Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation (13681 Views)

Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / Biafra: Why I’m Flouting Bail Conditions – Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? – Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:
The problem is that you would not get one hectecre of land from Delta. Like you strive to have Efik/ Ibibio, Nigeria too will strive to keep Delta as a minority and there's nothing you can do about it.

The Deltan can now decide if they want Delta State to be the next Kashmir, like India is doing to protect its boundaries or like Syria recently became to protect the boundaries of Iran n Turkey. That call is not n will never be for the SS or Biafra to decide.

You're fighting a losing battle. States doesn't and will never define the people.

There is no tribe/people called "Delta State", do you understand that? angry

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

That is why I am pushing for negotiations with them because we believe in them, it will be left for them to accept or decline our negotiations.

Nigeria can try to convince the Asaba/Anioma people if they can.

Are we clear now?
I was clear about your intention from the word go. You need to be clear that you'd never have Delta as part of Biafra. It does not matter whether the Deltans want to be part of Biafra or not.

I repeat the best Delta can be is another Kashmir or Ukraine if they chose Biafra ahead of Nigeria. The ball is not in their court. Do you understand that now ?

Am not interested in arguing blindly a minority ceding tribe "Igbo" can not tell Nigeria it as the right to cede with minority that are Igbos n and the ones that are not Igbos. Do you Igbos understand that now ?

You can not agitate that Igbo are being marginalised to decide that you want Igbo freedom attached with that of other minorities. The Igbo that can not be a minority in Nigeria does not deserve to have any other minority in it's Biafra. Do you both understand now ?

FrankAba1:

You're fighting a losing battle. States doesn't and will never define the people.

There is no tribe/people called "Delta State", do you understand that? angry

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:
I was clear about your intention from the word go. You need to be clear that you'd never have Delta as part of Biafra. It does not matter whether the Deltans want to be part of Biafra or not.

I repeat the best Delta can be is another Kashmir / Ukraine if they chose Biafra ahead of Nigeria. The ball is not in their court. Do you understand that now.

Lol. Go away you person of subnormal intelligence. You're simply seeking attention.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

I repeat the best Delta can be is another Kashmir / Ukraine if they chose Biafra ahead of Nigeria. The ball is not in their court. Do you understand that now.

Are you insinuating that we will force the Efik/Ibibio? That is not an option for us.

If Nigeria encroaches into our territory then it is a call for war and by all means they will have it.

What we will do this time is to ensure that we get some super powers behind us not like Ojukwu who let the British and Russia stay on one side. embarassed
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you insinuating that we will force the Efik/Ibibio? that is not an option for us.

If Nigeria encroaches into a territory then it is a call for war and by all means they will have it.

What we will do this time is to ensure that we get some super powers behind us not like Ojukwu who let the British and Russia stay on one side. embarassed

We will never make Ojukwu's mistake. cool
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
FrankAba1:

Lol. Go away you person of subnormal intelligence. You're simply seeking attention.

You hate the truth but the truth hates you even more. You do not eat your cake n have it.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
EternalTruths:

We will never make Ojukwu's mistake. cool

Exactly. Ojukwu did not handle the international dimension well at all. How can you have Britain and Russia on one side, just imagine.

It is either we have US/Britain supplying heavy war armament or Russia/China.

Ojukwu's mistakes can never be repeated that is why I believe Kanu should be replaced.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
@OP, i personally won't mind having the Great capital of Biafra in Major-General Philip Efiong's village. He was the unsung hero IMO.

God bless him!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
FrankAba1:
@OP, i personally won't mind having the Great capital of Biafra in Major-General Philip Efiong's village. He was the unsung hero IMO.

God bless him!

Gbam!

That man risked his life to face armed advancing Nigerian soldiers to surrender and save even the Igbos while Ojukwu was already in Abidjan.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you insinuating that we will force the Efik/Ibibio? that is not an option for us.

If Nigeria encroaches into a territory then it is a call for war and by all means they will have it.

On whose side was France on in the Biafra war and what role did the Russians play in the war ? You beta desist from making a mockery of history if you are not knowledgeable about it.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

You hate the truth but the truth hates you even more. You do not eat your cake n have it.

Ha! Which Truth? Nigerians don't do truth. Sorry, i don't eat cake....

Anyway, go away, People are not Objects.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Exactly. Ojukwu did not handle the international dimension well at all. How can you have Britain and Russia on one side, just imagine.

It is either we have US/Britain supplying heavy war armament or Russia/China.

Ojukwu's mistakes can never be repeated that is why I believe Kanu should be replaced.

KANU has international backings but won't expose them for fear that Nigeria government bride them with Ships of oil.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

On whose side was France on in the Biafra war and what role did the Russians play in the war ? You beta desist from making a mockery of history if you are not knowledgeable about it.

You call France a world power as at that time? They were just so-called but in reality there was nothing special about France.

France was the only world power that was completely humiliated and occupied by German forces in WW2. They had to surrender to the Germans in weeks or be destroyed.

They only supplied us some prehistoric WW1 abandoned weapons to fight with. The standard rifle for the average Biafran soldier was the bolt-action rifle, go and read.

meanwhile, as at that time Russia had already supplied Nigeria with as much as 112 mm heavy artillery guns. Nigeria had heavy mobile Armour and much better air support than Biafra yet with all these they sustained heavier military casualties than the Biafran side then imagine what would have happened if we had weapons close to what Nigeria had.

The Nigerian army is actually overrated and only win when they have overwhelming advantage over the enemy like we are seeing with boko haram now.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
EternalTruths:

KANU has international backings but won't expose them for fear that Nigeria government bride them with Ships of oil.

Whatever, he should be more diplomatic that's all I am saying even if he has backing of CIA/MOSSAD.

Great Britain is the father of Nigeria and must never be insulted.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by phyllosilicate(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
If I were a Biafran, I would gladly accept these conditions. After 10 years as the capital of Biafra, Uyo would be completely Igbonised.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Macelliot(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Iykopee:

Anoda yorubastard. Una no dey tire?
What's ur problem?
Why call ekafine yorubastard?

I'm Igbo. I strongly believe that if Biafra comes, certainly, the capital should not be in Igboland... (100%)
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Macelliot(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
phyllosilicate:
If I were a Biafran, I would gladly accept these conditions. After 10 years as the capital of Biafra, Uyo would be completely Igbonised.
fallacy..
Ur Divide and rule tactic isn't gonna work...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You call France a world power as at that time? They were just so-called but in reality there was nothing special about France.

France was the only world power that was completely humiliated and occupied by German forces in WW2. They had to surrender to the Germans in weeks or be destroyed.

They only supplied us some prehistoric WW1 abandoned weapons to fight with. The standard rifle for the average Biafran soldier was the bolt-action rifle, go and read.

meanwhile, as at that time Russia had already supplied Nigeria with as much as 112 mm heavy artillery guns. Nigeria had heavy mobile Armour and much better air support than Biafra yet with all these they sustained heavier military casualties than the Biafran side then imagine what would have happened if we had weapons close to what Nigeria had.

The Nigerian army is actually overrated and only win when they have overwhelming advantage over the enemy like we are seeing with boko haram now.

I don't even know how to respond to this gibberish you just dished out. If France is not a super power at whatever date I guess Israel is right?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
phyllosilicate:
[s]If I were a Biafran, I would gladly accept these conditions. After 10 years as the capital of Biafra, Uyo would be completely Igbonised.[/s]

We are brothers with the Efik/Ibibio who stood by us in blood from 1967-1970.

They can as well 'Efiknise/Ibibionise' Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

I don't even know how to respond to this gibberish you just dished out. If France is not a super power at whatever date I guess Israel is right?

When did I call Israel a super power? You have nothing to say because I laid the truth before you.

France was the only big name that was completely humiliated by Germany in WW2, the records are there.

Britain was at the verge of surrender but managed to survive same with the Russians.

France gave us some prehistoric weapons to use so you cannot compare that with the kind of assistance Nigeria received from Russia & Britain.

Biafran soldiers had to count/ration bullets like biscuits at some point so what are you talking about?

If Nigeria wants war, they shall have it and we shall meet them frontally not like boko haram hit and run.

They know how it was on the battle field with Biafrans back then and I can tell you that this is 2015 not 1967, go figure what that means.

Nuff said.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by phyllosilicate(m): 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
Macelliot:

fallacy..
Ur Divide and rule tactic isn't gonna work...

I am not a Yoruba nor an Hausa that would benefit from your division, I just said the truth.

Uyo would be complete Igbo city if it is the capital of Biafra, all igboes would relocate their, they would buy up all the lands, dominate the market, contest for all ellection including councelor postions. After 10 years Uyo would be more Igbo than Enugu.

If I were from Akwa ibom/ Cross rivers, i would negotiate for a semi autonomus region in Biafra and the Land us law must state that the land belong to the indigenes. Not forgeting resource control.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
France was the only big name that was completely humiliated by Germany in WW2, the records are there.

Britain was at the verge of surrender but managed to survive same with the Russians.

France gave us some prehistoric weapons to use so you cannot compare that with the kind of assistance Nigeria received from Russia & Britain.

This contradictions clearly show you suffering from delusion. Britain n Russian that were on the verge of surrendering where able to provide ammunitions to Nigeria while France could not ? You shamelessly claim Biafra had no support, I had it known they had France support, you termed the support old n absolute. When you learn to blame you Igbos For something as pathetic as not being able to feed your army during a war. Then n only then will there be a sincere hope for Biafra.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:

This contradictions clearly show you suffering from delusion. Britain n Russian that were on the verge of surrendering where able to provide ammunitions to Nigeria while France could not ? You shamelessly claim Biafra had no support, I had it known they had France support, you termed the support old n absolute. When you learn to blame you Igbos For something as pathetic as not being able to feed your army during a war. Then n only then will there be a sincere hope for Biafra.

Go and sit down. I gave you the analogy of Britan/Russia as against France to show you that they have much more respect militarily than France.

The records are there if you care to do a little reaserch.

Nigeria received heavy mobile armour including ferrets from Britain/Russia, they received very lethal towed artillery guns and sophisticated rifles. Go and find out, the standard riffle of the Biafran soldier was the bolt-action so where was this wonderful support we got from France? I read a book on the civil war written by J. K Madiebo and discovered that France supplied obsolete weapons to Biafra unlike Britan/Russia.

Why did we have to use our own ingenuity to create the Ogbunigwe aka Ojukwu bucket and rockets? Where were the weapons i,e. tanks/artillery etc that France gave to us?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Ballmer: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Why did we have to use our own ingenuity to create the Ogbunigwe aka Ojukwu bucket and rockets? Where were the weapons i,e. tanks/artillery etc that France gave to us?
Was that what Biafra invaded Edo state with or the Igbo aggressor is already playing victim again ?

Reading a book written by an Igbo could be likened to living in a fool's paradise if you consider Half of a yellow sun or the account of Achebe. I would advice you read foreigner account to have real account of what happened. The Igbos can be claiming all Saintly yet poking noses before the war only to claim victim after being beaten silly.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Truckpusher(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
Smh
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ballmer:
Was that what Biafra invaded Edo state with or the Igbo aggressor is already playing victim again ?

Reading a book written by an Igbo could be likened to living in a fool's paradise if you consider Half of a yellow sun or the account of Achebe. I would advice you read foreigner account to have real account of what happened. The Igbos can be claiming all Saintly yet poking noses before the war only to claim victim after being beaten silly.

The fact is that all throughout that war the Igbos had no reasonable heavy weapons, even the Nigerian side admits this so I don't understand why this argument.

The only tank Igbos used at one time was locally made aka Oguta boy. Where were the sophisticated guns given to us when we were using the bolt action??

Where was the artillery given to us when we had to manufacture the Ogbunigwe?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
Smh

Why are your shaking your head Truckpusher?
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Truckpusher(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

At your ignorance before and the sudden overnight common sense that you seem to have.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Because his anti Biafran stand is not accepted by the Mnonoids cool
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
At your ignorance before and the sudden overnight common sense that you seem to have.

Explain further for better understanding. cool
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
Truckpusher:

Care to highlight the areas I have shown to be ignorant here?

I always had my 'common sense' but had to address some issues when guys were shouting 'Leave our oyel.'
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by trapQ: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
tho I do not support Biafra, but you sound very reasonable.
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Sweet talker! I am not like you.
The leaders will sit and negotiate, I will not be as lame or deceitful as you are, to lie online just to get the support of one or some more persons.
I have been in aba since yesterday, going to Enugu soon, everyone has been protesting, what have we heard from our BIAFRAN cells in akwa-ibom? From calabar?
And you say what? Are you a true BIAFRAN? Your signature doesn't say so!
I am a realist, the OP should tell their leaders to come with their own recommendations, unlike you, I will not paint the possibility of giving the capital to anyone. When we get there, we will cross it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Reward Whistle-blowers On Illegal Weapons – Presidency / Magaret Obi Holds Town Hall Meeting With Women In Niger State / EFCC Chairman Orders Operatives To Declare Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.