Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me (3395 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / Nigerian Man And His Older British Wife Enjoy Their Honeymoon In Ekiti. / A Female Friend Told Me This Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by yomi212(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
I met a certain lady in d month of july, one thing lead to another we started dating. She has bin a gud n caring lady, But all along she hid her real age frm me.. Jst got to knw dis nite dat she's 5yrs older dan me.... What shud I do guyz
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
She's good & caring towards you, but somehow her age is now the elephant in the room because Are you dating her birth certificate or her? Please grow up! 5 years is not even that much of an age gap. Some guys out there have women 10+ years older than them & you're here playing the smallest violin in the world over a 5 year age difference.

Stop the talking & just leave her if you can't deal.

10 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
Uh...just 5yrs age difference? Was expecting 20Yrs difference or even 50...angry SmH!!!!
Anyhoo...What matters is She's caring towards yah! Marry her sef!

Age is Nothing but A Number!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by jomoh: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
PunkyVeer:
She's good & caring towards you, but somehow her age is now the elephant in the room because Are you dating her birth certificate or her? Please grow up! 5 years is not even that much of an age gap. Some guys out there have women 10+ years older than them & you're here playing the smallest violin in the world over a 5 year age difference.

Babe. This is Nigeria and we know how Nigerian babes with Nigerian mentality behave when they're older than the dude.

Its not his fault. Its a default Nigerian thing.

4 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
jomoh:

Babe. This is Nigeria and we know how Nigerian babes with Nigerian mentality behave when they're older than the dude.

In that case then, let the door not hit him where the dog should have bitten him.

2 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by yomi212(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
jomoh:

Na so oo...
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by jomoh: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
PunkyVeer:

In that case then, let the door not hit him where the dog should have bitten him.

The meaning is lost on me please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by obiorathesubtle: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
undecided so? How does that change anything. We need to grow out of this mentality o.. Not speaking literally, but age is just a number. Look, personally, I think you should continue with the relationship. Don't ask why! Just do it! Unless you don't love her. I heard of someone in my family who married a woman 16 years older than he was, they lived happily, their home was mature. The only thing was that the woman died before the man, but that's not an issue.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
Op, one thing you need to know is that ''Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

In my own experience, I think maturity and age are two things that rarely co-mingle. Age does matter in relationships, and anyone that tells you otherwise is a Miley Cyrus fancheesy . But seriously, Age is the vehicle by which we experience common milestones in life. These milestones give us the ability to relate to one another.

This experience taught me two things. The first is that age is not just a number. It is a fairly accurate measurement that describes where you've been and what is left in front of you. It tells you what you may have in common with someone. The second is to know what you are attracted to, understand what you want in a partner and a relationship, and confirm that these things are in agreement before you choose to spend time with someone. Now, I stay away from age extremes, and in those rare moments I meet someone extremely younger or older that I'm into, I look for common interests before committing to a date. This works for me because I recognise that age matters. It is simply naïve to think otherwise.

But, who am I to tell you what to do bro, just do what you feel is right and acceptable to you or you can ask my padi dem ccPrettythicksme, Wristbangle and Tosyne2much for better advice, wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
jomoh:

The meaning is lost on me please.

Lol, it means let the door not hit him on the butt on his way out.

1 Like

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by jomoh: 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Lol, it means let the door not hit him on the butt on his way out.
Hmmm
Learnt something new. Let me go back and cram it.

1 Like

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by boombay(m): 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
Estharfabian:
Uh...just 5yrs age difference? Was expecting 20Yrs difference or even 50...angry SmH!!!!

marijuana is nothing but a plantgrin

3 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by wristbangle: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
Charles4075:
Op, one thing you need to know is that ''Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

In my own experience, I think maturity and age are two things that rarely co-mingle. Age does matter in relationships, and anyone that tells you otherwise is a Miley Cyrus fancheesy . But seriously, Age is the vehicle by which we experience common milestones in life. These milestones give us the ability to relate to one another.

This experience taught me two things. The first is that age is not just a number. It is a fairly accurate measurement that describes where you've been and what is left in front of you. It tells you what you may have in common with someone. The second is to know what you are attracted to, understand what you want in a partner and a relationship, and confirm that these things are in agreement before you choose to spend time with someone. Now, I stay away from age extremes, and in those rare moments I meet someone extremely younger or older that I'm into, I look for common interests before committing to a date. This works for me because I recognise that age matters. It is simply naïve to think otherwise.

But, who am I to tell you what to do bro, just do what you feel is right and acceptable to you or you can ask my padi dem ccPrettythicksme, Wristbangle and Tosyne2much for better advice, wink

Lol you still put me in copy for advice . I respect your view and comprehend your point brother.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
Age is just a number!
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
Lucky you
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
wristbangle:

Lol you still put me in copy for advice . I respect your view and comprehend your point brother.
Egbon mii, I salute.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by wristbangle: 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Charles4075:
Egbon mii, I salute.

Boss mi! cool
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
wristbangle:

Boss mi! cool
How your side ni? I've been very busy @ work sir. Nor vex for my offline moods since Boss and trying to fix one or two for prettythicksme birthday coming up in 14dayssmiley
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by yomi212(m): 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tankz guys, I rill do appreciate
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by JudgementHammer: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmm. Guy I no advice u to carry on to marriage level o no matter how caring she may be. Cus with 5yrs difference, d day weh she open eyeball 4 u, u go know say shiit get different colour.

3 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 14, 2015
Charles4075:
How your side ni? I've been very busy @ work sir. Nor vex for my offline moods since Boss and trying to fix one or two for prettythicksme birthday coming up in 14dayssmiley
shocked shocked like seriously? grin **blushing** thanks but i am thinking of wat u fixing for me tho cheesy cheesy
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by tosyne2much(m): 3:20am On Nov 14, 2015
Charles4075:

But, who am I to tell you what to do bro, just do what you feel is right and acceptable to you or you can ask my padi dem ccPrettythicksme, Wrist,bangle and Tosyne.2much for better advice, wink
Woooooow!!! Bros you finish work at the bolded ooooooo

Bros abeg wetin u dey drink sef ? cool
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 14, 2015
Charles4075:

This experience taught me two things. The first is that age is not just a number. It is a fairly accurate measurement that describes where you've been and what is left in front of you. It tells you what you may have in common with someone.The second is to know what you are attracted to, understand what you want in a partner and a relationship, and confirm that these things are in agreement before you choose to spend time with someone. Now, I stay away from age extremes, and in those rare moments I meet someone extremely younger or older that I'm into, I look for common interests before committing to a date. This works for me because I recognise that age matters. It is simply naïve to think otherwise.

Bros you ,ve made my day.
The bolded thought something i never knew.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by theimmortals(m): 7:07am On Nov 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Hey! Stop that, how can you encourage him to date a lady 5 years older than him. Its not fair that's like dating his older sister. How will you feel if your younger brought a girl that two year older than you as his lover?

2 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by theimmortals(m): 7:10am On Nov 14, 2015
If you are there just for the s*x, yes there is no problem but try to make it permanent relationship.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by missyadorable(f): 7:16am On Nov 14, 2015
Age is not just a number

when it comes to man/woman relationships, esp in a society n background like ours..

Am a woman and I can say that for a woman to be older than a man by 5 years is too much

...anyway,it depends on what type of relationship they are having...for a sugar mummy,sugar son thingy,its cool

just imagining myself @ 30 with a 25 year old boy and taking instructions frm him(younger than my 2 kid bros who would be 28 and 26 that time) when I should be with a 35 year old man! Holy Ghost fire!
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by missyadorable(f): 7:18am On Nov 14, 2015
theimmortals:

Hey! Stop that, how can you encourage him to date a lady 5 years older than him. Its not fair that's like dating his older sister. How will you feel if your younger brought a girl that two year older than you as his lover?
Don't mind her
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2015
Yea....5years is just a number blah blah blah and blah!!!I wouldn't advice yu to marry her,because dah 5yrs u call a number might end up destroying the marriage, it will get to point in the marriage where certain decision has to be made by the head of the family which is yu,bt ur wife might think yu are too young to make them......which will lead to yu reminding her dah yu are the head of the family and she reminding she is older than yu,the fact she is caring nw doesn't she would keep up with dah attitude........ Dah seniority feeling mighy climb on her shoulder once in a while.......remember we are humans and we gat flaws

2 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by missyadorable(f): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2015
Estharfabian:

You will be the first person to shout "Dump the old cargo" if your brother brings home a lady who is older than him BY A DAY for a wife!
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by missyadorable(f): 7:28am On Nov 14, 2015
jomoh:

Not just the babes,even the guys,their friends,the guys family esp mother and sisters,if they are celebs,the media..em em it's hard oh
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Tundeiab(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2015
It's complicated!!!
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 14, 2015
For those saying age is just a number, pls be reminded Coca is just a crop cheesy

Which, when dried and ground, can be sniffed grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Youtube Video Of How This Lady Was Raped With 3 Yahoo Guys / Top 10 : Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria / List The most Romantic Names You Call Your special person!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.