Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,678 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me (3404 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / Nigerian Man And His Older British Wife Enjoy Their Honeymoon In Ekiti. / A Female Friend Told Me This Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by jomoh: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2015
missyadorable:

Not just the babes,even the guys,their friends,the guys family esp mother and sisters,if they are celebs,the media..em em it's hard oh

Outsiders could even be less importan in the broad scheme of thing especially if they really love each other but the way the two of them sees things is what really matters. In this case it is naturally a Nigerian thing for either or both of them to see it as a big deal.

"The guys" like you said. This guy has already started to feel insecure.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2015
theimmortals:

Hey! Stop that, how can you encourage him to date a lady 5 years older than him. Its not fair that's like dating his older sister. How will you feel if your younger brought a girl that two year older than you as his lover?

Well, I am not foolish nor do I put much value on things that don't matter eg. age. I thought the purpose of a relationship was to find love & all things nice. So if my brother was in a relationship with someone that makes him happy, doesn't cheat on him etc, how old she is wouldn't matter just as long as she wasn't my mom's age or something like that.

One of my male cousins is married to a girl three years older than him & our family never had an issue with it because she made him happy. Plus she's a really nice person & a good influence on him. He gradually stopped all his bad habits eg. drinking since he got with her & that's worth everthing imo.

2 Likes

Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2015
prettythicksme:
shocked shocked like seriously? grin **blushing** thanks but i am thinking of wat u fixing for me tho cheesy cheesy
It's not something big sha but at least a present must be given abi? grin
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 9:49am On Nov 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Woooooow!!! Bros you finish work at the bolded ooooooo

Bros abeg wetin u dey drink sef ? cool
cheesy :DBro, I greet you ohhh. Just give me I bottle of amstel malt or Guinness malt. smiley grin
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by tosyne2much(m): 10:28am On Nov 14, 2015
Charles4075:
cheesy :DBro, I greet you ohhh. Just give me I bottle of amstel malt or Guinness malt. smiley grin
You no dey drink orijin, schnapps or baby oku ? cheesy
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by DUOz(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

In that case then, let the door not hit him where the dog should have bitten him.

Is dat an idiom. I love idioms pm me will u?
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
You no dey drink orijin, schnapps or baby oku ? cheesy
Nah Boss. If I try am, na hospital I go find myself ohh. Not really good for my body.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by theimmortals(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Well, I am not foolish nor do I put much value on things that don't matter eg. age. I thought the purpose of a relationship was to find love & all things nice. So if my brother was in a relationship with someone that makes him happy, doesn't cheat on him etc, how old she is wouldn't matter just as long as she wasn't my mom's age or something like that.

One of my male cousins is married to a girl three years older than him & our family never had an issue with it because she made him happy. Plus she's a really nice person & a good influence on him. He gradually stopped all his bad habits eg. drinking since he got with her & that's worth everthing imo.
Nice point though, but there is a big difference between 3 and 5
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by theimmortals(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Nice point though, but there is a big difference between 3 and 5
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by fabulous16(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2015
bro think well and follow ur mind. mind u age is just number
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2015
Charles4075:
It's not something big sha but at least a present must be given abi? grin
lol
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by courna(m): 11:56am On Nov 14, 2015
Jesus is lord........ dnt worry Just go with d flow And enjoy the moment
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
missyadorable:

You will be the first person to shout "Dump the old cargo" if your brother brings home a lady who is older than him BY A DAY for a wife!
Nope! wouldn't cry...
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
prettythicksme:
lol
All I need is an address where I can forward the package to you that day.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
If the age difference is an issue for you then you need to think through if you want to be with a woman who is 5years older than you before you proceed you need to be comfortable with her age amongst other things. If being with a younger woman is important to you let her know now don't drag this because she is caring then drop her a year later after you've enjoyed all the caringness.

Take time out to decide whether her age is a deal-breaker or not.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Charles4075:
All I need is an address where I can forward the package to you that day.
Thanks charles,never mind! wink
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by phazotron(m): 12:50am On Nov 15, 2015
I am in a similar situation even though me and her aren't dating. she told me she's 30 and I'm just going to be 25 in a week's time but I'm strongly attracted to her. u can never know she's that old because she has a nice stature.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by zoom007: 8:18am On Nov 15, 2015
PunkyVeer:

nonsense when did drinking became a bad habit, all this Nigerian hypocrites.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2015
zoom007:

1)I'm not a Nigerian
2) Yes drinking is a bad habit when it borders on alcoholism & disrupts with other areas of life eg. not going to work because you're still hung over from the night before, etc.
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by MarioSHamz(m): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2015
zoom007:

Hahaha.. drinking is a bad habit mr and shes not even nigerian
Re: She Jst Told Me She's FIVE Yrz Older Than Me by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 15, 2015
5yrs? ( ̄. ̄)

That's much..
jez get a gurn n ShUuT ha in December

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Mad Men So Endowned Down There? / Guys I Need A Sincere Answer To This (photo) / Help How Can I Deal With My Sexual Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.