Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] (241570 Views)

Hidden Diamonds / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram (Part 1) ....By Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by oluwaemmanuel: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
It's weekend o
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by orijintv(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2016
Bia !! Oga Chima whr u dy na
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Destiny4fame(m): 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
catching up
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by babapressy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2016
Bia! Mr Ironkurtain dis is wikend o
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
Still writing so you all have to exercise a little patient smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by muyex1(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2016
Ironkontain we are waiting
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Luckymay(f): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2016
Oga ironkurtain come o. Your attention is needed here o.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by muyex1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lets forget update, he will not Update today
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by SPDAZZY(f): 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oga ironkurtain
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2016
Continuation from the last update.

"So what is the present situation in Gus place?", Eric asked.

"Alot of men.....alot of big scary men, all literally wearing weapons", Chris' voice came out of the car speakers. "Now they are riding out in a convoy of three SUVs, one van and one sedan vehicle. Gus and the leader of the so called large gang are riding in one".

"You mean large team", Alex corrected.

"What about Vincent?", Eric asked again.

"He is in the trunk of the sedan car, tied up", Chris replied. "And Gus left ten armed men in the mansion to guard Vincent's wife and his daughter".

"What about mother?".

"Chris is riding shotgun with me", Nina's voice answered the question. "We are now heading to Pearl Estate".

"She is heading to Gus' place", Suzanne muttered.

"Perfect", Alex muttered.

"What?, i thought your plan involves negotiating with Gus?", Eric asked.

"The plan was to negotiate with Gus so as to buy some time for Vincent and his family", Alex replied. "I didn't say we will be keeping our end of the bargain", Alex smiled.

"What if Gus finds out?. He could kill Vincent or order his men to kill his wife", Eric protested.

"That's why i'm heading to his place", Nina's voice said.

"And we will be going to where Gus wants to meet our mother for the exchange", Alex said.

"Perhaps meet them on their way to the place and rescue Vincent", Suzanne suggested. "They are the ones with men with alot guns. And they are not expecting any action till they reach the place".

"Alex nodded as he stared at Suzanne with a smile on his face. "And there is only one person very good at unleashing bloody mayhem", he said and looked at Eric. "So is there any guerilla warfare tactics you might wanna share with us?", he asked his twin brother.

Eric glanced at Alex and asked, "mother are you sure you can handle those men in the mansion?".

"Dont worry about me son, just tell them what you have in mind", was Nina's answer.

"Okay then", Eric began with a nod. "Chris, can you track all the cars in the convoy?", he asked.

"Yeah", Chris replied. "From the model of the cars and year manufactured, they all have a built in tracking device. So i will just capture their signals.....and also use the street cameras to know exactly where they are if they make a stop".

"Okay....mother i want you to only make a move on my go", Eric said to Nina and she answered in the affirmative.

Then Eric looked out of the car window and saw an autobike repair shop. "Do you have a credit card on you?", he asked and looked at Alex.

With a quite confused look on his face, Alex reached for his wallet and pulled out a platinum credit card.

"Do you intend to buy a bike?", Alex snorted as he handed the card to Eric.

"That's what i intend to do", Eric smiled. He slipped the card into his pocket and got out of the car after telling them to wait for him.

2 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

The yellow mini van quietly rolled into the parking lot and interrupted the four big men in their discussions. They turned their attention to the vehicle that was painted with a cleaning company logo and watched keenly as it grinded to a halt in one of the parking spaces. A man wearing a brown overall janitor khaki wear, quietly got out of the van. He glanced at their direction and casually walked to the back of the vehicle. The big men glanced at each other with a lot curiosity written on their faces and then stared at the man as he opened the trunk of the car and brought out a bag, two mops and some containers of cleaning detergents. The men saw what he was doing and glanced at each other again with a confused look on their faces. Apart from the journalist who came to interview their boss, they weren't expecting anyone else , especially a janitor because the day was a public holiday.

Then one of the big men motioned at the other three and they immediately started heading towards the janitor while he touched the Bluetooth earpiece on his left ear. And walked away to go make an inspection in the parking lot.

The janitor turned and saw the three big men approaching him. He gave them a friendly smile and continued unloading his cleaning equipments from the back of the van.

"Good morning", the janitor began nervously, his face still bearing the friendly smile as the three big men surrounded him. "I hope everything is okay?", he asked.

The smell of alcohol made one of the men to wrinkle his nose. "You are not suppose to be here", he said to the janitor. "You have to pack up your things and leave immediately", he ordered.

The janitor glanced at the men with a confused look on his face. "But...i...have to go to work", he stammered and gestured at the cleaning detergents and bucket he had taken out of his van.

"He must have been drinking last night and forgot that today is a public holiday", another big man whispered to the others and they all sneered.

"I.....work here", the janitor stammered again with a highly intimidated look on his face as he stared at the three big men towering over him. "I....think i have my i.d card here", he slowly felt his back and side pockets and then unzipped his overall to reach for the inner pocket.

Then one of the big men stepped forward and placed a hand on the janitor's shoulder as the man searched for his i.d. "Mister, you have to leave.....now", the big man said to the janitor coldly. "Today is a public holiday and here is strictly out of bound. So you have to pack up your stuff and go".

With a hand still tucked inside his overall, the janitor glanced at the big hand resting on his shoulder and smiled. Then with a flash, he pulled out a handgun fitted with a silencer from inside his overall and pushed the barrel against the big man's chest. And pulled the trigger.

Three slugs ripped holes on the big man's back as they made their exit after going through his big chest and heart. The big man groaned and his big body collapsed to the ground. The other two immediately reached for their weapons tucked inside the suit jacket. But they weren't fast enough as the janitor swung the pistol at them and sent multiple slugs that put them down with ugly holes in their chests and heads. Then the janitor ducked behind one of the concrete pillars in the parking place. He made a careful glance around the place with his weapon pointed. Seeing that the fourth guy havent noticed what just happened to his colleagues, the janitor reached inside his overall wear and took out a signal jamming device. He switched it on and tucked it back into his pocket. And then moved swiftly, hiding in the dark spots and taking cover behind the concrete pillars of the parking place.

The fourth man took out his earpiece to inspect it. He had pressed it several times to radio out a message , but wasnt getting an answer.....or any sound. Then he turned back to go see what the other three men were up to with the janitor.

"F@ck!", he cursed under his breath and pulled out his handgun when he saw the three men lying motionless on the floor. The janitor was no where to be found.

The man threw the earpiece away and immediately grabbed the two-way radio clipped to his waist-belt. "We have a code red situation!....i repeat, we have a code red situation!", he bawled and frantically glanced around the parking lot.

Hearing nothing but a crackling static sound from the speaker of the radio, the man cursed under his breath again. He raced towards the glass door of the elevator lobby with his weapon in a 'ready-to-fire' position and glancing around with alot of caution as he did so.

"There is a breach in......", the man began as he pushed the door open and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw two lifeless bodies lying in the pool of their own blood. The bodies of the elevator lobby guards and both were riddled with bullets.

The big man took off his dark shades and threw it on the floor. He tightened his grip on his weapon and slowly paced towards the bodies of his colleagues. As he bent down to check on them, he heard a sound behind him; perhaps a movement. He made a quick turn, but wasnt quick enough as stunning blow hit him and made him to lose his balance. He got hit again and his handgun got knocked out of his hand.

With a quick movement the big man then rolled away to avoid further onslaughts and got up wildly to faced his opponent. And saw that his assailant was the janitor.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall", the janitor began and kicked away the big man's handgun that was lying on the floor. "Sir, you and your colleagues are really doing a shamefully poor job in protecting your boss", he mocked the man. "The old man should have hired better security and bodyguards".

This made the big man to rush at the smaller man, like Goliath coming at David with full force. The janitor calmly balled his fist and hit the big man with a swift and hard punch to jaw after dodging the big fist thrown at him. Another swift left and right hook delivered to the big man's gut knocked the wind out of him. Then the janitor fell the man with an uppercut.

The visibly dazed big man got up wildly again and made another move on his smaller but seemingly tougher opponent. But his opponent put him down again with a right overhand punch that dislocated his jaw. A left and right hook to the guts that put a hurt on his internal organs, followed by a ferocious stomp that landed on his right ankle and dislocated the joints. Then another powerful right hook to the side and the big man groaned painfully when the blow impacted and snapped some ribs.

The blows that came in quick succession with the broken ankle made the big man's leg to buckle. He drop on one knee. The janitor dazed him again with a left hook and swung a wicked knee kick that bloodied the man's face. Then the janitor moved behind the man and pulled out a thin metal wire from the sleeve of his overall. He wrapped it around the big man's neck and pulled until the big man stopped struggling.

"Too bad you chose the wrong profession sir", the janitor muttered and released his grip on the metal wire.

Then he bent over his dead victim and proceeded to search the man's pockets. He took out a card from one of them. After examining the card with a satisfied look on his face, he got up, picked up a bag lying near the lobby exit door and headed towards one of the elevator.

"Six down....three more to go", he murmured to himself and pushed the elevator button. "I hope the old man will be glad to see me......again", he sighed as he waited for the elevator to arrive.

The elevator arrived. The janitor loaded his handgun and removed the silencer. And entered after the door slided open with a determined look on his face. As the elevator made its ascent to its new destination, another vehicle rolled into the parking lot. A black van.

2 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
A knock on the expensive mahogany door broke the long silence in the plush office. It made the old man to lift his eyes from the knuckles of his clasped hands, resting on the chrome finished surface of his desk. He gave the door a brief gaze and nodded at his two bodyguards standing beside the door. They nodded back respectfully and one of them proceeded to open the door, while the other remained alert with his hand close to the concealed weapon in his black suit jacket.

The old man got up and quietly paced to the office window behind him with one hand holding his walking stick and the other hand tucked inside the pocket of his suit jacket. With his back slightly hunched, he stared at the activities going on below from his executive office on the thirtieth floor of the thirty storey building that belonged to him. The office that was only meant for meeting high profiled guests.

"Sir, they are here", the big man who brought Lisa and Diana from the lobby, ushered both women into the office and left immediately.

Diana smiled at the two "no nonsense" looking bodyguards standing beside the door and glanced around the spacious and expensively decorated office. She did so with few silent 'wows' escaping from her lips while Lisa cautiously followed the nun into the old man's executive office. She too was dazzled by the office that speaks of spectacular opulence. But she was more concerned about her present situation; what she just found out and what the old man's reaction might be. It could be good......or it could be very bad, and even terrible especially if what Diana had told her happens to be false. She just hoped that everything goes well so as to prevent any unnecessary bloodshed.

"Oh my God......Eric", Lisa gasped when she remembered that Eric had told her what he intends to do to his grandfather. This prompted her to reach for her cellphone. "Oh God!", she gasped again when she remembered that she left her cellphone and handbag with the two bodyguards at the ground floor lobby.

"Miss Lisa Richards", the old man began without looking at the visitors in his office. "This is our first meeting....and i'm already having a bad impression about you", he continued as his eyes followed the activities going on down below. "I am a very strict man.....and you were given a strict order to come alone. So why did you disobey it?", he asked, still watching the activities going on outside the building.

"Even if it means bringing me here?", Diana asked.

The old man heard the voice and gasped with furrowed eyebrows. He slowly turned his head to where the voice came from and his walking stick fell off from his hand when he saw Diana.

"Hello Cantona", Diana smiled weakly at the old man who stared at her like he saw ghost. "It's been a long time, huh?", she continued and paced towards him.

The old man immediately went over to Diana with quick strides and stood infront of her, staring at her and unable to say anything. Then Diana got closer and slowly raised her hand to his face. The old man shut his eyes and gently exhaled deeply when Diana's hand touched his face.

"After all these years, you are still as handsome as you were the first time i set my eyes on you", Diana muttered with a faint smile on her face as she hand travelled from the old man's face down to his shoulders. "And still strong".

The old man opened his eyes and snapped his fingers at the two bodyguards standing beside the door. They immediately left the office without saying any words. Lisa glanced at them as they left and then turned her attention to the old man as he got hold of Diana's hand and held it gently, staring at it like it was something very precious. A faint smile formed on her lips when the old man immediately wrapped his arms around Diana and both of them got locked in a tight passionate hug.

"God....if this is a dream, please dont let me wake up", the old man murmured deeply and gave Diana a passionate kiss on her cheek.

Diana did the same. "It's not a dream my dear", she said. "It is not a dream".

They remained in each other's warm embrace for several minutes, whispering words to each other. Then Diana suddenly pushed the old man away with a rather angry look on her face.

"And for heaven's sake Cantona!", Diana began irritatedly and turned away from the old man. "What in the devil's name are you doing?", she asked with a crossed look on her face and started pacing around the office.

"What do you mean?", the old man replied with his arms still held up and a confused look on his face.

"This....war that you are still waging with the Philips family", Diana said. "I thought it ended long ago when Andrew died".

The old man sighed and shook his head with a downcast gaze. "No, it didnt end. Infact, it only began after that fool died....and to this day i still wish that his death was brought upon him by my own hands", he looked at Diana. "So the war never ended. Not after what he did to us", the old man added with a bit of anger in his voice.

"Oh......", Diana pursed her lips and nodded. "So what did he do to you that made you to have so much anger in your heart?", she asked and got behind the old man's desk. "Why are you still holding on to this grudge after all these years?", she asked again and sat on the old man's swiveling chair.

"That man killed.......", the old man began immediately and paused. Then he shook his head with a faint smile. "I thought he killed you......even after making a deal with him to let you go", he muttered.

"Well you can see that i'm not dead", Diana said.

"Yeah, after almost....half a century. But all these years why didnt you......", the old man began.

"Whatever....we will talk about that later", Diana waved her hand and interrupted him. "So what else did he do to you?", she asked

"Aww come on Diana, have you forgotten how he tried so hard to bring us down?", the old man protested.

"Cantona, we were gangsters and he was the lawman. He was only doing his job", Diana chuckled and felt the chrome surface of the desk with her palms.

The old man sighed. He pursed his lips and slowly paced back and forth with a thoughful expression on his face, while the nun took a reclined position in the seat and stared at him. Lisa was still standing on the same spot and watching the both of them in silence. And they seemed to have forgotten about her presence.

"He killed our good friend, Robert", the old man broke the short silence that have taken over the office. He sat on the chair infront of Diana with a grunt and rested his elbows on the desk. "And i think he also killed Brandon because of something he did. Something he did for me", he muttered with his eyes staring at his clenched fist.

"Something?", Diana smirked. "You mean Brandon killing the key witness who was going to give a testimony in court that would have put you in jail forever. And the witness not appearing in court made the judge who had some serious grudges against you to only sentence you to two years imprisonment", she stated.

The old man lifted his eyes and stared at Diana for a short while with a surprised look on his face. "How did you know all these thing?", he asked quietly.

Diana smirked and looked away. "Brandon didnt kill any key witness", she said and looked at the old man with a serious look on her face. "Brandon was the key witness...and he was the one that killed Robert who was, by the way, never our good friend". Then she lean forward and also rested her elbow on the table. "Brandon and Robert wanted to bump us out of the gang so as to take over the operations. So they made their plans on how to eliminate us".

"What?", the old man stared at Diana with confusion written all over his face.

"Yeah", Diana continued. "But Brandon got greedier because he wanted everything for himself", So he made a different plan, with the then commissioner of police. A corrupt and greedy fool who also wanted a share of the money we were making". Diana paused and took a deep breath. She exhaled gently and drummed her fingers on the table.

Lisa stared at Diana fingers as she did so. The rhythm of her drumming was similar to that of Eric's whenever he drummed his fingers.

"After my supposed death and you being detained, the police raid that was carried out in one of our safe houses was orchestrated by Brandon and some of the commissioner's men", Diana then said, still drumming her fingers, but in a slower rhythm. "That's when he killed Robert and the other men who were there. I heard he did it executional style", she scoffed. "All those times he visited you in jail, he had a tape recorder on him. He was trying to make you say things; incriminating things. Being unable to get any, he decided to appear in court to testify against you. So Andrew killed him", Diana looked at the old man. "Andrew killed him so as to save you from spending your entire life in prison", she said.

The old man thought for a while. "I guess it was Andrew who told you all these things", he sneered.

Diana nodded.

"I know you can do better than believing the words of the man who spent his entire lifetime trying to bring us down", the old man scoffed. "From the battlefields of the civil war to the streets of Easthill, that man had always been coming at us with the intention to do harm".

Diana sighed. "Andrew was just angry. That's why he did what he did", she muttered.

"Angry about what?", the old man was confused again. "Is there something you are not telling me?", he demanded.

Diana sighed again and looked at the old man. "He was like....a brother to me", she said to him.

"Like a brother?", the old man gasped and stared at Diana with his mouth open. "But......but i thought you said you were an orphan and had no family?", he asked.

"Yes i was an orphan. But it was Andrew's family that took care of me and we saw ourselves as brother and sister", Diana replied. "We grew up and......and he wanted to be more than just a brother to me", she smiled weakly.

"You mean that he was in love with you?", the old man chuckled.

"Yes", Diana replied. "He wanted us to be engaged. Then the civil war broke out, i fought for the side that brought death to his family.....and started living a life that was against his family principles. The same family that raised me", she muttered and glanced at the old man. "Andrew survived the Bridgemont ambush because i didnt pull the trigger when i had him on my sights. I let him live", then Diana laughed. "The funny thing is, while i had my rifle pointed at his heart, he was asking me....begging me to run away with him so that the both of us can go somewhere else and start a new life. But i told him that my heart was already taken by another man", she looked at the old man. "Another better man".

The old man nodded thoughtfully. "So that's why he wanted to bring me down so bad", he muttered.

"He just wanted to show me that he was the better man", Diana said.

"Well, he failed. And quite miserably if you ask me", the old man grunted and moved his weight on his seat. "Even if we live to be a thousand years old, he will still fail.....miserably".

"That's what i thought, till you started this....new hobby of yours with his son.....and our daughter", Diana said with some anger in her voice.

The old man scoffed and turned his eyes away. "Well....i wouldnt want an enemy to.......wait", the old man furrowed his eyebrow and looked at Diana. "Our daughter?, is Nina your own daughter?",

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Oladim001(m): 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
This can't get any better. I really really love this. A lot of intriguing moments. Expecting more updates.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by babapressy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
cry cry Just lyk dat,not fair at all cry.all the same sha thank you;(
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by orijintv(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
More cry cry
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
"Have you forgotten the reason why i wanted to meet you on the day i got arrested by Andrew?", Diana asked.

"But.....i thought Nina was Marianne's daughter", the old man muttered.

"What makes you think so?", Diana asked with her head slightly tilted to the side and steepling her fingers. "Is that what Marianne told you?, or did she get pregnant for you?", she asked.

"After that crazy night we had together, i thought she got pregnant for me", the old man began thoughtfully. "And when i first met my daughter, i conducted some investigations and found out that Marianne took care of her before she was taken to a children's home after Marianne passed away".

Diana listened attentively and nodded. "Young woman, please turn off that recorder", she said to Lisa without looking at her. "And bring it to me", she said, gesturing her hand at Lisa.

The old man turned to Lisa. He stared at her as if it was his first time of seeing her. "She shouldn't be here", he said to Diana and pointed his index finger at Lisa as she came over and slowly placed the recorder on the table. "She's not suppose to hear about it", he continued.

"Oh that?, dont worry my dear", Diana smiled and looked at Lisa. "It is now one of the crazy things that is freely done among the youths of nowadays. Infact they boast about it in their networking sites".

"Maybe i have gotten too old", the old man murmured. "Anyway, is Nina our daughter?", he asked. "Are you....Nina's real mother?".

"Well,.....after that 'crazy night', i got pregnant", Diana sighed. "I didnt even know how it happened. I mean.......i did my calculations very well before we....you know.....did it", she muttered thoughfully. "Anyway i started having morning sickness. I did a test and it came out positive. By the way, Marianne cannot conceive a child. That's why i chose her".

"Chose her for what?", Lisa involuntarily asked the question. Then she immediately covered her mouth and looked away after muttering an apology to the old man and Diana who stared at her with an expressionless look on their faces.

"So how did Nina end up being raised by Marianne", The old man asked.

"After i gave birth, i gave the baby to Marianne", Diana replied. "I told her everything. And she suggested that i should leave the country. So i took her advice and left the country after giving her our daughter".

"But why leave me?", the old man asked. "Why make that decision when you knew you were carrying my child?. You could have waited till i finished my time in prison then we leave the country together".

Silence took over the office again.

"Cantona", Diana began, breaking the silence after seemingly thinking of what to say. "I have always wanted to spend my days and life with you, believe me, i do. And i was always willing to give up anything so as to do so. But all i ever wanted was a quiet and stable life with you......and some kids we would nurture together and watch as they grow", then she sighed. "Being what we are, we unknowingly started this flame. A flame that had the potentials of becoming an inferno", she gestured her hands around the office. "An inferno that would consume you and i. Worst of all, you started losing focus. Maybe it was because of your love for me that made you take every other thing for granted. That's why you didnt notice what was going on between Brandon and Robert. And for a man like you who seems to have the uncanny ability to predict every move anyone intends to make, not being able to see what was going on under his nose, meant that there was a problem and i was the problem".

"But how?", the old man asked. "We had a good plan for the future and everything seemed fine".

"Yes. But the thing we had together, the strong love for each other, made you to lose focus and you losing focus made you vulnerable", Diana said. "Alot of people wanted to take you out and i didnt want it to happen".

"So that's why you left me?", the old man muttered.

"You remember that day i called, telling you that i thought i was pregnant and wanted to see you?", Diana asked.

"Yes i remembered that day", the old man replied thoughtfully. "That day i woke up feeling unusually excited because i was hoping that the news was true. Since then i haven't felt like that until.......", the old man looked at Diana with a bright smile. "Perhaps meeting you today after a longtime was the reason why i woke up this morning feeling the same way".

Diana stared at the old man with a funny look on her face. "Anyway, that same day i also called Andrew and met him", she continued. "I wanted to talk to him. To see if we could end the crisis going on between us once and for all. But he said that as long as i am with you, it will never end, not for him. Then he told me about Brandon's plan and warned me that as long as the commissioner was involved, worse things are bound to happen to us. And as long as i chose you over him, he dont mind helping Brandon to achieve it", the nun smiled weakly. "So i had to formulate a plan and was able to convince him to help. And the rest was history".

"How did you convince him to help you", the old man asked.

Diana smiled again. "I told him that the only way he can beat you was to take me away from you", she said. "And since he cant have me or even kill me, he willingly agreed to help fake my death".

The old man sighed. He rubbed the back of his neck and reclined in his chair. He clasped his hands and looked at Lisa.

"So i guess she was the one that told you everything", he said to Diana and stared at Lisa. "Everything going on between me and that fool Nina wants to be with. So young girl, how long have you been doing your investigations on me?, or are you one of those minions Nina is keeping around her?", he asked Lisa.

"Aww dont try to spit that venom of yours on her", Diana cut in irritatedly and got up. "How could you just sit and watch someone else try to kill our daughter and do nothing about it", she asked.

"Is that what she told you?", the old man asked. "If so, then that's half the truth and......".

"She didn't tell me anything", Diana interrupted.

"Please, can i say something?", Lisa began. She wanted to inform them about their grandson's intention. His intention to eliminate the old man.

"She only told me what was going on between you and our daughter", Diana continued, ignoring Lisa's request. "I did my own investigations and also found out that you left our grandsons to go against a dangerous murder gang on their own. Cantona, how could be so mean?", she asked irritatedly.

Well, if Nina had listened to me and obeyed my orders, then all these wouldn't have happened to her", the old man replied, trying to keep his cool.

"Please can i say something?", Lisa asked again.

"What?!", Diana and the old man bawled at her at the same time.

"I think we have to call one of your grandsons", Lisa said. "He said he will be coming", she looked at the old man. "Coming to get you sir".

The old man smirked. "Why?", he asked.

"Because you are holding Barry his father, hostage", Diana asked.

"Eric right?", he asked and looked at Lisa.

Lisa nodded.

The old man smiled and relaxed in his seat. "And i guess he is.....your friend,.....boyfriend to be exact", he said and stared at Lisa.

Lisa said nothing.

"That disrespectful brat", the old man then muttered and nodded his head. "Well, let him come, and for your sake, i will tell my men to go easy on him", he said and pursed his lips.

"You better do as she said", Diana said and adjusted her habit. "And also order the immediate release of their father, if you dont want trouble", she continued and went over to the water dispenser machine standing in one corner of the office.

"Trouble?", the old man snorted and stared at Diana as she took a few gulps of water with a paper cup. "What kind of trouble will he be to me?", he asked.

"Maybe it's those oversized disrespectful idiots that you are keeping around you as bodyguards that is making you take things for granted", Diana began and paced towards the old man. "Or maybe it is the huge wealth that you have acquired that is corrupting your damn mind. Whatever it is, i dont give a damn. But we are talking about your own flesh and blood. I know you as a very tough man, but from what i have read so far, this.....Eric is something else. And you better take him serious".

The old man stared at Diana for a short while and nodded. "Okay then", he sighed and slowly got up. "I will tell the boys to.......".

A loud gunshot interrupted the old man. Then followed by several rapid gunfire that erupted outside the office. The old man immediately gestured at Diana and Lisa, and they all took cover behind his desk. What seemed like a loud ferocious gunfight continued for about a minute before silence settled.

"What's going on?", Diana whispered the old man who was covering her.

"I have no idea", he whispered back. Then he looked at Lisa. "Is it your boyfriend?", he asked her.

"I dont know", Lisa replied with a shaky voice.

Suddenly the office door got kicked open and it startled the three of them. They remained quiet and listened to the muffled foot steps of the person that walked into the office.

"Could you all please come out", a voice then said, followed by the sound of a gun being reloaded and the office door being locked. "The thoughts of you all hiding behind that desk like mice, is kind of embarrassing", the voice continued. "So please do come out with your hands on your head and also bear in mind that i'm the only one with a loaded weapon in this room. Any fun move will be countered with deadly force".

The old man sighed and slowly got up with his hands raised, followed by Diana and then Lisa. They all got up and saw themselves staring at the man wearing a janitor overall uniform.

"Kevin?", Lisa began surprisingly when she recognized the face. "What's going on.....what are you doing?", she asked and glanced at the handgun the man was pointing at them.

"Hello my dear", the man began with a smile and looked at the old man. "Good day sir, my apologies for the unruly way i made my presence to be known", he said to the old man.

The old man smirked and put his hands down. "Dante", he began and sighed. "So what brings you to my office?", he asked coolly and glanced at the handgun pointed at him.

"My presence here is strictly business sir", Dante said and dropped the bag he was carrying.

"Business?, hm.....i thought you and i made a deal", the old man said. "And part of the deal was to never see your face again", he added.

"Correct sir....", Dante said and unzipped the bag with his eyes watching them keenly. "But there has being a renegotiation about that deal", he smiled and took out three handcuffs. "My apologies for you not being aware of it".

"I see", the old man muttered and looked at Lisa. "Is she aware of this renegotiation", he asked.

Lisa shook her head. She didn't even know what he was talking about and neither did she know why her co-worker was there with a gun in his hand.

"Nope......she is just a means to achieve another end", Dante then said. "Another end that will be sweeter than taking your life and cashing the checks", he smiled.

"Who is this young man?", Diana asked.

"Hello madam", Dante greeted Diana with a smile.

"His name is Dante", the old man replied. "He is an assassin and a hit man. And very good at it".

"The best in this country", Dante corrected and tossed the handcuffs at them. "I thought you are already convinced by now".

"Is he one of yours?", Diana asked the old man.

"No. But his father worked for me", was his reply.

"Then why is he pointing a gun at us?".

"Diana i don't know. I have lots of enemies who wants to get rid of me. You even said it yourself some minutes ago".

"And should it be today of all days?"

"Well you dont expect them to give me the time and date they intend to kill me".

"Enough!", Dante said out loud. Then he looked at Lisa. "Pick up those handcuff will you", he ordered her. "I want you to make yourself useful".

Lisa hesitated.

Dante aimed the weapon at her. "You have seen the sweet side of me which you decided to piss on. So dont let me show you my ugly side", he said with a murderous look on his face.

Lisa immediately picked up the handcuffs and waited for the next order

"Good", Dante's face brightened up with a smile. "Now i want you to cuff them", he ordered again and watched Lisa carry out the order. "Alot of money was paid for this day", he said and looked at the old man as Lisa cuffed him. "And i intend to take my time".

6 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by boladex1: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ironkurtain thank you for the update am following you bumper to bumper.
But the suspense is killing ooo
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by slimsue(f): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
I said it, dat Nin is Diamond's daughter.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Missmossy(f): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
As captivating as ever cheesy kudos ironkurtain.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by princessadeola(f): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
who wants to kill dis man o? haaaa so many enemies. great .
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Bb4u(f): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
well done bro @ironkurtain, more grease
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Oladim001(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Something tells me Andrew isn't dead afterall. And that he is the one behind all this shit happening. I really hope Eric and co make themselves useful. If anything happens to Lisa, Dante you are as good as dead ooo.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 3:30am On Jun 27, 2016
Essyprity i'm no longer seeing your comments....abi you dey vex for me? sad sad
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by zelaws: 7:22am On Jun 27, 2016
WOW!!! Ironkurtain you are the man! A lot going on but all in a circle around. Sosai, Nina, The Nun many mysteries bursting open. Dante! spirit of deception in human form. Hope we will have a happy ending o. Lisa should stay alive.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by bishopkay: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Always knew the Sosai was Dante's own job!
Mr Ironkurtain, I can only pray for you to have good health and everything good you desire to finish this story and soon. U r good!!

BTW how's your baby hope she's fine; the mother too?
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by TheNathan(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Eric will still kill dante
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by babapressy(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
More now ooooh;(. Anyways thanks for the updates.more strength and ideas smiley
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by orijintv(m): 11:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Omo !!! My nigga , BTW u nd Oyinprince i no no who bad pass !! Môre Blessings bro

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by ironkurtain(m): 5:34am On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for all the comments, smiley i really appreciate.
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by omotalkie(f): 7:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Who must've paid Dante for dis? Could it be Andrew?? Wasn't he dead? Dis suspense ghan!! Ironkurtain, unsuspense me oooh grin
Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Bobolayefa(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2016
Oladim001:
Something tells me Andrew isn't dead afterall. And that he is the one behind all this shit happening. I really hope Eric and co make themselves useful. If anything happens to Lisa, Dante you are as good as dead ooo.
ironkurtain:

Thanks for all the comments, smiley i really appreciate.
Oladim001:
Ummm!! guys, ain't you seeing? only someone in The Family can have access to the Sosai's phone.. remember when Chris and Nina traced the invisible one -the caller/person giving the orders to Gus- back to the Sosai.. also remember just recently when Gus told Victor something about the family calling the hit on Nina.. Andrew is dead for real.. someone insde The Family is power-hungry.. it's Bernard

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] by Oladim001(m): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
Bobolayefa:

Ummm!! guys, ain't you seeing? only someone in The Family can have access to the Sosai's phone.. remember when Chris and Nina traced the invisible one -the caller/person giving the orders to Gus- back to the Sosai.. also remember just recently when Gus told Victor something about the family calling the hit on Nina.. Andrew is dead for real.. someone insde The Family is power-hungry.. it's Bernard
Your opinion though. You seem to be forgetting that Diana was presumed dead before she came out to say she wasnt. What makes you think Andrew is dead. No one has come out to say he saw his dead body, so you can't be so sure. Agreed Bernard's actions sound suspicious lately, but remember when Nina called that number and it was her father's voice she heard. Are you now saying it was Bernard that faked Catona's voice. I think ironkurtain needs to come clarify some things here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.