Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (86183 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Osimhen dazzles again in Flying Eagles tune up
[/size]

Just one week after putting four goals past a hapless Sia-One Academy, the Flying Eagles of Nigeria were at it again at the weekend, trouncing Kano –based Dabo Babes FC 5-0 in yet another test match.

Victor Osimhen was the man of the match at the FIFA Goal Project, Abuja as his first half hat –trick drew applause from an appreciable crowd that included Nigeria U-23 team Coach Samson Siasia, former Super Eagles captain Mutiu Adepoju, one –time Super Eagles Assistant Coach Bitrus Bewarang and NFF assistant director (Technical) Siji Lagunju, also a former Nigeria international.

The spectators were still exchanging pleasantries on arrival at the venue, when Wolfsburg striker Osimhen set the game alive with his first minute strike. That goal came in just 25 seconds of play. He added a second in the 25th minute after some good work from the flanks by Samuel Chukwueze. Chukwueze, bronze boot winner at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015 and who will be penning a deal with English Premier League side, Arsenal in the coming days also had his name on the scorers’ sheet, combining well with Osimhen to slot the ball beyond a bemused Dabo Babes goalkeeper for the third goal of the match.

Just when it looked like the Flying Eagles needed a breather after some exhausting early minutes display, Victor Osimhen came up with the fourth goal in the 43rd minute to complete his hat trick and make it a comfortable lead before Chukwudi Agor completed the rout in the 47th minute, running onto a through pass from Orji Okonkwo to fire home a long range shot which drew applause from the spectators. In the second half, Flying Eagles gaffer Emmanuel Amuneke brought in some of the untested legs and rested his key men as he became conscious of the task ahead. The half produced little in form of excitement, as the Nigeria U-20 played safe to avoid unwanted injuries.

The match was the second in a series of friendly games lined up by Coach Emmanuel Amuneke for his wards as they intensify preparation for next month’s Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying fixture with Burundi. The process started with thirty players invited to the team’s camp in Wuye. They were joined on arrival by over sixty other players at a routine screening exercise that lasted over two weeks after which the number was pruned down to 45, to allow the coaches concentrate more on individual abilities and group work.

Head Coach Amuneke plans to play more friendly games against NPFL clubsides, with the hope that he can still identify some more league players within the age bracket to further fortify his team ahead of the first leg against Burundi on May 22 in Bujumbura. The winner of the two –legged tie will qualify for the final round of the U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying series in July this year.

Eight teams will participate in the finals of the Africa U-20 Cup of Nations in Zambia next year, and it is from there that Africa’s four representatives to the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Korea Republic would emerge.
http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/osimhen-dazzles-again-in-flying-eagles-tune-up/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham Chase Nigerian Teenager Sadiq
[/size]

Three English Premier League teams Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham have entered the race to sign Roma's Nigerian teen striker Umar Sadiq, according to reports in Italy.

La Gazzetta dello Sport also claim French club Lyon are also ready to compete for the signature of the Nigerian youngster who has attracted interest following an impressive season in the Italian capital.

The 19-year-old has scored two goals in six Serie A appearances for Roma while he has found the net 19 times in 18 games for their youth team.

Sadiq's agent Mohammes Lawal confirmed the Gunners had opened talks over a possible deal.

“Yes, there is interest from Arsenal but at this moment nothing is done,” Lawal said.

Sadiq is currently on loan at Roma from Serie B side Spezia but the report claims Roma plan to make his move permanent before immediately selling him on at a profit.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/liverpool-arsenal-tottenham-chase-nigerian-teenager-sadiq/#2PChibTMgYcofiQO.99
[/b]

1 Like

[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian duo arrive at Liverpool
[/size]
Agent Babawo Mohammed has confirmed Jacob Njoku and Chidera Ejike are both currently on a two-week trial at Liverpool.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3640101_nj_jpeg37ee3fbdac35f2474cf93c1a290bf69a
The 18-year-olds, who are regarded as two of the most promising Nigerian talents, jetted into England over the weekend and have already begun training at the English club.

Mohammed, who represents both players, says his clients are looking to earn permanent deals.
"Njoku and Ejike are in Liverpool already," he told website AllNigeriaSoccer. "We arrived in England around 2pm on Saturday, they are starting training Sunday."

Njoku already has some experience of playing for a top-level outfit, having been at Porto before joining Al Oruba, while attacking midfielder Ejike is a product of the Gee-Lec Football Academy, and the Reds would be his first club.
The pair would go straight into the youth ranks if they are signed, with manager Jurgen Klopp looking to improve the set-up away from the senior squad.
https://www.clubcall.com/liverpool/nigerian-duo-arrive-at-liverpool-1808136.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AWAZIEM ON TARGET TO KEEP PORTO II TOP ON HIS RETURN TO THE B TEAM
[/size]

After sitting on the bench for FC Porto first team on Saturday away at Academica, Chidozie Awaziem dropped a level to the second division and made an instantaneous impression scoring for the B team against Braga II.

Awaziem scored the opener for FC Porto II with eleven minutes left to play which gave them the necessary boost to claim a 2-0 win and keep them top of the second division table in Portugal.

The goal against Braga II was his third goal of the season with two coming for the B team while he scored on his debut for the main team in a cup game against Benfica.

19 year old Awaziem has forced his way into the first team set up at FC Porto less than two years after moving from Nigeria non league side El-Kanemi Juniors of Jos.

He recently signed a new five year deal which ties him to FC Porto till the summer of 2020 with a buyout clause of 30 million Euros.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/25/2753/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Victor Osimhen’s hat-trick sinks Dabo Babes in friendly
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/52/1a/nigeria-u17-australia-u17_11wizu8ldjsp71gr2qd358hyte.jpg?t=-1275552448&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The Flying Eagles continued their build up for their AYC qualifier against Burundi with a huge win against the amateur side

Nigeria U20 team dismissed Dabo Babes 5-0 in a friendly match played on Sunday.

A treble from Wolfsburg forward Victor Osimhen handed Emmanuel Amuneke’s side a comprehensive victory as they put finishing touches to their U20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Burudi.

Osimhen powered in the first goal after 25 seconds before adding a second 25 minutes later courtesy of an assist from Samuel Chukwueze.

Chuwueze got the third for Amuneke’s lad while Osimhen completed his hat-trick in the 43rd minute while Chukwudi Agor completed the rout in the 47th minute running onto a through pass from Orji Okonkwo to fire home a long range shot.

The Flying Eagles take on Burundi on May 22 in Bujumbura with the second leg holding in Nigeria. Winner of tie on aggregate will qualify for the final round of the U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying series billed for July.

Eight teams will participate in the finals of the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations billed for Zambia to pick Africa's four representatives to the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in Korea Republic.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2016/04/24/22761622/victor-osimhens-hat-trick-sinks-dabo-babes-in-friendly?ICID=HP_HN_4
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
AWAZIEM ON TARGET TO KEEP PORTO II TOP ON HIS RETURN TO THE B TEAM
[/size]

After sitting on the bench for FC Porto first team on Saturday away at Academica, Chidozie Awaziem dropped a level to the second division and made an instantaneous impression scoring for the B team against Braga II.

Awaziem scored the opener for FC Porto II with eleven minutes left to play which gave them the necessary boost to claim a 2-0 win and keep them top of the second division table in Portugal.

The goal against Braga II was his third goal of the season with two coming for the B team while he scored on his debut for the main team in a cup game against Benfica.

19 year old Awaziem has forced his way into the first team set up at FC Porto less than two years after moving from Nigeria non league side El-Kanemi Juniors of Jos.

He recently signed a new five year deal which ties him to FC Porto till the summer of 2020 with a buyout clause of 30 million Euros.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/25/2753/
[/b]

Any1 with reasons why he was dropped to Team B?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 8:41am On Apr 26, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Victor Osimhen’s hat-trick sinks Dabo Babes in friendly
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/52/1a/nigeria-u17-australia-u17_11wizu8ldjsp71gr2qd358hyte.jpg?t=-1275552448&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The Flying Eagles continued their build up for their AYC qualifier against Burundi with a huge win against the amateur side

Nigeria U20 team dismissed Dabo Babes 5-0 in a friendly match played on Sunday.

A treble from Wolfsburg forward Victor Osimhen handed Emmanuel Amuneke’s side a comprehensive victory as they put finishing touches to their U20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Burudi.

Osimhen powered in the first goal after 25 seconds before adding a second 25 minutes later courtesy of an assist from Samuel Chukwueze.

Chuwueze got the third for Amuneke’s lad while Osimhen completed his hat-trick in the 43rd minute while Chukwudi Agor completed the rout in the 47th minute running onto a through pass from Orji Okonkwo to fire home a long range shot.

The Flying Eagles take on Burundi on May 22 in Bujumbura with the second leg holding in Nigeria. Winner of tie on aggregate will qualify for the final round of the U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying series billed for July.

Eight teams will participate in the finals of the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations billed for Zambia to pick Africa's four representatives to the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in Korea Republic.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2016/04/24/22761622/victor-osimhens-hat-trick-sinks-dabo-babes-in-friendly?ICID=HP_HN_4
[/b]

With Victor Osimhen and Sadiq Umar in this age grade category I fear for Taiwo Awoniyi.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Icon4s:

With Victor Osimhen and Sadiq Umar in this age grade category I fear for Taiwo Awoniyi.
He can still muscle his way through. You know that Awoniyi, apart from scoring goals, contributes a lot about defence. I don't know if Sadiq is also good in that regards.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
Icon4s:

tbaba1234 should have an idea
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Icon4s:

No sentiments should be attached to this team,this team should be built around Osimhen and Nwakali,to be supported by chukwueze and sadiq Umar. The likes of Yahaya,Awoniyi,mathew,Azubike, should be brought later on to beef up the team and the team will b super,just like the way Mikel and Ogbuke was brought on board to the flying eagles class of 2005 (Holland 2005) and the team became stronger.
I believe this set of flying eagles is going to be stronger than the last set if coach Amuneke should able not to let ego and pride affect his job by merging both the 2015(manu boys) and some of the Olympic eagles(siasia boys) that r still within the age bracket with his 2015 eaglets(Amuneke boys) into one unit. How he will be able to put together his boys ,Amuneke's boys,manu Garba's boys and Siasia boys is the key. only pride and ego won't alloy u seek for help.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
Icon4s:

He was on the bench in the last game so he was available for team B selection.

Whenever he does not play for the first team, he starts for team B. I guess it is to keep fitness up and keep him playing.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

He can still muscle his way through. You know that Awoniyi, apart from scoring goals, contributes a lot about defence. I don't know if Sadiq is also good in that regards.

Awoniyi to me has never been a grade "A" teen striker. In performing the CF Role having to chose from amongst Osimhen, Sadiq, Awoniyi and Ezeh, I think Osimhen and Sadiq (Who I consider Grade "A" teen strikers) are ahead of Awoniyi. I can comfortably rate Osimhen and Sadiq in the same class as Rashford and Iheanacho. Awoniyi does not belong to that class. I dnt attach sentiments in my analysis. When a player is not there I say "he is not there".

Talking about contributing a lot to the defense, that attribute, even if Awoniyi has it is inconsequential in this case cos we have midfielders and defenders who can perform such role. The most important criterion is there ruthlessness in front of goal.
However, if Amuneke choses to work with 3 CF mayb he (Awoniyi) could be included. I have not seen Chidera Ezeh play of late so I can't rate him yet.

cc: napoleon55.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Napoleon55:

No sentiments should be attached to this team,this team should be built around Osimhen and Nwakali,to be supported by chukwueze and sadiq Umar. The likes of Yahaya,Awoniyi,mathew,Azubike, should be brought later on to beef up the team and the team will b super,just like the way Mikel and Ogbuke was brought on board to the flying eagles class of 2005 (Holland 2005) and the team became stronger.
I believe this set of flying eagles is going to be stronger than the last set if coach Amuneke should able not to let ego and pride affect his job by merging both the 2015(manu boys) and some of the Olympic eagles(siasia boys) that r still within the age bracket with his 2015 eaglets(Amuneke boys) into one unit. How he will be able to put together his boys ,Amuneke's boys,manu Garba's boys and Siasia boys is the key. only pride and ego won't alloy u seek for help.

I have predicted that the 2017 U20 Team (If Amuneke fully utilizes all the eligible players at his disposal) would be about the best we have seen in decades.

You are very right in stating that it would be a triple combo of Manu's 2013 Eaglets, Amuneke's 2015 Eaglets and Siasia's 2016 Olympics Team players.

This would be a Golden opportunity to win that illusive FIFA U20 Trophy. I have more confidence in this U20 than the 2015 class.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Aliyu Abubakar Reveals Clause In KuPS Contract Stipulating He Must Be Released For
[/size]

KuPS defender Aliyu Abubakar has revealed that there’s a clause interested into his contract that stipulates that the the Finnish Veikkausliiga side have to release him to the national teams whenever he is invited.

It is confirmed beyond reasonable doubt that the former Golden Eaglets defender has been named to the Dream Team VI provisional roster for the 2016 Olympic Games.

But his participation had been in doubt, that is if he makes the 18-player roster in the first place, as the Finnish top-flight will be in full swing during the Olympic Games and Euro clubs can’t be forced to release players on their rosters by Fifa.

“Yes, KuPS will release me for the Olympic Games if I am invited. It is part of my contract, any national team call up has to be accepted by them,”Aliyu Abubakar told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I am not aware I am in the provisional squad but I would love to play in the Olympic Games. It is part of my dream.”

The 18-year-old Abubakar has been involved in the first four games of the new season for KuPS.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18798
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dominic Solanke Wants 50,000 Pounds Per Week Before Extending Chelsea Contract
[/size]

Dominic Solanke is demanding a pay rise of approximately 600 percent of his present wages before putting pen to paper on a new deal with Chelsea according to reports in the British press.

The Daily Mail has reported that the England youth-teamer wants 50,000 pounds per week and assurances that he will be handed a first-team role next season before committing his long-term future to The Blues.

Solanke, who is spending the whole of this season on loan at Dutch outfit Vitesse, will walk away from Stamford Bridge as a free agent in the summer of 2017 if he does not extend his agreement.

The 18-year-old has only one appearance under his belt for the first team of Chelsea which came in a Champions League fixture against Maribor in October 2014 and spent only 17 minutes on the pitch.

Dominic Solanke is represented by his stepfather who is in talks with Chelsea.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18796
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Target Ovie Ejaria Shines For Liverpool U21s In Win Vs Norwich City
[/size]

Ovie Ejaria is proving to be one of the hottest commodities in the Academy Team of Liverpool with yet another impressive display on Monday against Norwich City in the U21 Premier League Division One.

The Reds U21 manager rolled out a starting line-up that included Portugal youth international Tiago Ilori and Ovie Ejaria.

After conceding in the 18th minute, Kent made it 1-1 after some excellent trickery by the Nigerian midfielder on the left wing.

Liverpool had a decent opportunity to score their second goal immediately after the intermission when Ejaria’s inviting cross was punched into the path of Lennon.

The 18-year-old Ejaria trained with the Golden Eaglets in the summer of 2013 but did not make the final roster for the Fifa Under 17 World Cup in United Arab Emirates as he had to return to London to rejoin Arsenal.

He played the full game against the Canaries while Ilori was replaced after 53 minutes.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18805
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Awoniyi to me has never been a grade "A" teen striker. In performing the CF Role having to chose from amongst Osimhen, Sadiq, Awoniyi and Ezeh, I think Osimhen and Sadiq (Who I consider Grade "A" teen strikers) are ahead of Awoniyi. I can comfortably rate Osimhen and Sadiq in the same class as Rashford and Iheanacho. Awoniyi does not belong to that class. I dnt attach sentiments in my analysis. When a player is not there I say "he is not there".

Talking about contributing a lot to the defense, that attribute, even if Awoniyi has it is inconsequential in this case cos we have midfielders and defenders who can perform such role. The most important criterion is there ruthlessness in front of goal.
However, if Amuneke choses to work with 3 CF mayb he (Awoniyi) could be included. I have not seen Chidera Ezeh play of late so I can't rate him yet.

cc: napoleon55.
Well he can still come in as a super sub for the team. Remember he has plaid also in a comparatively higher level than the Osimhen and Nura.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nura is a Right back. You meant Sadiq Umar. Awoniyi may be playing in bundesliga 2 but I also rate Osimhen and Sadiq higher (Sadiq has already scored twice in the serie A is wanted by top clubs but Roma will likely keep him unless.... wink Even The Wolfsburg sporting director confessed that Osimhen scores lots of goals).

Chidera Ezeh is more of a rising high class sleeky striker. Still observing his growth. He's more of a withdrawn striker and right winger.
Even Osimhen's understudy @ U-17, Ebere Osinachi Christian is yet to show he's close to half of Osimhen's potentials.

To be frank, Among our rising young star forwards of our next possible super golden generation, I tip Iheanacho, Osimhen and Sadiq Umar (maybe an Isaac Success and Taiwo Awoniyi also) as the players that can smash Yekini's goals record for the Super Eagles.

MOST ESPECIALLY THE IOS (Iheanacho, Osimhen and Sadiq). They score GOALS FOR FUN, these three. smiley

The 2017 Flying Eagles squad composition will be stronger than the 2015 class but The 2015 class still had enough to win that tournament in New Zealand if Manu Garba had played the right cards. That's first-level truth. Manu has learnt, I believe. Expect to see another masterpiece from him at U-17 smiley
#smiles

BlackAlbino6:

Well he can still come in as a super sub for the team. Remember he has plaid also in a comparatively higher level than the Osimhen and Nura.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

Sure u meant Sadiq Umar and nt Nura.

Sadiq plays in a more competitive league than Awoniyi while Osimhen trains in d top division of same country Awoniyi plays Second division.
Talent wise Awoniyi lags behind Sadiq and Osimhen.

Amuneke typically plays a 4-5-1 formation. Such coaches are usually contempted with 2 natural CF while the other forwards would come into d team as WFs or AMs. And if this scenerio plays out, without any atom of sentiments, Awoniyi may nt make d WYC sqaud if we qualify. Remember there is still Chidera Ezeh.

Well, it may b too early to write off any player bt i am jst rating dem based on present forms

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Dominic Solanke Wants 50,000 Pounds Per Week Before Extending Chelsea Contract
[/size]

Dominic Solanke is demanding a pay rise of approximately 600 percent of his present wages before putting pen to paper on a new deal with Chelsea according to reports in the British press.

The Daily Mail has reported that the England youth-teamer wants 50,000 pounds per week and assurances that he will be handed a first-team role next season before committing his long-term future to The Blues.

Solanke, who is spending the whole of this season on loan at Dutch outfit Vitesse, will walk away from Stamford Bridge as a free agent in the summer of 2017 if he does not extend his agreement.

The 18-year-old has only one appearance under his belt for the first team of Chelsea which came in a Champions League fixture against Maribor in October 2014 and spent only 17 minutes on the pitch.

Dominic Solanke is represented by his stepfather who is in talks with Chelsea.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18796
[/b]

Fifty ThaSand for what? I doubt any club will cough out that amount for an unproven striker.

Aritz Aduriz who is one of the best strikers in Europe (33 goals in 51 games this season) earns £28,000. Solanke wants £50,000. I doubt Emenalo will agree to that.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Nura is a Right back. You meant Sadiq Umar. Awoniyi may be playing in bundesliga 2 but I also rate Osimhen and Sadiq higher (Sadiq has already scored twice in the serie A is wanted by top clubs but Roma will likely keep him unless.... wink Even The Wolfsburg sporting director confessed that Osimhen scores lots of goals).

Chidera Ezeh is more of a rising high class sleeky striker. Still observing his growth. He's more of a withdrawn striker and right winger.
Even Osimhen's understudy @ U-17, Ebere Osinachi Christian is yet to show he's close to half of Osimhen's potentials.

To be frank, Among our rising young star forwards of our next possible super golden generation, I tip Iheanacho, Osimhen and Sadiq Umar (maybe an Isaac Success and Taiwo Awoniyi also) as the players that can smash Yekini's goals record for the Super Eagles.

MOST ESPECIALLY THE IOS (Iheanacho, Osimhen and Sadiq). They score GOALS FOR FUN, these three. smiley

The 2017 Flying Eagles squad composition will be stronger than the 2015 class but The 2015 class still had enough to win that tournament in New Zealand if Manu Garba had played the right cards. That's first-level truth. Manu has learnt, I believe. Expect to see another masterpiece from him at U-17 smiley
#smiles

I still do not doubt Isaac Success ability. The reason why he is not banging goals is because he is not leading the line. If you watched his last goal, it was up there with some of the top strikers. Something Awoniyi can learn from.

First of all, Success outran his marker. When he was close to the goal keeper, he checked his back and made sure no one was close to stop him. He slowed down, looked up, picked his angle and made a neat finish.

I agree that the golden hitmen are Iheanacho, Sadiq and Osimhen but I feel when Success gets his chance up front, he will also deliver.

Awoniyi can still make it if he continues working hard and studying top strikers but these four guys are better finishing talents.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I still do not doubt Isaac Success ability. The reason why he is not banging goals is because he is not leading the line. If you watched his last goal, it was up there with some of the top strikers. Something Awoniyi can learn from.

First of all, Success outran his marker. When he was close to the goal keeper, he checked his back and made sure no one was close to stop him. He slowed down, looked up, picked his angle and made a neat finish.

I agree that the golden hitmen are Iheanacho, Sadiq and Osimhen but I feel when Success gets his chance up front, he will also deliver.

Awoniyi can still make it if he continues working hard and studying top strikers but these four guys are better finishing talents.

The commentator in the levante match said he stays after practice to work on his finishing. His coach told reporters that all he had to work on was his finishing. To me he should be considered for young player of the year because he means so much to his club.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The commentator in the levante match said he stays after practice to work on his finishing. His coach told reporters that all he had to work on was his finishing. To me he should be considered for young player of the year because he means so much to his club.

I agree with you. I am impressed with the work rate of our young lads but Success deserves special praise. He is working in a very tough condition with little support.

I hope he earns a move to a better club where he will play upfront with some good midfielders behind him.

I did not know about his finishing practice. He can see the result of it and I hope he continues his hard work.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
You are right about Success not leading the line upfront. He still comes from the wings for his club and may be deployed from the wings oftentimes at Watford if Ighalo stays (still early for me to say shaa..... hope the deal will be concluded officially this summer).

Isaac is a super finisher no doubt. I had to give him a mention because I still reckon with his super finishing and goals scoring ability despite being played as a winger.

I really put some thought into it and concluded based on current developments that the "IOS" and Success look like our top 4 elite forwards who, in the long run, can challenge Yekini's 37 goals in 58 matches.

If I am to pick a top 3, I will go with the "IOS" with Isaac "the beast" a close 4th.

Awoniyi need to really study other elite strikers like you've rightly said and put in more effort. He can be as lethal as any elite forward if he wants to but work and improve he must.

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:01am On Apr 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you. I am impressed with the work rate of our young lads but Success deserves special praise. He is working in a very tough condition with little support.

I hope he earns a move to a better club where he will play upfront with some good midfielders behind him.

I did not know about his finishing practice. He can see the result of it and I hope he continues his hard work.

Granada actually has some ok players, i have watched them a few times they have no shot against the giants of the league but in their weight class they play good football. Isaac's teammates have really impressed me because they actually trust him and go to him even when he makes mistakes. If they beat the drop i would really want him to stay at least one more year instead of going to watford.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:04am On Apr 27, 2016
Isaac Success even made the Talent Radar's World young players team of the week this past weekend alongside Kelechi Iheanacho.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/04/26/talent-radar-young-players-team-of-the-week-29/

Isaac is a standout and one of the best elite young forwards in La Liga and he can still get even better.

TheGoodJoe:

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13am On Apr 27, 2016
Yeah... just some like El-Arabi, Penaranda, Ruben Rochina and even Cuenca.

To be honest, Granada has very few okay players but I admire their doggedness sometimes against certain big opponents.

Watford won't be much of a bad move but honestly Isaac's talents is bigger than even watford. #fact

BascoVanVeli:

Granada actually has some ok players, i have watched them a few times they have no shot against the giants of the league but in their weight class they play good football. Isaac's teammates have really impressed me because they actually trust him and go to him even when he makes mistakes. If they beat the drop i would really want him to stay at least one more year instead of going to watford.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22am On Apr 27, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

They have as you put it, okay players but we have the likes of Rashford working with Mata, Schneiderlin, Schweinsterger, Carrick in training. Nacho trains week in, week out with the likes of Silva, Nasri, Navas (that dribble of Rahman still on my mind), De Bruyne.

Isaac Success staying at Granada reduces the opportunity of working with better talents.

I think it is time for the young man to take the leap with his peers who are growing fast like Nacho, Martial, Rashford, Mina, Oliver Torres etc.

He can still make his steady growth there but I have not changed my view or expectation of Isaac Success. I still feel he is one of those to give Nacho a run for his money.

I rate Success as a better talent than Sadiq. I believe Success upfront in Roma with Pjanic behind him will do better.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On Apr 27, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I also agree that the love Isaac Success gets at Granada is also important. One year is not too long for him to grow with the team. He can stay there if he does not see an opening to play upfront in a better club.

If he continues working hard, the opportunity will come knocking.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Icon4s:

Sure u meant Sadiq Umar and nt Nura.

Sadiq plays in a more competitive league than Awoniyi while Osimhen trains in d top division of same country Awoniyi plays Second division.
Talent wise Awoniyi lags behind Sadiq and Osimhen.

Amuneke typically plays a 4-5-1 formation. Such coaches are usually contempted with 2 natural CF while the other forwards would come into d team as WFs or AMs. And if this scenerio plays out, without any atom of sentiments, Awoniyi may nt make d WYC sqaud if we qualify. Remember there is still Chidera Ezeh.

Well, it may b too early to write off any player bt i am jst rating dem based on present forms
Thanks for the correction
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Wolves Young Defender Odofin Reveals Mom Has Been A Big Influence
[/size]

Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Hakeem Odofin has revealed that his mom has been a big influence since he became a footballer and has offered him advice whenever he needs it.

The 18-year-old joined the Championship side from Barnet in the January transfer window and has impressed for the U21s since his arrival.

“She just says to me ‘No Excuses’. Whatever the conditions of a pitch, or whatever is going on, don’t ever let it affect your game. Just give it your very best every time you play,” Odofin said to wolves.co.uk.

“She is always there to give me advice whenever I need it. She used to take me everywhere I needed to go when I was younger.

“She has been my number one fan – and my number one critic! And that is important.”

Born in London, Hakeem Odofin spent his formative years as a footballer with the youth teams of Tottenham Hotspur and Reading before joining Barnet in 2014.

Igho Kingsley
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18808
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U20s Coach Amuneke To Appear In Court On Wednesday Over Transfer Of Nwakali To Manchester City
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria U20s coach Emmanuel Amuneke is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday morning to respond to a breach of contract claim.

Former Enyimba player Dominic Egbukwu and French - based intermediary Oliver Noah of Noga Sports Management have taken Amuneke to court over the transfer of Chidiebere Nwakali to Manchester City in 2014.

The retired Nigeria international and his academy Emmanuel Amuneke Academy had issued a mandate to Egbukwu and his French partner to act on their behalf in negotiating a transfer to Man City as well as Marseille, Inter Milan, Arsenal and Monaco.

It has been claimed that Amuneke and his camp contacted the Citizens to call of negotiations with Noga Sports Management despite the mandate yet to expire.

The claimants are now seeking N112 million financial compensation from Emmanuel Amuneke for breach of contract.

The ex-Zamalek and Barcelona winger is presently in Abuja running the rule over the Nigeria U20s invitees ahead of the Africa U20 Cup of Nations qualifier against Burundi next month.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18809
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (38) (Reply)

Muslim Fans Blast Ahmed Musa Over Kissing Picture With His Wife On Facebook / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.