Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (59298 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader. Accused Of Betraying d Struggle-Vanguard / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
ALISMILE:
while u re in ur in d comfort of ur parlour, abi?

You never can tell where I am, buť like I told you...I am doing what I can.....be rest assured
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Dragonking: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
ALISMILE:
while u re in ur in d comfort of ur parlour, abi?
no_mind_that_one...na_abuja_im_dey_type_all_this_nonsense.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by emmyking1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na
u sick in d head
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by sleeknick: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

But I never tried to stop you from doing what you want, so why is mine different since you hate me so much....
Nwanne u are high! Gerara hia meeehn! Shhhhhiiiii
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by XBLadez: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool You need more than self determination to Balkanize Nigeria. Nothing short of a full blown war, that you MUST win, will give you even the mere 5 Eastern States. And the timing of your agitation is another problem. If you had done this (the whole brouhaha intensity) during GEJ administration, then many Nigerians would not see your agitation as a by-product of a failed presidential campaign. However, whether its true or not, MOST Nigerians see this as naked political.
Shame on you, Sukkot. Why hide under this ID? Coward

2 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by tajooks123: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
bugzbunny:
Its not only one Cos dats hw all ur generation will end up.. Only this time... For nothing Bloody corpse frm d wasteland
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by oshe11: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
ragiluhivo:
Nnewi – One person was shot dead while commercial and other activities were Friday grounded in Onitsha the commercial city of Anambra state and its environs by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB who were protesting the continued detention of their leader Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

Vehicular movements were also disrupted along the Onitsha Enugu Expressway, Onitsha Owerri Road, Uga Atani Ogaru Local Government Road, Onitsha Aguleri, Nsugbe, Nkwelle Ezunaka Roads, Old and New Market Roads, Nkpor, Ogidi, Obosi Roads, thereby causing traffic gridlocks on all the roads within and outside Onitsha.

Markets in Onitsha and its environs were all shot between 7am to about 2.30pm when some traders were seen loitering around their markets to see if they will be allowed to open, while some decided to go home for the day as they were also afraid that they may be attacked.

Although the Anambra State Government had announced through the market leaders who also exchanged text messages to ensure that their markets were open but the traders seemed to be unwilling to go to their markets as most of them who normally leave in the morning for their markets were sighted on their streets discussing the protest which IPOB declared earlier in the week they will embark on.

Onitsha Main Market, Ochanja Central Market Onitsha, New Tire Market Nkpor, New Auto Spare Parts Market Nkpor, Building Materials Market Ogidi, Ugwuagba Market Obosi, Electronics Market Onitsha, Bridge Head Market Onitsha that has over 21 markets attached to it and other small markets in and outside Onitsha, were all shut down.

Even shop along the streets of Onitsha, and its environs, including Awka Road, New Market Road, Old Market Road, Oguta Road, Limca Road, Iweka Road and Modebe Road, DSokoto Road and Haruna Street lock up shops were also seen under lock and keys.

The IPOB members numbering over 30,000 were earlier seen gathered at Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu Statue by Niger Bridge Head, also known as Odumegwu Ojukwu Gateway, Niger Bridge Head Onitsha chanting and dancing Pro Ojukwu and Biafran songs, from where they marched peacefully to down to Upper Iweka Flyover.

They were seen marching from Upper Iweka Flyover to Onitsha Owerri Road, to Nkpor Junction, Ochanja Central Market, Onitsha Main Market, Old and New Market Roads Onitsha, chanting anti Federal Government, Police, Army and Navy songs, demanding the release of Mr. Kanu, whom they said is being incarcerated for over three weeks now, and the continued arrest and detention of their members and actualization of Biafra activists.

There was unusual presence of the police on the major roads and streets of Onitsha, but their presence did not deter the protesting IPOB members who were also cautious of the behavior of their members to the road users and petty traders who wanted to cash in on the closure of markets and big stores and shops to do brisk business.

IPOB members who wanted to be unruly on the road users were promptly shouted on and cautioned by their leaders to behave well, that molestation and dispossessing people of their property and goods, looting of people’s shops and property was not part of their agenda.

The protest was largely peaceful as there were no information of any clash between the Police and the protesting IPOB members, until around 2.30 pm when Vanguard gathered that one person was shot at the Ochanja Roundabout by the police.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/one-killed-as-ipob-members-protest-in-onitsha/

CC: lalasticlala
is he stl ALIVE?....... Tot it was reported dat He sed he wud nt eat any food yl In Prison....... And for d doctors , hw many days does it teks to DIE of Starvationi? #JUSTASKING #DNTBASHME
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
XBLadez:

Shame on you, Sukkot. Why hide under this ID? Coward

This one na Yaba left patient o!
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
It wasn't the police that shot. It was the Security Men there. Am in Onitsha now and a tenant in the compound I stay participated in the protest which was quite peaceful.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by hulega(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
freshness2020:
I am Igbo.
I don't believe in war.
I believe in cordial negotiations.
War can never be the solution, but are my people ready for this!
Those people chanting war already have their kids and relatives abroad then making the poor masses their foot soldiers.
Say no to Bigotry...
Your history is rusty.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
ShakurM:
As many as possible, these people are now labelling themselves potential threats just like the BokoHaram! A country can't give in to breaking up anyhow.

Are you more refined than britain which recently organized a referendum for breakaway of scotland?

Only in African will a group of pple try to annihilate another group bcus they want to part ways with them. You can't force pple to be with u if they don't want to, it's called slavery.

This poor mentality of a black man which you exhibit in your post is one of the reasons blacks are called Monkeys .

8 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Our5k(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

Poeple are doing what they can...is that not enough for you
You didn't get my question. Is Anambra the only state agitating for Biafra?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool You need more than self determination to Balkanize Nigeria. Nothing short of a full blown war, that you MUST win, will give you even the mere 5 Eastern States. And the timing of your agitation is another problem. If you had done this (the whole brouhaha intensity) during GEJ administration, then many Nigerians would not see your agitation as a by-product of a failed presidential campaign. However, whether its true or not, MOST Nigerians see this as naked political.

Ok..l hear your sermon..preacher!

Sorry you just realized IPOB has been around...they only made one mistake, which is coming to serve it to you as breakfast....but they are correcting it now..

Hope its ok?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by adjoviomole(m): 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mobskat:

Nonsense Yourba Sense

EWU IBERIBE. Anumanu, Mpki ohia

Can u read what I wrote b4 u spill ur hatred. Adie abolorun oshi!
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
basilo101:

why exclude those places? isnt it the result of the referandum dat will decide where to include and where to exclude?
i dont know much about River state but i know no part of Bendel or Delta has ever been in Eastern Region so why should they join Biafra?.

because POLAND HAS LANGUAGE OR ETHNIC SIMILARITY WITH RUSSIA DOES NOT MAKE IT RUSSIA. In the case of Niger Delta vs Biafra, u guys are emphasizing more on similarity than the real identity.

You people claim as far as Igara, some parts of benue and Kogi. what for? Is it a crime to share similarity with neighbor?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ibe9ja: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
denco4:
Someone is outside the country using radio to control people. Why can't he come and join u guys to protest. Be guided

The foool came back to naija recently and has been arrested. He is now cooling off in kiri-kiri
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Our5k:

You didn't get my question. Is Anambra the only state agitating for Biafra?

Is Nairaland Anambara?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by XBLadez: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
FisifunKododada:

This one na Yaba left patient o!
Mumu! Keep denying yourself. See when the coward registered this account

Send E-Mail Message To FisifunKododada

Time registered: November 03, 2015

Time spent online: 9 hours & 34 minutes

View FisifunKododada's posts (44)

Sections Most Active In: Politics, Romance, Culture

2 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ShakurM(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

But, since it actually not eggs you are dealing with but ýour fellow humanbeings...

Remember, Islam is a religion of peace!

So are you gonna kill em?
I am a different breed, you see, Islam is a religion of peace if you are a peaceful person, Islam is not a violent or a peaceful religion all in all.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by gigabyte13: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
Abeg na wen IPOB go come protest for Abuja and Lagos? Until they do this, l dont bliv in IPOB.

Biafrats the only online country with online citizen but no president.

2 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Are you more refined than britain which recently organized a referendum for breakaway of scotland?

Only in African will a group of pple try to annihilate another group bcus they want to part ways with them. You can't force pple to be with u if they don't want to, it's called slavery.

This poor mentality of a black man which you exhibit in your post is one of the reasons blacks are called Monkeys .

Not ONLY Africa. Every great country does not allow such nonsense. America would not allow it. America fought a very bloody civil war to keep the South. We thought after the Igbos were decimated in the 60s that they have learnt their lessons. Alas they still want to die. If you want war, we will supply you. Gaskiya Insha Allah.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
ShakurM:
I am a different breed, you see, Islam is a religion of peace if you are a peaceful person, Islam is not a violent or a peaceful religion all in all.

So you are a breed that kill ppl they don'ť like?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by chinachukwu(m): 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Killing of innocent soul by nigeria police is getting out of hand.............
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
PDPwayoo:

i dont know much about River state but i know no part of Bendel or Delta has ever been in Eastern Region so why should they join Biafra?.

because POLAND HAS LANGUAGE OR ETHNIC SIMILARITY WITH RUSSIA DOES NOT MAKE IT RUSSIA. In the case of Niger Delta vs Biafra, u guys are emphasizing more on similarity than the real identity.

You people claim as far as Igara, some parts of benue and Kogi. what for? Is it a crime to share similarity with neighbor?

Why all this gibberish? A referendum will determine who is with biafra and who isn't , unlike Nigeria where different group of pple were force to be together by a white man , without the consent of the pple.

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by XBLadez: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
[s]
FisifunKododada:

Not ONLY Africa. Every great country does not allow such nonsense. America would not allow it. America fought a very bloody civil war to keep the South. We thought after the Igbos were decimated in the 60s that they have learnt their lessons. Alas they still want to die. If you want war, we will supply you. Gaskiya Insha Allah.
[/s]
You're nothing but a keyboard warrior. In real life, you're probably a saint. Coward!

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ACM10: 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
-Ralph W. Sockman -

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by frenchboy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Here is nt america or europe where police wil be us ing water to drive pple away,here is african where police no send.....if u are shot u o.y.o
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
FisifunKododada:

Go and solve the boko haram menace that is ravaging your land first.

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Ghost01(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
In saner climes, the government would be planning to conduct a referendum on the issue of Biafra by now. But not in Nigeria(or is it Zoogeria?).

To the IPOB, continue with your struggle; it can be achieved!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Why all this gibberish? A referendum will determine who is with biafra and who isn't , unlike Nigeria where different group of pple were force to be together by a white man , without the consent of the pple.

the referendum for Biafra should be on 5 core states of igbo. Referendum in Niger delta is also welcome for another country not Biafra. Delta man is too big and proud to be subjected to igbo ideology.

We can not take it. It is either one Nigeria or we go with our brothers in Edo to anywhere we find ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by iconize(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bossforeva:
It wasn't the police that shot. It was the Security Men there. Am in Onitsha now and a tenant in the compound I stay participated in the protest which was quite peaceful.

Security men where? I don't get it.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ShakurM(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

So you are a breed that kill ppl they don'ť like?

why you dey talk like this, what If I told you I'm a Christian, would this your reasoning change?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Incharge Of Kuje Prison Were Removed 24 Hours Before Attack – Vanguard / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure / Peter Obi Meets Chioma, The Young Obidient Girl Who Went Viral At Delta Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.