Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. (24772 Views)

Atheists Let's Discuss God. / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
you are dealing with the solar system. i am speaking about the whole universe. our solar system is just a piece of the whole pie. now i see why you are confused.
i thought you were saying that the sun is sitting under them? undecided

anyway, on the scale of the universe, your claims are even more incredulous because the celestial sphere, again, is imaginary, constellations, are random patterns of sky, the sun is orbiting a black hole and this has no effect whatsoever on eclipses, and nothing orbits anything in the space of 360 days. '

you have been reading the wrong information. i seriously doubt if you are a scientist.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
in trying to apply your logic to answering the question, it gets changed. it becomes,

what if you were about to die, and you had cried out to God and he had failed you and all you had was science who could cure you and you had a wife and a small child and you cared about them, would you or would you not seek medical help?

1. God can't fail me

2. Its a win win for me . I mean people pray before going for surgical operation . Science simply studies God's work and God is not against science . That's why the other guy used palm oil . If someone is about to drown and God uses someone to rescue him , a sensible thing to do is to go for a quick medical check up .

Hosea 4:6

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee

God strongly detests foolishness .

and apparently, you wouldn't. because that's just how dumb you've become over the years. and your reason would be that you know that science is not real and can't do anything to change your situation.

You have a very shallow understanding of what science means . I knew this , that's why I said : "Science has failed you ..." just to titillate you .

anyway, this is not the question i asked and hence not the answer i need. i asked you why you can't perform miracles. not . . . this.

Miracles are God's intervention in human affairs . And yes I have , can , will continue performing miracles . Every christian has the power of God in him/her

apparently, you don't have a good eye for sarcasm as well.

Damage control ? Its allowed tho wink
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by donnffd(m): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
you must be drunk. go and sleep. screensaver ? lmao. conversation over

inside each constellations are stars and nebulae and black-holes. these are solid delineations not ' screensavers ' as you so delicately put it.

No need for insults, and moreover, i said screensaver or backdrop as a metaphor, Does the sun rises in the east and sets in the west for a planet spining opposite to the direction earth is spinning... the simple answer is no...in relation to all the bodies in the solar system, the sun is stationary, its from the planets perpective that it appears to be changing be it from east to west or west to east, its all depends on you, the observer moving around it...There is no constellations as in group of stars in a particular way, its people on earth that group these stars and call them constellations because they noticed a periodic appearance of these set of stars on the night sky...and what is causing that is the revolution of the earth around the sun.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:06am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
what the hell are you talking about? this logic does not follow.

disbelieving in Gaia does not mean that i don't believe the earth doesn't exist. i just don't believe that the earth is gaia.

also, atheists do not disbelieve in everything termed God, but however, everything worshiped as god. i could name my pet God. i could create a game and have Gods in it. kratos is "God of War" from a game. you don't see me worshipping him or arguing that he is real.

you know, i think a more better way to intuitively get my point across on the stance of atheism is to consider not the concept of God, but the concept of religion. atheists believe in one less religion than ,monotheists. hence, atheists do not believe in any religion.

Gaia is been worshiped in many cultures.

In Yoruba Gaia is Iyale.

Thousands of human were worship as God in India. It is stated clearly in Yoruba religion that every individual is a God. Jesus said ye are Gods. Men are been worship just like Gaia and Jehovah.

Worshipping simply is acknowledging the worth of something or someone.

That I acknowledge the worth of Mother earth aka Gaia means I am worshiping it.

Going by your logic that atheists disbelieve in everything worship as God mean all existing god and what they represent do not exist.

Ra is the sun God in ancient egypt. Shakti is energy. Brahman is reality. Theses Gods are worship in different cultures across the world.

Trees, animals, river body, fire and earth are not left behind. Nature and natural entities are been worshipped as God in many tradition till date. I can remember the cow worship in india and among fulanis. They worship this things as God.

Disbelieving in the existence of these God mean there natural embodiments does not exist.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
i thought you were saying that the sun is sitting under them? undecided

anyway, on the scale of the universe, your claims are even more incredulous because the celestial sphere, again, is imaginary, constellations, are random patterns of sky, the sun is orbiting a black hole and this has no effect whatsoever on eclipses, and nothing orbits anything in the space of 360 days. '

you have been reading the wrong information. i seriously doubt if you are a scientist.
you are a confused person. there is nothing imaginary about the celestial sphere. the delineations are fixed and marked by certain key stars. your knowledge is obviously just limited to the 9 planets and the sun so this conversation is over.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2015
donnffd:

No need for insults, and moreover, i said screensaver or backdrop as a metaphor, Does the sun rises in the east and sets in the west for a planet spining opposite to the direction earth is spinning... the simple answer is no...in relation to all the bodies in the solar system, the sun is stationary, its from the planets perpective that it appears to be changing be it from east to west or west to east, its all depends on you, the observer moving around it...There is no constellations as in group of stars in a particular way, its people on earth that group these stars and call them constellations because they noticed a periodic appearance of these set of stars on the night sky...and what is causing that is the revolution of the earth around the sun.
ok now i know you dont know what you are talking about. the sun has an orbit that it moves around. the sun is not stationary. it is from the sun being in these various zodiac constellation houses that people get their zodiac signs. like if you are scorpio it means the sun was in the zodiac constellation scorpio when you were born etc etc. see now i know you are confused.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2015
@ FOLYKAZE

Does that mean that since I'm a christian and an atheist to every other god - tress , sun - that is worshiped (acknowledgement in your definition ) then they dont exist?

Elucidate please
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
you are a confused person. there is nothing imaginary about the celestial sphere. the delineations are fixed and marked by certain key stars. your knowledge is obviously just limited to the 9 planets and the sun so this conversation is over.

Morning star is part of the solar planets na.

Lecture them on that abeg
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by orisa37: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2015
Thiest means Godist. Athiest is attacking Thiest, endevouring to find better understanding of his faith.
There is a target qualification for a Thiest, but until doomsday, there can be no target of knowledge, qualification and recognition for an athiest.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

1. God can't fail me

2. Its a win win for me . I mean people pray before going for surgical operation . Science simply studies God's work and God is not against science . That's why the other guy used palm oil . If someone is about to drown and God uses someone to rescue him , a sensible thing to do is to go for a quick medical check up .

God strongly detests foolishness .

You have a very shallow understanding of what science means . I knew this , that's why I said : "Science has failed you ..." just to titillate you .

Miracles are God's intervention in human affairs . And yes I have , can , will continue performing miracles . Every christian has the power of God in him/her

Damage control ? Its allowed tho wink
yeah, right. God is not against science whereas the very cursing of humanity stemmed from a woman accepting a logical argument and satisfying her curiosity. the basic principles of science. yeah right, he loves it in fact. undecided

God is failing you already. you have repeatedly tried over the years to convert the atheists on this forum and you have been unsuccessful. have you not prayed? or was God on vacation? as elijah would say.

i put it to you that you cannot perform miracles. the once you think you can are products of a delusion stemming from the gambler's fallacy. a false belief that you had anything to do with random occurences.

a true miracle is not an ambiguous one. it is one which cannot be argued. like you drinking an actual poison and not dying. not you eating gala after it's best before date and not dying. undecided
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@ FOLYKAZE

Does that mean that since I'm a christian and an atheist to every other god - tress , sun - that is worshiped (acknowledgement in your definition ) then they dont exist?

Elucidate please

There is difference between non-belief and disbelieve in existence.

Christians are non-believers not atheist to other Gods.

This same christianity acknowledge existence of other Gods like Zeus, Baal and other. It acknowledge trees, stars, Idols were worshipped as God. It acknowledge money is a God because it is been worshipped. Though they tag this God as impotent and not supreme or false idol but do not rule out there existence like atheists.

Atheism is not just disbelieve in God but disbelieve in the existence of God.

I know Bow and arrow can be used for hunting. But I dont believe it can do better than gun. I dont believe bow and arrow can give me some result so I abandon it for Gun which I believe in. This implies that I acknowledge bow and arrow exist but I dont believe it can help my hunting game better than Gun.

Copy?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Morning star is part of the solar planets na.

Lecture them on that abeg
very true. the morning star is the second planet from the sun. venus, that is grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
this is why most atheists consider theists to be quite the unwise individuals.

wikipedia article. on celestial sphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_sphere

"In astronomy and navigation, the celestial sphere is an [b]imaginary[b] sphere of arbitrarily large radius, concentric with Earth. All objects in the observer's sky can be thought of as projected upon the inside surface of the celestial sphere, as if it were the underside of a dome or a hemispherical screen. The celestial sphere is a practical tool for spherical astronomy, allowing observers to plot positions of objects in the sky when their distances are unknown or unimportant."

as a scientist, the mention of astronomy and navigation should be a dead giveaway that it's just an abstract concept. but i guess when your education is an half baked one, you tend not to notice such things.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
yeah, right. God is not against science whereas the very cursing of humanity stemmed from a woman accepting a logical argument and satisfying her curiosity. the basic principles of science. yeah right, he loves it in fact. undecided

God is failing you already. you have repeatedly tried over the years to convert the atheists on this forum and you have been unsuccessful. have you not prayed? or was God on vacation? as elijah would say.

Say what!? Me trying to convert who grin cheesy . Please dont be delusional . I enjoy having arguments and the Religion section was the sure bet .

Gerrarra here mehn .. shiiittt
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:23am On Nov 17, 2015
orisa37:
Thiest means Godist. Athiest is attacking Thiest, endevouring to find better understanding of his faith.
There is a target qualification for a Thiest, but until doomsday, there can be no target of knowledge, qualification and recognition for an athiest.

Some sect in buddhism do not hold believe in God. Yet they are theists
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
very true. the morning star is the second planet from the sun. venus, that is grin

Who is morning star, Jesus or Lucifer?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

There is difference between non-belief and disbelieve in existence.

Christians are non-believers not atheist to other Gods.

This same christianity acknowledge existence of other Gods like Zeus, Baal and other. It acknowledge trees, stars, Idols were worshipped as God. It acknowledge money is a God because it is been worshipped. Though they tag this God as impotent and not supreme or false idol but do not rule out there existence like atheists.

Atheism is not just disbelieve in God but disbelieve in the existence of God.

Copy?

Oh oh oh ... now I get your point . Ride on then cheesy wink
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Some sect in buddhism do not hold believe in God. Yet they are theists
no . . . you see, your basic premise here is that God is one person. no. god is simply a human construct and varies along human cultures. buddhist don't believe in your god they believe in their god which they think is real. both Gods are not real. but each sect thinks their version is real while ignoring the others. atheism takes a bold step to recognize that none of the Gods are real. they are all figments of imagination..

for instance, greeks believe the sea belongs to poseidon. romans believe the sea belongs to neptune. they are both wrong. because the sea belongs to neither of these Gods. but each sect believes they are right.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:29am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
this is why most atheists consider theists to be quite the unwise individuals.

wikipedia article. on celestial sphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_sphere

"In astronomy and navigation, the celestial sphere is an imaginary sphere of arbitrarily large radius, concentric with Earth. All objects in the observer's sky can be thought of as projected upon the inside surface of the celestial sphere, as if it were the underside of a dome or a hemispherical screen. The celestial sphere is a practical tool for spherical astronomy, allowing observers to plot positions of objects in the sky when their distances are unknown or unimportant."

as a scientist, the mention of astronomy and navigation should be a dead giveaway that it's just an abstract concept. but i guess when your education is an half baked one, you tend not to notice such things.
you are making absolutely no points. the conclusion here is that all these things are too intelligently designed and work in clockwork precision for it to be random happenstance. i submit that all this is controlled by a higher power. YAH. now how you worship that higher power ought to be the bone of contention and not whether he exists or not. i also submit that going to church like a religious nutbag while being deceived and swindled by fake pastors is not the way to worship the Most High. I submit that you worship him with your good deeds. obey the laws and commandments. do not steal, cheat etc etc. that is the conclusion of the whole matter
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Who is morning star, Jesus or Lucifer?
Jesus is Lucifer. Lucifer is a title. it means ' illuminated one ' or you can say ' enlightened one '. Lucifer is a good title to have. however how you use your luciferian powers is what determines if you are a good lucifer or a bad lucifer. Jesus is a good Lucifer. Satan is a bad lucifer

they are both morning star. lucifer means morning star and Jesus is Lucifer
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
no . . . you see, your basic premise here is that God is one person. no. god is simply a human construct and varies along human cultures. buddhist don't believe in your god they believe in their god which they think is real. both Gods are not real. but each sect thinks their version is real while ignoring the others. atheism takes a bold step to recognize that none of the Gods are real. they are all figments of imagination..

for instance, greeks believe the sea belongs to poseidon. romans believe the sea belongs to neptune. they are both wrong. because the sea belongs to neither of these Gods. but each sect believes they are right.

No one is disputing the fact that there are different form of theism. No one also dispute that there is no one definition of what God is. No one dispute the fact that there are more than one concept of God. There are lot of roads that lead tto the market. Man see things differently.

The point you atheists fail to define is what concept of God do you disbelieve in?

What is your defintion of God?

Is your disbelief extended to apotheosis, astrolatry, Anthropotheism and natural pantheism which their God are existing?

Failing to tell us this makes atheism look like insanity. Because we will hold that you dont believe Gaia which represent Earth does not exist. I think only madmen can say that earth or gaia does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Say what!? Me trying to convert who grin cheesy . Please dont be delusional . I enjoy having arguments and the Religion section was the sure bet .

Gerrarra here mehn .. shiiittt

unfortunately for you, i don't permit damage control.

you are of course, disobeying the bible which says in mark 16 that you are to preach to all creatures.

i have now identified two factors which disprove your . . . wait, i have now identified four factors which disprove your claim of christianity.

1. you call people fools. which is prohibited by jesus.
2. you own material possessions, which is also prohibited by jesus.
3. you cannot perform miracles, and have hence failed the litmus test for true christianity.
4. you are not preaching the word to all creations. preferring rather to engage yourself in pointless arguments. who are you to put your love for arguments above the divine directive of your God and Master?

we're done here.
sukkot:
you are making absolutely no points. the conclusion here is that all these things are too intelligently designed and work in clockwork precision for it to be random happenstance. i submit that all this is controlled by a higher power. YAH. now how you worship that higher power ought to be the bone of contention and not whether he exists or not. i also submit that going to church like a religious nutbag while being deceived and swindled by fake pastors is not the way to worship the Most High. I submit that you worship him with your good deeds. obey the laws and commandments. do not steal, cheat etc etc. that is the conclusion of the whole matter
killing two birds with one stone,

1. we have proved you wrong once. the celestial sphere was in fact imaginary. contrary to your claims. what makes you think i will entertain any further claims from you without evidence?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
unfortunately for you, i don't permit damage control.

you are of course, disobeying the bible which says in mark 16 that you are to preach to all creatures.

i have now identified two factors which disprove your . . . wait, i have now identified four factors which disprove your claim of christianity.

1. you call people fools. which is prohibited by jesus.
2. you own material possessions, which is also prohibited by jesus.
3. you cannot perform miracles, and have hence failed the litmus test for true christianity.
4. you are not preaching the word to all creations. preferring rather to engage yourself in pointless arguments. who are you to put your love for arguments above the divine directive of your God and Master?

we're done here.killing two birds with one stone,

1. we have proved you wrong once. the celestial sphere was in fact imaginary. contrary to your claims. what makes you think i will entertain any further claims from you without evidence?
you must be drunk on orijin. there is nothing imaginary about the celestial sphere. like i told you earlier there are clear clut delineated demarcations with very prominent stars like polaris, antares, fomalhaut, canopus etc. there are also delineations based on what meteor shower emanates from which constellations annually. amongst a host of other marked and specified delineations. i submit that you are drunk on orijin this morning and are functioning on limited brain capacity
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:42am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
Jesus is Lucifer. Lucifer is a title. it means ' illuminated one ' or you can say ' enlightened one '. Lucifer is a good title to have. however how you use your luciferian powers is what determines if you are a good lucifer or a bad lucifer. Jesus is a good Lucifer. Satan is a bad lucifer

they are both morning star. lucifer means morning star and Jesus is Lucifer

KingEbukablog come and see o.

Jesus is lucifer.

Obadiah777 aka Sukkot aka the armageddon priest doing it again

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Stconvict(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

A christian who disbelieve in Jehovah could still acknowledge the existence of other Gods. Apostle paul affirmed that there many Gods both in heaven and earth.

Christians also disbelieve in other Gods like Brahman and Buddha just like atheists. The difference is that atheists disbelieve in one lesset God than christians. One lesser God mean everything know as God. This implies that atheists disbelieve in everything termed God.

Gaia is a greek goddess which is Earth. disbelieving in Gaia means you don't believe earth exist. Hope you see the insanity of atheism?
Actually, it is your position in atheism that represents insanity. We do believe in the existence of earth. But why do we have to call it Gaia, or even call it a goddess or even stupidly worship it for whatever reason?
You are not making sense. Why give them names or personalise them? Well except you are a poet. But the rest of us are not poets!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus is lucifer.

Lol

Lucifer has its meaning and is Satan's name . Its like a beautiful girl named Amaka . Amaka means beauty . That does not mean every beautiful girl's name is Amaka
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:47am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus is lucifer.

yes Jesus is Lucifer.

revelation 2 vs 28 They will have the same authority I received from my Father, and I will also give them the morning star! << LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THE MORNING STAR IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE. IT IS A CELESTIAL GIFT BESTOWED ON THE RIGHTEOUS. SEE THE THING WITH AFRICANS AND ALL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE IS THAT THEY NEVER UNDERSTAND THE ETYMOLOGY OF WORDS OR WHAT WORDS MEAN. THEY JUST BLINDLY FOLLOW THE CROWD AND AS SUCH ARE KNEE DEEP IN MYTHOLOGICAL ALLOCATION OF MEANING TO CERTAIN WORDS. LIKE THE WORD OCCULT ? OCCULT IS NOT A BAD WORD, BUT TO AN AFRICAN IT IS VERY BAD. OCCULT JUST MEANS HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE. ETC ETC
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2015
Stconvict:

Actually, it is your position in atheism that represents insanity. We do believe in the existence of earth. But why do we have to call it Gaia, or even call it a goddess or even stupidly worship it for whatever reason?
You are not making sense. Why give them names or personalise them? Well except you are a poet. But the rest of us are not poets!

acknowledging the worth of earth means worshipping almighty gaia.

Anthropomorphication or personification of something is not that is new to human linguistic.

I can give name to something I worship to seperate it from other natural entities. People worship rivers, mountains, stars, moons by giving it another name. Telling Astrolatrist that Mars wich is greek god is not existing mean you are insane
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
yes Jesus is Lucifer.

revelation 2 vs 28 They will have the same authority I received from my Father, and I will also give them the morning star! << LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THE MORNING STAR IS A GOOD THING TO HAVE. IT IS A CELESTIAL GIFT BESTOWED ON THE RIGHTEOUS. SEE THE THING WITH AFRICANS AND ALL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE IS THAT THEY NEVER UNDERSTAND THE ETYMOLOGY OF WORDS OR WHAT WORDS MEAN. THEY JUST BLINDLY FOLLOW THE CROWD AND AS SUCH ARE KNEE DEEP IN MYTHOLOGICAL ALLOCATION OF MEANING TO CERTAIN WORDS. LIKE THE WORD OCCULT ? OCCULT IS NOT A BAD WORD, BUT TO AN AFRICAN IT IS VERY BAD. OCCULT JUST MEANS HIDDEN KNOWLEDGE. ETC ETC

I dont think I agree with this .

Lucifer has its meaning and is Satan's name . Its like a beautiful girl named Amaka . Amaka means beauty . That does not mean every beautiful girl's name is Amaka

Is the above what you are implying or just a view or an opinion
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus is lucifer.

REV 22 VS 16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
<<< JES-US TELLING YOU HIMSELF THAT HE IS LUCIFER
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
yes Jesus is Lucifer.

But this what I found on wiki

Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer"wink for the devil; as he was before his fall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol

I tire o. I know Lucifer to be devil proper name.

But have you wonder why Catholic name the telescope with them lucifer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Serious About Your Spiritual Life? Then You Need To Read This! / Sharon Oyakhilome And Natasha Hinn Start Perspective 008 TV Show (Video) / Why Do We Pray With Candle?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.