Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her (9625 Views)

Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Like Seriously Should I Say She Killed Herself!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by manmustwac(m): 10:08am On May 18, 2009
Ok guys this is my story, back in the days (about 3 years back) i used to chat a lot in yahoo messenger. I used to meet a lot of Nija babes in the Christian chatroom. I would build a relationship take thier cell numbers then be calling them. Then whenever i visited Nigeria i'd go about my business and have my fun with as many of them as i could b4 coming back to England

Now after a while i decided to stop chatting coz all these babes would keep flashing me to call them and most of dem get baggage. They need money. And me get my own problems here.

Now one babe in particular called Ify. I'd known her 4 about 2 years now, but we have never met in the flesh. When we first met online she told me how her mother was recently poisoned over land dispute and that it was her dad looking after all 7 of them now. It was last year July that i met her online by chance and foundout that her Popsie had passed thru poisoning

So i called her she told me that she was going to lagos to try hustle money to continue her education back in UNEC. But while in lagos she was disturbing me for doh so i sent her a N1500 MTN recharge card, that wasn't enough so i sent her more. I even linked to my friend who employed her to work for his sales company there, but that didn't workout

She just got fed up with lagos she wanted to go back to Anambra and managed to persuade me to send her 100 pounds for her school fees, she promised she won't disturb me 4 anything else, but one thing lead to another and now am paying her school fees, accomodation fees sending money for her feeding and now i get to send her N13 kay ( 60 pounds) this weekend so she can buy two books she needs. She's reading medicine.

Nairalanders i don tire i've spend around N130 kay (600 pounds) on a total stranger since August last year (and she still has two more years left to go) Now i want to stop but how can i say no to this babe without offending her!

I've tried to no avail. Thanks for reading my Post. Your advice would be sincerely appreciated.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by sesman(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2009
i' ve to commend you on what you've done so far for her, you have my total respect, well done mate,

i reckon you should tell he the truth mate, you can;t somply afford to sponsor her anymore, you've done the best you can. she will need to find alternative means, simple.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by mikkiano(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2009
I must say if truly u r in england and u av been paying those supposed fees to her , then u have been a mugu all along, Guy!, lock up abi na jazz?, except say u don fall in love.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:35am On May 18, 2009
sesman:

i' ve to commend you on what you've done so far for her,  you have my total respect,  well done mate,

i reckon you should tell he the truth mate, you can;t somply afford to sponsor her anymore, you've done the best you can. she will need to find alternative means, simple.

And to add to it. . .connect her to a part time job or something that she could earn money from. . .make it clear to her that she has got to make it work or else. . .there's nothing you can do again to help her.

I would also advice you not to  create any animosity between her and you. . .because we can't determine what happens tomorrow.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:38am On May 18, 2009
mikkiano:

I must say if truly u r in england and u av been paying those supposed fees to her , then u have been a mugu all along, Guy!, lock up abi na jazz?, except say u don fall in love.

Now this has to be one of the most foolish replies I've come across all day. . .and what's the big deal in helping someone out?  undecided

So because he helps this lady out. . .that makes him a fool because he doesn't get anything in return? undecided

One thing you should understand. . .sometimes you help people out not because you want something in return. . .but you help them out. . .cus you do not know what would happen tomm . . .

life is very unpredictable!
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by izeek(m): 11:41am On May 18, 2009
somethings we do in the name of chatting.
well u r paying for all the other chicks u did for free.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by oludashmi(f): 11:42am On May 18, 2009
If this is real, you have really done well with your post but it will be better to inform her politely that you have some projects you too will like to fund and so might not be able to continue with all you have been doing. Put her thru some part time work and make her realise that only the determined ones succeed in life. She can make it and she has all it takes to continue frm here. Avoid enemity with her cos no one knows tomorrow.

But are you so sure the girl is real? How sure are you?
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by STELARTOIS(f): 11:43am On May 18, 2009
@ poster,keep on sending her money cool
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by sesman(m): 11:45am On May 18, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

And to add to it. . .connect her to a part time job or something that she could earn money from. . .make it clear to her that she has got to make it work or else. . .there's nothing you can do again to help her.

I would alsoadvice you not to be an enemy to her or create any animosity between you and her. . .because we can't determine what happens tomorrow.
ThoniaSlim:

I would alsoadvice you not to be an enemy to her or create any animosity between you and her. . .because we can't determine what happens tomorrow.
ThoniaSlim:

Now this has to be one of the most foolish replies I've come across all day. . .and what's the big deal in helping someone out?  undecided

So because he helps this lady out. . .that makes him a fool because he doesn't get anything in return? undecided

One thing you should understand. . .sometimes you help people out not because you want something in return. . .but you help them out. . .cus you do not know what would happen tomm . . .

You are so right,   helping somone out and not asking for anything return doesn't make him a mugu, he has done good,
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by showbobo(m): 11:53am On May 18, 2009
Why not look at it as a Philanthropic gesture and continue helping her. . . God would keep on replenishing you
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by Nobody: 11:58am On May 18, 2009
I appreciate the dude for helping out this faceless girl, but I wouldnt be surprised if this same dude is not helping his blood relations at the moment.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by mikkiano(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2009
@thoniaslim
I am not surprised at ur post cos its a gurl dats at d point of benefit,but why has ur daft brain not been able to ask me why i said so and stop all the assumptions!!, miss unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by husu(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2009
Guy such a thing happens,you are already in love, but that does'nt mean she is your wife.To study medicne is not easy here in naija.That lady is focused. Anything can still happen though.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by 2tait: 12:14pm On May 18, 2009
Why are you bothered about offending her?
The fact is that you cannot afford to continue to sponsor her.
If no strings were attached in the first instance, the lady will definitely understand.

But then women are not like that.
She now has big expectations from the relationship. The next thing, she may have made up her mind she will live with you forever.  Get ready to marry her bros, If you can't, that'z where the worry comes in.

Your way out is to bite the bullet now! and let her know you can't afford to continue the sponsorship.

visit             http://wetindeyforum.com/index.php?topic=3.0

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:20pm On May 18, 2009
mikkiano:

@thoniaslim
I am not surprised at ur post cos its a gurl dats at d point of benefit,but why has ur daft brain not been able to ask me why i said so and stop all the assumptions!!, miss unpredictable.

Lmao. . . grin grin grin. . .duhhh. . .i only gave my opinion. . .so please Mr, don't get so bitten. . .no hard feelings. . . cool
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by oludashmi(f): 12:25pm On May 18, 2009
@poster,
It may be a guy that has been chatting with you all this while and he could give the phone to a lady to answer when you both need to talk. He can even present a lady in front of a web cam during chatting.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by ask4double(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2009
Guy i must commend you for all u've been doing for her coz its not easy i can't imergin myself doing this for a stranger accept and unless i'am inspiredbysomtin anytin,so i'll urge u take a critical look on what made u start this kind gesture of urs and why u had to do it for a long period of time b4 changing ur mind all of a sudden.PLS LOOK INWARD.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by davidt(m): 12:34pm On May 18, 2009
oludashmi:

@poster,
It may be a guy that has been chatting with you all this while and he could give the phone to a lady to answer when you both need to talk. He can even present a lady in front of a web cam during chatting.

2tait:

She now has big expectations from the relationship. The next thing, she may have made up her mind she will live with you forever. Get ready to marry her bros, If you can't, that'z where the worry comes in.

@poster
What oludashmi posits is actually a possibility. It happens a lot, you know.

Is there actually a relationship here? This is someone you have never met (I'm probably saying this because I don't believe in such relationships).

If the effects of sponsoring this lady are telling on you, you've got to cut it off and find a way to tell her without offending her. Personally, I do not think telling here that you can no longer afford it would offend here. Find a way to explain your situation to her in a way that makes sense.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by manmustwac(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2009
sesman:

i' ve to commend you on what you've done so far for her, you have my total respect, well done mate,

sesman i posted this article the same month last year since then she's finished schooling but now wants me to help her junior bros who are doing thier waec now

mikkiano:

Am not a mugu but i get conscience ok
ThoniaSlim:

I would also advice you not to create any animosity between her and you. . .because we can't determine what happens tomorrow.
I already tried that thru a friend of mine who owns a sales company but she said she no fit do the work.
nuzo:

I appreciate the dude for helping out this faceless girl, but I wouldnt be surprised if this same dude is not helping his blood relations at the moment.
You have a good point there. Thats partly why i get to stop. I get relations begging me for back home but the credit crunch is affecting me here
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by Sholeyb: 12:36pm On May 18, 2009
The first question to ask yourself is 'why do you want to stop helping her?' and be honest in answering this question. If it is because things are difficult for you financially at the moment, then it is ok to tell her that you can no longer assist her.

If your reason is because you do not know her or get anything in return, then it is wrong. There are several people in the world who sponsor other people through their education, you may be doing this for the future of your family.

The other issue is to ensure that she is not taking undue advantage of you, if she is not, please do the best you can for her ,as this may be an opportunity to lay a foundation for future blessings in your life and it would be a shame to miss it.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by OneNaija(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2009
@ThoniaSlim  I have been looking for you ever since. let me know you are still there. Waiting,
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by Easybaby(f): 12:38pm On May 18, 2009
hmmm . . .is this real life story or tale by moon night undecided
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by fdiva(f): 12:40pm On May 18, 2009
is really good to help smone in need,but how are u sure she is real
if u knw u are tired abt sending her money just pull over
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by AmAlone: 12:41pm On May 18, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Now this has to be one of the most foolish replies I've come across all day. . .and what's the big deal in helping someone out?  undecided

Sharrrrraaappppp! angry angry angry angry angry

The best reply you did ever seen so far you mean

Now Don't Send Money To Someone You've Never Seen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Spirit of a GEE cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by earthrealm(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2009
@poster,

y r u bothered about offending her??, if there is no strings attached, u wudnt/shudnt b bothered about offending her

i believe there is something u r not telling us here,

have u seen her in person b4?, sumthing is not just right abt this post, unless u r an extra extra nice good dude, n production of such good dudes  ceased  ages  ago!!!!! shocked, u must b the last of ur kind.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by SamMilla1(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2009
I have done that for a girl back when i was in Germany.
I sponsored her through ESUT and we never even slept under the same roof.
When i visted Nigeria In 2007, she bought me agbada cloth cool.
The first gift i ever got from a lady. Good thing is that she is from my village.
She pased through my mums classes during her secondary school days.
She sent my Younger sister 40,000 Five days ago. Just DASH.
She is working with a bank now and she is getting married in october to some guy.
She send mails all the time telling me that there would never be a guy like me.
I told her there are people like me everywhere,
You see i was right. The poster is just like me,
The problem with him now is this :

He is still willing to help the girl out but somehow, the girl asked for the money when the money is either not available or when the guy is not willing to part with that kind of money.

I dont regret ever dong such a thing.

My advice is simpe : If you have the money , send her the money.
If you dont have it, dont pretend to be big guy or something. Tell her you dont have it now. SIMPLE.

IF ANYBODY CALL YOU A MUGU FOR SENDING A GIRL SOME MONEY, tell the person to go to hell. (courtesy of mlla)

I believe that whatever good we do here on earth will somehow teach other people how to do good too.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by manmustwac(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2009
Easybaby:

hmmm . . .is this real life story or tale by moon night undecided
Easybaby this story na 4real i go even tell the babe make she come here and talk her own side of the story and i first put this story in the romance section this time last year. Google the title if u don't believe me.
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by manmustwac(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2009
Sam Milla:

I have done that for a girl back when i was in Germany.
I sponsored her through ESUT and we never even slept under the same roof.
When i visted Nigeria In 2007, she bought me agbada cloth cool.
The first gift i ever got from a lady. Good thing is that she is from my village.
She pased through my mums classes during her secondary school days.
She sent my Younger sister 40,000 Five days ago. Just DASH.
She is working with a bank now and she is getting married in october to some guy.
She send mails all the time telling me that there would never be a guy like me.
I told her there are people like me everywhere,
You see i was right. The poster is just like me,
The problem with him now is this :

He is still willing to help the girl out but somehow, the girl asked for the money when the money is either not available or when the guy is not willing to part with that kind of money.

I dont regret ever dong such a thing.

My advice is simpe : If you have the money , send her the money.
If you dont have it, dont pretend to be big guy or something. Tell her you dont have it now. SIMPLE.

IF ANYBODY CALL YOU A MUGU FOR ENDING A GIRL SOME MONEY, tell the person to go to hell.

I believe that whatever good we do here on earth will somehow teach other people how to do good too.
thanks sam milla be like say u understand
Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by wakabout(m): 12:51pm On May 18, 2009
My only problem with this post is whether the babe in question is actually in school. This is Naija for God's sake. She could be another yahoo! yahoo!, pretending to need help. But if truly, truly she's actually in school, my Thumb is up for the poster. If you can still afford it, continue to assist her. Your reward is waiting.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by amebono13: 1:00pm On May 18, 2009
like your name poster

the girl must wack mugu grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by luxoire(f): 1:02pm On May 18, 2009
MUGU!!! grin grin

but then again, what's it they say about WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND? or is it 99 DAYS FOR THE THIEF 1 DAY FOR THE OWNER tongue

ol' boi you have been 'stealing' from these gurls all along and 'having your fun' all of a sudden Karma is having its turn on you and you are complaining - do you know how many girls you hurt when you were 'having your fun in naija?' in fact did you even care that you may have hurt some of them?

the best place to hurt a man sometimes is his pocket - now you are getting your come-upponance and you're complaining you can't handle it.

I say go on your knees and pray for God's forgivenes and his guidance for a way forward and sin no more (hopefuly not in this way again) - cast your burden onto Jesus and He will give you rest - someof you like to learn the hard way - why even expose yourself to this kinda sh*t by playing with girls online in the first place?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Say No To This Babe Without Offending Her by smartone1(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2009
Just be your slef dont bother on wat pple say bout you or else You ll live other pple Live

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is Responsible For Traditional Marriage / She Is Not A Liability!!!! / Men, How Do You Feel If A Woman Begs You For Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.