Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,968 members, 7,838,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (43416 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Pete Edochie Responds To The Thread Can A Guy And A Lady Be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
Youngpo413:
Thanks

You are welcomesad
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ogoji(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
i like the word QUASI as used by you
TheSonOfMark:

Yes, only if both are in different relationships.

If I am married/dating and she's also married/dating then , theoretically, our emotional and sexual needs are being satisfied by our partners which are essentially the reasons why people date.

It's quasi-impossible to be just friends with a woman if she and/or you are not already dating others.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ochobaba(m): 9:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
Toks2008:
A MAN OR WOMAN CAN NOT BE JUST FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX

It’s no secret: guys and girls being "just friends" is a concept held by only the dreamers. Any lady who believes that she can be just a friend with a guy other than co-worker, co-student, or just on a platonic hi-hi level is in-fact the most myopic lady to walk on this planet

A guy’s friends consist of, well, only guys. The only reason a guy would go close to a girl would be to date or bed her. No guy is going to waste his time just being a friend with a girl because it’s not like she is a sports freak or a trans-gendered.

Guys have enough guy friends and won’t waste their time listening to ladies talk from a girl just to be their friend. Plain and simple he wants to bed you except of course you don't mind or he has not made it obvious yet.

Guys being friends with girls is a farce: either he wants to sleep with her, or she still believes in unicorns, because a guy cannot genuinely be friends with a girl and its either the lady secretly desires him or vis avis even while one of the two are ignorant of this.

In-fact i always tell a guy or lady to be more at alert when your bae says this about another opposite sex.."we are just friends,we enjoy each other's company,we are just fond of each other" because once you start hearing this from your bae,you should run because fondness is stronger than the feeling of love and what your bae will not dicsuss with you will be discussed freely with that person so of what use is the affair you are having?

I know some people will say not in all cases and i quite agree but there is a simple test to know if there is no hidden notion or surpressed desire so please as a lady just prove me wrong? give that just friend of yours a kiss and watch him stop you. After-all you guys ought to be just friends.

And for the married man, snap out of your delusion and tell yourself hard fact...YOU ARE OLOJU KOKORO...Let your wife be your only friend,best friend and close friend and same for the lady.

Keeping "friends" of the opposite sex while married or committed to someone is an emotional affair and its even worse than actual physical affair.

Just trying to make common sense.

Having a girl as best friend is like having a dog as pet
U will definitely eat it someday
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by engroke(m): 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Yes

With benefits
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by wtfCode: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
yes, only if she's my sister or maybe ugly with something else to benefit 4rm.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by kandiikane(m): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
Afam4eva:

You mean like male and female?

I mean labels.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by gevans(m): 12:22am On Dec 26, 2015
Op u have a pt there, but on the other hand, I still believe that a guy n a girl can still be friends without thinking of having sex with him or her. I can categorically tell u that 70% of my friends are female right from secondary school n even in the University. I hv not tot of having sex with them, although some guys may do, Dec 23rd 2015 I had female NL visitor who spent the night with me, I didn't touch her or make any request of sex, she was even surprised, she confessed it to me d following day. I don't know how people see sex this day o.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 26, 2015
I can be in a just friends relationship with a girl. it's no big deal
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by mide06: 3:14am On Dec 26, 2015
MissGdope:

I have confidence in them. I trust them. Friendship is built on trust.
I'm done with this conversation
have a great day
trust? embarassed Don't trust human on dat, you only know your motives. Is it my enemy I ll hv sex with? Everyone choose friends cos of benefits, it now depends on the kind of benefit.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ochoa(m): 5:46am On Dec 26, 2015
itz very hard for issh to remain platonic when the lady in question is 'drop dead gorgeous' IMO

make i no lie my female friends dat we've remain 'jux padis' over the years re the ones that are *just there* in that department....uhnnn....hmmmm...i guess u all understand cool
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ymom07(m): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2015
it is possible... i have lota of gals dat i'm just fwendz with...
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by CashVessel(m): 8:23am On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=Toks2008 post=39547040]A MAN OR WOMAN CAN NOT BE JUST FRIENDS WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX

It’s no secret: guys and girls being "just friends" is a concept held by only the dreamers. Any lady who believes that she can be just a friend with a guy other than co-worker, co-student, or just on a platonic hi-hi level is in-fact the most myopic lady to walk on this planet

A guy’s friends consist of, well, only guys. The only reason a guy would go close to a girl would be to date or bed her. No guy is going to waste his time just being a friend with a girl because it’s not like she is a sports freak or a trans-gendered.

Guys have enough guy friends and won’t waste their time listening to ladies talk from a girl just to be their friend. Plain and simple he wants to bed you except of course you don't mind or he has not made it obvious yet.

Guys being friends with girls is a farce: either he wants to sleep with her, or she still believes in unicorns, because a guy cannot genuinely be friends with a girl and its either the lady secretly desires him or vis avis even while one of the two are ignorant of this.

In-fact i always tell a guy or lady to be more at alert when your bae says this about another opposite sex.."we are just friends,we enjoy each other's company,we are just fond of each other" because once you start hearing this from your bae,you should run because fondness is stronger than the feeling of love and what your bae will not dicsuss with you will be discussed freely with that person so of what use is the affair you are having?

I know some people will say not in all cases and i quite agree but there is a simple test to know if there is no hidden notion or surpressed desire so please as a lady just prove me wrong? give that just friend of yours a kiss and watch him stop you. After-all you guys ought to be just friends.

And for the married man, snap out of your delusion and tell yourself hard fact...YOU ARE OLOJU KOKORO...Let your wife be your only friend,best friend and close friend and same for the lady.

Keeping "friends" of the opposite sex while married or committed to someone is an emotional affair and its even worse than actual physical affair.

Just trying to make common sense.[/quote

YES they can be just friends. This your piece is narrow minded and cannot speak for all cases. The problem we have a times is that we don't choose our friends and we don't define our friendship. We allow our dicks choose instead of our heads.. You can have female friends who are confidants.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by tommyzamani(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2015
For we're,Having a female as a best friend is like having chicken for a pet, u will eat it one day.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2015
let the friendship be in an open place ,church place, work place ,market place etc ..never follow him or her to his or her room ...simple
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by H2Ossss(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2015
the only girl i can marry is the 1 that understands this fact...@post... the rest are grenades waiting to be blown up..... dere is a difference btw work colleaques or class mates and friends... aint no guy keeping a female friend for friendship sake... probably scared to act on the feelings or respect the friendship too much.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by magneto(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Toks2008:

I do not fancy your tenses but i can relate with your raw message...

A lady i tot was just my friend came to my room while i was still in Uni and for one reason or the other she passed the night and i did not sleep with her .

About two weeks latter i went to her hostel and i was discussing with other ladies when she suddenly shouted....Bode is impotent from a reliable source...

All her friends were like..wettin this one dey talk...cos none had a clue that she passed the night in my place two weeks earlier...

This was a lady i tot we were just friends...

I also had another experience about 6months ago when a female facebook friend requested to pass the night in my place cos of a job interview since she was not based in lag...

She slept in my place for 3nights yet nothing happened and she told me frankly that she respects me....

Now from these two experiences among seceral others i hve come to realize that in most cases,one out of the two will usually have a neutral mindset while the other will be nursing desires so trust me..i know what i wrote.

Hmmm I can relate to this. I remember one time back in school a "platonic female friend" passed d nite in my room (we had been watching movies and gisting till late). I swore in my mind not to misbehave because of our friendship and despite the mad rush in my brain, I composed myself. But dis babe kept tossing and turning and inching closer to my side of d bed, almost flinging her arm at my junior member! O boy, I quickly turn face wall till morning. Brethren dat was d last time we ever gisted or hanged out like dat ever agn, and to make matters worse the rumours started flying abt dat urs truly was a weakling...ehn!! Me wey dey teach men skills?

Anyways fast forward to my service year, and another "friend" came by my kaban. This one is a close family friend so u can say she should be more like a sister to me...for where?? D girl curves na 'kill and bury' o! grin She was visiting her friend in a university in the neighboring town and "just happened to remember" dat I was serving in dat state so she called just to say hi...(like seriously?) Of cos I sharpenly picked up on her signals and compelled her to visit me b4 dreaming of travelling back or else... Long story short she was glad she came, we had a fun time at my ppa and she wore my boxers and t-shirt to bed, hmmmm....wat to do now? At first she face wall and I face rug, but then I just zero my mind say if she resist too much I'll let her be. Her resistance didn't last past 10 seconds! cheesy and it was one of the best ever....tension released for both of us! She's married now with 2 kids and we're still best of friends, no strings attached. We talk abt dat day sometimes tho and she fondly joked one time dat she never thot I'd have the liver to make a move on her, and was pleasantly surprised wen I did! Needless to say, my chest still swells at dat comment.

Moral of story...learn to read d signs from ur so called 'platonic friend' wen next he/she is around u. They just might want more dan ur giving but too invested in the friendship to voice out their desire wink
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2015
magneto:

Hmmm I can relate to this. I remember one time back in school a "platonic female friend" passed d nite in my room (we had been watching movies and gisting till late). I swore in my mind not to misbehave because of our friendship and despite the mad rush in my brain, I composed myself. But dis babe kept tossing and turning and inching closer to my side of d bed, almost flinging her arm at my junior member! O boy, I quickly turn face wall till morning. Brethren dat was d last time we ever gisted or hanged out like dat ever agn, and to make matters worse the rumours started flying abt dat urs truly was a weakling...ehn!! Me wey dey teach men skills?

Anyways fast forward to my service year, and another "friend" came by my kaban. This one is a close family friend so u can say she should be more like a sister to me...for where?? D girl curves na 'kill and bury' o! grin She was visiting her friend in a university in the neighboring town and "just happened to remember" dat I was serving in dat state so she called just to say hi...(like seriously?) Of cos I sharpenly picked up on her signals and compelled her to visit me b4 dreaming of travelling back or else... Long story short she was glad she came, we had a fun time at my ppa and she wore my boxers and t-shirt to bed, hmmmm....wat to do now? At first she face wall and I face rug, but then I just zero my mind say if she resist too much I'll let her be. Her resistance didn't last past 10 seconds! cheesy and it was one of the best ever....tension released for both of us! She's married now with 2 kids and we're still best of friends, no strings attached. We talk abt dat day sometimes tho and she fondly joked one time dat she never thot I'd have the liver to make a move on her, and was pleasantly surprised wen I did! Needless to say, my chest still swells at dat comment.

Moral of story...learn to read d signs from ur so called 'platonic friend' wen next he/she is around u. They just might want more dan ur giving but too invested in the friendship to voice out their desire wink
Bad guy
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Prechicliff(f): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2015
SirWere:
Why not

My closest female friend is a fellow Arsenal fan. We're quite close, platonically........

Her brother is a soldier tho......
nice grin
SirWere:
Why not

My closest female friend is a fellow Arsenal fan. We're quite close, platonically........

Her brother is a soldier tho......
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by awesome11(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2015
Bollinger:

You are funny. The reason it is not possible is because of what is always on a man's mind. SEX. Sigmund Freud has already proved that. Aso, Waving hi to a female or briefly talking about the weather does not mean you are friends. Being friends with a female takes a lot of bravado from the female. We are talking about FRIENDSHIP here. Not casual aquaintance. I think people are confused as to what friendship means. Can you just walk up to your female "friend" and say "damn. I really need to scratch my balls". And do so right in front of her. These are the kind of things you do with your bro.

You made a wrong assumption. These ladies are good friends of mine, not just casual acquaintances. These are people my mum had once asked which of them was I dating in particular.
The truth is, Sigmund himself understands that there's no general truth in human psychology, and it is wrong to conclude that SEX is always on a man's mind.
As par your last question, we've discussed more naughty things and that has strengthened the friendship and build trust. We've discussed things like her small boobs et al...
To me, only kids think sex is the highest form of pleasure you can get from a lady.. Try build real friendship with them and you know better!
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Bollinger(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2015
awesome11:

You made a wrong assumption. These ladies are good friends of mine, not just casual acquaintances. These are people my mum had once asked which of them was I dating in particular.
The truth is, Sigmund himself understands that there's no general truth in human psychology, and it is wrong to conclude that SEX is always on a man's mind.
As par your last question, we've discussed more naughty things and that has strengthened the friendship and build trust. We've discussed things like her small boobs et al...
To me, only kids think sex is the highest form of pleasure you can get from a lady.. Try build real friendship with them and you know better!

Lol....You are really really funny. Either you have no girlfriend or you are not married. Those that have either one will understand what I'm talking about. Apart from the fact that males and females are not built that way, there is no way a real man or woman will sit comfortably while his girlfriend or boyfriend keeps telling him or her that the guy or girl she or he keeps seeing with are " just friends". God!! You are funny. This is one of many reasons why people of the opposite sex can't be friends.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by awesome11(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol....You are really really funny. Either you have no girlfriend or you are not married. Those that have either one will understand what I'm talking about. Apart from the fact that males and females are not built that way, there is no way a real man or woman will sit comfortably while his girlfriend or boyfriend keeps telling him or her that the guy or girl she or he keeps seeing with are " just friends". God!! You are funny. This is one of many reasons why people of the opposite sex can't be friends.

Again, you are wrong! Though I'm not married but I'm in a serious relationship.
I don't just get you! Imagine me having sexual intimacy with all my female friends. Am I that senseless?
Yea, she was initially uncomfortable with me being just friends with them but she's learnt there's no more to that friendship and she's living with the quite well.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Bollinger(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
awesome11:

Again, you are wrong! Though I'm not married but I'm in a serious relationship.
I don't just get you! Imagine me having sexual intimacy with all my female friends. Am I that senseless?
Yea, she was initially uncomfortable with me being just friends with them but she's learnt there's no more to that friendship and she's living with the quite well.

Then you are confusing acquaintances with friendship. A lot of people do.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by awesome11(m): 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bollinger:

Then you are confusing acquaintances with friendship. A lot of people do.

No...
Some of them are first of my call point in times of distress. Acquaintance of over eight years?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Bollinger(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
awesome11:

No...
Some of them are first of my call point in times of distress. Acquaintance of over eight years?

Funny grin
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by H2Ossss(m): 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
awesome11:

u never ever have felt sexually attracted to any of your female friends? i have one sentence for u....
meeeeeeennn, nigga u gay (In riley freeman's voice)
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by awesome11(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
H2Ossss:

u never ever have felt sexually attracted to any of your female friends? i have one sentence for u....
meeeeeeennn, nigga u gay (In riley freeman's voice)

I'm getting enough sex from my bae.... So?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by BackOff(m): 12:33am On Dec 27, 2015
Though very rare, but it's possible.

Most times, one will always have feelings for the other. Some genuine, others pure lust.
Whether he has the courage to say or not is a topic for ànother day.

However, most of the true male/female best friends are born through communication and setting of boundaries.
Eventually, one realizes he cherishes the friendship more than wanting more.

It's easier to say you have male/female friends, but do you really know how they feel inside? It might not be you who wants more, it just might be the other person.

If anyone is very sure about this, carry out that (KISS) test and see what happens.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ssultana(f): 5:53am On Dec 27, 2015
Lol is that anger dear poster?
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2015
True; I only keep close platonic relationship with ladies that i'm not sexually attached to...
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
One of my best friends and my second oldest friend is a guy. We go way back to the thick of cootie era when cooties were rife (the fourth grade). The only problems we've had is with certain people we've dated here and there imagining the worst.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Groom Shatters His Spine At His Wedding in Romania (Pictures, Video) / Lady Uses N3m Her Fiancé Sent Her For Their Marriage To Process Visa & Travelled / Shaming Of Women Over Leaked Sex Videos Or Nudes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.