Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (86076 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
In our traditional style of picking top five performers in
games involving various national team of Nigeria, Sudan based journalist Adam Musa who covered the game on behalf of Owngoalnigeria.com picks his top 5 performers from the game.

VICTOR OSIMHEN: the boss of them all, deadly with his back to goal with or without the ball, strong,pacy and daring, he was the one problem the defense of Sudan couldn’t handle all game long, took his goal well considering how late it came and although he missed some chances, you still can’t fault his performance, Wolfsburg have got a jewel on their hands.

LUKMAN ZAKARI: Very rare to see a defender so good on the ball like this 17 year old , he was calm in possession, pick his passes with ease, intercepted a lot of through ball from the Sudanese, kept dangerman Mohammed silent after his goal and didn’t commit a single foul in the game despite been involved in so many duels. Certainly he has a big future in football if he continues to progress at this rate.

SAMUEL CHUKWUEZE: His abilities to go past opponent as if he they don’t exist made the Sudanese defenders quake once he is on the ball, His goal was just a fraction of his overall performance in the game, still a miracle how Arsenal didn’t follow up their interest in him as he is set to join Porto, Boy is not just good, he is super talented.

KINGSLEY MICHAEL: A surprise omission from the starting line up which later turned out to be a tactical masterstroke when he was introduced, came on at a time when Nigeria needed something new and invigorating and provided just that.

Alongside the man who replaced him in the starting line up Gavi Thompson, he showed his inch perfect range of passes in between defence splitting efforts which lead to Nigeria’s first goal, he is every manager’s kind of substitute to bring on going by the way he swinged the momentum the way of the Flying Eagles upon his introduction.

EJIKE IKWU: Alongside Lukman Zakari they kept the Sudanese at bay , he provides the steel which Zakari compliments with his skills, quick,strong and hard in tackles, his willingness to cover up for his full backs when they ventured forward or move out of position.

Picked up the only caution for the Nigerians in the game but overall Sudan would have wished he wasn’t playing at all as he more time than often cut their forays into the Nigerian half with ease.

Courtesy of Owngoalnigeria.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
In our traditional style of picking top five performers in
games involving various national team of Nigeria, Sudan based journalist Adam Musa who covered the game on behalf of Owngoalnigeria.com picks his top 5 performers from the game.

VICTOR OSIMHEN: the boss of them all, deadly with his back to goal with or without the ball, strong,pacy and daring, he was the one problem the defense of Sudan couldn’t handle all game long, took his goal well considering how late it came and although he missed some chances, you still can’t fault his performance, Wolfsburg have got a jewel on their hands.

LUKMAN ZAKARI: Very rare to see a defender so good on the ball like this 17 year old , he was calm in possession, pick his passes with ease, intercepted a lot of through ball from the Sudanese, kept dangerman Mohammed silent after his goal and didn’t commit a single foul in the game despite been involved in so many duels. Certainly he has a big future in football if he continues to progress at this rate.

SAMUEL CHUKWUEZE: His abilities to go past opponent as if he they don’t exist made the Sudanese defenders quake once he is on the ball, His goal was just a fraction of his overall performance in the game, still a miracle how Arsenal didn’t follow up their interest in him as he is set to join Porto, Boy is not just good, he is super talented.

KINGSLEY MICHAEL: A surprise omission from the starting line up which later turned out to be a tactical masterstroke when he was introduced, came on at a time when Nigeria needed something new and invigorating and provided just that.

Alongside the man who replaced him in the starting line up Gavi Thompson, he showed his inch perfect range of passes in between defence splitting efforts which lead to Nigeria’s first goal, he is every manager’s kind of substitute to bring on going by the way he swinged the momentum the way of the Flying Eagles upon his introduction.

EJIKE IKWU: Alongside Lukman Zakari they kept the Sudanese at bay , he provides the steel which Zakari compliments with his skills, quick,strong and hard in tackles, his willingness to cover up for his full backs when they ventured forward or move out of position.

Picked up the only caution for the Nigerians in the game but overall Sudan would have wished he wasn’t playing at all as he more time than often cut their forays into the Nigerian half with ease.

Courtesy of Owngoalnigeria.com

I love Amunike but he needs to give me a good reason why he dropped my Lazarus.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I guess fitness Issues.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I guess fitness Issues.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

Funsho has not been part of the under 20 team. Looks like Amuneke has dropped him.
sad sad
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
John Lazarus was injured... that's why.

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
mikron:
sad sad
is he that good to make you sad?
I rate him 1/10
i will repeat what i said before here he only made the team cos of a powerful connection

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
mikron:
sad sad
I rate him 1/10
i will repeat what i said before here he only made the team to chile cos of a powerful connection

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
enomakos:
I rate him 1/10
i will repeat what i said before here he only made the team to chile cos of a powerful connection
He doesn't need to b that good b4 u empathize with him
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
Icon4s:
tbaba1234, John Lazarus did nt start at RB today. Who was dat player dat started?
U can see the competition already.

That y i would want Amuneke to invite more quality players. Some of those his boys may nt b Flying Eagles materials.

Note that not every Golden Eaglets graduate will get to play for the Flying Eagles. It has always been that way. Some former golden eaglets players may nt measure up to feature for the Flying Eagles.

We need to assemble our best U20 players Home or foreign based.
ibe tobechukwu plays right back
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
enomakos:
ibe tobechukwu plays right back

Ok
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
enomakos:
I rate him 1/10
funsho was excellent in the last tourney, he was fantastic smiley

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Funso has been relegated to the bench since Orji Okonkwo rediscovered his form. And Chukwueze on the other hand can operate from both wings,likewise Orji.
Anybody knows what's up with Enogela?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
mikron:

He shows some promises but I don't know about fantastic. However,I do keep him around...There is this gut I see in his face.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Lazarus I believe is injured but I guess it opens an opportunity for other guys. We can't put all our eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

He shows some promises but I don't know about fantastic. However,I do keep him around...There is this gut I see in his face.
he had the gut alright, pity he had disciplinary issues
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 4:13am On Jul 13, 2016
mikron:
is it because of that goal he score?even my grandmum can score that
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 4:15am On Jul 13, 2016
mikron:
is it because of that goal he score?well i was not impressed with his game
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 4:49am On Jul 13, 2016
enomakos:

I also did not think Funsho was that good.

Amuneke team is still too dependent on Osimhen for goals..
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 4:57am On Jul 13, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
Funso has been relegated to the bench since Orji Okonkwo rediscovered his form. And Chukwueze on the other hand can operate from both wings,likewise Orji.
Anybody knows what's up with Enogela?
he may have lost his place in the team,cos he was not in the team that play burundi either same with joel osikel
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 5:05am On Jul 13, 2016
tbaba1234:

I also did not think Funsho was that good.

Amuneke team is still too dependent on Osimhen for goals..
you are right bro

what happened if victor osimhen is not available?will keninde ayinde be able to stepup
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 6:18am On Jul 13, 2016
enomakos:
you are right bro

what happened if victor osimhen is not available?will keninde ayinde be able to stepup

This y I advocate for the inclusion of the following strikers into the team:

Taiwo Awoniyi
Chidera Ezeh
Sadiq Umar.

With this we have enough fire power upfront and the coach can esily switch to 4-4-2 still with striking options to spare

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
Icon4s:

This y I advocate for the inclusion of the following strikers into the team:

Taiwo Awoniyi
Chidera Ezeh
Sadiq Umar.

With this we have enough fire power upfront and the coach can esily switch to 4-4-2 still with striking options to spare
i agreed with you bro
i hope the coach will invites them
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Lazarus I believe is injured but I guess it opens an opportunity for other guys. We can't put all our eggs in one basket.

Yes but to me he is very important to this team.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by mikron(m): 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
enomakos:
not just the goal, he was impressive for me, when he was suspended in the semis i really felt his absence and i was happy he made the final

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:40am On Jul 14, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Yes but to me he is very important to this team.

I am not saying he should be axed but to understand he is not indispensable,thereby making with work harder and not get complacent.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by enomakos(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
mikron:
not just the goal, he was impressive for me, when he was suspended in the semis i really felt his absence and i was happy he made the final
ok i understands
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
mikron:

Not just the semis he missed the game against Croatia that we lost by playing our worst game and that goal showed he had the total package..on the down side he had a red card that i felt was unfair and a stupid hand of god with the game won. Amunike would have been right to drop him for the final but the rest is history.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ovie Ejaria Inching Closer To Breaking Into Liverpool First Team After Impressing Klopp
[/size]

The talented Nigerian midfielder Ovie Ejaria is inching closer to breaking into the first team of Liverpool two years after his arrival at Anfield from Arsenal, based on his performances at pre-season.

Ejaria showed his qualities in two pre-season fixtures against Tranmere Rovers and Fleetwood Town, and the Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has admitted that he is impressed.

“Ovie (Ejaria)– what a player, (in) the first game and today again, ” Klopp said to liverpoolfc.com.

“They are a little bit tired. Really good players, smart players, well educated. It’s good to see. I’m happy with this.”

The 18-year-old Ejaria is eligible to represent England and Nigeria but committed his international future to the Africans two years ago and trained with the Golden Eaglets prior to the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19745
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
“Ovie (Ejaria)– what a player, (in) the first game and today again, ” Klopp said to liverpoolfc.com.

That, to me, is one heavy props from the Liverpool Boss. Wish the young man the best.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That, to me, is one heavy props from the Liverpool Boss. Wish the young man the best.

Based on pre-season so far, he is likely to play games next season. Nigeria should not dull on this kid. His highlights are outstanding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

Christian Obodo Crashes His Car In Accident (Photos) / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Odion Ighalo In Man United Jersey In Throw Back Picture!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.