Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. (55285 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? / A Third-class Graduate Now Turning Down Job Offers From Multinationals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by prettyamebo: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Skibofire(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
kaycexx:

Yes baba.
correct.na imsu I dey try run.Na Nekede u do ur ND?
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Mekzmoney(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
Yes ooo... Very soon.
Baboo13:

As in after all the information we entered

It is well, better things are coming ahead

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Mekzmoney(m): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lols.....

10k God u confessed....

Amadioha has 4givn u buh he will still visit d original writer... D guy is high wit Kogi weed... grin

because m an engr, polytechnic graduate. In fact, from Federal Polytechnic Idah, Kogi State to be precise, and I've not seen any Uni student beta than me bro.

So no think am....
ayusco85:

hahahahaha. no be me write am o. i copy and paste am. so swear for the original author. but 5 is true na. infact all are true
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by kaycexx(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
Skibofire:
correct.na imsu I dey try run.Na Nekede u do ur ND?

Oko poly..
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by bofoy(m): 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nwanna2588:
It all depends on who has a political godfather. Your grade as a B.Sc holder, your grade as a HND holder does not matter.
What matters is who is there for you after graduation.
nonsense
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by ayusco85(m): 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mekzmoney:
Lols.....

10k God u confessed....

Amadioha has 4givn u buh he will still visit d original writer... D guy is high wit Kogi weed... grin

because m an engr, polytechnic graduate. In fact, from Federal Polytechnic Idah, Kogi State to be precise, and I've not seen any Uni student beta than me bro.

So no think am....

bros its not our fault. it has been like this since time imo river grin grin. blame our founding fathers

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Skibofire(m): 6:45am On Nov 12, 2015
kaycexx:

Oko poly..
aii bro
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by eddieo(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2015
You are good in privaricating around a pointprobably you have an issue with comprehension...Did Mr. Nwosu start his lecturing career with HND certificate only?...you pretend not to understand my questions and keep diverting and telling me things i know already...For your information even in universities there are poly graduates that lecture and are even Professors today (ask of Professor Jatau, Prof Nkeonye and Ellah IN Ahmadu Bello University) but this is after the got their PGD, Msc and PhD...lecturing by poly graduates isnt even restricted to poly alone. No one ever said HND was a disease but for you making them feel its the same with a BSc degree is highly misleading. talking about facilities, have you gone round the universities to see upgraded facilities and equipment through the assitance from STEP B Project, TetFund Project, Presidential NEEDS assesment projects, LNG Projects.dont be limited to a one time facility center in yabatech..You are interacting with someone who has had lecturing experiences in both institutions (poly and university).ill pm you my skpe id no anytime you are online. do as you are pleased but definitely i wont call you first...what will i do with your certificates? you dont actually mean it that you want me to call you. stop trying to play reverse psychology on me.. As i said call me first. ill not even flash research papers at you ill give you link to reputable publishing houses with strong impact factors where you ll see my publications and download to keep for your references...ive sent you a pm, hit me up when you are online and we will start the process you requested for. i hope you don't end up embarrassing yourself...i patiently wait for you to come online
50pseamer:

Its unfortunate that you could not pick the answers to the questions you asked from the essay i gave you. To help you again go to the website of yabatech you will see the academic profile of the lecturers there, for example the HOD of Industrial Maintenance Engineering going by nwosu by name had HND,PGD and M.tech i think, not interested in a arguement with you,because if i told you that yabatech had the best welding facility at a time you should have extracted the answer to your question from it, about facilities.
I cant send you a copy of my certificate to convince you but add me on skype markjjother and you can see my certificates pictures of my time at uni, awards and maybe i can flash to you a couple of written papers only on skype so you dont have a copy of my credentials, doing this just to make you see reasons that HND is not a disease. And you obviously know very little and think you are smart. Why should I lie about a university degree, I guess you really attach so much value to it. And you think its a basis to claim seniority. And when you call me on skype have your certicate photos to prove you went to the uni, academic and research papers you have written ready, just to show on skype and then i can talk further. This is a challenge dont say someone is just an HND or PGD holder when you have no proof and its so apparent you did little research because a short visit to yabatech website would have proved you wrong on the lecturer/instructor issue. I invite you to show me with proof that you are better than me, and to show me you have bachelors and i dont, will be waiting for you to call on skype dont chicken out!
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by ukeme200(m): 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
50pseamer:

My friend you just showed that you do not research matters properly, as an Alumni of yabatech, University of Sunderland , and the University of Paderborn, all Institutions with exceptional Academic records especially the last two,who have made ground breaking research and discouveries that your so called University are yet to replicate.
There are various lecturers in Yabatech that have HND, PGD(just because of closed minded policy makers that reflect your kind of view), Msc,and some of them also have Phd, while i was there our Dean Engr. Dr K B Osifala was a Phd Holder.Its easy yabatech has a website go there and inform yourself, also ask for the course content and outline of the Individual courses so that you can make more objective judgement, i can also remember that yabatech at a time had a handful of HND students that were already chattered accountants , showing the folly of our government, its middle level, useless but they have higher ICAN passing rates than University graduates, does that not show foolishness at a very high order since ICAN happens to be the biggest proffesional huddle for accountants.
If you will be true to yourself and if you understand the meaning of Phd It is only a deeper look into an area of a topic, that does not neccesarily give general mastery in a broad field of knowledge , only a deeper look in a particular field in which some of your so called proffessors dont even lecture, because Nigerian Universities are so myopic that the Universities dont even have autonomy in formulating the course composition of their various degrees.
and depending on the course a Masters degree holder with long years of practical experience may be better than a Phd holder in a topic. Open your mind and reason along the line of logic, common sense and advancement and maybe you will see my point.
but only if youre open minded. I have been through both systems and thank God i had the grace of recieving the highest qualification from a University and i have various papers, projects to attest to the grace of God, in case youre an engineer and are interested in learning more about Fuel cells and future potential as it relates to Nigeria contact me and lets compare notes since you seem to be an almighty fountain of knowledge just because you attended a University, which we have also attended.

You have said it all. I blame our policy makers for bin myopic.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by butanep(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Why will HND be the same with B.Sc. They are not the same and can never be the same. IF you need B.Sc , go to university to obtained it. A distinction in HND is like a second class lower in some universities. what do they even learn? Those 50 to 100 pages pamphlet they called text books written by one Mr Osasu not even a doctor or professor. When a full department don't have a professor or doctor. sometimes the faculty will just have one doctor or professor which is the dean or HOD. The system should be overhauled if you want then to be even close.

If you think degree is easy, after your ND, take a direct entry to university or after HND, go for your M.SC

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Unitedabby(m): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
4lorunsho:
can I talk to u personally on whatsapp
hope i'm safe sha?lol well you can e-mail me preferably... United_abby@yahoo.com
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Fearcom(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
bulletproofmonk:

It is grammar like this that causes the discrimination

Mr it is 'that caused the discrimination' or 'that is the reason for the discrimination', not 'that causes the discrimination'. Seems like you're not so bulletproof after all.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by seyifunmi111: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
dipopooo:

Gud of u! Took d same step years ago

Does the step works for you??
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by dipopooo(m): 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
seyifunmi111:

Does the step works for you??

Yes
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by mena233(f): 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by seyifunmi111: 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
baba11:
Had it been that i was not advise against obtaining hnd when i was already in ND 1 second semester, I would definitely have been in his shoes.

I give thanks to God oooooooooo cool

You later obtained D E after your ND? I hope this would work for me too.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by seyifunmi111: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
dipopooo:

Yes

It is well bro. That is what am thinking about. I obtain my D E form next year . May God help me.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by seyifunmi111: 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
dipopooo:

Yes

It is well bro. That is what am thinking about. I'll obtain my D E form next year . May God help me.
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by baba11(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2015
seyifunmi111:

You later obtained D E after your ND? I hope this would work for me too.
No.....I got the two degrees(ND and BSc).
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by RAFZY(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2015
I'm sorry to say we have big problem in this country because we tend to focus on things that are not relevant, please I want to ask what has been the impact of our qualification to the economical growth of this country, the BSC holders claims to be superior, in terms of technology we are no where to be found and we all claim to be Engineers, we all are pure consumers rather then maufacturers and we still claim to be Engineers. ever since I hav been born I have been hearing of BSC, MSC, PHD in egineering, what has the so called holders of these degrees contributed to our technology. look at China, US etc this countries are advanced in technology, please visit one of these countries and you understand Nigeria is sleeping and snoring, please we ought to reason , let's forget this discrimination and work together as one.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Qlock(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
I honestly don't get the reason why HND holders are bitter about the so called discrimination against them. Of course no one likes being on the receiving end of discrimination. Before they equate BSc and HND my question I would love them to answer is what stopped them from going to a university to obtain a BSc rather than a polytechnic?

1 Like

Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by kaycexx(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
Skibofire:
aii bro

Admitted..
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Skibofire(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
kaycexx:

Admitted..
congrats bro
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by Zandarazanzan: 1:36am On Jan 19, 2016
agreed
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by cjeriia: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2016
Op, I feel for u. The thing is I hold both qualifications and know for sure they are worlds apart. #nuffsaid
Re: Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. by osimimi1: 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
DR. OSIMINI.
DO YOU DESIRE TO BE RICH & FAMOUSE WITHOUT ANY HUMAN
SACRIFICE OR FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL HELP
MONEY RITUALS
POWER TO WIN COURT/POLICE CASES.
DO AS I SAY CHARM.
COMMANDING TONE/RING.
POWER FOR BUSINESS GROWTH/CUSTOMER ATTRACTIONS.
POWER TO WIN LOTTERY,MATCH BETTING,AND BABA IJEBU.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS.
POWER TO CURE SICKNESS/SPIRITUAL ATTACK.
CALL DR OSIMINI. 09057519633

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React / Sales Executive At Guinness / Uninvited Lady Shows Up For Dana Airline Interview And Gets Job. See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.