Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,353 members, 7,843,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (43435 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Pete Edochie Responds To The Thread Can A Guy And A Lady Be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by harffie(m): 6:04am On Nov 02, 2015
HELL NO
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Jilo83(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2015
op is right o. this is what am passing through now. we have been friend for more than 20yrs and nothing happened. last month d girl initiated sex and I fell. Just last night hear what she said " I need help o, I can't stay an hour before thinking about you"
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by phillipay: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2015
Toks2008:

Yeah in 99% of the cases
well the remaining 1% is being friends with God
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 02, 2015
Being that a lot of african men still think like cavemen, I'm sure some would make statements like OP.
I however am a guy, and I have many female friends.
Its necessary as it gives you perspective from the female point of view on matters.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
ebonflex:
Being that a lot of african men still think like cavemen, I'm sure some would make statements like OP.
I however am a guy, and I have many female friends.
Its necessary as it gives you perspective from the female point of view on matters.

I am 200% certain you only read the thread title...

Please i will advice that when you come on-line to air your views on any social platform,please be more decent in your approach and contributions...the first sign of intellectual maturity is respecting people's opinion without expressing undue anger,sarcasm and vulgarity...Make your contribution and make sense rather than use unwarranted vulgar remarks thereby making mockery of yourself..this is the 21st century for crying out loud.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
Jilo83:
op is right o. this is what am passing through now. we have been friend for more than 20yrs and nothing happened. last month d girl initiated sex and I fell. Just last night hear what she said " I need help o, I can't stay an hour before thinking about you"

I conspicuously gave very practical situations where a man and woman can be just friends making reference to colleagues at work,in school and of-course platonic hello hi thingy.

When it goes beyond that,then i believe without fear of contradiction that the word "just friends" no longer holds even when the two do not realize yet.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Charles4075(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
prettythicksme:
Thanks dear,i rep nov27 grin
Alright, I'll save the date.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by hafsat001(f): 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
A man and a woman can just be friends but it depends on the people that are involved
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
grad2012:
grin lol embarassed woman rapper.

Really?? How?? I don't get down like that..
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
Adanna28:

Love you too Duke kiss kiss you are a honey.

Love u more dear...Sent u a voice massage kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
Charles4075:
Alright, I'll save the date.
lol
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Charles4075(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2015
prettythicksme:
lol
I'm serious ohhcheesy . Don't worry, I'll surprise you.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Rapaltar(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2015
I strongly disagree....my Best friend is a lady...

she's d last person I did ever think of bedding....

and its nt lyk im in a relationship tho she is, we'v been frnds bfr she started dating .....

so O.P I STRONGLY disagree...
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
Rapaltar:
I strongly disagree....my Best friend is a lady...

she's d last person I did ever think of bedding....

and its nt lyk im in a relationship tho she is, we'v been frnds bfr she started dating .....

so O.P I STRONGLY disagree...

Issorite..but are you so certain that she is not secretly into you?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2015
CC:lalasticlala and ishilove oya answer me if a man and a woman can be "just close friends"
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Kingbilo(m): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2015
OP, you are thinking with your penis undecided
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by otemanuduno: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2015
yes they can
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by lekankolade(m): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2015
No
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by tigonana: 11:00am On Dec 25, 2015
ere kini aja ekun see.na to dey look for way to lay her down.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by FAVOUR13: 11:01am On Dec 25, 2015
Toks2008:
A MAN OR WOMAN CAN NOT BE JUST FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX

It’s no secret: guys and girls being "just friends" is a concept held by only the dreamers. Any lady who believes that she can be just a friend with a guy other than co-worker, co-student, or just on a platonic hi-hi level is in-fact the most myopic lady to walk on this planet

A guy’s friends consist of, well, only guys. The only reason a guy would go close to a girl would be to date or bed her. No guy is going to waste his time just being a friend with a girl because it’s not like she is a sports freak or a trans-gendered.

Guys have enough guy friends and won’t waste their time listening to ladies talk from a girl just to be their friend. Plain and simple he wants to bed you except of course you don't mind or he has not made it obvious yet.

Guys being friends with girls is a farce: either he wants to sleep with her, or she still believes in unicorns, because a guy cannot genuinely be friends with a girl and its either the lady secretly desires him or vis avis even while one of the two are ignorant of this.

In-fact i always tell a guy or lady to be more at alert when your bae says this about another opposite sex.."we are just friends,we enjoy each other's company,we are just fond of each other" because once you start hearing this from your bae,you should run because fondness is stronger than the feeling of love and what your bae will not dicsuss with you will be discussed freely with that person so of what use is the affair you are having?

I know some people will say not in all cases and i quite agree but there is a simple test to know if there is no hidden notion or surpressed desire so please as a lady just prove me wrong? give that just friend of yours a kiss and watch him stop you. After-all you guys ought to be just friends.

And for the married man, snap out of your delusion and tell yourself hard fact...YOU ARE OLOJU KOKORO...Let your wife be your only friend,best friend and close friend and same for the lady.

Keeping "friends" of the opposite sex while married or committed to someone is an emotional affair and its even worse than actual physical affair.

Just trying to make common sense.

OP u be OLODO! Is relationship all about sexual affairs?
Must of my good and reliable friends are females and I am married. My wife knows them, like wise the husband know me
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy
fact of life bro cool
naijaboiy:
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy
fact of life bro
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2015
As much as there are exceptions to the rule, i think the OP has a point. Usually, to make someone your friend, there must be an attraction. For a lot of guys, it is sports and a lot of the things that guys are known for. The thing that attracts me to a lady is either her intellect or her physical makeup. if it's the latter then we know where my mind will end up anytime i'm with her. If its the former, it's even worse.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2015
If you are a lady and you think you have male friends then i pity for the poor men you "Friendzone". Only a "Friendzone" guy can be your friend. Why should i just be your friend? You aren't interested in sport, You don't play games or some boys stuff. So i should just come to your house for what? Listen to some boring gist about yourself?

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Walexsammy(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2015
True or False

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
what kind of dumb question is this?? smh
Op just cos you're a perv doesnt make everyone else one.
I have male friends, been friends with them for years and years. very close to them.
i don't understand wtf is wrong with it. you now want me to believe that all they want is a relationship?
you're SICK!
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
awesome11:
I don't understand you. You mean because you and your friends can't keep such relationship with a lady, everyone can't. Don't generalize too hastily!

I have about four female friends I keep such platonic relationship with. So?
taaaaaarh! if u r in bedroom with those ur friends, if they open nyans u go fvck abeg or is either they r ugly or they dont show u dia interest to u, if a real guy tell a girl "hi" in his mind it means only if i can fvck this girl once
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
I thought so until this...

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by 989900: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
"we are just friends, but I'd fxck you if you asked" cheesy wink lipsrsealed cool

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by aminoacid01(f): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
If you can be friends with your mother, sister, aunty, daughter etc, then surely you can be friends with a lady with no strings attached. It is part of the quality of a matured man. Its only boys that jump at anything under skirt.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2015
Yes they can be. If they keep a distance. If not, sex happens, then it gets complicated.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by bernarduwem(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2015
gamaliel121:
They will always fucccckkkkkk

Fuccckkking will always happen....
Bleep that shiiiit
grin
gamaliel121:
They will always fucccckkkkkk

Fuccckkking will always happen....
Bleep that shiiiit
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2015
MissGdope:
what kind of dumb question is this?? smh
Op just cos you're a perv doesnt make everyone else one.
I have male friends, been friends with them for years and years. very close to them.
i don't understand wtf is wrong with it. you now want me to believe that all they want is a relationship?
you're SICK!
u r SILK too, is either u r outdated to ur friends or u r ugly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Young Lady Marries Old Man In Anambra (Photos) / Couple Pose With Dolphin In Swimming Pool, Take Pre-Wedding Pics To Dubai Desert / Shaming Of Women Over Leaked Sex Videos Or Nudes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.