"
You can't talk in a certain kind of way, you can't.....*sighs*
And to think of marrying someone like you again..the whole cycle of "shoulder-leaning", "supporting", "financing", "managing/controlling"...aarrrghh!
As a young boy, I'd literally tried to relinquish my position once I thought about all d stress I had to go thru in Life just by telling him by word of mouth that he was "now first"..lol vry funny.
But here I am today and here's to every first-born like me too;
You were born to cater fr people irrespective of their presence or absence, you can never run from your responsibilities, embrace em n stop complainin of overload! Lolxx
God Bless All Firsts and may d junior ones grow better..Amen!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Onyiido: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Proudly first bornwink

we are extremely careful so as to make the younger ones emulate us in area of moral upbringing...

cheesycheesy
Yea, we the first-born are really special in some ways though @ times priviledges are not accorded to us
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Onyiido: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
ilevic:

Yes I think you are rite cos that's what obtains in you village. Wait, where is the first born in ur family? Hope he hasn't run mad yet?
Maybe the context applies to his family
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Onyiido: 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
Shalomdee:

People like you are the ones who end up marrying first borns in the end. And what would you do if you have your first child? Throw him in the lake to appease ancestors? Every one can be cursed and any one can run mad for any reason, especially those that are gifted, it really does not matter your birth position. I am the first of five kids and I'm doing financially better than my siblings because I am born again and apply principles of wealth, there is no way they can overtake me except they are more committed to God and more principled. Jesus who is a first born broke every genealogy of curses so I can't be afraid. Don't carry that mentality please before you may lose a good husband
1trillion likes for ur write-up. Many think first borns are cursed. As a matter of fact, I am the first born in my family, born-again and I am doing perfectly well
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by flightz(f): 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
seangy4konji:
A lot of attitude problems and insecurity especially when they are short.
I'm sure ur short, and first born and ur younger ones are taller, tell the truth? #trolling
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by flightz(f): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Durentt:
Even if u are successful, ur juniors will definitely be better than u. #thats the first born curse from creature!
how old how you? I'm trying hard not to insult you but yu a typical backward, unreasonable black African! Who is cursing who? Yu re what yu believe. We need to be careful of yu and ur villagers.. Moreover, what's the jealousy for when yu have proper upbringing that emphasizes close relationship between siblings?
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
undecided undecided
Johnnoah1st:
TANK JAH u knw u dont have complete sense.
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Proudly first bornwink

we are extremely careful so as to make the younger ones emulate us in area of moral upbringing...

cheesycheesy
bad girl
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
bulldoza:
bad girl
innocent mecheesycheesycheesy
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by kepal99(m): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
Durentt:
Ask me again. If your nose wasn't too long may be I would not kave poked it.
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by lovelyn7777: 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by eme40rald(f): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
omg I can soooo relate to number 8. Lol
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by ijecks(f): 4:31am On Dec 14, 2015
soo true
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by mcyemite(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
Omo this one tough ooo
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by tck2000(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
Durentt:
lol
Re: 8 Brutal Truths You Should Know If You Are Dating A First-born. by Wantedola(m): 1:16am On Feb 06, 2020
Good for urna na.. You should organize first born conference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Office Romance - My Experience / Hold Your Husband's Tight, Small Girls With Big God Are Everywhere Now - Woman / Which One Destroys Man Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.