Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (59295 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader. Accused Of Betraying d Struggle-Vanguard / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / JTF Kill 9 IPOB Members In Onitsha - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by sleeknick: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

Tipical zoo mentality.. in Fela's voice...surfering and smiling!
Mazi okafor....pls go back to drinking ur palmy.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ifeanyi83(m): 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Look at their faces, you will see they are all jobless folks. I wonder when these people will start reasoning with their heads. The folks that call for these protests should go and bring their children. Such arrant nonsense.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by sademola: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mekus68:

Hahahahaha
U dey fear.
Dont worry ok
We will soon break away and leave the zoo country for u and ur fulani slave masters.

.....and u will apply for asylum to stay the 'zoo' country when you guys start fighting each other like South Sudan
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
blazetitov:
Incomplete report by the Vanguard newspaper. All these protests will amount to nothing. People should get busy instead of engaging in a fruitless protest that could lead to them losing their lives. undecided undecided undecided

Anybody that dies during this kind of ill advised protest is on his or her own. Nigeria will continue to exist.
People died during your ill-advised OCCUPY NIGERIA protests. People will always die. The more they kill us, the more we increase in numbers. Biafra must be restored. Death to the Zoo....

The Zoo must fall!

6 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by basileze: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
You are only attracted to Biafran crude oil. But will not appoint them into political office or repair their roads.
Crude oil is the only reason you will not allow their independent. Treat them like other tribes and they will be happy to stay in Nigeria.

Guk:

You have just confirmed that it's irresistible whilst yours is not.

Once you make your Biafra an attraction, there will be a natural "pull" attraction to it by indigenes and non indigenes but at the moment it's unattractive.

As for buying up other people's backyards, pls buy more so that more IGR can realised out of you whilst your own Biafra continues to experience low IGR as it remains unattractive.

As long as Igbos do not show love to their land and themselves, self determination is just an excuse for acts of brigandary
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Can someone please explain the meaning of all these blabbing n jabbing........on biafra.. I really want to know before I comment....pleaseeeeeeee...No abuse
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
cool Are these the IPOB Youths we have been hearing about? They look hungry and famished. These ones won't last 2 hours on the battlefield. Gaskiya!
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kraftsta(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:

Please don't

Really?
Now I know u urgently need Deliverance
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Kyase(m): 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
kozmokaz:
lol.... sorry bro ... never knew it was u
Na me cause am
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
[size=15pt]o boy eeh cheesy.

But the moment this thing gets violent, the ipob will become victimized and termed a criminal group making all the leaders too criminal. Do peaceful protests and let it be that way.

Buhari would not allow this separation in his time.
[/size]
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
sleeknick:

Mazi okafor....pls go back to drinking ur palmy.

I will be glad if you allow me
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Kyase(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
missKiffy:

You are wicked o cheesy
No na
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
cool NLs here is the reality:

If the Igbos truly has what it takes to take on the FULL FORCE of the Nigerian Military then they won't be doing a peaceful protest but they would declare war. What we are seeing now is the futile ranting of a defeated minority - aka Igbos.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by sleeknick: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

I will be glad if you allow me
Who hold u? And u even dey abuja sef.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Holyman3(m): 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
The Aboki President will definitely regret this thing that is gradually coming to life.

He was warned about arresting Kanu.
Now he can see people are ready to die for him.

It's a matter of time before United Nations wades in and calls for referendum. Only then will he know that the desert has no oil.

4 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
cool Until the Igbos declare war, I will never take them seriously. For now, I just enjoy the comedy that is Biafra.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
FisifunKododada:
cool NLs here is the reality:

If the Igbos truly has what it takes to take on the FULL FORCE of the Nigerian Military then they won't be doing a peaceful protest but they would declare war. What we are seeing now is the futile ranting of a defeated minority - aka Igbos.

You are right, yes they don't have Arms' if thats what you mean, but they have self determination...if that is not ok, I wonder what you want.....

4 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by kozmokaz(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Na me cause am
lol... thanks fr understanding
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
I notice dt it was wen buhari took over d affairs of dis country dt dis miscreant intensifies thier agitation for d restoration of biafra|

bt i wnt u guys to knw dt biafra is nt negotiatable under buhari as president becos e fought for d oneness of nigeria where effiong formally anounced dt biafra seize to exist and dt dey av realign them self back to nigeria|

even plea bargain will nt b consider one nigeria till eternity|if presidency is d pblem of biafrans we will give dt to dem|
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Holyman3(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
koladebrainiac:
hmmm

all i see are the hungry folks here..

till i see one or two prominent lawyers ,then i will support this hunger games protest.

The way Falana operates with OPC.
Animal
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Dragonking: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
FisifunKododada:
cool Until the Igbos declare war, I will never take them seriously. For now, I just enjoy the comedy that is Biafra.
do_you_think_war_is_childs_play?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Dubem13: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
Just one? Why na
all your family members will be wiped out just in a day, hopeless animal
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by ALISMILE(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:
Every reasonable Igbo person should wake up and lend his surport to IPOB youth now in any way he can to encourage those who are willing to risk there lives to actualize this life long truth to continue this fight.
As for me I shall continue to credit their account monthly.
My tithe is to the IPOB!!

Pls, Stay off my mention if you are not IGBO!
while u re in ur in d comfort of ur parlour, abi?
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Fundango: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
omoelesa:
When will biafra materialize sef?50 years,100 years or another republic on the internet.
5,000 years.But if their struggles is peaceful it will be less than two years.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
sleeknick:

Who hold u? And u even dey abuja sef.

But I never tried to stop you from doing what you want, so why is mine different since you hate me so much....
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by louiscol: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
blazetitov:
Incomplete report by the Vanguard newspaper. All these protests will amount to nothing. People should get busy instead of engaging in a fruitless protest that could lead to them losing their lives. undecided undecided undecided

Anybody that dies during this kind of ill advised protest is on his or her own. Nigeria will continue to exist.
We are ever ready to die Biafra or no peace
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by gigabyte13: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
The truth is bitter sha but
Guy, d biafratsss no go like this your sermon oooo, dem fit send Amadioha to u ooooo or dem go call u "YOOLOOBBAAA"

moscow37d:
So recent Biafran protests have got me thinking, but I have been skeptical about airing my views because of perceived reactions.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE PERSONAL VIEWS, AND I, IN NO WAY CLAIM SUPREMACY OF KNOWLEDGE. FOR THE "GREYS" WHO THINK I AM TOO YOUNG TO SPEAK OF THIS SUBJECT, PLEASE PERMIT THIS CHILD TO SPEAK, THEN CORRECT HIM IF HE IS WRONG. FOR IGNORANCE CAN ONLY BE KNOWN IF IT IS AIRED, AND CAN ONLY BE CORRECTED IF IT IS KNOWN.

My points are as follows:

1. According to worldometers the median age of Nigeria is 17.8, hence an "average " did not experience the civil war.

2.This is the age statistics of Nigeria as at 2014 is as follows:
0-14 years: 43.2%
15-24 years: 19.3%
25-54 years: 30.5%
55-64 years: 3.9%
65 years and over: 3.1% (indexmundi.com)
In simpler statistics 93% of Nigerians were 5 and below in 1967.

3. According to Wikipedia, youth age range is between 18-35. Hence no present day Nigerian youth saw the civil war.

My first question: since over 90% percent of us neither saw the civil war nor participated actively, and our youth were born 10 years after the war, where is all the hate and agitation from?

4. The major driving force of Biafra is the igboland, but the Biafran map includes states like Cross river, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state. This makes Biafra a culturally diverse state. I am igbo and i currently live in Akwa Ibom state, and we share no similarity in custom or language. How then can we live together as "one Biafra" when we can't tolerate the cultural diversity of Nigeria.

5. The Igbo tribe would become the majority tribe in Biafra, while the others who constitute the oil producing states hence the 'rich boys' would become minority. "How can the wealth most especially that from oil be distributed, when the majority is in power and the minority have the resource?"
So therefore, a time may come when the "minority" may decide to be free, because no man wants to live in another man's shadow.

6. Igbos are generally regarded as traders, and the lifeblood of their markets like Onitsha Main market and Ariaria international market is found in Lagos seaport where most of the goods come from. In Biafra, Lagos becomes another country hence tax and import/ export levies would increase drastically and logistics would become more difficult.
The other option is to trade via the Calabar Port, Delta Port or Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne. These ports are only found in the non-igbo states, hence another potential challenge.

7. What happens to Biafrans that have their livelihood rooted deeply in non biafran states? What happens to the igbos that constitute the majority of Alaba international market?
Would naturalization take place or would they liquidate assets and return to Biafra and start afresh?

8. Finally, the question of rulership. Who rules Biafra?
Currently, most Igbo people especially those in Abia and Imo state are dissatisfied with the condition of their states. They complain of bad government, massive looting, poor infrastructures etc, and they are currently ruled by Igbo governors.
If Biafra is formed who would rule then?
I believe it would be the same people that they complain of, and as you can see the cycle of pain and complaints would continue.

Problems are fixed by inward reflections not outward projections and blame shifting.

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, FOR A CHILD WHO DID NOT SEE THE WAR HAS SPOKEN

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Zinicc:

You are right, yes they don't have Arms' if thats what you mean, but they have self determination...if that is not ok, I wonder what you want.....

cool You need more than self determination to Balkanize Nigeria. Nothing short of a full blown war, that you MUST win, will give you even the mere 5 Eastern States. And the timing of your agitation is another problem. If you had done this (the whole brouhaha intensity) during GEJ administration, then many Nigerians would not see your agitation as a by-product of a failed presidential campaign. However, whether its true or not, MOST Nigerians see this as naked political.
Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Odimson69: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
ExInferis:
Good!
Police please keep shooting at all the ipods, abi na ipad.
Each one killed is one criminal less.
Kill them all.

it will not be well with those police who shots at the peaceful people. all the curses in the bible and Koran will be on their head and their families. they shall die by gun and in disgraceful way.their life shall be cut short.you that make this statement I pronounced you death before end of this year. whatsoever you wish the Ipob shall befall u.I have spoken!!!. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by XBLadez: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Dubem13:
all your family members will be wiped out just in a day, hopeless animal
Amen! Including any other idiots wishing evil for Igbo people on and off Nairaland cool

2 Likes

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by Kyase(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
kozmokaz:
lol... thanks fr understanding
Yes Boss

1 Like

Re: One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News by FisifunKododada: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Dragonking:
do_you_think_war_is_childs_play?

cool Its not. That is why when they declare war, I will stop thinking that they are just giving us a comedic child's play.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Incharge Of Kuje Prison Were Removed 24 Hours Before Attack – Vanguard / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure / Peter Obi Meets Chioma, The Young Obidient Girl Who Went Viral At Delta Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.