Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund (16332 Views)

Osinbajo, Ngige & Kachikwu Addressing Protesting NLC & TUC Members Today (Photos / NLC, TUC Kicks Off Protest In Lagos (photos) / Abia Government Commences Distribution Of Bailout Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by WILLYBABS(m): 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mynd44:
This is the same thing President Jonathan did close to the Ekiti and Osun elections. The cut down the allowance of the states and also held some of the money due to them hence they could not pay their workers or allow the government function properly.

It was even alleged that Governor Aregbesola has to take soft loans from Lagos and Rivers to offset worker's salary when the elections came close can Rivers or Akwa Ibom loan Kogi some cash? I can't say

Governor Idris Wada is going into an election in 21 days while owing workers between 2-8 months salaries. This means there are a lot of people who are angry at him and will possibly not vote for him because of that hence he is boxed in.

This is an unfortunate type of politics we are playing in Nigeria as the workers are the ones that suffer for it but then again, the question has to be asked that why has Kogi not been able to find other ways to finance the state?

Audu might look like the underdogs in the November 21st elections but no. Governor Idris Wada is really the underdog.
We didn't vote buhari to repeat Jonathan's mistakes....no point.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by coasta(m): 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
What do expect uncircumcised Buhari. The most corrupt and apostle of scam. Wetin keep Abacha go am soon if him no repent; I have prophesied...

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by uridadole: 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
gregg2:
What a wicked government. All in attempt to strangulate the current govt.
This Buhari government is the worst mistake Nigeria ever made
I never made any mistake. I'm proud I voted buhari. Assume u were an MD of a bank and a governor going for election such as we have come for lone. Tell me if u will gladlly grant it. Buhari and cbn are not fools. Give wada the money now and he will not regret loosing the election. The rest will be efcc cct etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Realberry:
Point of correction,Kogi is not a failed state..Shes just unfortunate to have failed leaders.
Don't mind these posters that talk from those anus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by uridadole: 12:00am On Nov 02, 2015
coasta:
What do expect uncircumcised Buhari. The most corrupt and apostle of scam. Wetin keep Abacha go am soon if him no repent; I have prophesied...
I just de pain u thins de take shape for naija
Wailer!
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Ruuhh(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2015
truth be told, wada never went back to apply after requesting for the fund, this is due to the laws governing collection of the fund. no application from kogi state government to claim the fund was traced either from CBN or DMO end,hence, wada is holding the state to ransom. PDP politicking on self pity since jona. wada is a natural failure, Audu is a necessary evil.God help kogites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by tajooks123: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2015
...member at last after one year observation. Glory b to God

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by tolux247(m): 12:25am On Nov 02, 2015
Remember dis Wada Donate 500 milion to GEJ during election an NLC n TUC Kogi State whre in the state.... When he could not pay salary over 18 month you na no go for 4hours strike.... na OYO u na dey

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by uridadole: 1:13am On Nov 02, 2015
denisbath:
undecided embarassed angry
Nigerians can now see the consequences of voting for a scam.(PMB and CO).
It gona be looooong 4 yrs under
DIRTY APC
Apc is not Goat! Pdp is never better
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by tuniski: 1:46am On Nov 02, 2015
henchamb:
CBN abeg dont give the crook of a governor the bailout funds.
If you do pdp will use the money to campaign
after the elections the governor win or lose will still be the one to receive the funds. However, it is obvious to kogites that the apc/buhari are using their lives to play politics. It is not bailout fund it is actually peoples lives!!! Anyone asking that workers and others not be paid to score cheap political point should be ready to face rejection!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by tuniski: 1:48am On Nov 02, 2015
tolux247:
Remember dis Wada Donate 500 milion to GEJ during election an NLC n TUC Kogi State whre in the state.... When he could not pay salary over 18 month you na no go for 4hours strike.... na OYO u na dey
50m each was the governors contribution to their party. That is totally in order.

3 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by ODUBEZE: 4:30am On Nov 02, 2015
Meet PMB the originator of your change mantra who is for ALL and not for one!
If he criticizes the APC states the way he does PDP there wouldn't have being a problem!
The bail out fund was meant for ALL facing financial crises to settle their workers according to PMB and if you are really concern for the workers while with hold their pay?
Either he likes it or not Nigeria cannot be a one state party system.
It was an experiment tried by OBJ and it has failed! Nigerians are wiser now.

3 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by ODUBEZE: 4:38am On Nov 02, 2015
tolux247:
What about the ones Amaechi, Aregbesola, Okorocha and co donated to PMB? Did that stop them from getting the bail out fund?
Let us stop this blame game and insist on the right thing. Whatever that is good for the goose should also be good for the gander!
We all support these politicians at the detriment of the masses!
PMB called it bail out fund and that is what it should be after all its not free, the state is paying back!
If Wada collects and use it for another means, let his state hold him accountable just as they did in OSUN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by demarc001: 5:18am On Nov 02, 2015
Another APC scam!

2 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by abdulkabirO(m): 5:19am On Nov 02, 2015
kaboninc:

Myndd the funny guy!

How can you say that President Jonathan cut down the allowances of states and held some money due to them? Please you are better informed than this na. These states had planned their budget on the expectations of revenues most especially the federal allocation that comes to them. In the course of planing, they did not envisage that the price of crude oil will drop and neither did they even have a back up plan. So they took huge loans from banks and other financial agencies (most especially the international ones who were even eager to give) for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, the bubble bursted and revenue substantially reduced. All these creditor had an agreement that there will be a standing deduction at source whenever the allocations due to these states comes in. The collateral for these loans were their monthly allocation. The bank is not a charity but in for business and the loans they give are not owned by them but customers. As the allocation comes in, the deductions are made and whatever is left becomes the property of the state. So the smaller the revenue that accrues, the smaller the balance and it becomes difficult for government to function.

So please Myndd, keep political sentiments aside and be objective.....for once. President Jonathan did not act like President Obasanjo who withheld the allocations of Local Governments of a particular state.

what of other states ,u better keep shut if u have got nothing meaningful to say,the state at which osun is now was caused by the bad agenda and hatred Jonathan had for osun,
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 02, 2015
I think the Kogi people are treating this thing with kids gloves. They should deal severely with anything apc in that state; damage their properties and torment their family members... that way, the stupid president would release their money by force.
This is not about whether GEJ did it or not, it is SIMPLY NOT RIGHT.
You release bail out money to other apc states and refuse to release to PDP States, such wickedness.
Oh! GEJ should have empowered the PDP to strangulate the opposition if he knew buhari would turn out this bad. A terrible monster he is really.
Anyone that supports this evil metted out to the people of Kogi State is a BASTARD and I wish them death before the end of this year.
Arrant Nonsense

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by OLUJAY4REAL: 5:31am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:
This is the same thing President Jonathan did close to the Ekiti and Osun elections. The cut down the allowance of the states and also held some of the money due to them hence they could not pay their workers or allow the government function properly.

It was even alleged that Governor Aregbesola has to take soft loans from Lagos and Rivers to offset worker's salary when the elections came close can Rivers or Akwa Ibom loan Kogi some cash? I can't say

Governor Idris Wada is going into an election in 21 days while owing workers between 2-8 months salaries. This means there are a lot of people who are angry at him and will possibly not vote for him because of that hence he is boxed in.

This is an unfortunate type of politics we are playing in Nigeria as the workers are the ones that suffer for it but then again, the question has to be asked that why has Kogi not been able to find other ways to finance the state?

Audu might look like the underdogs in the November 21st elections but no. Governor Idris Wada is really the underdog.

Pls stop propagating propaganda. GEJ did not cut or withold Osun State money @ any time. GMB even confirmed this on resumption to office as the president. Aregbe is a fr***star
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 02, 2015
uridadole:

I never made any mistake. I'm proud I voted buhari. Assume u were an MD of a bank and a governor going for election such as we have come for lone. Tell me if u will gladlly grant it. Buhari and cbn are not fools. Give wada the money now and he will not regret loosing the election. The rest will be efcc cct etc

Let's think well for once,
Do you know the number of people that would die of poverty, lack of medical supplies, no Doctors/Nurses, starvation, increase in crime, etc as a result of this strangulation buhari is doing to the Kogi People?
Don't worry, this same evil will soon befall you and your family members and when it starts, don't go searching for answers.
Karma is a biiitchh
Such evil minded people in apc GOSH! I wish you all death.
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by walozanga(m): 5:43am On Nov 02, 2015
kaboninc:

Myndd the funny guy!

How can you say that President Jonathan cut down the allowances of states and held some money due to them? Please you are better informed than this na. These states had planned their budget on the expectations of revenues most especially the federal allocation that comes to them. In the course of planing, they did not envisage that the price of crude oil will drop and neither did they even have a back up plan. So they took huge loans from banks and other financial agencies (most especially the international ones who were even eager to give) for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, the bubble bursted and revenue substantially reduced. All these creditor had an agreement that there will be a standing deduction at source whenever the allocations due to these states comes in. The collateral for these loans were their monthly allocation. The bank is not a charity but in for business and the loans they give are not owned by them but customers. As the allocation comes in, the deductions are made and whatever is left becomes the property of the state. So the smaller the revenue that accrues, the smaller the balance and it becomes difficult for government to function.

So please Myndd, keep political sentiments aside and be objective.....for once. President Jonathan did not act like President Obasanjo who withheld the allocations of Local Governments of a particular state.

My broda no mind the idio..t
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by HzRF(m): 5:48am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:

You are the one being funny here. How come Governor Fayose took over late last year and yet he was the one who received the 2 billion ecological funds and the refunds for the federal roads fixed under governor Fayemi?
http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/fayose-admits-hes-in-custody-of-n2b-ecological-fund/

Why is it that Osun state never got refunds for federal roads fixed but Ekiti got theirs?

U mean uncompleted roads

Am in the state so I know more than d chichanery been sold in the media

1 Like

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by HzRF(m): 5:51am On Nov 02, 2015
egift:
Any money given to Wada will be looted. Idris Wada has spent the last 4yrs mismanaging Kogi - any money you give him now will be spent in funding his rigging schemes and will not be used in paying salaries which he refused to pay. This debt is not inherited from another administration - it is his legacy, not paying the workers.
Paid career praise singer

Aregberascal of my state is yet to touch the bail out yet ur body odour President is yet to use his influence to make him pay

2 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by obaiyan: 5:54am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:

You are the one being funny here. How come Governor Fayose took over late last year and yet he was the one who received the 2 billion ecological funds and the refunds for the federal roads fixed under governor Fayemi?
http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/fayose-admits-hes-in-custody-of-n2b-ecological-fund/

Why is it that Osun state never got refunds for federal roads fixed but Ekiti got theirs?

please tell me any road in osun that ogbeni started or completed, that deserve payment by Fg. all d road in ekiti that fg paid for was completed by fayemi. fg cant pay for work in progress project
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by walozanga(m): 5:54am On Nov 02, 2015
This is one reason I said buhari is a f**l. U called it bail out fund, so some states are better be bailed out than others.
try to score some useless political point at the detriment of the masses

2 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 02, 2015
flokii:
abeg send in d military to teach dem lesson...

no time for nonsense

Send in the Military to force people to work without pay? Is that the new way now on this your smelly change mantra?
Don't worry, the Military would soon come to kick buhari out, let him continue.
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by eph12(m): 5:57am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:

After carefully reading your comment over and over again I realized that not once did you condemn PMB for this. That PDP did it means APC should do it too? The change is getting clearer.
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Owliver(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2015
Change is here
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by StepTwo: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2015
Realberry:
Point of correction,Kogi is not a failed state..Shes just unfortunate to have failed leaders.

I tot failed leadership also leads a failed state.
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by Ndeewonu: 6:56am On Nov 02, 2015
Mynd44:

If this is exactly what Jonathan did, then, WHERE IS THE CHANGED NIGERIANS BOUGHT? Are you telling us that Change amounts to nothing but noise and deceit?

Today, armed robbery, kidnapping, ritual killing, agberoism have all resurfaced in Lagos, which was never so during the time of Jonathan. It was in 2000 and 2006 (OBJ/Tinubu era) that we saw something close to this. And someone is chanting and dancing change, change!!!

Shame on a change that offers Nigerians nothing!
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by DrHighchief(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2015
I concur
henchamb:
CBN abeg dont give the crook of a governor the bailout funds.
If you do pdp will use the money to campaign
Re: NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund by bashydemy(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2015
denisbath:
undecided embarassed angry
Nigerians can now see the consequences of voting for a scam.(PMB and CO).
It gona be looooong 4 yrs under
DIRTY APC
hahha sorry no consequence and we will vote PMB again and again..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia North: Traditional Ruler Invokes Death On Kalu’s Detractors / Lagos Police Arrest Fraud Syndicate (Picture) / Sanwo-olu To Participate In Ajegunle Community Football Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.