Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation (13703 Views)

Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / Biafra: Why I’m Flouting Bail Conditions – Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? – Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by basilo101: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
A Biafran confederation of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, and Igbos is a masterstroke. SE will have access to the sea through the channel that form a boundary of akwa ibom and rivers while akwa ibom and cross river get full control of their oil, meanwhile, SE will now hv a soverign govt and start mining their coal and other minerals. IPOB should start proper consultations and get the conditions sought by other ethnic groups for harmonization.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by wiseone28: 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Coolabbie:
Mma, speak for yourself and your ikot. Let them unengen kip their fraud in their red soil enclaves. We dont want dem 2 turn our clean Uyo or Calabar into Aba. Sosongo
sosongo amenam/adenam

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by basilo101: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
Coolabbie:
Mma, speak for yourself and your ikot.
Let them unengen kip their fraud in their red soil enclaves.
We dont want dem 2 turn our clean Uyo or Calabar into Aba.
Sosongo
Lol Uyo is still a village, the flyovers not withstanding. Aba is a commercial hub

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by carnegiefan: 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

This contradictions clearly show you suffering from delusion. Britain n Russian that were on the verge of surrendering where able to provide ammunitions to Nigeria while France could not ? You shamelessly claim Biafra had no support, I had it known they had France support, you termed the support old n absolute. When you learn to blame you Igbos For something as pathetic as not being able to feed your army during a war. Then n only then will there be a sincere hope for Biafra.

Look, the only reason some of us even bother to respond to people like you is to correct a lie or misrepresentation.
France did NOT support Biafra. She had some "sympathies", but that was it.
If France indeed wanted to support Biafra, all she needed to do was to exert maximum pressure on the Camerounian president of the time (Ahmadu Ahidjo) to keep the Biafra/Cameroun borders flowing with heavy arms from Camerounian territory.
Could Cameroun question her god France?
The French were conflicted, so they gave even a worse support. In the situation we found ourselves, it was even better that they did not send "light arms" -some stuff that gave us the false impression of support while our enemies got heavy arms and warplanes.
Biafra lost the war due to poor weapons supply. Thats all.
You can choose to believe otherwise though.
The main reason behind French refusal to offer full support has to do with "international order" (agreements from the Berlin conference that balkanized and shared Africa among white European countries). It is for that same reason that I hope that Nnamdi Kanu is getting support from one of the big players who can either convince the other powers to accept Biafra, or muscle her way through like some are already doing around the world.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
You are very stupid.

Who needs Akwaibom when we already have Rivers and Delta States.

If you guys like, you can join us and if you don't you can stay with Nigeria, but know this, if you fail to join us, Nigeria will finish you people.

Your condition will be worse than that of Imo state who are being owed 12 months salary despite being an oil producing state.

Just wait until Buhari installs an Hausa Fulani stooge in the person of Umana as your Governor, then APC will deal with you people.

You think you can blackmail Biafrans, you will have yourselves to blame because Nigeria can Never allow you leave once we go without you people

So keep doing African man sense, you will soon lose even that una 13% derivation.

Only if you knew what Yorubas and Hausas have planned against you guys, you people will BEG to join us.

ekafine:
only on one basis shall we support biafra agitation. if the the capital of the new biafra is sited in akwa-ibom or cross-river then the possibility of achieving biafra is 85% done. we have the capacity to produce resources to build a biafra that will stand dubai and asian tigers. we have the resources to place the new biafra on the world map to sit side by side with the 8 most industrialized developed countries of the world. we have done it in akwa-ibom with our resources and we shall replicate it in the larger biafra territory. uyo shall be the capital of the new biafra republic.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
Basta-ard, you want to reap where you did not sow

Oya, go and replace Nnamdi Kanu, let me see you succeed.

EUROBOMBER:

Exactly. Ojukwu did not handle the international dimension well at all. How can you have Britain and Russia on one side, just imagine.

It is either we have US/Britain supplying heavy war armament or Russia/China.

Ojukwu's mistakes can never be repeated that is why I believe Kanu should be replaced.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
saynotolies:
[s]Basta-ard, you want to reap where you did not sow

Oya, go and replace Nnamdi Kanu, let me see you succeed.[/s]

I will do a much better job than the shallow-minded kanu asking people to disrupt a crusade simply because Kumuyi is Yoruba.

If I handle this job, I will even play the thing so well that even Yoruba would accept to join the form the republic of Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
The main reasons why Akwaibom can NEVER be capital are

1. They can be attacked from the Sea.

2. A Biafran Capital needs to be located in a state where the indigenes are hardcore believers in the Biafran project

We don't want to site the capital of Biafran in a state that can be penetrated by saboteurs and enemies who will come in and destroy us from within.

If that is too much to ask, then Akwaibom can try to secede alone and let's see how that can work out for them.

They better pray that somehow they will find their own Nnamdi Kanu to help them in their selfish escapade.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
You have just exposed your Yoruba lying arse.

You are a jealous fool and whether you want it or not, Biafra will come and Lagos state IGR will fall.

I just pity your life, cos very soon, hunger go deal with your people well well.

EUROBOMBER:

I will do a much better job than the shallow-minded kanu asking people to disrupt a crusade simply because Kumuyi is Yoruba.

If I handle this job, I will even play the thing so well that even Yoruba would accept to join the form the republic of Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
basilo101:
A Biafran confederation of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, and Igbos is a masterstroke. SE will have access to the sea through the channel that form a boundary of akwa ibom and rivers while akwa ibom and cross river get full control of their oil, meanwhile, SE will now hv a soverign govt and start mining their coal and other minerals. IPOB should start proper consultations and get the conditions sought by other ethnic groups for harmonization.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by cheruv: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The Efik/Ibibio love us, I can assure you that. They are more reliable and trustworthy than the treacherous ijaws.

One again I have to remind you that the second in command in Biafra was Philip Efiong.

This man stood for Biafra to the last, he was the one that risked his life to face the advancing Nigerian army when our own Ojukwu was already in Abidjan.

Do you get it now?
But seriously were you expecting Ojukwu to stay and 'negotiate' And afterwards be led to the guillotine
Some people reasoning sef undecided
Read up the Russo-Finnish war of 1939-1945. After leading the Finns in the resistance war against the Soviets, the President stepped down and allowed a leader who was well respected by Stalin to take over and negotiate with the Soviets.
Even Yosef Stalin himself sometimes says it..that without Emil Karl von Mannerheim, Finland would've fallen under Soviet occupation .
So my brother, Ojukwu did the best thing by "running" and bet me if he stayed back to negotiate and was executed later on(which am sure he'd be),the dissipated Biafran army would come back deadlier and Nigeria would've been fractured long ago.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by pazienza(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
If Biafra be structured the way I personally feel and believe it would be, then no body would even want to host the capital.

If we have a totally autonomous provinces each with their own provincial governor, and total resource control.

I expect a total of like Six provinces, and each province should create as much administrative units as it can take care of.

The central government will be led by a council of the governors of each provinces who Will rotate the leadership of the council amongst themselves in a two years tenure period, such that each province gets to have their governor lead the nation as a president at various points in time.

Under such arrangement, the real power resides within the provinces and not at the centre, and the rotational principle at the centre would also be implemented at the provincial level, such that each administrative unit of any province gets a shot at leading the province.

We can also run three capital cities, the executive at the Northern part of the Akwa-Cross area, the Judiciary at the Igbo region and then the Legislative arm at the Riverine areas.

Each province contribute a percentage of its earning for the running of the central government.

No parasitism.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by cheruv: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
phyllosilicate:
If I were a Biafran, I would gladly accept these conditions. After 10 years as the capital of Biafra, Uyo would be completely Igbonised.
You truly have the gift of foresight! cheesy

For our Mmoño brothers, the capital would've to be at either Atakpa(calabar) or ikot Abasi incase the Ogoni join us.
Enugwu is the capital of Igboland and would remain so...and the coal city can't serve as the capital of both Biafra and Igboland.
Moreover, siting the capital in Atakpa would help in formation of our own Mandarin, as the resident Mmoño lingo would fuse with the lingo of the settling Igbo,producing a hybrid that'd serve in no distant time as our official lingo.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ngwaukwu1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
pazienza:
If Biafra be structured the way I personally feel and believe it would be, then no body would even want to host the capital.

If we have a totally autonomous provinces each with their own provincial governor, and total resource control.

I expect a total of like Six provinces, and each province should create as much administrative units as it can take care of.

The central government will be led by a council of the governors of each provinces who Will rotate the leadership of the council amongst themselves in a two years tenure period, such that each province gets to have their governor lead the nation as a president at various points in time.

Under such arrangement, the real power resides within the provinces and not at the centre, and the rotational principle at the centre would also be implemented at the provincial level, such that each administrative unit of any province gets a shot at leading the province.

We can also run three capital cities, the executive at the Northern the Akwa-Cross area, the Judiciary at the Igbo region and then the Legislative arm at the Riverine areas.

Each province contribute a percentage of its earning for the running of the central government.

No parasitism.

This makes a lot of sense.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
cheruv:

But seriously were you expecting Ojukwu to stay and 'negotiate' And afterwards be led to the guillotine
Some people reasoning sef undecided
Read up the Russo-Finnish war of 1939-1945. After leading the Finns in the resistance war against the Soviets, the President stepped down and allowed a leader who was well respected by Stalin to take over and negotiate with the Soviets.
Even Yosef Stalin himself sometimes says it..that without Emil Karl von Mannerheim, Finland would've fallen under Soviet occupation .
So my brother, Ojukwu did the best thing by "running" and bet me if he stayed back to negotiate and was executed later on(which am sure he'd be),the dissipated Biafran army would come back deadlier and Nigeria would've been fractured long ago.

I am not Ojukwu's escape. I have always stated it here that only a foolish General allows himself to be captured when there is room for escape.

Ojukwu did the right thing by evading capture but what I said is the truth, it was Effiong that stood to negotiate surrender or am I lying

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
carnegiefan:

You can choose to believe otherwise though.
The main reason behind [b]French refusal to offer full support [/b]has to do with "international order" (agreements from the Berlin conference that balkanized and shared Africa among white European countries). It is for that same reason that I hope that Nnamdi Kanu is getting support from one of the big players who can either convince the other powers to accept Biafra, or muscle her way through like some are already doing around the world.

You definitely sound more intelligent than Ojukwu who does not understand the role those super powers play during conflict globally. Back to my argument I am not concerned about France giving Biafra half quarter or minimal support. All am concerned n argued about is that France supported Biafra.

That you are not able to maximise that support n to later cry victim now is another topic for another day. We can argue till dusk how much support you need to win a war. There are countries that had lesser super power support and still prevailed. Vietnam Korea comes to mind.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Where was the artillery given to us when we had to manufacture the Ogbunigwe?

It baffles me when Igbos that I know are reasonably intelligent argue foolishly. Do you expect Nigeria to facilitate the supply of weaponry to Biafra just like you also expected Nigerians to be supplying you with UN food when you are at war with it ?

Maybe it's me but if am confronted with those option as the only option to win a war I won't think twice about it.

When would you Igbos sit down and blame your leaders most especially Ojukwu. Why can't he secure a route via Cameroon to receive food and ammunitions ? Is that not a glaring failure of diplomacy ?

Does that alone not prove or tell that you have dead brains as leaders during the conflict. Kanu is disparaging Britain at a time when the entire western world is putting up a bold front against ISIS, Russia n possibly China.

Igbos will come back shortly claiming victim after beating your chest senselessly at those super powers that they are not supporting you with ammunitions. I just do not know how you intend to achieve Biafra if you can not comprehend this basics.

What role does chest beating play in diplomacy please tell me ?
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by rman: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
There is no egalitarian society anywhere in the world.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

It baffles me when Igbos that I know are reasonably intelligent argue foolishly. Do you expect Nigeria to facilitate the supply of weaponry to Biafra just like you also expected Nigerians to be supplying you with UN food when you are at war with it ?

Maybe it's me but if am confronted with those option as the only option to win a war I won't think twice about it.

When would you Igbos sit down and blame your leaders most especially Ojukwu. Why can't he secure a route via Cameroon to receive food and ammunitions ? Is that not a glaring failure of diplomacy ?

Does that alone not prove or tell that you have dead brains as leaders during the conflict. Kanu is disparaging Britain at a time when the entire western world is putting up a bold front against ISIS, Russia n possibly China.

Igbos will come back shortly claiming victim after beating your chest senselessly at those super powers that they are not supporting you with ammunitions. I just do not know how you intend to achieve Biafra if you can not comprehend this basics.

What role does chest beating play in diplomacy please tell me ?

I don't think you reason well and your lack comprehension skills. Start from page one and read all my posts again this time carefully then you will get answers to the loads of rubbish you wrote up there.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Deltagiant: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
pazienza:

We can also run three capital cities, the executive at the Northern part of the Akwa-Cross area, the Judiciary at the Igbo region and then the Legislative arm at the Riverine areas.

No parasitism.

Endorsed. A peculiar solution to a Peculiar situation.

Title of the head of the central government: President Of The Council Of Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I don'r think you reason well and your lack comprehension skills. Start from page one and read all my posts again this time carefully then you will get answers to the loads of rubbish you wrote up there.

Ballmer:

Ballmer:

I ask just two questions n I do not see answers to that in any post on NL, that's because you are so afraid to face the truth. An Igbo man will eagerly blame others for his woes but would never own up to his shortcomings.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 6:05am On Nov 10, 2015
pazienza:

No parasitism.

Good point

We can even rotate the capital from one ethnic group to another every 10years in order to give every one a sense of belonging. cool
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Obiagu1(m): 6:53am On Nov 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Honestly Nnamdi kanu is not smart enough to handle this agitation, someone else with a lot of diplomacy and tact should take over.

Look dude, since you are smarter than Nnamdi Kanu.

I challenge you to not post a thing again on Nairaland ever until you create your 'smart' movement that could handle the agitation smarter.

Big shame on you if you post again here with no proof of a movement under your name.

You are damn dumb and an irritant!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Obiagu1(m): 6:58am On Nov 10, 2015
ekafine:
only on one basis shall we support biafra agitation. if the the capital of the new biafra is sited in akwa-ibom or cross-river then the possibility of achieving biafra is 85% done. we have the capacity to produce resources to build a biafra that will stand dubai and asian tigers. we have the resources to place the new biafra on the world map to sit side by side with the 8 most industrialized developed countries of the world. we have done it in akwa-ibom with our resources and we shall replicate it in the larger biafra territory. uyo shall be the capital of the new biafra republic.

If you think blackmail is preferable to negotiation, then you can take your support and shove it inside there!

Nonsense.

Remain in Nigeria, the Fulani will soon turn your farmlands to grazing field and your families massacred for complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2015
Obiagu1:

Look dude, since you are smarter than Nnamdi Kanu.

I challenge you to not post a thing again on Nairaland ever until you create your 'smart' movement that could handle the agitation smarter.

Big shame on you if you post again here with no proof of a movement under your name.

You are damn dumb and an irritant!

Get lost fvcker!

I have posted now go and drown in the Niger river.

Ape.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2015
Obiagu1:

[s]If you think blackmail is preferable to negotiation, then you can take your support and shove it inside there!

Nonsense.

Remain in Nigeria, the Fulani will soon turn your farmlands to grazing field and your families massacred for complaining.[/s]

Chest beater!!!

Where has all this braggadocio taken the Igbos all these years?

Igbos must learn humility and the ability to stoop to conquer.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by khSteel: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2015
@ Ekafine

Your submission comes off somewhat as an emotional blackmail which I honestly doubt will work. Honestly, some of us can still see through the written words/text.

@ all

Why the fight? Lets' make our submissions/suggestions in the most civil manner. A lot of people get insights from what we write on this board.

My suggestions:

I will like us to focus the new Biafra only on the willing sections preferably all Igbo areas in SE & parts of Benue & SS; for non-Igbo areas - if Cross River, Akwa-Ibom & (maybe parts of Rivers States) are willing to join the new Biafra, then, lets consider the possibility of creating a new Federal Capital at the intersection between Umuahia/Ikot Ekpene/Calabar (we can cave out these area as the new FCT and settle the people there for their lands and then neutralize these area for all the people/nations of Biafra to have as our home/FCT.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 10, 2015
Biafra capital territory is subject to agreement between members. Meanwhile, the capital won't be envied by others as development will be across board. Development will not be focusing on resource but on personal efforts.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Obiagu1(m): 9:14am On Nov 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Chest beater!!!

Where has all this braggadocio taken the Igbos all these years?

Igbos must learn humility and the ability to stoop to conquer.

Humility by being cheated
Seems you're a born slave.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2015
Obiagu1:

Humility by being cheated
Seems you're a born slave.

You can never understand because ridiculous pride and arrogance have beclouded your sense of reasoning.

I smh.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Obiagu1(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You can never understand because ridiculous pride and arrogance have beclouded your sense of reasoning.

I smh.

Understand what?

Being cheated?
Just answer me.
Is that a display of humility to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Road Maintenance Agency Recieves 100 New Construction Equipment. / Job Seekers Besiege National Assembly Complex / Bandits’ Control Of 23 LGAs Is Alarming - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.