Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (85820 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2016
[size=14pt]
West Brom Defender Solanke Called Up To England Squad
[/size]

West Brom defender of Nigerian descent Tomiwa Solanke has been called up to the England U16s get-together at St George’s Park later this month.

Aged 15, Solanke was named to the squad alongside two of his Baggies teammates after impressing for the Academy team last term.

The England U16s will hold a four-day training camp at their Burton base, starting from Thursday, July 21.

Last season, Solanke was an unused substitute as West Brom U18s played out a 1-1 draw against Leicester City in the U18 Premier League.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19614
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:44am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: ROMA SADIQ UMAR TO SEAL LOAN MOVE TO BOLOGNA NEXT WEEK
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/01/exclusive-roma-sadiq-umar-to-seal-loan-move-to-bologna-next-week/[/img]
Nigeria U-23 forward Sadiq Umar will complete his loan switch to Serie A side Bologna from AS Roma, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Last season under Manager Rudi Garcia, the Nigerian forced his way into the first team set up at Roma but he has found games hard to come by since the appointment of Luciano Spalleti leading to the 19 year old seeking a loan move to a club he believes he will get playing time.

Sadiq who is presently in Mexico with the Nigeria U-23s was heavily courted by newly promoted Serie A side Crotone but a switch to Bologna looks more likely and it could be concluded before the start of the Olympics in August.

Last season he scored twice for the main team of Roma but plundered an impressive 14 goals for the Primavera side with a further 5 goals for the B team in the UEFA youth league.

The Future of Africa Football Academy product moved to Italy three years ago joining Serie B side Spezia where his goal scoring exploits for their Primavera team earned him a loan move to Roma which was made permanent this summer.
*Daniel Martins
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/01/exclusive-roma-sadiq-umar-to-seal-loan-move-to-bologna-next-week/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nice one for Sadiq.... he needs to start getting games. He has enough quality to lead a team's attack.

Hope he shines brightly at Bologna so that The Roma coaches will have no choice but to make him a core part of their plans for the 2017/18 season.

BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: ROMA SADIQ UMAR TO SEAL LOAN MOVE TO BOLOGNA NEXT WEEK
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/01/exclusive-roma-sadiq-umar-to-seal-loan-move-to-bologna-next-week/[/img]
Nigeria U-23 forward Sadiq Umar will complete his loan switch to Serie A side Bologna from AS Roma, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Last season under Manager Rudi Garcia, the Nigerian forced his way into the first team set up at Roma but he has found games hard to come by since the appointment of Luciano Spalleti leading to the 19 year old seeking a loan move to a club he believes he will get playing time.

Sadiq who is presently in Mexico with the Nigeria U-23s was heavily courted by newly promoted Serie A side Crotone but a switch to Bologna looks more likely and it could be concluded before the start of the Olympics in August.

Last season he scored twice for the main team of Roma but plundered an impressive 14 goals for the Primavera side with a further 5 goals for the B team in the UEFA youth league.

The Future of Africa Football Academy product moved to Italy three years ago joining Serie B side Spezia where his goal scoring exploits for their Primavera team earned him a loan move to Roma which was made permanent this summer.
*Daniel Martins
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/01/exclusive-roma-sadiq-umar-to-seal-loan-move-to-bologna-next-week/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
lipsrsealed
linked:
I would love to see M. Yahaya, C. Ezeh, A. Idowu with this group... Amuneke should give them a try..

Akinjide Idowu nt elligible bt d other 2 are.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Watford Join West Ham In Race For Nigeria U20s Star Chukwudi Agor
[/size]

Watford have joined Premier League rival West Ham in the race for Nigeria U20 international Chukwudi Agor, according to the CEO of his club, Emeka Amajiriaku.

The Hammers had been the early frontrunners to secure the signature of the ASJ Academy midfielder, having made a bid of €200,000 but now face competition, with the Hornets opening talks with his representatives.

“We are studying offers from West Ham and Watford, we want a team that can develop the player , ” ASJ supremo Emeka Amajiriaku said to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“So we are not after his transfer fees or wages, we don’t want a situation where he is signed and he is dumped soon after

“We have documents from Watford, we believe we can broker a better deal apart from these two teams in England. So many teams have been calling us that they want Chukwudi. ”

Chukwudi Agor becomes eligible to pen a professional contract with any of his suitors when he clocks 18 on November 26.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19591
[/b]

Fantastic! Any of these two would serve. wink

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
[b]El-Kanemi's teenage sensation, Bata, turning heads in the NPFL

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.

Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.

http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/1646-el-kanemi-s-teenage-sensation-bata-turning-heads-in-the-npfl[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[b]El-Kanemi's teenage sensation, Bata, turning heads in the NPFL

By Uchenna Iyoke

The Nigeria top-flight has, in the past, churned out top talent and witnessed some of the best schoolboys play in the championship. That trend has continued into this present day as the like of Godfrey Oboabona, Ahmed Musa, Brown Ideye and Efe Ambrose all cut their teeth at some point in the country's top division, now the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

These quartet have gone on to become key members of the Nigeria national team, the Super Eagles. But there are now emerging talents in the NPFL. One of such new names is El-Kanemi Warriors attacking winger, Hussaini Bata Mohammed. The youngster is already being branded Messi by supporters of the Maiduguri club.

Of course the nickname, Messi, bestowed on the right-footed winger comes from the fact that he has a semblance in physique to the FC Barcelona and Argentine superstar. Add to that, Bata has enough pace in him to burn as evident in matches he has appeared in for El-Kanemi Warriors this season.

Bata was promoted to the top-flight from El-Kanemi Feeders on the eve of the start of this season by coach Issa Ladan Bosso, who was impressed by the player's interpretation of the game. He made his debut in the 0-1 loss to Wikki Tourists on match day 1. However, since the Warriors returned to their home soil in Maiduguri, Bata has been in outstanding form, scoring four goals and providing three assists.

The petite winger played two seasons with the club's feeders before his promotion. He has now started in all matches since his newfound form after their return to home ground. Teams like Shooting Stars, Ikorodu United, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Abia Warriors and Lobi Stars have experienced the crafty moves of the youngster, who Maiduguri football fans prefer to call Messi. His NPFL performances in the colours of El-Kanemi have already earned him man-of-the-match awards on three occasions.

The 16-year-old, who is enjoying loads of playing times in recent match days is thankful to Bosso, the man who showed so much belief in him and handed him a shot at top-flight football.
"I will like to thank my coach for giving me the chance not minding my age. I will give my best to ensure my team finishes in the top-five. Though it is a difficult task (achieving a top-five finish) but with hard work we can achieve it," Bata told npfl.ng.

Bata's low centre of gravity allows him to attempt crafty moves from the flanks like Messi, the superstar, who he is nicknamed after. He is always a threat to defenders, as he is a fast dribbler and often hits low crosses. Most of his goals, this term, have come from close range finish because of his sleek nature and positioning.

The youngster like every footballer is ambitious. He believes that a call-up to any of the national teams will come at the appropriate but wants to continue his development by featuring in more matches for El-Kanemi.

He added that his family has been a major source of motivation in his fledgling career so far. Bata admitted that he always feel obliged to give his best as a way to repay his family for their support.

"I am yet to play for any of the national team, though I believe my game will pave the way for a call-up. For now, I want to play more games, show my skills and score more goals. My parents and siblings watch me play always. So I don’t want to disappoint them. They are great sources of encouragement to me," he said.

Somehow those sources of encouragement has made the youngster fearless. Bata despite his small physique is ready to have a go at defenders, no matter their sizes in physical structure. Certainly the youngster must also be pointing to those popular words of Mark Twain that 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog' that matters.

Bata said: "I can take on any defender, especially when you look down on me because of my size, although I respect our defenders for their qualities."

So when match day 25 gets underway this weekend across nine venues in the country, just watch out for El-Kanemi's number 37 line up with his teammates against the NPFL champions, Enyimba, in Umuahia on Sunday.

http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/1646-el-kanemi-s-teenage-sensation-bata-turning-heads-in-the-npfl[/b]

Good one. I like it this way men. The foreign born stars are doing it, the home based ones are not left out too. Good work Sir. Lets unravel them for the world to see.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Aston Villa Goalkeeper Idem Commits International Future To Nigeria Ahead Of England
[/size]

The young Aston Villa goalkeeper Emmanuel Okokon Idem has committed his international future to Nigeria ahead of England.

Though the netminder was born in the United Kingdom, he qualifies to represent Nigeria through his parents, and it is understood that he could be called up to train with the Flying Eagles in future.

“Emmanuel Idem is playing for Nigeria definitely, he is available for selection. We will meet with them, NFF and the Technical executives at the glass house soon in Nigeria.

“We will also speak to the youth team coaches regarding Idem, ” Team Nigeria UK supremo David Doherty said to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Emmanuel Idem turned out for the youth teams of Arsenal and Stoke City prior to his move to Aston Villa in 2015.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19633
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Arsenal-Bound Nwakali, Okonkwo Amongst Scorers As Nigeria U20s Thrash Nationwide League Side
[/size]

The Flying Eagles will depart Abuja on an Ethiopian Airways flight on Wednesday, 6th July ahead of the first leg of their Africa U20 Nations Cup qualifier against Sudan, the Nigerian Federation has announced.

In their latest friendly held on Saturday, the Nigeria U20s thrashed Oyah Sports FC of Suleja 8-0, with Orji Okonkwo bagging a hat-trick.

Kehinde Ayinde (2), Umar Johnson, Samuel Chukwueze and Kelechi Nwakali also hit target for the Emmanuel Amuneke-led side.

Wolfsburg trainee Victor Osimhen is poised to make make his third international appearance for the Flying Eagles and should be in the traveling party to Khartoum, having resumed training last week after injury.

Before their trip to Sudan, the Flying Eagles will tackle City Strikers of Abuja on Tuesday in a scrimmage that will hold at the National Stadium in Abuja.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19634
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Talent Dennis Adeniran Training With Fulham First Team
[/size]

Dennis Adeniran is eager to break into the first team of Fulham in the 2016-2017 season.

The 17-year-old, who is an attacking midfielder, has been invited to train with the first team during pre-season and hopes to catch the eye of manager Slaviša Jokanović.

“It was a bit of a surprise but I worked hard last season and managed to break into the England team, so I like to think I’ve deserved it,” Adeniran told fulhamfc.com on Thursday.

“It’s a lot of work training with the First Team and you’re always expected to perform, but I’m starting to get used to it now, I’m getting into my groove.

“I expect a lot of myself, so I’m aiming to make my debut this season. It would mean a lot to me to do that with Fulham as I’ve been here since I was 13.”

Adeniran was in good form for the U18s team of Fulham last season and played some games for the U21s .

The London-born player represented England at the Under-17 European Championship in May.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19627
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Superkid Joshua Maja Pens Professional Contract With Sunderland
[/size]

The highly-rated Nigerian teen Joshua Maja has penned his first professional contract with English Premier League club Sunderland.

The 17-year-old striker is among the five players in the Academy Team of the Black Cats that has been rewarded with a professional deal, and has put pen to paper on a three-year contract that will keep him at the club until the summer of 2019.

Born in London, Maja represented the youth teams of Crystal Palace and Fulham, then moved to Manchester City, before committing his future to Sunderland in 2015.

Described as a technical striker, the teenager has not played competitively for the Stadium of Light outfit but has trained with the first team.

Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce is an admirer of Joshua Maja and has strongly hinted that he could hand him his debut in the near future.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19658
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:03am On Jul 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
U20 AFCON: Lagos to host Flying Eagles, Sudan return leg
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://hotsports.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Flying-Eagles.jpg[/img]
Lagos soccer fans will enjoy the privilege of watching national team football, as the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have confirmed the Flying Eagles African Cup of Nations (AFCON) U-20 qualifier against their Sudanese counterpart, July 23, at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, in Lagos.

The U-20 AFCON Qualifying clash between the Flying Eagles of Nigeria and their Sudanese counterparts in the second leg will be staged in ‎Lagos. The team had earlier hosted Burundi in Calabar, in what was their second leg ‎second round clash.

Nigeria are the defending U-20 AFCON champions following their 1-0 final win over Senegal at the 2015 edition and the overall winners ‎between Sudan and Nigeria will qualify for the next edition in Zambia in February. The four semi-finalists from the tournament in Zambia will qualify for the FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/07/u20-afcon-lagos-to-host-flying-eagles.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Osimhen fires Flying Eagles past impressive City Strikers
[/size]

Osimhen

Victor Osimhen scored the winning goal as Nigeria’s Flying Eagles defeated City Strikers 2-1 in a test match in Abuja Tuesday evening.

It was a hotly contested game with Gavin Thompson giving the Nigeria U20s a quickfire lead after 30 seconds.

Osimhen fresh from injury then blasted what will later prove to be the match winner in the 21st minute.

City Strikers, who are coached by former Nigeria U20 star Peter Ogaba, pulled a goal back in the second half through Ikenna Christopher.

The Flying Eagles are now scheduled to fly out to Sudan for a final U20 AFCON qualifying playoff on Thursday morning via Ethiopian Airlines.

Their match in Sudan will kick off 8pm Sunday night.
http://africanfootball.com/news/632988/Osimhen-fires-Flying-Eagles-past-impressive-City-Strikers
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Flying Eagles Now To Leave For Khartoum Thursday

‎ By NAN
[/size]

Flying Eagles

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has shifted the Flying Eagles departure for Khartoum for a 2017 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying match against Sudan, an official said on Tuesday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the national under-20 male football team was earlier scheduled to depart Nigeria on Wednesday for the first leg match of the qualifiers.

However, Adewale Ajayi, the team’s Media Officer, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the Flying Eagles would not be leaving on Wednesday as earlier scheduled.

“The team will now be departing Nigeria for Khartoum on Thursday at 12 noon aboard an Ethiopian Airlines flight.

“The reason for the delay might be due to ticketing issues,’’ he said.

Ajayi said the delay would however afford the team the opportunity to fine tune its strategies and tighten all loose ends concerning the trip.

“The team will now have one last training session on Wednesday before departing for Khartoum,’’ he said.

NAN recalls that the team had been billed to leave on Wednesday, after a friendly on Tuesday evening, which they won 2-1 against City Strikers FC of Abuja.

NAN also recalls that the match against Sudan was earlier fixed for Friday, but has now been moved to Sunday from 8 p.m. by the Sudanese Football Federation.(NAN
http://leadership.ng/sports/540712/flying-eagles-now-to-leave-for-khartoum-thursday
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by confun: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Abeg, any link for today's match my people?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria (U20)
Sudan vs Flying Eagles Sunday kick-off 6pm Nigerian time
[/size]
Sunday’s U20 AFCON qualifier between hosts Sudan and Nigeria’s Flying Eagles will be 6pm Nigerian time as against earlier announced time of 8pm.

The return leg will be played in Nigeria on July 22.

The overall winners will qualify the 2017 U20 AFCON in Zambia.

Sudan won a protest against Kenya for fielding ineligible players after both teams played out 1-1 in Sudan.

Nigeria beat Burundi 3-1 on aggregate to reach this final qualifying playoff.
africanfootball.com/news/633151/Sudan-vs-Flying-Eagles-Sunday-kick-off-6pm-Nigerian-time
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Kenya U20
Flying Eagles battle Sudan boiling heat
[/size]
Flying Eagles are not going to face hosts Sudan in tonight’s U20AFCON qualifier in Omdurman, they will also be up against the boiling heat in the country.

Kick-off time is 6pm Nigerian time and officials said they hope this timing will bring down the high temperature.

“It is very hope here, I hope the boys will be able to cope,” one official told AfricanFootball.com
The return leg match will be on July 23 with the overall winners qualifying for the U20 AFCON in Zambia in February.

To reach this final qualifying round, Sudan won a protest over Kenya after both teams played out a 1-1 in Sudan, while the Flying Eagles beat Burundi 3-1 on aggregate.
africanfootball.com/news/633245/Flying-Eagles-battle-Sudan-boiling-heat

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U20 set for Sudan showdown in Omdurman
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/46/9d/emmanuel-amuneke_1lgub1v5jvekd1qyp19oudmwni.jpg?t=-1397129597&w=620&h=430[/img]
Emmanuel Amuneke's side have settled well and are great shape ahead of their Afcon U20 qualifier against Sudan in Omdurma
Nigeria U20 side are set to battle their Sudanese counterparts in the first leg, final round of the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations in Khartoum on Sunday.

They had earlier defeated Burundi 3-1 on aggregate in the first must negotiate their way past the north Africans to qualify for the competition billed for Zambia in 2017.

Emmanuel Amuneke's lads had departed Abuja via an Ethiopian airline on Thursday evening and stopped over briefly in Addis Ababa before connecting to the Sudan capital city.

After nearly 24 hours long flight trip, the Flying Eagles arrived Khartoum on Friday night and had one hour to train under floodlight on an artificial turf in the hosts' city.

They had a feel of the official pitch for the match, Al-Merrikh Stadium, home ground of Al-Merrikh SC and the Sudan national team on Saturday to put finishing touches to their preparations.

The game is billed for 6pm Nigerian time which is 8pm at the 43,000 capacity stadium with the hosts expected to play all in red jersey, while Nigeria will wear an all white outfit.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/11242/nigeria-u20/2016/07/10/25485272/nigeria-u20-set-for-sudan-showdown-in-omdurman
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
Red haired Nigerian U-20 midfielder Gavi Thompson popularly referred to as “Paul Scholes” is the shock inclusion in Nigeria U-20s starting 11 against Sudan in the first leg of the final round of qualifiers for the 2017 Africa Youth Championship.

Thompson was preferred ahead of team’s regular midfielder Kingsley Michael who drops to the bench while Tobechukwu Ibeh comes in for the injured John Lazaruz who didn’t make the trip.

The game will kickoff by 6pm Nigerian time but 8pm in Sudan.

Starting 11:

1. Akpan Udoh
2. Tobechukwu Ibeh
3. Udochukwu Anumudu
4. Ejike Ikwu
5. Lukman Zakari
6. Agor Chukwudi
7. Gavi Thompson
8. Samuel Chukwueze
9. Victor Osimhen
10. Kelechi Nwakali
11. Orji Okonkwo

Chai, this Nigga beat me to the news.
Formidable squad I must say except for the absence of defense strong man ,John Lazarus.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Kenya U20
'Paul Scholes' Gavi Thompson starts for Flying Eagles, Osimhen leads attack
[/size]

Kelechi Nwakali leads out Flying Eagles in Sudan

Midfielder Gavi Thompson aka Paul Scholes will start for Nigeria’s Flying Eagles in tonight’s crucial U20 AFCON qualifier in Sudan.

The red-haired, all-action midfielder has broken into the Flying Eagles first team after some superb displays and goals in test games recently.

Otherwise, coach Emmanuel Amuneke has kept faith with the spine of his team from the U17s led by skipper Kelechi Nwakali and supported by Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze.

Flying Eagles starting XI vs Sudan
Udoh – Udochukwu Anumudu, Ibe Tobechukwu, Usman Zakari, Ejike Ikwu – Chukwudi Agor, Gavi Thompson, Kelechi Nwakali, Okonkwo Orji, Samuel Chukwueze, Victor Osimhen
africanfootball.com/news/633247/Paul-Scholes-Gavi-Thompson-starts-for-Flying-Eagles-Osimhen-leads-attack
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
0:0 20 minutes

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
1:0

Sudan take the lead... 31 minutes
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
It's ok,we have ways to go.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Half time

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
56 mins:

Sudan
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
tbaba1234:
56 mins:

Sudan

From the way the team struggled against Burundi on both legs i knew dey were nt d best crop for this U20.

I have always maintained dat d U20 is far more competitive than d U17.

Amuneke should open this team to other players dat were nt part of d last U17. This was part of what affected our last U20 & Amuneke is already towing dat path.

I hope dey manage to pull through this one.

This team needs the injection of more experienced U20 players.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
1: 1

Nigeria equalize.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
Icon4s:

From the way the team struggled against Burundi on both legs i knew dey were nt d best crop for this U20.

I have always maintained dat d U20 is far more competitive than d U17.

Amuneke should open this team to other players dat were nt part of d last U17. This was part of what affected our last U20 & Amuneke is already towing dat path.

I hope dey manage to pull through this one.

This team needs the injection of more experienced U20 players.
HE need to call YAHAYA and MATHEW immediately ahead of return leg, we cannot s afford to miss out of this competion

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
ok better
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Goal by Samuel Chukwueze

81 minutes

1: 1
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
83 minutes

1:1

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigeria take the lead

2:1

Osimhen scores

86 minutes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (38) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Caught Fingering Marcelo As They Celebrate Against Valencia / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.