Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (59296 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader. Accused Of Betraying d Struggle-Vanguard / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by koladebrainiac(m): 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
hmmm

all i see are the hungry folks here..

till i see one or two prominent lawyers ,then i will support this hunger games protest.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by austinbrown: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
ShakurM:
..The Biafra dream is a nightmare! Wake the fvck up, the only ibos clamouring 4 Biafra are the unreasonable and weak ones at the end of the day , have you ever asked yourself why you worry about Biafra nation? undecided

Biafra is a joke! A bad joke angry
abubakar shacow how is it ur business?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
moscow37d:

Are you sure that you are a child.....or an elder in a child's body?

4. The major driving force of Biafra is the igboland, but the Biafran map includes states like Cross river, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state. This makes Biafra a culturally diverse state. I am igbo and i currently live in Akwa Ibom state, and we share no similarity in custom or language. How then can we live together as "one Biafra" when we can't tolerate the cultural diversity of Nigeria.

5. The Igbo tribe would become the majority tribe in Biafra, while the others who constitute the oil producing states hence the 'rich boys' would become minority. "How can the wealth most especially that from oil be distributed, when the majority is in power and the minority have the resource?"
So therefore, a time may come when the "minority" may decide to be free, because no man wants to live in another man's shadow.

6. Igbos are generally regarded as traders, and the lifeblood of their markets like Onitsha Main market and Ariaria international market is found in Lagos seaport where most of the goods come from. In Biafra, Lagos becomes another country hence tax and import/ export levies would increase drastically and logistics would become more difficult.
The other option is to trade via the Calabar Port, Delta Port or Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne. These ports are only found in the non-igbo states, hence another potential challenge.

7. What happens to Biafrans that have their livelihood rooted deeply in non biafran states? What happens to the igbos that constitute the majority of Alaba international market?
Would naturalization take place or would they liquidate assets and return to Biafra and start afresh?

8. Finally, the question of rulership. Who rules Biafra?
Currently, most Igbo people especially those in Abia and Imo state are dissatisfied with the condition of their states. They complain of bad government, massive looting, poor infrastructures etc, and they are currently ruled by Igbo governors.
If Biafra is formed who would rule then?
I believe it would be the same people that they complain of, and as you can see the cycle of pain and complaints would continue.

Problems are fixed by inward reflections not outward projections and blame shifting.

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, FOR A CHILD WHO DID NOT SEE THE WAR HAS SPOKEN

These points are the best.

Personally, I support people's right to self determination, inasmuch as I believe in one Nigeria....but when the driving force of that self determination is all about how money is shared, and when the consequences are not sorted out.....

I like your points 4 and 5 in particular. So....we split up...and meet the problems that prompted our splitting up?

IMO.....Nigerians should learn what development is, should agitate for good governance, and then when we are properly developed....we can split as much as we want.

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Rutycool:
Hmmmm I fear for dis ZOO na so e dey take start.
cool
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by saintfizzo(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by azzima(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ojukwu statue, the same Ojukwu they refused to vote for?by the way,I thought they said they "own" Lagos. Why didn't they come and protest in Lagos nau??That's when Agberos and Omoniles will finish their flat heads.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kozmokaz(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na
u go soon make am two
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
I support this balkanization. .....
kudos biafrans and ipob
if ipod could be discovered and achieved upon all the trials and failures, I believe ipob will be achieved in no due time.
make we manage awa resources and determine our future, not being drag behind by people who are allergic to progress and modernization.
how can a region determine where we shud be when countries are celebrating 10yrs uninterrupted power supply we r still on d drawing board studying roadmaps and blue prints.

14 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by koladebrainiac(m): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
it will be funny to see any southern nigerianj oining hands together to form IpOb
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
ShakurM:
..The Biafra dream is a nightmare! Wake the fvck up, the only ibos clamouring 4 Biafra are the unreasonable and weak ones at the end of the day , have you ever asked yourself why you worry about Biafra nation? undecided

I am a changed man now, if not I would have.....

But come to think of it, why do you like the IPOB so much that you are ready to lose your life to keep them?

Pls enlighten me, cos maybe I misunderstood you...

8 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Lobolintin(m): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bia oga BUbU do something ooo
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Obynolee(f): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na

You reason through anus if not you would have realized that this boko haram that we are calling on the international community to come to our aid started just like this (police killing innocent and harmless citizens ).
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jesumed:
I thought it was ''GEJ till 2019'' before. So this Biafra agitation came up all of a sudden because you guys couldn't come to terms with the fact that GEJ lost?? Na wa o

FYI, Radio Biafra had began operation since 2009. Such sophisticated outfit cannot be built overnight.

See comments that proved that the agitation was strong as ever in 2011: https://www.nairaland.com/597402/northern-army-brigade-established-igboland

2012: https://www.nairaland.com/1094433/igbos-support-against-creation-biafra

It was even under GEJ administration that some Biafra agitators tried to seize a radio station in Enugu. PMB regime has nothing to do with the struggle; it only fueled it the more.

So, stop spreading falsehood and misinformation because you dread to be left alone.

7 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ShakurM(m): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
londongal03:
Mumu
you too you have joined them?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by nikkiking(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
When the hunters became meat for the bush meat.

Police be showcasing their talents on harmless nigerians.........Sorry IPOB protesters since 2015.

They no see leg to shot him na point and kill them sabi.

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Thunderlicious: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
Please what is Biafra? Is it a name of another terrorist group like boko haram and ISIS?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by basilo101: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
seems like the protest was covered by international media. there is a white man covering the protest in one of the pictures circulating online

12 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by coasta(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
This is the year of Jubilee, according to God's calendar. The Biafra Nation must be set free.

16 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kozmokaz(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
ShakurM:

I hope u know u are reasoning from ur anus?

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by homirefacuny(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mobskat:
No Problem When fight start abi na sugar cane go beat me? cheesy. I no Go mercy For una Yiurba and Hausa Useless set Of Poor Brains
Haha

4 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
texazzpete:
People that claim they have a right to peaceful protest are forcibly preventing traders from opening shops.

Hypocrisy of IPOB
u

Does your father have a shop in nkpor market that was forcibly locked?

14 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Mobskat(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
adjoviomole:
I wld not love to see nigeria break. But I know killing of innocents will not and shld not be tolerated.

Dis lil protest dat we as nigerians are ignoring, hmmmmmm! Gradually d fire is burning, d govmnt should act fast b4 it bcoms a widespread fire. They should release all those arrested and a proper hearing should b made with biafrans and everythn should b sttled amicably. Buhari tink twice, u cannot fight multiple battles @ d same time.

May God bless nigeria. We are one. I am proudly a yoruba but I love my igbo and hausa brothers. We are one.

There's a sound across the nation
It's a call so clear and strong
It's a call to build our nation
It's a call for everyone
Everyone who is Nigerian
Hear the sound so clear and loud
It's a call for transformation
And the time for change is NOW
Though our tribe and tongue may differ
We are still one and the same
With one hope, one heart, one future
With one cry, one love, one name
We have the power to change Nigeria
We alone can set us free
But it starts with transformation
Yes it starts with you and me
Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before
We have had our share of battles
We have moan our days of pain
But through it all, we've stayed together
In our hearts, our hopes, we made
We believe we can better
We can reach our destiny
Only when we are transformed
Can we reach our destiny
Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before.

Nonsense Yourba Sense

EWU IBERIBE. Anumanu, Mpki ohia

6 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
homirefacuny:

Haha

Poor Yorobbers.

10 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Enesi47: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
Trut:
The zoo police always act in a barbaric way.
I will never believe in all this nonsense until I see you people's burning your zoo international passport, voters card and national Identity card, useless people's

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Kyase(m): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
kozmokaz:
u go soon make am two
Lol u badt ooooo
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Mobskat(m): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
homirefacuny:
Haha
No wonder Is called the Zoo Just Look at Yoruba and Hausa Face :v
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
PDPwayoo:

dont worry. when the war starts, ur father leave ur mother and go to war front. Your mother and sister will be raped by military of both sides. Your relatives will become refugee as a compulsory consequence of war.

THEN WHAT WILL BE YOUR PROFIT. HAUSA MAN BEING PRESIDENT DO NOT PREVENT YOU OR YOUR GOVERNORS TO GIVE YOUR PEOPLE BETTER LIFE.
Igbo politicians are the richest yet no roads and infrastructure in the east. The city of Aba, Aro, Agulere has been dated back to 300 years of existence yet no development sign.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD FIRST OF ALL FIND SOLUTION TO WHY THOUSANDS OF BUSES LEAVE EAST EVERYDAY AND TEN RETURN. Less than 10% of educated, wealthy igbo population live outside the so called Biafra.

YOU PEOPLE FAILED FOR ABANDONING YOUR CITIES. BIAFRA + ISRAELI FLAG CAN NOT BRING DEVELOPMENT TO ABA OR AGULERE ETC.
If you love your motherland, take revolution to various govt. houses and sack all criminal politicians.

Brotheř don't sound like this to me, I am a changed man now...check my histroy ohh...

Yes I agree with all you point, but maintian that depite your sweetness I need to leave, pls whats wrong with that.....or if you like me so much that you can kill me to keep me...l am just confuse about the whole thing.....I don't even know what I am typing seff.

3 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by raywise17(m): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
freshness2020:
Hmm
why is it dat any ftc always hmm and go away...anyway i'm a biafran supporter but if shedding of blood is involved i'm not among.

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thunderlicious:
Please what is Biafra? Is it a name of another terrorist group like boko haram and ISIS?

No, it is the name of the man that dumped your mother!

10 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Kyase(m): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
kraftsta:

U have actually sold ur soul to d devil...I pray for d redemption of ur lost soul.
Please don't
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Thunderlicious: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
Obynolee:

You reason through anus if not you would have realized that this boko haram that we are calling on the international community to come to our aid started just like this (police killing innocent and harmless citizens ).

How is a group of terrorist innocent and harmless? Are u high on some biafran weed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Incharge Of Kuje Prison Were Removed 24 Hours Before Attack – Vanguard / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure / Peter Obi Meets Chioma, The Young Obidient Girl Who Went Viral At Delta Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.