Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (86088 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
leonbob:

Update on match pls
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Burundi U20
Nigeria's Flying Eagles dump Burundi to set up Sudan showdown
[/size]

Flying Eagles flew past Burundi

by Samm Audu

Nigeria’s Flying Eagles defeated their counterparts from Burundi 2-1 to qualify for an U20 AFCON qualifying final playoff against Sudan next month on a 3-1 aggregate.

The winners between Nigeria and Sudan will book a place at next year’s U20 AFCON final tournament in Zambia.

Victor Osimhen scored from the penalty spot after 73 minutes to put the Flying Eagles in front after Samuel Chukwueze was fouled inside the box.

Skipper Kelechi Nwakali made it 2-0 in the 81stminute, when he drove home a free kick from 23 yards.

However, Burundi pulled a goal back a minute from full time when Ndikumana Magloire cashed in on laxity in the Flying Eagles defence to make hay.

Nigeria won the first leg 1-0 in Bujumbura last month.

The fans at the UJ Esuene Stadium in the coastal town of Calabar were entertained by the passing game of the Flying Eagles, who though struggled to put the ball in the back of the net.

The home team enjoyed the better chances to go in front in this qualifier.

As early as the third minute, Tunisia-based defender Zakari missed an open goal and four minutes later, Osimhen’s effort was cleared off the goal line.

The Flying Eagles continued to pile on the pressure in search of a goal and in the 31stminute match winner in the first encounter Chukwudi Agor thought he had finally broken the deadlock, but the referee cancelled the effort for offside.

The Burundi goalkeeper Moussa Omar then pulled off a big save in the 38thminute, when he kept out a shot from the edge of the box.

And minutes later, skipper Kelechi Nwakali’s rocket misses narrowly.

The misses continued in the second half with Zakari’s header missing by the whisker on 59 minutes

However, late goals by Osimhen and Nwakali were enough to turn back Burundi and set up a clash with Sudan on July 8.
africanfootball.com/news/630740/Nigerias-Flying-Eagles-dump-Burundi-to-set-up-Sudan-showdown
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
Congrats to the young lads. They should keep working hard.

Please, Chukwueze's agents should sell Chukwueze to a club with a good offer. Rejecting Monaco's one million euros offer is just greed.

His agents should help the boy to start his career and put aside monetary greed.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
leonbob:

Update on match pls
Sorry for the late reply Sir.
I was not on air
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Riyad Mahrez who won the PFA player of the year of the English Premier League cost Leicester City 500,000 euros and Chukwueze's agent and manager is rejecting 1,000,000 euros. That is double the price of Mahrez.

Sell the boy. Let him start his career.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:37am On Jun 12, 2016
[size=14pt]
Tosin Kehinde, Matthew Olosunde Included On Manchester United Retained List
[/size]

Premier League powerhouse Manchester United have published their retained and released list ahead of the 2016-2017 season.

Midfielder Tosin Kehinde and United States youth international of Nigerian descent Matthew Olosunde were both included on the list of players retained by the Old Trafford outfit.

Born in Lagos before relocating to the United Kingdom, the 17-year-old Kehinde is yet to make his first team debut for Manchester United having joined the club in July 2014.

He is one of the stars in the U18 side and featured in the UEFA Youth League during the 2015-2016 campaign, scoring in the 2-0 win over Wolfsburg in December.

The New Jersey native Olosunde completed his switch to Manchester United in March .
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19392

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:40am On Jun 12, 2016
[size=14pt]
Promising Nigerian Defender Joshua Debayo Offered New Deal By Southampton
[/size]

Southampton have offered a contract extension to the promising Nigerian teenager Joshua Debayo, writes the official webpage of the Premier League.

The 19-year-old was one of the players retained by the Saints when the Premier League published the list of retained players on Friday.

A product of the academy team of Chelsea, Adebayo joined Southampton from the Blues in 2013 before penning a professional contract the same year after displaying his wares for the U18s.

Described as a pacy and athletic defender, he was a left fullback before he was converted to a central defender.

Ex-Arsenal striker Olufela Olomola penned a two-year deal with the St Mary’s outfit in May.

Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19393

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Burundi U20
Nigeria's Flying Eagles dump Burundi to set up Sudan showdown
[/size]

Flying Eagles flew past Burundi

by Samm Audu

Nigeria’s Flying Eagles defeated their counterparts from Burundi 2-1 to qualify for an U20 AFCON qualifying final playoff against Sudan next month on a 3-1 aggregate.

The winners between Nigeria and Sudan will book a place at next year’s U20 AFCON final tournament in Zambia.

Victor Osimhen scored from the penalty spot after 73 minutes to put the Flying Eagles in front after Samuel Chukwueze was fouled inside the box.

Skipper Kelechi Nwakali made it 2-0 in the 81stminute, when he drove home a free kick from 23 yards.

However, Burundi pulled a goal back a minute from full time when Ndikumana Magloire cashed in on laxity in the Flying Eagles defence to make hay.

Nigeria won the first leg 1-0 in Bujumbura last month.

The fans at the UJ Esuene Stadium in the coastal town of Calabar were entertained by the passing game of the Flying Eagles, who though struggled to put the ball in the back of the net.

The home team enjoyed the better chances to go in front in this qualifier.

As early as the third minute, Tunisia-based defender Zakari missed an open goal and four minutes later, Osimhen’s effort was cleared off the goal line.

The Flying Eagles continued to pile on the pressure in search of a goal and in the 31stminute match winner in the first encounter Chukwudi Agor thought he had finally broken the deadlock, but the referee cancelled the effort for offside.

The Burundi goalkeeper Moussa Omar then pulled off a big save in the 38thminute, when he kept out a shot from the edge of the box.

And minutes later, skipper Kelechi Nwakali’s rocket misses narrowly.

The misses continued in the second half with Zakari’s header missing by the whisker on 59 minutes

However, late goals by Osimhen and Nwakali were enough to turn back Burundi and set up a clash with Sudan on July 8.
africanfootball.com/news/630740/Nigerias-Flying-Eagles-dump-Burundi-to-set-up-Sudan-showdown
[/b]

Congratulations to d boys and coaching crew.

However I am nt so comfortable with the scoreline especially bc we are at this stage of the qualifiers.

We know hu d heavy weights are at d U20 level in Africa and Burundi is nt one of them. On both legs the Flying Eagles scored three late goals meaning they laboured very hard to beat Burundi.

I know some might say there are no more minnows in African football but as i said we know hu d power houses are at this level of the game.

This is a team we expect to win us the WYC next year.

My advice to Emma Amuneke is to draw a seperate list of Nigerian players hu are U20 and are doing well in Europe; camp them with d current crop from his U17 winning squad and select d best for Nigeria.

The next stage of qualifiers would b some time in July and our foreign players would still b on break. I expect to see the following players in our next qualifiers: Chidozie Awaziem, Sadiq Umar, Nura Abdullahi, Taiwo Awoniyi(should b dropped from d Olympic team, Musa Yahaya, Ifeanyi Mathew amomg others.

Amuneke should nt tow d line of Siasia by adopting the "my boys" policy. He should nt stick to his U17 boys. He should instead throw open the camp to every elligible performing Nigerian player.

I believe this set is good enough to win us that U20 trophy. Amuneke should nt blow that chance.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Pavarotti: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Ogo Obi Nigerian 18 year Old at Watford

Wouldn't hurt to have him at least tryout with Amunekes U21s

http://www.soccerassembly.com/forums/topic/watfords-ogo-obi-eyeing-1st-team-action-next-season/

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
I have a dream.... yes... a dream... I say, a dream... oh yes, a dream... that one day.... oh yes one day... I say one day... oneeee dayyyyy.... FC Porto of Portugal will become known as FC Naija Porto... Lollll.... grin grin grin

From Chidozie Awaziem, to Chidera Ezeh, to Musa Yahaya, to Fidelis Irhene, and now to Moses John.... The Nigerian contingent at Porto is well represented. Even Samuel Chukwueze is under FC Porto's radar and might likely secure a move to Porto.
Even Mikel Agu is still tied to FC Porto too.

FC Naija Porto... I dey hail una ooo... Something tells me, they are preparing for Post-Russia 2018 World cup years when Nigeria will be ruling the African and world game for good... When our Next Super Golden Generation fully rises to be counted worthy... wink

..........................................................................................

EXCLUSIVE: FC PORTO SIGN NIGERIAN PROSPECT MOSES JOHN

Moses John of Mutunchi Football Academy will in the coming days travel to Portugal to join the Nigerian quartet of Chidozie Awaziem,Chidera Ezeh,Musa Yahaya and Fidelis Irhene at Portuguese giant FC Porto.

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that Moses caught the attention of scouts from the Portuguese side during a recent tournament organised by Gee-Lec Football Academy in Abuja, same tournament from which FC Porto got their latest defence sensation Chidozie Awaziem 18 months ago.

He has already submitted his international passport to the Portuguese Embassy in Abuja and will be issued an entry visa before the end of this month in order for him to travel for a routine medical before signing a long term deal.

18 year old Moses is a forward who can play anywhere in attack due to his pace and skills however he is more comfortable playing as a top striker and that was the role he played the few times he was watched by scouts of FC Porto.

Represented by popular Nigerian player agent Babawo Mohammed he will join the first team of FC Porto in pre season training and if he impresses the technical crew he will remain with the main team although he is expected to play more for the B team who are in the second division.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/17/exclusive-fc-porto-sign-nigerian-prospect-moses-john/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by oloriooko(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2016
Icon4s:

Congratulations to d boys and coaching crew.

However I am nt so comfortable with the scoreline especially bc we are at this stage of the qualifiers.

We know hu d heavy weights are at d U20 level in Africa and Burundi is nt one of them. On both legs the Flying Eagles scored three late goals meaning they laboured very hard to beat Burundi.

I know some might say there are no more minnows in African football but as i said we know hu d power houses are at this level of the game.

This is a team we expect to win us the WYC next year.

My advice to Emma Amuneke is to draw a seperate list of Nigerian players hu are U20 and are doing well in Europe; camp them with d current crop from his U17 winning squad and select d best for Nigeria.

The next stage of qualifiers would b some time in July and our foreign players would still b on break. I expect to see the following players in our next qualifiers: Chidozie Awaziem, Sadiq Umar, Nura Abdullahi, Taiwo Awoniyi(should b dropped from d Olympic team, Musa Yahaya, Ifeanyi Mathew amomg others.

Amuneke should nt tow d line of Siasia by adopting the "my boys" policy. He should nt stick to his U17 boys. He should instead throw open the camp to every elligible performing Nigerian player.

I believe this set is good enough to win us that U20 trophy. Amuneke should nt blow that chance.

Nice idea but the problem our football has is NFF
NFF has failed to make football lucrative and finding it totally difficult to finance our national teams. I will not be surprised if Amuneke is being owed salaries.
The coaches have laudable programs but will never see the light of the day cuz NFF is docile no cash, no sponsors, no programs

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2016

ARSENAL BOUND NWAKALI SCORES WINNER IN FLYING EAGLES 2-1 FRIENDLY WIN

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria defeated a giant looking Okagbue United FC of Anambra by 2-1 with Arsenal’s latest acquisition Kelechi Nwakali hitting a second half winner for the Nigeria U-20s.

Top striker Victor Osimhen gave the Flying Eagles a first half lead after good work from Samuel Chukwueze who could still join Nwakali at Arsenal despite strong interest from FC Porto and Monaco.

Okagbue United who were very physical and huge in size in comparism to the U-20s drew level in the second half and were running away with a draw until Nwakali rifled home a winner for the Flying Eagles.

The captain unleashed a blinder from the edge of the box of the opponent straight into the net after receiving a short corner kick from Kingsley Michael few minutes to the end of the game.

Heavy rainfall affected the fluidity of the passing game of the Flying Eagles but they hanged on to pass what was a severe physical test ahead of the next round of qualifiers for the 2017 Africa Youth Championship.

Nigeria defending Champions at U-20 level will take on Sudan in the next round of qualifiers for next year Africa U-20 Championship after seeing off Burundi with victories over the two legged tie with a 3-1 aggregate score.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/19/arsenal-bound-nwakali-scores-winner-in-flying-eagles-2-1-friendly-win/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke Will Be The First Coach To Win Fifa U20 World Cup For Nigeria, Club Supremo Predicts
[/size]

CEO of ASJ Academy Emeka Amajiriaku has predicted that ex-Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amuneke will be the first coach to win the Fifa U20 World Cup for Nigeria, adding that he has been working with the players in camp for a long time.

Amajiriaku’s hypothesis will be tested if the Nigeria U20s can play 13 more competitive matches leading up to the showpiece game at the Fifa U20 World Cup on June 11, 2017 at the Suwon World Cup Stadium in South Korea.

“The bulk of his team is clustered around his U17 players because they have been together for long and they have understanding, ” Amajiriaku told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“Watch how the team is going and I have already given my prediction that Amuneke will win the first ever U20 World Cup for Nigeria.”

So far, the Flying Eagles displays have ticked the right boxes, beating Burundi home and away to advance to the last round of the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19474
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by solotutu(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
@TheSuperNerd, terzurum the miss Nairaland contest starts tomorrow, please vote Lanicky for Miss nl. She fits, deserves and worth it. Thanks
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 3:13am On Jun 20, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke Will Be The First Coach To Win Fifa U20 World Cup For Nigeria, Club Supremo Predicts
[/size]

CEO of ASJ Academy Emeka Amajiriaku has predicted that ex-Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amuneke will be the first coach to win the Fifa U20 World Cup for Nigeria, adding that he has been working with the players in camp for a long time.

Amajiriaku’s hypothesis will be tested if the Nigeria U20s can play 13 more competitive matches leading up to the showpiece game at the Fifa U20 World Cup on June 11, 2017 at the Suwon World Cup Stadium in South Korea.

“The bulk of his team is clustered around his U17 players because they have been together for long and they have understanding, ” Amajiriaku told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“Watch how the team is going and I have already given my prediction that Amuneke will win the first ever U20 World Cup for Nigeria.”

So far, the Flying Eagles displays have ticked the right boxes, beating Burundi home and away to advance to the last round of the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19474
[/b]

We don't need this type of distraction.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by linked: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2016
K. Nwakali to have the number 25 shirt for arsenal.... The former shirt number of Nwankwo kanu...

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by linked: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2016
I would love to see M. Yahaya, C. Ezeh, A. Idowu with this group... Amuneke should give them a try..

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
AS Roma have completed the permanent signing of Nigerian Super Youngsters, Sadiq Umar (forward) and Nura Abdullahi (Right Back).

Recall that Sadiq is reported to be included in the list for the US camping of the Nigerian U-23 For Rio 2016.

The deal for both Sadiq and Nura combined was worth 5million Euros, reportedly.

Congrats lads. smiley

Like Safarigirl said in the Olympics/U-23 thread, ""We are going back to the days when Nigerian footballers had a significant presence in World Football"

Nigeria's Next Golden Generation rises.... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2016

FLYING EAGLES THRASH SUPER LION ACADEMY IN FRIENDLY GAME

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria warming up for their next U-20 AFCON 2017 qualifiers against Sudan warmed up for the encounter by beating Super Lion Academy 4-0 in a friendly game.

Funsho Bamgboye opened scoring for the Nigerian team in the 5th minutes before West Ham United and Sporting Lisbon target Chukwudi Agor doubled the Amuneke lead lads in the 30th minute.

Four minutes after Agor’s goal, trialist Elijah punished Super Lions by scoring the third goal to give the Nigeria U-20s a respectable 3-0 lead going into the half time break.

Five minutes after the restart top striker Victor Osimhen wrapped up the victory with the fourth goal to completely kill off any hope of Super Lions Academy staging a late fight.

Since defeating Burundi 3-1 on aggregate in the last qualifying round the team has now won the two test games they have played as they gear up for their next qualifiers against Sudan in three weeks time.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/22/flying-eagles-thrash-super-lion-academy-in-friendly-game/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2016

FLYING EAGLES ONCE AGAIN VICTORIOUS OVER RIO 2016 BOUND U-23s IN SEVEN GOAL THRILLER

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria once again confirmed their supremacy over their seniors in the hierarchy of Nigeria national teams the U-23s with a 4-3 victory over the Olympic bound team, their second victory against the team in just over a month.

It took the Flying Eagles of Nigeria 10 minutes to take the lead through Orji Okonkwo after nice play form Chukwueze but the lead lasted for just 16 minutes before Saviour Godwin restored parity for the Nigeria U-23s.

Victor Osimhen who at a time was a part of the U-23s showed the Olympic bound team a bit of why he is so highly rated by setting up Orji with an intelligent pass that caught the backline of the U-23s napping with Orji finishing off nicely for his and the U-20s second goal.

The U-23s pile forward in search of a leveler only for them to be caught out by a fast counter attack from the U-20s which resulted in a corner kick from which FC Porto bound Samuel Chukwueze scored the third goal for the Flying Eagles all thanks to some atrocious defending from the Samson Siasia lead U-23s.

Dream Team VI returned from the half time break turbo charged to claw back the two goals deficit but were lucky not to have fallen further behind few minutes after the restart with Chukwueze wasting a glorious chance to put the game beyond the reach of the U-23s.

Four minutes from the half hour mark Oghenekaro Etebo reduced the scores to 3-2 with a smart finish from the edge of the box after the Amuneke lead U-20 failed to clear their lines properly.

Victor Osimhen finally got the goal his performance deserve with the fourth goal for the Flying Eagles which restored their two goal cushion and took the scores to 4-2 with just over 20 minutes left to play.

Shehu Abdullahi reduced the deficit for the Samson Siasia lead team once again with few minutes left to play tucking home a rebound from a well taken freekick from Etebo to bring the final scores to 4-3 in favour of the U-20s.

The victory over the U-23s once again will raise question mark about the team chances of qualifying from the group stage of the Olympic where they are in group B alongside Sweden, Colombia and Japan.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/25/flying-eagles-once-again-victorious-over-rio-2016-bound-u-23s-in-seven-goal-thriller/

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NIGERIA U-20s DEFENDER ZAKARI BATTLING TO BE FIT FOR SUDAN TIE
[/size]

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria dependable defender Lukman Zakari is an injury doubt ahead of their 2017 Africa Youth Championship qualifiers against Sudan.

Zakari played through the pain barrier in their last game against Burundi where he emerged as the man of the match but has only trained thrice since the start of preparations for the game against Sudan in three weeks time.

17 year old Zakari who signed a pre contract with Tunisian side Sfaxien missed the team’s 4-3 win over the Nigeria U-23s due to the injury although he was seen at the stadium going through his paces with the aid of the team doctor while the game was on.

In his absence the central defence duo of Ejike Ikwu and Samuel Opeh have so far lived up to expectation although coach Emmanuel Amuneke can’t wait to have Zakari back after his displeasure at the way they conceded thrice against the U-23s on Saturday.

A member of the U-17 winning team of 2015 he is rated as one of the best teen defensive prospect in the youth team set up of the Nigeria national team.

*Ahmed Ishaya
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/27/nigeria-u-20s-defender-zakari-battling-to-be-fit-for-sudan-tie/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: REAL MADRID TARGET ABDULLAHI HEADING TO SPEZIA ENROUTE ROMA
[/size]

16 year old Nigerian forward Suleiman Abdullahi who is a reportedly a target for Spanish giants Real Madrid is presently in Italy getting set for pre season training with Serie B side, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Football Academy Abuja, Abdullahi caught the interest of Real Madrid during the recently concluded Mladen Ramljak tournament in Croatia where he emerged as top scorer with nine goals including a goal in their 3-1 win over Real Madrid in the final.

Real Madrid made inquiries over his availability but AS Roma who have long have an interest in the 16 year old appears to have won the race for his signature with the player set to join Serie B side Spezia on a deal that could see him join Roma after a season with the Primavera side of the Serie B side.

Abdullahi’s deal with Spezia is similar to the one that took Sadiq Umar and Nura Abdullahi to Roma after a season with the Primavera side of Spezia a sign of the strength of Roma’s strong relationship with the Serie B side.

Three Nigerians will take part in Spezia’s pre season training with Tahir Maigini and David Okereke also lined up for pre season training.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/27/exclusive-real-madrid-target-abdullahi-heading-to-spezia-enroute-roma/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:44am On Jun 28, 2016
[size=14pt]
Exclusive : NK Domzale Hoping To Complete Signing Of Ex-Nigeria U17s Star
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Slovenian PrvaLiga club NK Domžale are hoping to complete the signing of former Nigeria U17 international Joel Osikel in the next one week.

The Young Eleven midfielder clocked 18 on June 17th and is now eligible to pen a professional contract.

NK Domžale are expected to send contract documents to Osikel’s camp to study before the end of this week, and if they are satisfied with the terms, the player will append his signature to a four-year deal.

The Nigeria youth-teamer is back in Slovenia undergoing pre-season training with The Yellows.

He was linked with possible moves to teams based in Spain and Belgium after the Fifa Under 17 World Cup.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19572

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Kelechi Nwakali: What Will He Bring To Arsenal?
[/size]

Nigerian rising star Kelechi Nwakali has finally completed his move to Arsenal and has tweeted that a new phase of his life has begun at the north London club.

Interestingly, the starlet had arrived at London Colney alongside former Arsenal striker Nwankwo Kanu to meet with manager Arsene Wenger to sign a contract with the club but owing to FIFA’s regulations that do not allow the transfer of minors unless, within the European Union (enjoy the irony with UK exiting the EU), he could not feature for the Gunners last season. On 5th of June, the youngster completed his eighteenth birthday and thus could finally make the much-anticipated move to the Emirates Stadium.

Talking to the media he said: “I just came back from London, I have signed a five-year contract with Arsenal. So many teams were interested in me but it has been my dream at a tender age to play for Arsenal.”

Now that the deal is materialised, making Nwakali the second signing of the summer for the Gunners, let’s discuss his prospects and the level of expectations that could be entrusted to him.

Given Arsene Wenger’s knack to believe in youngsters, most of which have found success, the signing of Nwakali is certainly another addition after a detailed scrutiny. The Frenchman is strengthening his midfield after the departure of Mathieu Flamini, Mikel Arteta, and Tomas Rosicky. The signing of Granit Xhaka and now Kelechi Nwakali is a reflection that Wenger wants to impose a serious title challenge next season by mixing youth with the reputed one.
[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/adidas-golden-ball-winner-kelechi-nwakali-and-adidas-golden-boot-and-picture-id496333890[/img]
VINA DEL MAR, CHILE - NOVEMBER 08: adidas Golden Ball winner Kelechi Nwakali (L) and adidas Golden Boot and Silver Ball winner Victor Osimhen pose with their trophies after the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015 Final between Mali and Nigeria at Estadio Sausalito on November 8, 2015 in Vina del Mar, Chile. (Photo by Alex Grimm - FIFA/FIFA via Getty Images)

Nwakali is a box-to-box midfielder who is often compared to the former Arsenal skipper Patrick Vieira. He was the skipper of Nigerian Under-17 side that bagged the glory last year at Chile, scoring on three occasions. The then Diamond Football Academy star attracted interest from the big teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Udinese, Sporting Lisbon, Olympiakos and West Ham United after he was adjudged the player of the tournament.

In the shape of Nwakali, Monsieur Wenger will have to option to throw a youngster who has an impressive range of passing, strong physique, energetic presence and enormous confidence into the first team squad. The 2015-16 season was a breakthrough season for his fellow Nigerian Kelechi Iheanacho, so will the next season be the same for Kelechi Nwakali?

Nwakali would get into the central midfield slot which has been a long-term problem for Arsenal. A young gun with enormous potential, Nwakali is a player Arsenal needs at the moment to tighten the screws going into the fresh season. Of course, he could be yet another flop in the list of youngsters who never stepped up to the scene, but he does have what it takes to make himself count.

We are all hoping he goes the Iwobi route, though. Apologies for this not being a more detailed scout report as per usual but unfortunately we would not find much more on this Nigerian. If any of our Nigerian fans know any more about him, please feel free to comment below.
http://the4thofficial.net/2016/06/kelechi-nwakali-what-will-he-bring-to-arsenal/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Talented Nigerian Teen Aaron Eyoma Resumes Training At Arsenal
[/size]

Talented Nigerian winger Aaron Eyoma has resumed training with Arsenal U21s ahead of the forthcoming season.

The 18-year-old was present at London Colney on Tuesday as the young Gunners held their first training session since the conclusion of the 2015-2016 campaign.

Eyoma began last season with Arsenal U18s’ side but was called up for few games for the U21 team in the U21 Premier League, getting a taste of action against Derby County and Blackburn Rovers.

Born in London, the teenager is highly regarded at Arsenal, with the Londoners offering him a professional contract in the winter transfer market.

He was eligible to represent Arsenal in the Champions League and Premier League last term but did not make a single appearance for the first team.

Igho Kingsley
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19583
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Austria-born Nigerian wants to play for F’Eagles
[/size]

’Tana Aiyejina

Austria-born Nigerian footballer Jeffrey Egbe has indicated his interest of playing for Nigeria’s U-20 national team, the Flying Eagles.

Born in Innsbruck, Austria, to a Nigerian father, the 18-year-old midfielder has been in fantastic form for Tirol Academy, where he has honed his skills since 2012.

Egbe has caught the eye with his versatility, being able to play anywhere in midfield and attack. He models his game after his favourite player, the Frenchman Paul Pogba.

According to former Nigerian footballer Emmanuel Akwuegbu, Egbe can bring quality to the current Flying Eagles team.

“Even though Jeff holds an Austrian passport, he has always wanted to play for the country of his father. He is one of the best and exciting youngsters in Austrian football at the moment and I believe that playing for Nigeria will further enhance his career ambitions,” Akwuegbu said.

Born on March 27, 1998, the 1.87cm tall Egbe had played for the youth teams of SK Wilten, FC Wacker Innsbruck and Innsbruck AC before joining Tirol four years ago.
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=2721056
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
[size=14pt]
Kehinde Ayinde shines as Flying Eagles trounce Amakson again
[/size]

Flying Eagles Coach Emmanuel Amuneke

Striker Kehinde Ayinde scored twice as the Flying Eagles again trounced Amakson Academy of Abuja 4-1 in a test match Wednesday morning.

The Nigeria U20s are preparing for a final U20 AFCON qualifier against Sudan next month.

Ayinde was on target in the 28 and 35 minutes.

The Flying Eagles other scorers were Chinedu Maduekwe in the sixth minute and Orji Okonkwo after 74 minutes.

Amakson scored a consolation goal six minutes from full time.

The Flying Eagles are away to Sudan on July 8 in an U20 AFCON qualifier with the return leg in Nigeria a fortnight later.
http://africanfootball.com/news/632499/Kehinde-Ayinde-shines-as-Flying-Eagles-trounce-Amakson-again

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Watford Join West Ham In Race For Nigeria U20s Star Chukwudi Agor
[/size]

Watford have joined Premier League rival West Ham in the race for Nigeria U20 international Chukwudi Agor, according to the CEO of his club, Emeka Amajiriaku.

The Hammers had been the early frontrunners to secure the signature of the ASJ Academy midfielder, having made a bid of €200,000 but now face competition, with the Hornets opening talks with his representatives.

“We are studying offers from West Ham and Watford, we want a team that can develop the player , ” ASJ supremo Emeka Amajiriaku said to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“So we are not after his transfer fees or wages, we don’t want a situation where he is signed and he is dumped soon after

“We have documents from Watford, we believe we can broker a better deal apart from these two teams in England. So many teams have been calling us that they want Chukwudi. ”

Chukwudi Agor becomes eligible to pen a professional contract with any of his suitors when he clocks 18 on November 26.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19591
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke, Flying Eagles coaches owed 7 months' pay
[/size]

Amuneke

Coaches of the Nigeria U20 team, the Flying Eagles, have not been paid their salaries for seven months and counting, AfricanFootball.com can specially reveal.

AfricanFootball.com can also confirm that neither have they been paid their bonuses and allowances, same also with the players despite progressing to the final round of qualifiers for the 2017 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.

A top management staff of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) told AfricanFootball.com: “It has been a tough period for us (NFF) because even the Flying Eagles coaches have not been paid for about seven months now.”

The NFF top-shot was responding to a question about whether they have started paying the monies owed the late former technical director, Shuaibu Amodu.

While refusing to confirm if they had fulfilled their financial obligations to the late former Nigeria coach, he however admitted that they ‘still owe’ some coaches.

“The truth of the matter is we still owe some coaches but I cannot confirm what you’re asking right now,” he added.

Further investigations have also revealed that the Flying Eagles are yet to be paid bonuses for the wins over Burundi in the second round of the U20 AFCON qualifiers and neither have they been given their camp allowances.

By Chris Oguguo
http://africanfootball.com/news/632319/Amuneke-Flying-Eagles-coaches-owed-7-months-pay
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: SURGERY DENIES CHIDERA EZEH PRE SEASON TRAINING WITH FC PORTO FIRST TEAM
[/size]

Former Nigeria U-17 and 20 forward Chidera Ezeh has been denied a big chance to impress first team handlers of Portuguese side FC Porto in pre season after surgery on his shoulders.

Ezeh who had a breathrough year with the U-18s of FC Porto has been pencilled down for pre season training with the first team but a shoulder injury picked up towards the end of last season has rubbed him off the chance to rub shoulders with the big boys of the Portuguese team.

Presently in Nigeria recuperating he will return to Portugal next month to complete his rehabilitation after which he will be expected to push for a spot in the B team of FC Porto that finished as champions of the second division last season.

FC Porto is currently the home to five Nigerian players namely Chidozie Awaziem,Mikel Agu,Fidelis Irhene,Chidera Ezeh and Musa Yahaya.

However that number will soon turn to seven with Moses John and Samuel Chukwueze set to join them this summer.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/30/exclusive-surgery-denies-chidera-ezeh-pre-season-training-with-fc-porto-first-team/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Liverpool Whizkid Bobby Adekanye In Great Shape For Pre-Season, Dad Reveals
[/size]

Liverpool winger Bobby Adekanye is as fit as a fiddle and ready to display his much-heralded talents during pre-season training, his dad Ademola Adekanye has revealed.

There was a lot of fanfare when the Nigerian-born talent joined The Reds from Barcelona, but injuries curtailed his appearances for the U18s squad last term.

“Bobby is fit and is now in Liverpool. He has already started training with Liverpool. We want to forget about his injury problems of last season, ” Ademola Adekanye told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Bobby Adekanye had damaged his ligaments while playing for the Netherlands U17s earlier this year and missed out on the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship because of the injury.

The 17-year-old penned a three-year deal with Liverpool in July 2015.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19599
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply)

Christian Obodo Crashes His Car In Accident (Photos) / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Odion Ighalo In Man United Jersey In Throw Back Picture!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.