Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (56156 Views)

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra  7 / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by tivta(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2015
This is bad, I don't want war, it's unfortunate those calling for war have not witnessed it first hand.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by gungab(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2015
it is only poor ibo's that is agitating for biafra,these rich men are comfortable in Lagos and abj with there business and looting.smh
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Btruth: 8:31am On Nov 08, 2015
I think I'm in support of the Igbo to go and form their country. Enough of the agitation, so that we remaining Nigeria can move on. If there's anything that we don't want in stopping building us (true Nigeria) up as strong nation is distraction. I wish them goodluck, all my Ibo friends, I wish you all goodluck. Though I will miss you guys, but we will always pay each other a visit or we will meet for overseas.

Happy Sunday to Nigeria and Biafra.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Btruth: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Btruth post=39796043]I think I'm in support of the Igbo to go and form their country. Enough of the agitation, so that we remaining Nigeria can move on.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by smartn09(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2015
This news is last week commentary from radio Biafra. How did it got here? Op you are guilty of this.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Billygee2u: 8:33am On Nov 08, 2015
Oildichotomy:
I am getting more sympathetic to this Biafran cause as Nigeria political events unfolds daily before my eyes.

In any case, while their agitation may sound absurd to the parasites i still believe somewhat that the Biafra struggle is just. For christ sakes, The Igbo group is a majority ethnic group in Nigeria-- to think the other groups will always conspire and align to undermine the Igbo interest in my opinion leaves room for anarchy and also a pre-cursor to violence.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2015
RichieF27:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/britain-toys-with-woes-of-another-biafra/

The only reason Britain and co do not want Biafra is this.

They need a christian or Jewish presence in Sub-Saharan Africa to check the excessiveness of Muslim extremists.
Whatever way can this be accomplished but by planting Christianity/Judaism in Southern part of Western Africa and then joining strange bed fellows all in the name of a country.
History has it that Islam conquered Christianity in Europe, they do not want a repeat and that is y they came up with the idea of planting Christianity down here to keep Islam 'busy' and thus shift attention from them.

They also cunningly planted Israel in the middle East for the same reason. Keep Islam "busy" down there so that at least we can live in peace.

But now Islam has come to their very doorstep through a wave of migrations they never expected.
They will feel the very sting of what it means to have Islamic neighbours who refuse to contribute meaningful things to the economy yet still serve as a ready pool for sleeper cell terrorists.

Britain should allow Biafra to go and other southern Nigeria ethnicities so that we will grow and help protect and defend Britain and Europe in any case of an eventual outbreak of war between Islam and the Free world.

6 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Orikinla(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2015
Chigold101:
I wish Buhari thinks like you think... Inwish Bubu wants Igbos to go too.
. President Buhari does not think like an idiot, because he is not a tribal bigot like those who don't Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2015
Dis writeup is treasonable|
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Billygee2u: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Seuncoded:
There's a sound across the nation
It's a call so clear and strong
It's a call to build our nation
It's a call for everyone
Everyone who is Nigerian
Hear the sound so clear and loud
It's a call for transformation
And the time for change is NOW
Though our tribe and tongue may differ
We are still one and the same
With one hope, one heart, one future
With one cry, one love, one name
We have the power to change Nigeria
We alone can set us free
But it starts with transformation
Yes it starts with you and me
Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before
We have had our share of battles
We have moan our days of pain
But through it all, we've stayed together
In our hearts, our hopes, we made
We believe we can better
We can reach our destiny
Only when we are transformed
Can we reach our destiny
Nigeria, Our Father land
We can build this nation hand in hand
Let 's revive and let 's reform
Let 's rebuild and let 's restore
For we are the transformation
We are stronger than before
do you have some problems upstairs?
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Onyocha: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2015
Dnacode:

The only reason Britain and co do not want Biafra is this.

They need a christian or Jewish presence in Sub-Saharan Africa to check the excessiveness of Muslim extremists.
Whatever way can this be accomplished but by planting Christianity/Judaism in Southern part of Western Africa and then joining strange bed fellows all in the name of a country.
History has it that Islam conquered Christianity in Europe, they do not want a repeat and that is y they came up with the idea of planting Christianity down here to keep Islam 'busy' and thus shift attention from them.

They also cunningly planted Israel in the middle East for the same reason. Keep Islam "busy" down there so that at least we can live in peace.

But now Islam has come to their very doorstep through a wave of migrations they never expected.
They will feel the very sting of what it means to have Islamic neighbours who refuse to contribute meaningful things to the economy yet still serve as a ready pool for sleeper cell terrorists.

Britain should allow Biafra to go and other southern Nigeria ethnicities so that we will grow and help protect and defend Britain and Europe in any case of an eventual outbreak of war between Islam and the Free world.

the above is the definition of whoredom!
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by ExInferis(m): 8:42am On Nov 08, 2015
Double post deleted

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by philips70(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2015
They should keep writing these delusional articles as if the arrest of Biafran agitators just started after May 29th. GEJ handled Biafra issue with strong hands throughout his 5yrs in office and we did not see all these doomsday writers. Uwazuruike almost stayed all his days in jail and we did not hear from them.
If they are really serious they should begin by recalling all their representatives in the legislature since Nigeria has consistently refused to listen to their agitations.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by superstar1(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Someone should just ask the writer and the wailing blackmailer whether there was a month they were not given a share of their Federal Govt allocation?

Is it SW or SS or Northern people that are spending their IGRs?

Someone should ask this writer how have they been able to stem the outflow of human capital from their region on a daily basis, causing enormous loss to the region and putting pressure o the infrastructure of other regions where they migrate to?

How many of those elected into position of authorities are vocalists of pro-biafra?

If you are indeed serious, you would hav elected Nnamid Kanu, the Lunatic Albino aka The Dilector as a governor or a senator, likewise his drunken and deluded cohorts.

I will take them serious the day they show me just one cause they have doggedly pursued and achieved.

For now, they are still noise makers, chest beaters and clowns.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by ExInferis(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2015
Biafra is an economic ideology.

The agitation is not founded on any rational basis of victimhood, just for pecuniary spoils of national wealth. If igbos are downtrodden and victimized, how could they then flourish and claim to own Nigeria's economy and business wealth? Does that sound like marginalization to anyone?

The south easterners blame everyone for their plight except themselves. They blame northerners for the amalgamation, westerners for not joining in their violent secession, and deltans for not allowing their own identity to be subsumed.

The igbos claim to hold the wealth of nigeria in their hands. Shouldn't they use their own god given resources to address their situation where our leaders and theirs are unwilling? Resorting to self help alone would provide basis for their cries.

The propellant of biafra is hatred combined with economic deprivation and not some perceived injustice. During the first biafran misadventure igbos occupied high echelons of society and the military. But they did nothing to help themselves. Instead they triggered an event they knew was going to devastate every segment of their lives.

50 years later no lesson has been learned. If violent aggression was counterproductive back then, why is the current violent expression a vehicle for self determination?

Who in Nigeria is not grieved? Who in Nigeria is not suffering? The north held power more than any other, behold the result: polio, illiteracy, raging poverty, hunger, unemployment, insurgency. We've become a laughing stock and butt of bigot's jokes. But we do not hold any other tribe accountable. We do not demand a balm to soothe our pains. We do not demand entitlement nor do we cultivate a victim mentality.

The GEJ government allowed BH to fester and decimate thousands of us, laying waste to the little economic endeavors we had sustaining us. But we reserv3d our hatred only for GEJ and not the entire ijaw nation. Indeed Amaechi is a hero in the north for helping us get rid of the simple gentleman.

The Niger Deltans are among the most deprived, but they know their leadership stole their wealth. Politicians and Militants have an economic symbiosis that's lucrative and mutually beneficial to both parasites to the detriment of the laity.

As the article suggested, the southwest did not do any better in the days of obasanjo. Lagos has an IGR more than double the federal allocation of my state kaduna, but Lagos still hasn't really moved forward from the days of Tinubu to now.

Of course people now and then mutter secession based on their grievances. But no one except the igbos made it a mass body of violent movement.

No one wants to be threatened with violence. The Scots everyone keeps referring to did not threaten Britain with violence. I assure you if a band of kilted Scots had massed together and declared war, the British army would've mobilized over the borders of old Caledonia.

A nation like Nigeria made up of a patchwork of hundreds of different and differing interests, ethnicities, tribes and religions cannot afford the luxury of allowing separatists to determine its composition. Allowing biafra will no doubt open the floodgates of separatism by each and every body of people.

Separation is not always the answer. Look at south sudan. Don't just think of the benefits of Biafra, think of the consequences.

In sum, nigeria is working for no one but a small group of people who pull the strings. But no one else is threatening doom and gloom except the igbos.

If you don't heed the lessons of history you're bound to repeat it.

Igbos are just victims of their own history.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by alutarabbi: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2015
successiam:
thou I'm a Niger Delta man, Biafra must stand

God bless Biafra

may God destroy northern Nigeria
and you think God is a tribalist or ethnicist like you? Maybe you should have called on those things(Armadioha or wateva u call it) guess he'll listen to your pleas. Your ignorance is Alien waved!
Just pity u.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by cabaliciouscabal: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Okay, whatever.

I'm not igbo.
I don't need to be one.
But I know BIAFRA has come to stay. The actualisation of Biafra is a fait accompli.
Again, we must have any of this in Nigeria in the very near future:
True Federalism;
Regionalism; or
Cessation.
Those from regions they think and know do not bring anything to the table should not bother quoting me.
Those are the only ways we can live in peace: end insurgency, militancy, and protests, here and there.

The marriage of convenience, strange-bed-felowships and love-lost has to either end or be redefined.

And u no be igbo.

Wen u finish spilling out ur rubbish, Jst find a place to pupu and pack it in ur dirty mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Legitbaba(m): 8:49am On Nov 08, 2015
kboycrew:
If Jonathan won the elections will they be agitating they want to go?
Useless tribalists. Let them go... can't wait to take over their businesses when they leave.
It is unfortunate this race of people fail to realise they are just traders who need to buy &sell to survive. They have no oil, no land, no resource etc. Yet if all the Igbos should go back home, where is the land that will contain them.
They have just taken themselves back to civil war era wher everyone looked at them with suspicion.
I weep 4 them.
Foool...if u are not an idiot...u will weep for yourself b4 weeping for someone els...u guys are just bitter cos if biafra is actualized, d south west will now become d minority nd will suffer from the high handed north....am "north" surprised anymore why d south west is even more worried than the north abt this biafra strugle...
Fuuuck all u haters...we are going our way....Nigeria is a fraud.....

6 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by dacovajnr: 8:50am On Nov 08, 2015
angrybull:
Merely mention of the word " biafra" speedily send a cold chill towards the nerves of the Britain. They are afraid of emergency of first black power country, they are in deep depression in the mistake they made in establishing Japan. It is too little too late. British government are hypocritic, cunny and employ double standard when a case is related to biafra issue. Nothing will crush the spirit of determined people, biafrans are very resolute in what they believe in, only time will tell if British will stand on the people's way to freedom.
You are indeed a Bull..Omo Obo bi osan obo

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by kozmokaz(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2015
FACTS ABOUT REFERENDUM ON BIAFRA. (1) Biafran agitation has nothing to do with hydrocarbon crude oil deposits in Niger Delta. Imo, Abia, Anambra are currently oil producing states in Nigeria, with huge natural gas reserves not forgetting the enormous untapped coal deposits in Enugu. (2) Biafra is not land-locked. It has numerous access to the sea, including through the River Niger. (3) Biafra entire population is about 35 million people which is greater than the population many advanced countries in Western Europe, including Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Austria....etc (4) Biafra does not or in any form signify war, violence, armed struggle or any sort of physical confrontation. BIAFRA IS NOT WAR! It simply means political, economic and socio-cultural freedom from a feudalist State ruled by terrorists and Jihadists. (5) Biafra is not a call for massive exodus to Igbo land. Put differently, every Igbo or Biafran must not live in Biafra land. Those who wish could still maintain their residency wherever they are as well as own properties anywhere in the world, including Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Abeokuta…etc. (6) Independent and sovereign Biafra will never translate to loss or forfeiture of landed properties of her citizens in Lagos, Abuja or anywhere in Nigeria. There are many domestic and international treaties, conventions and laws that protects Assets of non-citizens everywhere in the World, that will apply appropriately. (7) The NEW BIAFRA shall be a coalition of desirous and willing ethnic nationalities in defunct Eastern Nigeria and would never be a forceful annexation of any unwilling ethnic nationality within its current geo- political definition. Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibibio, Anangs, Efiks, Ogojas, and host of other ethnic minorities shall possess the privilege to decide whether to tango politically with their Igbo brethren or go their own separate ways or remain part of current structural deficient Nigeria. (cool Biafra is a train of peace and liberty. A desire for liberation from institutionalised stumbling blocks like quota system and federal character principles in Nigeria’s quasi-unitary society. It is a movement against internal colonialism, tribal gang-ups, economic marginalisation and political subjugation of Igbo and ethnic minority neighbours. (9) It has nothing to do with hate, bigotry or ethnic chauvinism. Just a desire to live in a healthy society where your tribe, tongue, religion or creed does not define who you are or how far you would go in your career.

9 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by HopeAtHand: 8:53am On Nov 08, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by xest(m): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2015
Phame:
Let them go. But if they insult us in the course of their agitation, then expect us to roll the tanks.
I want igbo to go. Buhari, do that already.
who are u? And wat can u do if d igbos agitate for dere secession?

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by dacovajnr: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2015
yapapa:
ori iya e buru
lolx
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Thandiubani(m): 9:01am On Nov 08, 2015
RichieF27:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/britain-toys-with-woes-of-another-biafra/
"This intruder should, therefore, shut up and keep off." I just love that line. smiley

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2015
If they are disadvantaged this way you just mentioned, why not let them be so that they ll suffer and die out.
kboycrew:
If Jonathan won the elections will they be agitating they want to go?
Useless tribalists. Let them go... can't wait to take over their businesses when they leave.
It is unfortunate this race of people fail to realise they are just traders who need to buy &sell to survive. They have no oil, no land, no resource etc. Yet if all the Igbos should go back home, where is the land that will contain them.
They have just taken themselves back to civil war era wher everyone looked at them with suspicion.
I weep 4 them.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Rapture007: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2015
juicee1:
The writer painted nnamdi kanu as a saint when he said the british government didn't arrest scotland's leader for calling for secession.

Did the scotish leader call britain a zoo? Did he insult other tribes/nationalities in it? Did he call for arms to be picked up? Did he promise to fall th zoo? Did he referred to britains as baboons and monkeys? Did he tell his boys to blow up britain?

Nnamdi kanu committed treasonable offences and should be dealt with.

As for the politicians sponsoring biafra, DSS is listening.

U re simply a fool or half-educated. Most of u just see a word and use it as u like cos u tink u understand its meaning, Treason u said? let ur government charge him naa. If u know the amount of threat not to talk of even insult Obama receives as a black man in White house and how CIA handles it u wouldnt come here and be talking trash. Idiat...go learn grin

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2015
Love Machine:
There is a peaceful way to secede without shedding a single drop of blood.Let there be referendum for those who want to go like it was done in Scotland and some other European countries.I know some region is taking cognizant of the crude oil that is not in their region to force unity on other people.Unity is not by force.This is democracy.

Yes but in Africa we don't have such, always wars- Ethiopia, Sudan, etc; there should be referendum among Igbos and if they said yes to Biafra then they should have it.

Meanwhile there are two fears that will cause fatal war than the last one, 1. Igbo want South South or part of it 2. Nigerian govt knows that there will be agitations for independence from other groups once Biafra succeeded.

Moreover Igbo are not really prepared for the consequences of having Biafra rather than the emotional and sensational agitation; the governments in the States that would become Biafra should be incorporated into the whole thing rather than banking on businesslike individuals without pedigree unlike Ojukwu, who was Eastern gov and his people asked him to declare the last war; start voting in supporters of Biafra and most especially start relocating their major businesses to Biafra because there would definitely be war except if the declaration will be for the five Southeastern states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by dacovajnr: 9:03am On Nov 08, 2015
yapapa:
I'm gon be a lot happier ..make you pack your oriburuku go
Another one..."lolx..e ma ja pa arayin ni eniyin grin
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Rapture007: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2015
kozmokaz:
FACTS ABOUT REFERENDUM ON BIAFRA.
(1) Biafran agitation has nothing to do with hydrocarbon crude oil
deposits in Niger Delta. Imo, Abia, Anambra are currently oil producing
states in Nigeria, with huge natural gas reserves not forgetting the
enormous untapped coal deposits in Enugu.
(2) Biafra is not land-locked. It has numerous access to the sea,
including through the River Niger.
(3) Biafra entire population is about 35 million people which is greater
than the population many advanced countries in Western Europe,
including Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Austria....etc
(4) Biafra does not or in any form signify war, violence, armed struggle
or any sort of physical confrontation. BIAFRA IS NOT WAR! It simply
means political, economic and socio-cultural freedom from a feudalist
State ruled by terrorists and Jihadists.
(5) Biafra is not a call for massive exodus to Igbo land. Put differently,
every Igbo or Biafran must not live in Biafra land. Those who wish could
still maintain their residency wherever they are as well as own
properties anywhere in the world, including Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano,
Abeokuta…etc.
(6) Independent and sovereign Biafra will never translate to loss or
forfeiture of landed properties of her citizens in Lagos, Abuja or
anywhere in Nigeria. There are many domestic and international
treaties, conventions and laws that protects Assets of non-citizens
everywhere in the World, that will apply appropriately.
(7) The NEW BIAFRA shall be a coalition of desirous and willing ethnic
nationalities in defunct Eastern Nigeria and would never be a forceful
annexation of any unwilling ethnic nationality within its current geo-
political definition. Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibibio, Anangs, Efiks, Ogojas, and host
of other ethnic minorities shall possess the privilege to decide whether
to tango politically with their Igbo brethren or go their own separate
ways or remain part of current structural deficient Nigeria.
(cool Biafra is a train of peace and liberty. A desire for liberation from
institutionalised stumbling blocks like quota system and federal
character principles in Nigeria’s quasi-unitary society. It is a movement
against internal colonialism, tribal gang-ups, economic marginalisation
and political subjugation of Igbo and ethnic minority neighbours.
(9) It has nothing to do with hate, bigotry or ethnic chauvinism.
Just a desire to live in a healthy society where your tribe, tongue,
religion or creed does not define who you are or how far you would go
in your career.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by observer777(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2015
All the points raised are valid. The only way to solve the numerous problems in this country is to actualize true federalism. Let each region control its destiny- that's what Boko Haram is aiming for. We lost too many innocent people during the war and who are the beneficiaries? Killing ourselves again will not solve anything. BIAFRA stands for INJUSTICE. Middle Belt people have been grumbling for a long time; Niger Delta took up arms before late Yar Adua intervened, Afenifere went BIAFRAN recently over the Fulani and other issues, and Igbos are saying they've had enough. Make the regions autonomous in a FEDERAL Nigeria. Use what you have to develop your area.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2015
Onyocha:

the above is the definition of whoredom!
How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral / Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.