Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,227 members, 7,842,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (43432 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Pete Edochie Responds To The Thread Can A Guy And A Lady Be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by nenergy(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2015
Yes, in the friend zone! grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2015
aminoacid01:
If you can be friends with your mother, sister, aunty, daughter etc, then surely you can be friends with a lady with no strings attached. It is part of the quality of a matured man. Its only boys that jump at anything under skirt.
Of course you can be just friends with your Mother, Sister or Aunty because you aren't sexually attracted to them. It is common sense, Please released that poor guy you friendzone calling him a friend cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by DonX001: 11:10am On Dec 25, 2015
frankcris:

yes...with benefits
Correct guyman....grin grin grin
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Joavid:
Yes they can be. If they keep a distance. If not, sex happens, then it gets complicated.
Do you keep a distance from your friends? The Op's assertion is still valid.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by niceeric(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2015
I'll rephrase the question :- 'can a goat and a tuber of yam just be friends?'..

better now?

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by repogirl(f): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2015
They can! angry ....rarely sha.... But it can happen especially if they are both in committed relationships.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by utenwuson: 11:11am On Dec 25, 2015
if u think a Guy n a Gurl could be best frn then u must be Sooooo dumb! meaning u don't even knw wat frnship is all about! EVERY guy dt go close 2 a lady for d sake of jst being frnds av other motives n by staying close hoping d reason will b accomplished sm days! am not a lady but I believe sm of them like keeping theiir toasters as frn jst for d benefit! me! I can never be a frn to a lady! Wen I mean real n true frn! wat on earth ll us be discussing? how ll it even work out? sm guys mumu sha
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by miqos02(m): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by tosyne2much(m): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2015
hoobs:
Yess,bt my mind go still dy there,at a time we go chop clean mouth continue wid our friendship
hahaha lwkmd cheesy

Funny man cheesy
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Yes, only if both are in different relationships.

If I am married/dating and she's also married/dating then , theoretically, our emotional and sexual needs are being satisfied by our partners which are essentially the reasons why people date.

It's quasi-impossible to be just friends with a woman if she and/or you are not already dating others.
Your point is Very valid say.cus i find it very hard to keep just female friends.but i'm really working on it.
oga where have you been?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 25, 2015
aminoacid01:
If you can be friends with your mother, sister, aunty, daughter etc, then surely you can be friends with a lady with no strings attached. It is part of the quality of a matured man. Its only boys that jump at anything under skirt.
are you sexing your mother, brother, uncle, father sister undecided

You really don't know anything yet!
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by WisdomTank: 11:13am On Dec 25, 2015
Op, a resounding yes is my answer to your question. As a matter of fact, I personally I have numerous female friends whom I don't have any strange feelings for. They are free with me and I am equally feel free with them. I know their guys and they know my lady.

Check out my signature for your POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar design
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by dramaqueen1(f): 11:13am On Dec 25, 2015
osazeeblue01:
No. Any girl that told u she keep male friends than female just know that she is a prostitute. If u think am lying go for research yourself.
Its obvious u aint learned..the best friend one can keep is the from the other sex..Do your research
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by damextra: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2015
The truth is that this article is spot on. What sort of play do you think occurs between a dog and a tiger, anyway? The word 'platonic' is just bandied about by the naive to deny what is stirring them in the face. Mature men and women can't be friends. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

Do you keep a distance from your friends? The Op's assertion is still valid.

Keeping a physical distance and setting boundaries.

I have male friends. They are the best!

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Coolcash1: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2015
Friends? hmmmm...There is a proverb in my dialect, ere kini aja n ba ekun se bi ko se ko pa je (What kind of play does a Lion play with a dog if not to kill the dog)...

As the usual saying goes on nairaland, konji na bastard.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy
Because of this comment make i follow u. I swear u say my mind...This just my mind you wrote here. Which drink you dy drink? Tell me make i buy am send u with 2shicken.cheesy
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by AyamConfidence(m): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy
you are right
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by lightdotcom: 11:18am On Dec 25, 2015
U said she is your best friend and that you both have been friends before she started dating... Sounds like you were locked in the 'friend zone' otherwise I think it was better you marry your best friend.
Rapaltar:
I strongly disagree....my Best friend is a lady...

she's d last person I did ever think of bedding....

and its nt lyk im in a relationship tho she is, we'v been frnds bfr she started dating .....

so O.P I STRONGLY disagree...
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 25, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
u r SILK too, is either u r outdated to ur friends or u r ugly
smfh so because my friends are NOT perverts and are not just thinking of banging me everytime they see me, then that makes me ugly?? cheesy you can't be serious. Call me whatever you like but I have plutonic friendships with guys and they're very close to me.
Merry Christmas
kiss
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Afam4eva(m): 11:18am On Dec 25, 2015
Joavid:

Keeping a physical distance and setting boundaries.

I have male friends. They are the best!
That's exactly the Ops point. If someone is truly your friend, then you shouldn't keep physical distance for the fear of something happening.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Afam4eva(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2015
MissGdope:

smfh so because my friends are NOT perverts and are not just thinking of banging me everytime they see me, then that makes me ugly?? cheesy you can't be serious. Call me whatever you like but I have plutonic friendships with guys and they're very close to me.
Merry Christmas
kiss
This is your own point of view. You never know what goes on in their minds whenever they see you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by 1metre: 11:19am On Dec 25, 2015
Op , u really need to develop your mind in a way that you could see a lady the same way you see a guy. it is only myopic minds that will support the above assertion. i personally have female friends whom i hang out on several occasions without thinking your direction. if you are underdeveloped internally, u can view the ladies as object of self satisfaction. get a life Op
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 25, 2015
awesome11:
I don't understand you. You mean because you and your friends can't keep such relationship with a lady, everyone can't. Don't generalize too hastily!

I have about four female friends I keep such platonic relationship with. So?

thumbs up for this comment.

Its obvious that op and his likes are ho'rny guys.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by jidebaba69(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2015
SirWere:
Why not

My closest female friend is a fellow Arsenal fan. We're quite close, platonically........

Her brother is a soldier tho......

He he he!

Why not. if you cant sleep with your sister because of the blood relationship then you can take the sexuality from a relationship and just be friends. But mind you there has to be a separate relationship with another girl or else the platonic one might end up in bed!
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

This is your own point of view. You never know what goes on in their minds whenever they see you.
I have confidence in them. I trust them. Friendship is built on trust.
I'm done with this conversation
have a great day
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by aminoacid01(f): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Of course you can be just friends with your Mother, Sister or Aunty because you aren't sexually attracted to them. It is common sense, Please released that poor guy you friendzone calling him a friend cheesy.
so you mean all you want from a female friend is sex?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Walexsammy:
True or False
Very true
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Afam4eva(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2015
MissGdope:

I have confidence in them. I trust them. Friendship is built on trust.
I'm done with this conversation
have a great day
Having trust is someone doesn't mean they're trustworthy. I don't know why you're getting agitated. Have a great day too. Merry Xmas.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

Having trust is someone doesn't mean they're trustworthy. I don't know why you're getting agitated. Have a great day too. Merry Xmas.
Well you obviously don't know what trust means. If you trust someone, it's because they're trustworthy. If you're in doubt of their trustworthiness, then there's no point in friendship. Who's to say a female friend is more trustworthy than a male one?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by DonX001: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2015
MissGdope:
what kind of dumb question is this?? smh
Op just cos you're a perv doesnt make everyone else one.
I have male friends, been friends with them for years and years. very close to them.
i don't understand wtf is wrong with it. you now want me to believe that all they want is a relationship?
you're SICK!

They may not want a relationship....They may just want to nack.
#friendswithbenefits tinz
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

That's exactly the Ops point. If someone is truly your friend, then you shouldn't keep physical distance for the fear of something happening.

The kind of physical distance am talking about is almost the same you have with a same gender friend.

Eg- any physical contact that could put you two in a compromising situation.
Body no be wood.

Its not about fear, its about been reasonable and realistic.

Same way a lady should not blab to her female friend about her relationship(s) - its all setting boundaries - the type of boundaries may defer, but its all boundaries.

You are friends with someone cos you share similar interests, goals, you gain something from them, they bring out the best in you etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Refused To Pay Prostitute For Service After All Night Sex (video) / Young Lady Marries Old Man In Anambra (Photos) / Couple Pose With Dolphin In Swimming Pool, Take Pre-Wedding Pics To Dubai Desert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.