Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong (16878 Views)

Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) / Who Invented The Trinity? / Debunking The Trinity Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by Richirich713: 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
JW's what do u mean when u say jesus is the Son of God?
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
ifeness:
@pr0ton nice job!

lmao ... I'm just getting started cheesy

1 Like

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
Pr0ton:

I wonder why people find this particular part unbelieveable. What was your complex you when you originated in the womb? A mini-complex you or a singled-celled?

1.So why does it take 9 months for this "single cell" in the womb to attain the human look and why did it take millions of years to achieve this same look .

2. Are we to expect new life forms in millions of years to come

3. Are humans going to evolve to an entirely different specie - homo habilis habilis transformalis grin - in million of years to come

I wonder why you peddle nonesense like Abiogenesis . It never happened and it cannot happen . That's why there's a more interesting theory like Panspermia - redirects to Abiogenesis (sadly).

An oligocence primate, Aegyptopithecus. Which is also extinct.

There is no proof modern monkeys evolved from it .You are just assuming . Playing the similarity cards already ?

I have. How do you know such exists? And how was it an uncaused cause that caused the Big Bang and not something different?

Something different like ? lipsrsealed

At least one basic building block of life amino acids can be produced from inorganic compound, as proven in Milley-Urey's experiment. Such, and more not known yet, could have happened million years ago where the earth's atmospheric condition mostly allowed than now all 'subconsciously' working to the evolution of life.

I enjoy your romance with uncertainty ... your silly ideologies are precarious - they will fall flat when the time comes kiss

Anyway read this and tell me what you think : https://www.nairaland.com/2305535/dealing-misconceptions-10-things-bible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by plappville(f): 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
kaboraa:
This theory of the Trinity is very damaging. First of all there is no much evidence in the Bible for it. Even when Jesus was called good he said Only God was good. Furthermore, there are many reasons why I will side with the Jews who think Christianity is pagan. Why would God promise the Israelites that a Messiah who is like Moses will come and restore the Kingdom of Israel when He himself was going to come. He should have told the Israelites clearly because He said that we should judge a prophecy if it came exactly as he said it would. If this was not clearly spelt out to the Israelite how can they be held responsible for being cautious not to believe anyone when they were going by what God had told them. How would Christians feel if the second coming of Jesus comes in a way we least expect and then we are told that we are wasted because we did not accept him. I mean c'mon. Imagine my brother at home telling me he is the second coming of Christ. No matter the miracles he does I would not believe HIM because scripture has told us how Christ is coming and that we shall be wary of angels of darkness posing as angels of light. Now imagine if it was true that my brother was the second coming of Christ, do you not see how ridiculous it is when I am blamed that I rejected Christ. C'mon guys. There is so much confusion in Christianity because many things don't add up. God created the world millions of years ago, with all the wars suffering and diseases, decided to come down at a time there was no video camera and not clearly telling even His selected nation about it and then decides that those who did not believe Him are all going to burn in eternity for HELL because they did not believe HIM. C'Mooon!!

I believe very much in Jesus but I believe most of his teachings were practical simple living a life of love and not even about a new religion. Christians believe salvation belongs to those who believe in the Name of Jesus and accept him that he came to die for their sins. However this is not clearly taught as Salvation. Salvation belongs to those who believe in HIM. And he clearly stated that those who believe in HIM are those who obey the words he taught. And it is summed that all He talked about was less religion and commandments and living for love. If your life is not lived by love you don't have salvation. Period.

Thank you very much. You made good points. Same reason Christians rejected Mohammad (SBUH) . The bible gave many reasons why Muhammad should be rejected. the last thin a Christian will do is embrace the lies in the Koran. We are in same shoes as the Jews. They hold on to the promises of God through prophets like Moses, Isaiah, Daniel, Jeremiah et . The Messiah will be a Man. A Jew. Not God himself. The comforter is the holy spirit Not a person (Muhammad). Christians should start thinking...and stop this God in three person dogma. It's indeed damaging just like you stated up there.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by plappville(f): 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

That God exists as three beings - The Father , The Son ,The Holy Spirit - and they are one .

Just like your Dad, your mum and you are one? Or something different? undecided

You are a christian and what do you believe in then ?

I believe there is one true God. Yahweh. Who no man can see and live, who can not be tempted, who cannot die, who cannot pray to no one because he is the Almighty.

And His son Jesus. Who told me he was sent by His father, Who told me He has a God, who told me that His God is my God, who pray to His God, Who told taught me how to pray to His God, who said that His God is greater than Him, who told Me that the words he speaks are not his but from His Father, who is sitting at the right hand of his God. Who will finally hand over the Kingdom to His father at the end of everything.

And the Holy spirit which is the spirit of God. Which came upon Christ at his baptising day, who Christ promised, who came down on the apostles on the day Christ CHURCH was built, who is live in a Christian as a proof, who is still guiding true christians till date.

Who is Jesus ? How did Jesus come into being ?

Jesus is the promised Messiah, He is the son of God. The first born from the Dead. My Bible told me that Jesus came to being by a miraculous birth. The holy spirit came onto Mary. Voila. Can you tell me your own version too please.?

Trinity is not a theory , its is fact
Yet Jesus wasn't bold enough to state this fact. You think it's best for you to do it in his place by cracking your brain why explaining it? undecided

So How different is your Jesus to mine ?

Mine is just as I stated up there bro...
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 12:39am On Nov 04, 2015
Pr0ton:

And one accepts spiritual life through reading the Bible, right? And you also said only those with spiritual eyes can read the Bible... this is still sensible.

No, one accepts spiritual life by accepting Jesus Christ. Reading the Bible helps one grow and mature spiritually. (There is more to this)
A person can read the Bible, even if they have not accepted Jesus Christ, it's beneficial. And, we all began this way. I said previously that those who are not spiritually alive will not understand spiritual things. I am not the one that said it in the first place, God says it.

"Now the natural man does not receive the things from the Spirit of God — to him they are nonsense! Moreover, he is unable to grasp them, because they are evaluated through the Spirit." 1 Corinthians 2:14 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 2:49am On Nov 04, 2015
Jessicha:

You are complicating things for yourself .

If image of God means mind + body + spirit , then God is one person .

God has a mind [1Cor 2:16]

God have a spiritual body [1Cor 15:40,44]

God have spirit [gen 6:3]

Your analogy then proves God is one person , or you are totally using the wrong illustration.

Note : the trinity claim the spirit of God is a totally different person . Which is proved false by your human analogy , is our spirit a different person ? No . God said " My spirit" Genesis 6:3 , Which Proves its not a separate person just like in humans , who re his image .

I am not complicating myself. It is not about me at all, it's about God and what He has revealed about Himself in the Bible. I am still learning and I am only trying to share in a way that might help clear up some few questions.

What I shared previously is that "we" are made in the image of God. God is not made in the image of man. The mind, body and spirit analogy is a way to sort of illustrate that three can be one in ways we do not fully grasp.

The scriptures you shared are much clearer in full context:
1 Corinthians 2:15-16 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:39-40 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 1 Corinthians 15:43-44 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
Genesis 6:2-3 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

To say the trinity claims God's Spirit is a totally separate person is not correct. God is not a person, God is spirit. Although, Jesus did wear humanity, He was always divinely God.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 3:02am On Nov 04, 2015
Jessicha:

Defending your faith doesnt mean you should forget basic english sister .

@ underlined , how dare you use the word "Only" that refer to single , sole person to describe three persons ?

My sister the "only" was added for emphasis. Don't let it bother you and good catch smiley
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 4:48am On Nov 04, 2015
Pr0ton:

When people are referred to by name they are referred in whole. Just as it's wrong in logic and reality to call a proton an atom so also it's empty to call Paul's hand Paul. You don't separately call his hand by his name, you call his whole being, which may include your body, mind and soul, by his name, Paul.

Paul's spirit can't be called Paul separately, but the spirit of Paul. While Paul as a person can possess a kind of spirit that has a name, the spirit is never Paul as a person, but one of the whole constituent of Paul; body, mind and spirit.

When Paul's body possesses another spirit he ceases to be Paul as a person logically and in reality. He then becomes the person of that spirit.

Let's take Paul of the Bible as example. In one of his letters, in the last verses of Galatians 2, he says if the spirit of Christ lives in him then it's no longer him that lives but Christ living in his body, so that logically and in reality he becomes righteous (as Christ is) before God.

Where then is Paul's spirit? The answer is found in a verse in Col 3 where he says 'our life is hidden in Christ in heaven'.

Paul's person in his body is no longer Paul but Jesus, and that's why he is justified before God. Paul technically ceases to exist when his spirit is staying separately, but comes into existence when it possesses a body, at least in our world.

Here is the point... for a person to exist and be referred to as a person it NECESSARILY needs a body, mind and spirit. AND ONE OF THESE COMPONENT CAN NOT EXIST SEPARATELY AND STILL RETAIN THE QUALITIES OF A PERSON. For example, THE MIND CEASES TO EXIST WITHOUT A BODY. A SPIRIT IS NOT A PERSON WITHOUT A BEING/BODY. A BODY IS USELESS WITHOUT A SPIRIT AND MIND.

This explanation therefore proves the anology of a person's body, spirit and mind inconsistent with the nature of the Trinity. The three Godheads are said to be able to exists alone and still retain the qualities of a God, consequently making them three separated Gods. It doesn't follow the equation of a person, i.e

Person = body + spirit + soul

but

GOD = Yahwew = Jesus = Holy Spirit

where every entity is a God.. hence when they stay separate they become Gods

I appreciate all you shared but the analogy of mind, body and spirit is just a glimpse, it is not exhaustive in any way. Even with your great detail; it doesn’t even come close to the nature of God or the trinity, nor does mine for that matter. There is so much more involved that cannot be expressed in mere words. This is why one has to be alive spiritually.

As I shared in a previous response, we are made in the image of God but God is not made in the image of man.

Regarding, Galatians 2 and Colossians 3….those are good questions but it is not as you laid it out.

[color=#990000]“So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his”. Romans 8:8-9

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. Galatians 2:20-21

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:3-4

It really helps me alot to read the verse before and after; if possible, the whole chapter to keep what is read in context. Without God’s revelation one will end in error. Taking one part of the scripture and ignoring another one will end in error.

Your point is very correct when it applies to man and human nature, but it does not apply to God. The nature of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is God.

[/color]
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by Jessicha(f): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2015
Sistersister

To say the trinity claims Gods spirit is a totally separate person is not correct .

That means the trinity is not correct

Trinity says there are three persons in one God . Nd the spirit of God The Father is considered a totally separate person .

Person 1 = the father

Person 2 = the son

Person 3 = holyspirit / spirit of God the father

Can you see ?

God is not a person

So what is he , Wind ? You av just destroyed the doctrine of trinity that said God is a combination of 3 distinct persons .
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by Annunaki(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2015
kaboraa:
This theory of the Trinity is very damaging. First of all there is no much evidence in the Bible for it. Even when Jesus was called good he said Only God was good. Furthermore, there are many reasons why I will side with the Jews who think Christianity is pagan. Why would God promise the Israelites that a Messiah who is like Moses will come and restore the Kingdom of Israel when He himself was going to come. He should have told the Israelites clearly because He said that we should judge a prophecy if it came exactly as he said it would. If this was not clearly spelt out to the Israelite how can they be held responsible for being cautious not to believe anyone when they were going by what God had told them. How would Christians feel if the second coming of Jesus comes in a way we least expect and then we are told that we are wasted because we did not accept him. I mean c'mon. Imagine my brother at home telling me he is the second coming of Christ. No matter the miracles he does I would not believe HIM because scripture has told us how Christ is coming and that we shall be wary of angels of darkness posing as angels of light. Now imagine if it was true that my brother was the second coming of Christ, do you not see how ridiculous it is when I am blamed that I rejected Christ. C'mon guys. There is so much confusion in Christianity because many things don't add up. God created the world millions of years ago, with all the wars suffering and diseases, decided to come down at a time there was no video camera and not clearly telling even His selected nation about it and then decides that those who did not believe Him are all going to burn in eternity for HELL because they did not believe HIM. C'Mooon!!

I believe very much in Jesus but I believe most of his teachings were practical simple living a life of love and not even about a new religion. Christians believe salvation belongs to those who believe in the Name of Jesus and accept him that he came to die for their sins. However this is not clearly taught as Salvation. Salvation belongs to those who believe in HIM. And he clearly stated that those who believe in HIM are those who obey the words he taught. And it is summed that all He talked about was less religion and commandments and living for love. If your life is not lived by love you don't have salvation. Period.

Absolutely brilliant write up, 10,000,000,000 likes for this smiley

1 Like

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 4:10am On Nov 05, 2015
Jessicha:

That means the trinity is not correct

Trinity says there are three persons in one God . Nd the spirit of God The Father is considered a totally separate person .

Person 1 = the father

Person 2 = the son

Person 3 = holyspirit / spirit of God the father

Can you see ?

So what is he , Wind ? You av just destroyed the doctrine of trinity that said God is a combination of 3 distinct persons .

My dear, please re-read what I shared previously?

We, human beings, are one person. Mind, body, spirit = one person

God is not a person, God is spirit. The trinity is 3 in 1, but not 3 persons in 1 person. God the Father, Son/Word of God, Holy Spirit = One God

[color=#990000] "For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and THESE THREE ARE ONE". (1 John 5:7)

Will you be willing to do something? Will you read the book of John in the Bible, even if you have read it before? If I may suggest the King James Version and another version like New Living or which ever one you have available, so that you can compare the two as you read.

When you have finished reading the whole book of John, will you please return to this thread and share with us what you can? [/color]
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by Richirich713: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2015
The trinity can't be true cuz God has to be like his creation, he has to be like humans right? undecided

"To whom then will you liken God, or what likeness compare with him? (Isaiah 40:18)

"To whom then will you compare me,  that I should be like him? says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these?

"The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable"

"To whom will you liken me and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike?... remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me"

So why do u people keep asking us to give a illustration of God Nature, we can't compare his creation to him cuz there is none like him.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by dolphinheart(m): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2015
SisterSister:

[b] My dear, please re-read what I shared previously?

Pls show prove of these.

God is not a person, God is spirit. The trinity is 3 in 1, but not 3 persons in 1 person. God the Father, Son/Word of God, Holy Spirit = One God
Is jesus a person or not?
Is the holy spirit a person or not?
Is the father a person or not? .
If you say they are persons, then we have 3 persons!

[color=#990000] "For there are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and THESE THREE ARE ONE". (1 John 5:7)

False translation inserted by those who are trying to make the scripture support the false doctrine.
Will you be willing to do something? Will you read the book of John in the Bible, even if you have read it before? If I may suggest the King James Version and another version like New Living or which ever one you have available, so that you can compare the two as you read.
just pointed out the translation of a verse that I have issues with.

When you have finished reading the whole book of John, will you please return to this thread and share with us what you can? [/color]
[/b]
We can share what we have read when we have examined some issues of mistranslations found in the version you suggested.

Always remember what jesus told mary, I have not yet ascended to my god and ur god.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by mubarakopeyemi(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
Pr0ton:

and that one God was kiiled on the cross after committing his spirit to another God.

grin funny
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by BETATRON(m): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
SisterSister:

My dear, please re-read what I shared previously?

A poor analogy to use.maybe I should term it as desperation
1 mind body and spirit aint one they perform different functions and complement each other on other occasions...you bath the body and not the mind and spirit..the body gets pregnant not the mind or soul,the body eats not the spirit
The body dies the mind dies not the spirit...the body grows old and worn out not the spirit...what are you trying to say when you use this analogy for trinity...do they perform different functions??
If they are indeed equal and the same why did christ exclaim "I was SENT only to the lost ship of the house of isreal? Who sent Him? How can a God send a God? You only send one who is lower than you in rank...and finally sending some1 makes him a messenger...so I think you should have a rethink and not bring up analogies that don't fit in
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
BETATRON:

A poor analogy to use.maybe I should term it as desperation
1 mind body and spirit aint one they perform different functions and complement each other on other occasions...you bath the body and not the mind and spirit..the body gets pregnant not the mind or soul,the body eats not the spirit
The body dies the mind dies not the spirit...the body grows old and worn out not the spirit...what are you trying to say when you use this analogy for trinity...do they perform different functions??
If they are indeed equal and the same why did christ exclaim "I was SENT only to the lost ship of the house of isreal? Who sent Him? How can a God send a God? You only send one who is lower than you in rank...and finally sending some1 makes him a messenger...so I think you should have a rethink and not bring up analogies that don't fit in

There is no just analogy or words to accurately describe the Trinity, we only try. Another analogy is one of water. Water can be liquid, ice and gas but yet in all three states, it’s still water. Desperation doesn’t have anything to do with it. Care has everything to do with it. It is true what you said but it is not the gist or the heart of the matter. The analogy is just a lead. I can’t do the work required to grasp God and who He is as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It is only you who can do this. One pastor says this of the Trinity, "Scripture shows how each member of the Trinity fulfills His specific role, and it also reveals how those three roles interrelate. Let me express this idea in simple terms: The Father creates a plan, Jesus Christ implements the plan, and the Holy Spirit administers the plan”.

Quote Source:
http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/holy-trinity/the-roles-of-the-trinity.html
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by BETATRON(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
SisterSister:

There is no just analogy or words to accurately describe the Trinity, we only try. Another analogy is one of water. Water can be liquid, ice and gas but yet in all three states, it’s still water. Desperation doesn’t have anything to do with it. Care has everything to do with it. It is true what you said but it is not the gist or the heart of the matter. The analogy is just a lead. I can’t do the work required to grasp God and who He is as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It is only you who can do this. One pastor says this of the Trinity, "Scripture shows how each member of the Trinity fulfills His specific role, and it also reveals how those three roles interrelate. Let me express this idea in simple terms: The Father creates a plan, Jesus Christ implements the plan, and the Holy Spirit administers the plan”.

Quote Source:
http://www.jesus.org/is-jesus-god/holy-trinity/the-roles-of-the-trinity.html

same sister it doesn't fit yes correct water can exist in three states but not at the same time...do you know that this concept of trinity was actually introduced into the bible centuries after christ?
Don't mean to disobey christ,I have full respect for him..anyways here is my question "if christ was equal to God the father how come he said "I was not sent but to the lost ship of the house of isreal" how is it logical for a God to send a God?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
dolphinheart:

Pls show prove of these.

Is jesus a person or not?
Is the holy spirit a person or not?
Is the father a person or not? .
If you say they are persons, then we have 3 persons!

False translation inserted by those who are trying to make the scripture support the false doctrine.
just pointed out the translation of a verse that I have issues with.

We can share what we have read when we have examined some issues of mistranslations found in the version you suggested.

Always remember what jesus told mary, I have not yet ascended to my god and ur god.

[b]Who is Jesus? Is Jesus God
http://www.everystudent.com/features/faith.html

Who is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.everystudent.com/forum/hspirit.html

How Can One God be Three Persons?
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t002.html

1 John 5:7 says, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. Why do you say the translation is false and the doctrine is false?

Here is 1 John 5:6-8 in three translations:

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1 John 5:6-8 King James Version (KJV)

And Jesus Christ was revealed as God’s Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross[a]—not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony. 7 So we have these three witnesses[b]— 8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and all three agree. 1 John 5:6-8 New Living Translation (NLT)

He is the one who came by means of water and blood, Yeshua the Messiah — not with water only, but with the water and the blood. And the Spirit bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 There are three witnesses — 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood — and these three are in agreement. 1 John 5:6-8 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

I personally use KJV and NLT but recently began reading through CJB and Geneva 1611. There is grave caution regarding the number of Bible translations available today. Many translations are now copyrighted, where before they were just published. To retain copyright, usually something has to be changed; thus, so many words have been omitted. In addition, whole verses have been totally removed.

I agree with you about sharing what we read and add we should also share the story of our life. I have provided the translations above.

John 20:16-18 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Jesus told what would happen to him before it even happened. Yet, his disciples didn’t see at first. Jesus said he would be crucified, resurrect and return to heaven. And, that is exactly what he did.
[/b]
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
BETATRON:
same sister it doesn't fit yes correct water can exist in three states but not at the same time...do you know that this concept of trinity was actually introduced into the bible centuries after christ?
Don't mean to disobey christ,I have full respect for him..anyways here is my question "if christ was equal to God the father how come he said "I was not sent but to the lost ship of the house of isreal" how is it logical for a God to send a God?

My brother, it fit well from God’s perspective. I know some do say the Trinity was introduced centuries after Christ but actually the Trinity was introduced in the first book of the Bible, Genesis.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

Then God said, “ Let us make human beings [a] in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” Genesis 1:26 (NLT)

Then God said, “[b] Let us make humankind
in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth.” Genesis 1:26 (CJB)

There is no harm in asking questions and I glad to hear you do have respect for Jesus Christ.

Here is the scripture you shared in context:
But Yeshua did not say a word to her. Then is talmidim came to him and urged him, “Send her away, because she is following us and keeps pestering us with her crying.” 24 He said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Isra’el.” 25 But she came, fell at his feet and said, “Sir, help me!” 26 He answered, “It is not right to take the children’s food and toss it to their pet dogs.” Matthew 15:23-26 (CJB)

But Jesus gave her no reply, not even a word. Then his disciples urged him to send her away. “Tell her to go away,” they said. “She is bothering us with all her begging.” 24 Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” 25 But she came and worshiped him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!” 26 Jesus responded, “It isn’t right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs.” Matthew 15:23-26 (NLT)

But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. Matthew 15:23-26 (KJV)

The Bible has to be taken whole, not in parts.

Question: "If Jesus was God, how could He pray to God? Was Jesus praying to Himself?"

Answer: To understand Jesus as God on earth praying to His Father in heaven, we need to realize that the eternal Father and the eternal Son had an eternal relationship before Jesus took upon Himself the form of a man. Please read John 5:19-27, particularly verse 23 where Jesus teaches that the Father sent the Son (also see John 15:10). Jesus did not become the Son of God when He was born in Bethlehem. He has always been the Son of God from eternity past, still is the Son of God, and always will be.

Q &A Source continued
http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-pray-God.html
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
BETATRON:

Question: "Why did Jesus say that He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel (Matthew 15:24)?"

Answer: Jesus was in the area of Tyre and Sidon, a coastal region in extreme northeastern Galilee (Matthew 15:21) when a Canaanite woman came to Him with a request to heal her demon-possessed daughter. For a while, Jesus did not respond to the woman’s entreaties, and she followed Him and continued to beg for mercy. Finally, the disciples, feeling that the woman was a nuisance, asked Jesus to send her away. Then Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).

We should understand Jesus’ words here not as an outright rejection of the Gentiles—moments later, He heals the woman’s daughter (Matthew 15:28)—but as a fulfillment of prophecy, a setting of priorities, and a test of the woman’s faith.

In Jeremiah 50:6, God calls Israel His people and “lost sheep.” The Messiah, spoken of throughout the Old Testament, was seen as the one who would gather these “lost sheep” (Ezekiel 34:23-24; Micah 5:4-5). When Jesus presented Himself as a shepherd to Israel, He was claiming to be the fulfillment of Messianic prophecy (Mark 6:34, 14:27; John 10:11-16; see also Hebrews 13:20; 1 Peter 5:4; and Revelation 7:17).

Jesus’ words to the Canaanite woman also show an awareness of Israel’s place in God’s plan of salvation. God revealed through Moses that the children of Israel were “a holy people to the LORD . . . chosen . . . a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth” (Deuteronomy 7:6). It was through the Jews that God issued His Law, preserved His Word, and sent His Son. This is why, elsewhere, Jesus tells a Samaritan that “salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22). In Matthew 15, when the Jewish Messiah says that He was sent to “the house of Israel,” He is simply connecting His presence with God’s purpose in Old Testament history. Christ was “born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law” (Galatians 4:4-5).

This source continues:
http://www.gotquestions.org/lost-sheep-Israel.html
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by BETATRON(m): 7:07am On Nov 07, 2015
SisterSister:

Question: "Why did Jesus say that He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel (Matthew 15:24)?"

Answer: Jesus was in the area of Tyre and Sidon, a coastal region in extreme northeastern Galilee (Matthew 15:21) when a Canaanite woman came to Him with a request to heal her demon-possessed daughter. For a while, Jesus did not respond to the woman’s entreaties, and she followed Him and continued to beg for mercy. Finally, the disciples, feeling that the woman was a nuisance, asked Jesus to send her away. Then Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).

We should understand Jesus’ words here not as an outright rejection of the Gentiles—moments later, He heals the woman’s daughter (Matthew 15:28)—but as a fulfillment of prophecy, a setting of priorities, and a test of the woman’s faith.

In Jeremiah 50:6, God calls Israel His people and “lost sheep.” The Messiah, spoken of throughout the Old Testament, was seen as the one who would gather these “lost sheep” (Ezekiel 34:23-24; Micah 5:4-5). When Jesus presented Himself as a shepherd to Israel, He was claiming to be the fulfillment of Messianic prophecy (Mark 6:34, 14:27; John 10:11-16; see also Hebrews 13:20; 1 Peter 5:4; and Revelation 7:17).

Jesus’ words to the Canaanite woman also show an awareness of Israel’s place in God’s plan of salvation. God revealed through Moses that the children of Israel were “a holy people to the LORD . . . chosen . . . a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth” (Deuteronomy 7:6). It was through the Jews that God issued His Law, preserved His Word, and sent His Son. This is why, elsewhere, Jesus tells a Samaritan that “salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22). In Matthew 15, when the Jewish Messiah says that He was sent to “the house of Israel,” He is simply connecting His presence with God’s purpose in Old Testament history. Christ was “born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law” (Galatians 4:4-5).

This source continues:
http://www.gotquestions.org/lost-sheep-Israel.html

maybe you don't understand my question
I didn't say jesus rejected the gentiles...my question is why did He use the Word SENT if he is indeed god,who sent him?
You've actually answered the question "AS A FULFILLMENT OF PROPHECY" are you consciously of unconsciously calling christ a Prophet?

1 Like

Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by dolphinheart(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2015
@ sistersister

I did ask you to provide proof of ur view that man is made up of the body, spirit and mind.

Who is Jesus? Is Jesus God
http://www.everystudent.com/
features/faith.html

You said god is not a person
And I asked: Is Jesus a person or not? The site you provided does not answer that question.
The site also failed woefully in explaining why jesus is god.
If you feel I'm wrong, you can post the site here.

Who is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.everystudent.com/
forum/hspirit.html
Even though I have a contrary view to some of the things said in that site, ill hold on for now. For now, below is what I take out of that site as I believe it is response to the question: is the holy spirit a person or not ?
: "The Holy Spirit is a real
person who came to reside
within Jesus Christ's true
followers after Jesus rose from
the dead and ascended to
heaven."

Now if you say the holy spirit is a real person, what about jesus and the father.?

How Can One God be Three Persons?
http://
www.christiananswers.net/q-
eden/edn-t002.html
The site cannot be displayed on my phone, maybe you can you post the content here.

1 John 5:7 says, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. Why do you say the translation is false and the doctrine is
false?

According to a scholar: there are times when people adore their theology more than the God-breathed original, and they fight for the man-made
addition as if it were the original words of God. This has been the case with 1 John 5:7 and 8, and we applaud the honesty of the translators of modern versions who have left it out of their translations.

For a better understanding of what I'm trying to tell you, pls read what in on these sites.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses/1-john-5-7-8

http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/12/why-is-1-john-57-8-found-in-the-kjv-kept-in-the-nkjv-when-it-is-believed-to-b

http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/texts/1john5-7.html

http://www.angelfire.com/space/thegospeltruth/trinity/verses/1Jn5_7.html

Even the NKJV reads in its footnote : U-Text and M-Text
omit the words from in heaven
(verse 7) through on earth (verse cool. Only four or five very late manuscripts contain these words in Greek.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+5&version=NKJV

John 20:16-18 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto her, Mary.
She turned herself, and saith
unto him, Rabboni; which is
to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith
unto her, Touch me not; for I
am not yet ascended to my
Father: but go to my brethren,
and say unto them, I ascend
unto my Father, and your
Father; and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
Jesus told what would
happen to him before it even
happened. Yet, his disciples
didn’t see at first. Jesus said
he would be crucified, resurrect and return to heaven. And, that is exactly what he did.
Hope you understand what jesus told mary, he told her that he has a god, that that god is also mary's god. That their god(both jesus and mary ) is the father! .
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2015
SisterSister

1 John 5:7 says, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. Why do you say the translation is false and the doctrine is false?

Here is 1 John 5:6-8 in three translations:

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1 John 5:6-8 King James Version (KJV)

And Jesus Christ was revealed as God’s Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross[a]—not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit, who is truth, confirms it with his testimony. 7 So we have these three witnesses[b]— 8 the Spirit, the water, and the blood—and all three agree. 1 John 5:6-8 New Living Translation (NLT)

He is the one who came by means of water and blood, Yeshua the Messiah — not with water only, but with the water and the blood. And the Spirit bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 There are three witnesses — 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood — and these three are in agreement. 1 John 5:6-8 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Did you not notice a difference between the last two translations and the KJV above?

Read verse 7 of both translations carefully
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 6:33am On Nov 09, 2015
JMAN05:
SisterSister

Did you not notice a difference between the last two translations and the KJV above?

Read verse 7 of both translations carefully

Yes, there is a definite difference between the translations. This is the very point and serious caution among the translations. When certain verses are put in footnotes, rearranged in away or completely removed, the understanding is tampered with.

The last two translations you noted are definite copyrighted translations.

As well, certain KJV's are now copyrighted, which is why it is best to try to stay with the earlier published versions instead of copyrighted versions. It is this very thing that moves many to believe this will contribute to the apostasy or falling away from the church of many. Many will believe they have the Gospel but in the copyrighted versions many of them have been watered down, words removed and the intent no longer the same. Thus, the real transformation from the living word that takes place, will not take place. Why? Because, man has changed the words so they can make money from the copyrighted versions.

Here is a copy of the same verse but from a version that was earlier published and it is in sync with the KJV:

"Who is he that ouercommeth the world, but he that beleeueth that Iesus is the Sonne of God? 6This is hee that came by water and blood, euen Iesus Christ, not by water onely, but by water and blood: and it is the Spirit that beareth witnesse, because the Spirit is trueth. 7For there are three that beare record in heauen, the Father, the Word, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that beare witnesse in earth, the Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood, and these three agree in one".
1 John 5:6-8 (KJV 1611) Viewing the original 1611 KJV with archaic English spelling.

Here is another version example:

Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. 21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Matthew 17:19-21 King James Version (KJV)

"Afterward the disciples asked Jesus privately, “Why couldn’t we cast out that demon?” 20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.[a]” Matthew 17:19-20 New Living Translation (NLT)

"Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” [21] [a] Matthew 17:19-21 New International Version (NIV)

***In the last two versions, verse 21 is not given. Many do not realize this and a very powerful message in verse 21 is missed.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 9:36am On Nov 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

@ sistersister

I did ask you to provide proof of ur view that man is made up of the body, spirit and mind.

You said god is not a person
And I asked: Is Jesus a person or not? The site you provided does not answer that question.
The site also failed woefully in explaining why jesus is god.
If you feel I'm wrong, you can post the site here.

Even though I have a contrary view to some of the things said in that site, ill hold on for now. For now, below is what I take out of that site as I believe it is response to the question: is the holy spirit a person or not ?
: "The Holy Spirit is a real
person who came to reside
within Jesus Christ's true
followers after Jesus rose from
the dead and ascended to
heaven."

Now if you say the holy spirit is a real person, what about jesus and the father.?

The site cannot be displayed on my phone, maybe you can you post the content here.

According to a scholar: there are times when people adore their theology more than the God-breathed original, and they fight for the man-made
addition as if it were the original words of God. This has been the case with 1 John 5:7 and 8, and we applaud the honesty of the translators of modern versions who have left it out of their translations.

For a better understanding of what I'm trying to tell you, pls read what in on these sites.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/verses/1-john-5-7-8

http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/12/why-is-1-john-57-8-found-in-the-kjv-kept-in-the-nkjv-when-it-is-believed-to-b

http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/texts/1john5-7.html

http://www.angelfire.com/space/thegospeltruth/trinity/verses/1Jn5_7.html

Even the NKJV reads in its footnote : U-Text and M-Text
omit the words from in heaven
(verse 7) through on earth (verse cool. Only four or five very late manuscripts contain these words in Greek.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+5&version=NKJV

Hope you understand what jesus told mary, he told her that he has a god, that that god is also mary's god. That their god(both jesus and mary ) is the father! .

It is common knowledge medically, scientifically, etc. that man/human beings have a mind, body and spirit. You do know this of yourself personally, yes? There is too much evidence to support this and is easily located online or offline.

Scripture shares that God is Spirit, though Jesus did take on humanity and dwelt among us during his earthly ministry.
There are too many sources to count, this is just one I came across online. Actually, the sites I previously provided explained very well and gave scripture to support. Jesus is God because He was always God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:1-2 (KJV)

If one takes a verse while ignoring another, one will end in error. The thread would be too grand if I posted all of the information from the links I previously provided, but here is some.

[b]Who is Jesus? Is Jesus God?
[/b]http://www.everystudent.com/features/faith.html
Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?
We're told that "the common people heard him gladly." And, "He taught as One who had authority, and not as their teachers of the Law."1
It soon became apparent, however, that he was making shocking and startling statements about himself. He began to identify himself as far more than a remarkable teacher or prophet. He began to say clearly that he was God. He made his identity the focal point of his teaching. The all-important question he put to those who followed him was, "Who do you say I am?" When Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,"2 Jesus was not shocked, nor did he rebuke Peter. On the contrary, he commended him!Jesus frequently referred to "My Father," and his hearers got the full impact of his words. We are told, "The Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."3 On another occasion he said, "I and My Father are One." Immediately the religious authorities wanted to stone him. He asked them which of his good works caused them to want to kill him. They replied, "We are not stoning you for any of these but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."4

Is Jesus God? Look at His life.
When a paralyzed man was let down through the roof wanting to be healed by him, Jesus said, "Son, your sins are forgiven you." The religious leaders immediately reacted. "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
When Jesus was on trial for his life, the high priest put the question to him directly: "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"
"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."
The high priest tore his clothes. "Why do we need any more witnesses?" he asked. "You have heard the blasphemy."5
So close was Jesus' connection with God that he equated a person's attitude to himself with the person's attitude toward God. Thus, to know him was to know God.6 To see him was to see God.7 To believe in him was to believe in God.8 To receive him was to receive God.9 To hate him was to hate God.10 And to honor him was to honor God.11

Here are the scriptures mentioned:
(1) Matthew 7:29 (2) Matthew 16:15-16 (3) John 5:18 (4) John 10:33 (5) Mark 14:61-64 (6) John 8:19; 14:7 (7) 12:45; 14:9 (cool 12:44; 14:1
(9) Mark 9:37 (10) John 15:23 (11) John 5:23 (12) John 10:38 (13) John 8:46 (14) 1 Peter 2:22 (15) Matthew 27:54 (16) John 9:25, 32
(17) Mark 4:41 (18) John 11:48 (19) John 14:6 (20) John 8:12 (21) John 10:28 (22) Mark 9:31 (23) 1 Corinthians 15:14 (24) John 10:18
(25) Matthew 26:52,53 (26) Acts 1:3 (27) John 20:24-29 (28) John 10:10 (29) John 3:16 (30) Revelation 3:20

Who is the Holy Spirit?
[/b]http://www.everystudent.com/forum/hspirit.html
[b]Q:
"Who or what is the Holy Spirit? I've seen this name/phrase on your site in a few places."
our A: The Holy Spirit is a real person who came to reside within Jesus Christ's true followers after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven (Acts 2). Jesus told His apostles...
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16-18)

The Holy Spirit is not a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force. He is a person equal in every way with God the Father and God the Son. He is considered to be the third member of the Godhead. Jesus said to His apostles...
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt. 28:18-20)

God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And all the divine attributes ascribed to the Father and the Son are equally ascribed to the Holy Spirit. When a person becomes born again by believing and receiving Jesus Christ (John 1:12-13; John 3:3-21), God resides in that person through the Holy Spirit (1Cor. 3:16). The Holy Spirit has intellect (1Cor. 2:11), emotion (Rom. 15:30), and will (1Cor. 12:11).

A primary role of the Holy Spirit is that He bears "witness" of Jesus Christ (John 15:26, 16:14). He tells people's hearts about the truth of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit also acts as a Christian's teacher (1Cor. 2:9-14). He reveals God's will and God's truth to a Christian. Jesus told His disciples...
"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)
"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

[b]How can one God be three persons?
[/b]http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t002.html

The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although skeptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos.

Both Old and New Testaments teach the Unity and the Trinity of theGodhead. The idea that there is only one God, who created all things, is repeatedly emphasized in such Scriptures as Isaiah 45:18:
“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; …I am the Lord; and there is none else.”

A New Testament example is James 2:19:
“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; thedevils also believe, and tremble.”
The three persons of the Godhead are, at the same time, noted in such Scriptures as Isaiah 48:16:
“I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.”
The speaker in this verse is obviously God, and yet He says He has been sent both by The Lord God (that is, the Father) and by His Spirit (that is, the Holy Spirit).

The New Testament doctrine of the Trinity is evident in such a verse asJohn 15:26, where the Lord Jesus said:
“But when the Comforter is come whom I will send unto you from the Father, He shall testify of me.”

Then there is the baptismal formula:
“baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 28:19).
One name (God) — yet three names!
JESUS — That Jesus, as the only-begotten Son of God, actually claimed to be God, equal with the Father, is clear from numerous Scriptures. For example, He said:
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:cool.
HOLY SPIRIT — Some cults falsely teach that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal divine influence of some kind, but the Bible teaches that He is a real person, just as are the Father and the Son. Jesus said:
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you things to come” (John 16:13).
TRI-UNITY — The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinity might be summarized thus. God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of theGodhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one. The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order. The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality.

Regarding the Bible verse….1 John 5:7 which says, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. The gist of what I said is that there are many Bible translations versions and not all say or read the same. I just posted a comment covering this subject of Bible translation versions.

It’s not only with theology but many subjects, beliefs, etc. many choose to hold to, whether adoration, tradition, habit, etc., it’s still one’s choice. History speaks for the earlier versions, as many world changers stood boldly on God’s word. The newer, modern translations have removed much and in fact changes to the gospel to another. Though, this topic of Bible versions is another study all on its own.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
SisterSister:

Yes, there is a definite difference between the translations. This is the very point and serious caution among the translations. When certain verses are put in footnotes, rearranged in away or completely removed, the understanding is tampered with.

The last two translations you noted are definite copyrighted translations.

As well, certain KJV's are now copyrighted, which is why it is best to try to stay with the earlier published versions instead of copyrighted versions. It is this very thing that moves many to believe this will contribute to the apostasy or falling away from the church of many. Many will believe they have the Gospel but in the copyrighted versions many of them have been watered down, words removed and the intent no longer the same. Thus, the real transformation from the living word that takes place, will not take place. Why? Because, man has changed the words so they can make money from the copyrighted versions.

Here is a copy of the same verse but from a version that was earlier published and it is in sync with the KJV:

"Who is he that ouercommeth the world, but he that beleeueth that Iesus is the Sonne of God? 6This is hee that came by water and blood, euen Iesus Christ, not by water onely, but by water and blood: and it is the Spirit that beareth witnesse, because the Spirit is trueth. 7For there are three that beare record in heauen, the Father, the Word, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that beare witnesse in earth, the Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood, and these three agree in one".
1 John 5:6-8 (KJV 1611) Viewing the original 1611 KJV with archaic English spelling.

Here is another version example:

Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. 21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Matthew 17:19-21 King James Version (KJV)

"Afterward the disciples asked Jesus privately, “Why couldn’t we cast out that demon?” 20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.[a]” Matthew 17:19-20 New Living Translation (NLT)

"Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” [21] [a] Matthew 17:19-21 New International Version (NIV)

***In the last two versions, verse 21 is not given. Many do not realize this and a very powerful message in verse 21 is missed.

My response is with regards to 1john 5:7. The translation you quoted in that regard is still one - KJV.

sistersister, I want to ask you; an older manuscript of the bible and a younger manuscript, which one do you think should be the more trusted?
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2015
BETATRON:
maybe you don't understand my question
I didn't say jesus rejected the gentiles...my question is why did He use the Word SENT if he is indeed god,who sent him?
You've actually answered the question "AS A FULFILLMENT OF PROPHECY" are you consciously of unconsciously calling christ a Prophet?

Wow...I've tried since yesterday to respond to this comment but the system was not allowing me. Maybe the posting was too much

I understand that you are not saying Jesus rejected the Gentiles but just taking a verse and ignoring the context and what is happening in that time is what leads to error. Jesus was sent, as scripture reads and there are certain things that are understood...one being the Godhead and positions. The fulfillment of prophecy is pertaining to the Canaanite woman who came to Jesus for the healing of her daughter. Some do say that Jesus Christ was a prophet but we, Christians, believe consciously and unconsciously Jesus is divine. Jesus is God.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2015
JMAN05:

My response is with regards to 1john 5:7. The translation you quoted in that regard is still one - KJV.

sistersister, I want to ask you; an older manuscript of the bible and a younger manuscript, which one do you think should be the more trusted?

My brother, if a manuscript is older but false, it's not good. If a manuscript is younger but false, it's still no good.

Original intent and what is true, is what matters most. There are thousands of manuscripts but is the witness true?

I think the "real deal", what God meant for us to have through his inspired word, is what should be trusted. The KJV has been available for years and through the reading of it, lives were visibly transformed permanently. God warns us of the last days and the many deceptions. A day will come when Bibles will be hard to come by and church as we know it will no longer exist.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by SisterSister(f): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2015
plappville:

Thank you very much. You made good points. Same reason Christians rejected Mohammad (SBUH) . The bible gave many reasons why Muhammad should be rejected. the last thin a Christian will do is embrace the lies in the Koran. We are in same shoes as the Jews. They hold on to the promises of God through prophets like Moses, Isaiah, Daniel, Jeremiah et . The Messiah will be a Man. A Jew. Not God himself. The comforter is the holy spirit Not a person (Muhammad). Christians should start thinking...and stop this God in three person dogma. It's indeed damaging just like you stated up there.

People may use it in a way not intended by God but it doesn't change God or his nature at all.
Re: See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong by BETATRON(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2015
SisterSister:

Wow...I've tried since yesterday to respond to this comment but the system was not allowing me. Maybe the posting was too much

I understand that you are not saying Jesus rejected the Gentiles but just taking a verse and ignoring the context and what is happening in that time is what leads to error. Jesus was sent, as scripture reads and there are certain things that are understood...one being the Godhead and positions. The fulfillment of prophecy is pertaining to the Canaanite woman who came to Jesus for the healing of her daughter. Some do say that Jesus Christ was a prophet but we, Christians, believe consciously and unconsciously Jesus is divine. Jesus is God.
I know what christians believe in.my question is their justification for believing in what they believe in...wisdom demands that you have a reason for what ever you believe in
Christ said in the holy bible " greater is he that sent me!!" What do you understand from this statement
And two have studied the history of the bible if you haven't please do..you will find there-in that the concept of trinity and the divinity of christ was actually brought centuries after christ "325AD" by emperor constantine the great who was a sun worshipper through out is life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Satan Ministry: How To Curse Your Enemies. / Winners Chapel (living Faith) Shiloh 2021 Thread: Everything You Need To Know / The Old Vs New Covenant - Revelation Of The New Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.