Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,896 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87946 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by MadMax1(f): 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2008
All his books are sort of similar. He's a bit of a moralist too. No one, and I mean no one, gets away with it in his books.You kill someone or mess up somehow and you're done for! And once he sucks you into his world he doesn't let you go until he spits you out at the end of the book.

I loved The Vulture is a Patient Bird, so different. Another favourite, Help, I cant recall the title! There's a woman, I think her name was Helga, married to a rich old guy. She's the loose type. The husband has a stroke in a fit of rage,and lay in bed sans speech, but conceiving a hatred for her. They have a butler. The're all in Tahiti or Haiti or some other voodoo country. One night someone stabs a voodoo doll of the hubby with a needle to the head or heart, and he dies. She sees a boy young enough to be her so, falls for him. A mysterious young girl turns up who's more than a match for her. I forget how it ends but it turned out the girl was the husband's long-estraged daughter. Omigod I cant recall the title. And I read it over a dozen times!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cola: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2008
I hold the four aces
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by MadMax1(f): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2008
Really? Thanks.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by djcrucifix(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2008
what can i say? the guy is good. shikeina
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by spicy007(f): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2008
no, he's not good, he's one of the BEST, whether dead or alive
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2008
Didn't know this thread existed and certainly did not know some one has read 86 that's 16 more than me, darn it!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by seanpees(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
James Hadley Chase is no doubt one of the finest writer of crime thrillers. He had strong imagination for names, names that remain forever in your memory-LU Silk, Mark Girland, Tom Lepski, Art Galgano, Toni Capello, Dave Fenner etc . He also had good knack for memeorable titles. His plots are also impressive. I studied him for many years to get the art of storytelling. But then every book has its time, -though his books still make interesting readings, other more contemporary writers have overtaken him. or rather time has overtaken his novels. you can't compare the imagination evoke by Grisham's writing to Chase's.Grisham's plot and setting seem to be something you can relate with. Chase's belonged to a distant past. However, for any aspiring author, you can study Chase to learn how to condense facts into simple sentence, how to describe a character without mincing words, how to make a character sticks in your reader' memory and also how to create suspense.
you can add these titles:
Eve
do me a favour drop dead
like hole in the head
tiger by the tail
mallory
what's better than money?
lay her among the lilies
an ear to the ground
just for the record
you find her, i fix her
No orchid for Miss Blandish
The flesh of the Orchid
The Doll's Bad news
This is for real
Why pick on me
Mission to venice
mission to Siena
Consider yourself dead
double shuffle
An ace up my sleeve
I hold the aces*
deadlier than the male
Miss Callaghan comes to grief(written in 1948 as Ambrose Grant)
I will bury my dead
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by seanpees(m): 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
add these titles:
Sucker punch
Lady here's your wreath
the wary transgressor
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by seanpees(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
One bright Summer morning
Goldfish has no hiding place
No lotus for Miss Quon
I'd rather stay poor
Pull a fast one*
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by shilling(f): 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2008
I was crazy about his books when I was younger now I don't really even see them to read anymore! But, he's really a good writer.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cbase: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2008
he's a good writer, n he was not an american, yet he writes like he's been there all his life
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2008
I have uploaded 40 Chase books to: http://www.esnips.com/web/JamesHadleyChase/ with the last one being Not Safe To Be Free which is in a new format (.djvu). So viewing the book needs a special viewer which I have provided in the web page.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by ollybabe: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2008
you eant to be very smart then get all the copies of jame hadley chase,although most of his cover page portry some else but the are nice poet,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pizzz4all(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
hey guys james hardly is really cool.
i think the best i ve read although i ve over 50 copies of it is "the vulture is a patient bird"
keep reading chase!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Dewaxyyy: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2008
grin
Please don't laugh at me Oh! for those old timers please let me know where to purchase any of these book. I was a kid when these Chase books where reigning in Nijja. I actually had big Cousins beating themselves in the back yard of our house to read these books.But me i was too young and since growing up these same babas who are my cousin are now reminiscing the old days and being an avid reader myself i am so curious and i really am desperate to read one or two chase books. Me i am more the Sidney Sheldon,Dan Brown and John Grisham type but there is no missing a good era. So boys and girls what is the way forward with this? Where can i buy from? Show me the wayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2008
Hello,
I have uploaded two James Hadley Chase novels in e-book format to my site:
www.esnips.com/web/jameshadleychase
The books are:

No Business Of Mine
More Deadly Than The Male
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by chika98: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2008
vic_malloy:

Hello,
I have uploaded two James Hadley Chase novels in e-book format to my site:
www.esnips.com/web/jameshadleychase
The books are:

No Business Of Mine
More Deadly Than The Male

Thanks dude
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by toholo: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2008
Maddox ! he had COP written all over him !
does anyone have a pic of someone who would look like Maddox ?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by dayokanu(m): 7:15am On Dec 22, 2008
I loved "The vulture is a patient bird",

I read a lot and wrote the titles down. I wrote up to 72 before I lost my records.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by MadMax1(f): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2008
'Vulture' is the most different. So good. But it's hard to pick the best.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Bishop(m): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2009
Hmmmmm,

Remember coffin from hong kong,its really been a long time, i am wondering if we had studied our books the same way we read James hardley chase lol.

There is one i can't remember,

This guy is a writer he goes to a secluded place on vacation and he is kidnapped after an attempted robbery close to his house all his cooks are murdered.

help me out
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by fireangels(f): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2009
Bishop:

Hmmmmm,

Remember coffin from hong kong,its really been a long time, i am wondering if we had studied our books the same way we read James hardley chase lol.

There is one i can't remember,

This guy is a writer he goes to a secluded place on vacation and he is kidnapped after an attempted robbery close to his house all his cooks are murdered.

help me out

One bright summer morning
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by sevenseas(m): 12:59am On Jan 04, 2009
anyone read:

'We shall share a double funeral'

that was the best.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by dayokanu(m): 9:09am On Jan 05, 2009
The name Vito Ferrari stuck to my brains since

Who also remembered "Figure it out for yourself" where rats were eating people
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by sevenseas(m): 9:27am On Jan 05, 2009
dayokanu:

The name Vito Ferrari stuck to my brains since

Who also remembered "Figure it out for yourself" where rats were eating people

Vito Ferrari, how can anyone ever forget that.

I am sure I read 'figure it out for yourself but cant remember it.

I enjoyed: 'so what happens to me'
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Chasey(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
Vic- Malloy, I admit to have read many of the books you have downloaded on "esnips". U ave done a great
job and it must be very taxing. However i appeal that you continue and do not give up. One day we shall
receive copies of those books that you did not get and shall have all JHC works online.
You surely have contributed a lot and i must thank you.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by TOYOSI20(f): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2009
I loved Like A Hole In the Head, was real nice cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vatr: 5:05am On Jul 23, 2009
Dear JHC fans,

I would ask those of You, who own JHC books "A Lotus for Miss Quon" and "Not Safe to be Free" to send me scans/photos of the following little excerpts to the address m.slizys@litrail.lt:
1. The very ending of Chapter 10 of "A Lotus for Miss Quon" (the last page);
2. First four pages of Chapter 8 of "Not Safe to be Free".
Unfortunately, these blocks of text are missing in the copies of the novels that I have, so I would be very grateful.

Thanks.
Mindaugas
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by sonerisaga: 9:00am On Sep 10, 2009
Do you want James Hadley Chase Novels to read in PDF format

Download for free from here http://www.esnips.com/web/James-Hadley-Chase

Enjoy
If you have PDF other than my collection. Please give me download links

Bravo and Cheers for JHC , !!! grin
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by stone07(m): 11:57am On Sep 10, 2009
you all have 4gotten Ferari.The mos dangerous killer in James Hadley Chase books.i still remember Believe Violent,Find him i fix him, Miss Shunway waves a wand,the funny story.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by MT: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2009
Hmnn James Hadley Chase !. His novels really enhance my writting skill. I am so indebted to him.

His novels are very very addctive. You wont ever let go !. I have read other authors like Sidney Sheldon, Robert Ludlum etc., however, they are great crime writer as well, but James Hadley Chase will always lead the pack as far as I'm concerned.

His story plots and english construct are second to none!. wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vatr: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2009
I have put rtf file of NOT MY THING to http://www.esnips.com/web/JHC-ebooks
Enjoy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.