Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. (24944 Views)

Atheists Let's Discuss God. / UNBELIEVABLE! DISGRACEFUL! Nairaland Atheists see nothing wrong with Bestiality / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:46am On Nov 17, 2015
ValerianSteel:
No am not,some atheists are inclined to the existence of some lower gods,some are not,but atheists in general disapprove of the existence of God but my own point of view,it encompasses complete disbelief in the existence of God(the supreme deity) and any other gods presumed to exist.

But we have lower Gods that exist in heaven and here on earth.

Mars is a greek god.

River is a physical God in some cultural religion.

Humans are Gods.

Stars in heaven are Gods im astrolatry.

Do you disbelieve in the existence of this Gods?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by malvisguy212: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
no sir! this discussion is not boring at all. it is the very backbone of christianity. everything that is true or right about christianity is determined by the topic. so it is not.

you failed to answer weah96 when he asked you the same question. you instead threatened him with last days nonsense and logic that did not follow.
lol, okay,
let me put the question this way. "if you were bitten by a snake, or you were poisoned by curare by atheists who don't believe in God, and you called on God to save you and prove to the atheists that he existed, how sure are you that he would answer?"

100% sure. More than what you type happened to me and by His grace, am here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by RobinHez(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:

two simple questions which you can never answer. i'm sure of it.

1. why was any palm oil registered at all?

plaetton:

Why did they give her palm oil ?

Shows that ur agitations against God is baseless. You only have problems with so called "Christians"

He said "Faith without works is dead" and it has been proven times without number in the bible. (The story of Naaman a perfect example)

So what's all the fuzz about ?

2. can you replicate that result and hence make it into a formal prescription as the cure of bleach poisoning?
No you can't. We all know oil was used as a "first aid" treatment.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
RobinHez:

Shows that ur agitations against God is baseless. You only have problems with so called "Christians"

He said "Faith without works is dead" and it has been proven times without number in the bible. (The story of Naaman a perfect example)

So what's all the fuzz about ?

No you can't. We all know oil was used as a "first aid" treatment.
faith without works doesn't mean what you think it means. in fact, it means the opposite of what you think it means. at the risk of using the bible as my eternal crutch, i quote the verse in which it is found in the bible.
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
as usual, most of it is gibberish, but we can actually see from the very verse.

1. works, means the faith actually working. this is a direct follow up of mark 16. if you have faith but cannot do "works" i.e miracles, then your faith is dead and cannot save you.

2. if a brother or sister comes to you, and you pray for them, yet your prayer doesn't work, then your faith has no work and is dead.

in another verse of the bible, jesus said, ask anything in my name. and i will do it. i think we both know that's a big lie.

bottom line, you really don't want to stay in this section or you will be made a fool of. no one is trying to force your God from you. you can keep him. but the moment you start trying to convince others that he is actually real, you will be scrutinized and . . . as always, will fail.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by RobinHez(m): 8:47am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
faith without works doesn't mean what you think it means. in fact, it means the opposite of what you think it means. at the risk of using the bible as my eternal crutch, i quote the verse in which it is found in the bible.
as usual, most of it is gibberish, but we can actually see from the very verse.

1. works, means the faith actually working. this is a direct follow up of mark 16. if you have faith but cannot do "works" i.e miracles, then your faith is dead and cannot save you.

2. if a brother or sister comes to you, and you pray for them, yet your prayer doesn't work, then your faith has no work and is dead.

in another verse of the bible, jesus said, ask anything in my name. and i will do it. i think we both know that's a big lie.

bottom line, you really don't want to stay in this section or you will be made a fool of. no one is trying to force your God from you. you can keep him. but the moment you start trying to convince others that he is actually real, you will be scrutinized and . . . as always, will fail.

Total hogwash!... I don't even know what to reply.
Y'all know nothing about the Word of God, yet y'all keep attacking It like It was written by kids... undecided
Ponder over the text u just quoted from the bible and then re-read what u just wrote.

Er...anyways, I don't visit this section often, (its not my thing..) So y'all can carry on cheesy
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2015
RobinHez:

Total hogwash!... I don't even know what to reply.
Y'all know nothing about the Word of God, yet y'all keep attacking It like It was written by kids... undecided
Ponder over the text u just quoted from the bible and then re-read what u just wrote.

Er...anyways, I don't visit this section often, (its not my thing..) So y'all can carry on cheesy
it was written by men who are no smarter than kids. so that's a thing to think about.

also, i see nothing wrong with what i wrote. is it not a correct translation? why do i have to accept your translation? was it you who wrote the bible? what authority do you have to tell me that my translation is wrong and yours is right? this same bible that supposedly claims that it contains no imperfection. yet is the most argued over book in history. you don't see me arguing with you over science textbook and they don't even claim to be the slightest bit perfect.

we don't attack the bible. we point out the ridiculousness of it. you would do the same to me if i claimed harry potter or spiderman was real.

like i said, we don't want you here. you're too fragile. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

But we have lower Gods that exist in heaven and here on earth.

Mars is a greek god.

River is a physical God in some cultural religion.

Humans are Gods.

Stars in heaven are Gods im astrolatry.

Do you disbelieve in the existence of this Gods?
dude, enough of all these. wink
i will give you a very intuitive definition of an atheist.

take a christian. a very devout one. now, imagine that this christian stopped believing in God while not changing to another religion. hence, ask yourself. would a christian believe in this God? if the God is not yahweh and his cohorts, then your answer for the christian would be the same for the atheist. wink
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2015
plaetton:

Sup, my friend of many incarnations ?
grin
How is it going on your part of the firmament ?
going very great my dear friend. grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by plaetton: 9:38am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
going very great my dear friend. grin

Excellent. smiley

Don't forget to give your life to the ever benevolent Toothfairy.
grin
Accept the Tooth fairy now, and get your windfall of $3.85 right under your pillow.
grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
hmmmn. and did you attempt to consider certain counter explanations? smiley
you atheists are drunk on cow piss. ok first off lets define your paradigm. your paradigm leans on the fact that there is no God. and yet the moon travels around the earth clockwork every 30 days and the sun travels around the zodiac clockwork every 360 days, and the annual meteor showers come on certain dates clockwork annually, and 4 consecutive luna eclipses fell on 4 consecutive biblical holy days aka feast of sukkot and passover. and the intelligently designed universe and black holes and nebulae and meteor showers and constellations and stars and planets and moons. so you are telling me all these appeared from the big bang and then started working clockwork without any control from a higher power ? the big bang makes the moon go 30 days clockwork around the earth ? and the sun go 360 days clockwork around the 12 zodiac ? GERRARAHIA MEHN . YOU DONT KNOW NOTTN SO AM FINNA TEACH YOU SOMN
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2015
plaetton:

Excellent. smiley

Don't forget to give your life to the ever benevolent Toothfairy.
grin
Accept the Tooth fairy now, and get your windfall of $3.85 right under your pillow.
grin
I have submitted to the toothfairy. in fact we made a pact. i eat more sweets without brushing my teeth and he gives me an iphone every luna month grin

all hail the tooth fairy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
I have submitted to the toothfairy. in fact we made a pact. i eat more sweets without brushing my teeth and he gives me an iphone every luna month grin

all hail the tooth fairy

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
you atheists are drunk on cow piss. ok first off lets define your paradigm. your paradigm leans on the fact that there is no God. and yet the moon travels around the earth clockwork every 30 days and the sun travels around the zodiac clockwork every 360 days, and the annual meteor showers come on certain dates clockwork annually, and 4 consecutive luna eclipses fell on 4 consecutive biblical holy days aka feast of sukkot and passover. and the intelligently designed universe and black holes and nebulae and meteor showers and constellations and stars and planets and moons. so you are telling me all these appeared from the big bang and then started working clockwork without any control from a higher power ? the big bang makes the moon go 30 days clockwork around the earth ? and the sun go 360 days clockwork around the 12 zodiac ? GERRARAHIA MEHN . YOU DONT KNOW NOTTN SO AM FINNA TEACH YOU SOMN
I don't know what this is supposed to mean . . . because the zodiac isn't even scientific . . . and the sun doesn't travel around any zodiac clockwork every 360 days, and the moon doesn't travel around the earth every thirty days as well.
why lies?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
I don't know what this is supposed to mean . . . because the zodiac isn't even scientific . . . and the sun doesn't travel around any zodiac clockwork every 360 days, and the moon doesn't travel around the earth every thirty days as well.
why lies?
you can lie ehn. do you not see the luna eclipse and solar eclipses in the sky ? what do you think that is ? thats the movement around the zodiac which causes eclipsing at times when the moon is at a certain eliptical level to occlude the sun or the earth.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
dude, enough of all these. wink
i will give you a very intuitive definition of an atheist.

take a christian. a very devout one. now, imagine that this christian stopped believing in God while not changing to another religion. hence, ask yourself. would a christian believe in this God? if the God is not yahweh and his cohorts, then your answer for the christian would be the same for the atheist. wink

A christian who disbelieve in Jehovah could still acknowledge the existence of other Gods. Apostle paul affirmed that there many Gods both in heaven and earth.

Christians also disbelieve in other Gods like Brahman and Buddha just like atheists. The difference is that atheists disbelieve in one lesset God than christians. One lesser God mean everything know as God. This implies that atheists disbelieve in everything termed God.

Gaia is a greek goddess which is Earth. disbelieving in Gaia means you don't believe earth exist. Hope you see the insanity of atheism?
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
you can lie ehn. do you not see the luna eclipse and solar eclipses in the sky ? what do you think that is ? thats the movement around the zodiac which causes eclipsing at times when the moon is at a certain eliptical level to occlude the sun or the earth.
dude, what the hell are you talking about?

lunar eclipses are caused when the earth is between the sun and the moon, a solar eclipse is when the moon is between the sun and the earth. what zodiac are you talking about? is that some kind of circle that the earth moves around the sun?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:23am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
dude, what the hell are you talking about?

lunar eclipses are caused when the earth is between the sun and the moon, a solar eclipse is when the moon is between the sun and the earth. what zodiac are you talking about? is that some kind of circle that the earth moves around the sun?
ahhhh never mind. it will take years to enlighten you. you do know that there are constellations named scorpius, aquarius, capricornus, virgo, libra, aries, pisces, etc etc etc right ? and ophiuchus grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

A christian who disbelieve in Jehovah could still acknowledge the existence of other Gods. Apostle paul affirmed that there many Gods both in heaven and earth.

Christians also disbelieve in other Gods like Brahman and Buddha just like atheists. The difference is that atheists disbelieve in one lesset God than christians. One lesser God mean everything know as God. This implies that atheists disbelieve in everything termed God.

Gaia is a greek goddess which is Earth. disbelieving in Gaia means you don't believe earth exist. Hope you see the insanity of atheism?
what the hell are you talking about? this logic does not follow.

disbelieving in Gaia does not mean that i don't believe the earth doesn't exist. i just don't believe that the earth is gaia.

also, atheists do not disbelieve in everything termed God, but however, everything worshiped as god. i could name my pet God. i could create a game and have Gods in it. kratos is "God of War" from a game. you don't see me worshipping him or arguing that he is real.

you know, i think a more better way to intuitively get my point across on the stance of atheism is to consider not the concept of God, but the concept of religion. atheists believe in one less religion than ,monotheists. hence, atheists do not believe in any religion.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
ahhhh never mind. it will take years to enlighten you. you do know that there are constellations named scorpius, aquarius, capricornus, virgo, libra, aries, pisces, etc etc etc right ? and ophiuchus grin
what the hell?

those constellations are random patterns formed by stars who are BILLIONS of meters away from earth. undecided what do you mean by the sun is rotating around them? they actually have next to nothing to do with our solar system. undecided
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29am On Nov 17, 2015
plaetton:

Stupid question.

Funny that I used the same logic he used and rephrased the same the question he asked cheesy

In case you didnt realise it ... oh you did but applied bias because he's your kind

Since mine was stu.pid his is stu.pid wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
what the hell?

those constellations are random patterns formed by stars who are BILLIONS of meters away from earth. undecided what do you mean by the sun is rotating around them? they actually have next to nothing to do with our solar system. undecided
lol you do know that the sun in its movements sits directly under 12 constellations which is called the zodiac constellations. there are 88 constellations in total but the sun orbits around 12 and hence why they are called the zodiac constellations. you didnt know this ? aiittt this conversation is over lol. you are an atheist with no knowledge of how the universe works . now i have seen it all. grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:33am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
NO i wouldn't.

Reason: I know that this God doesn't exist. so accepting him wouldn't change anything. i would be simply deceiving myself if i thought he could actually change anything. i have a much better chance,

now that's how to answer a question. not waving it off as senseless or irrelevant. as you are currently doing.

Oh just apply the same reasoning you did in answering my question - I'm a christian , you an atheist

reading medical textbooks in an effort to find a cure to myself.

Im not sure you understand the word "terminal" . Pathetic naivety

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by donnffd(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:

I am sorry, but you are the one that dont know what you are talking about!!!, there is no sun going around any zodiac...smh, ignorance...Actually all the effects that you mentioned in this post are due to the effects of one simple fundamental force, GRAVITY. Gravity is what keeps the moon around the earth and the earth around the sun and the sun around the galaxy and the galaxy around its cluster group...Once you understand gravity, you can always predict the path an cosmic body can take, Nothing like zodiac or intelligently designed...Please learn some science before you speak on a scientific subject!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
lol you do know that the sun in its movements sits directly under 12 constellations which is called the zodiac constellations. there are 88 constellations in total but the sun orbits around 12 and hence why they are called the zodiac constellations. you didnt know this ? aiittt this conversation is over lol. you are an atheist with no knowledge of how the universe works . now i have seen it all. grin grin grin
donnffd:

I am sorry, but you are the one that dont know what you are talking about!!!, there is no sun going around any zodiac...smh, ignorance...Actually all the effects that you mentioned in this post are due to the effects of one simple fundamental force, GRAVITY. Gravity is what keeps the moon around the earth and the earth around the sun and the sun around the galaxy and the galaxy around its cluster group...Once you understand gravity, you can always predict the path an cosmic body can take, Nothing like zodiac or intelligently designed...Please learn some science before you speak on a scientific subject!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2015
I love the OP's post. Not for the least because it is well written, something exceptional here on NL.

Although I think the name Toothfairytalian would do better ;-).

@plaetton

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
no . . . i think it is you who doesn't know how the universe works. first things first, there is no Above or Below in space the sun isn't sitting under anything. the stars in the constellations are nowhere near the sun, and constellations are pseudo science. not astronomy.

this conversation is over, you don't know how the universe works. at all. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
no . . . i think it is you who doesn't know how the universe works. first things first, there is no Above or Below in space the sun isn't sitting under anything. the stars in the constellations are nowhere near the sun, and constellations are pseudo science. not astronomy.

this conversation is over, you don't know how the universe works. at all. undecided
enlighten yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_family grin

Zodiac
Main article: Zodiac
The Earth in its orbit around the Sun causes the Sun to appear on the celestial sphere moving over the ecliptic (red), which is tilted on the equator (blue).

The Zodiac is a group of 12 constellations: Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, Sagittarius, Capricornus, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and Cancer. Some version of these constellations are found in traditions around the world, for this band around the celestial sphere includes the ecliptic, the apparent path of the sun through the year. These constellations therefore are all associated with zodiac signs. (The ecliptic also passes through the constellation Ophiuchus, which doesn't have an associated zodiac sign.)
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh just apply the same reasoning you did in answering my question - I'm a christian , you an atheist
in trying to apply your logic to answering the question, it gets changed. it becomes,

what if you were about to die, and you had cried out to God and he had failed you and all you had was science who could cure you and you had a wife and a small child and you cared about them, would you or would you not seek medical help?

and apparently, you wouldn't. because that's just how dumb you've become over the years. and your reason would be that you know that science is not real and can't do anything to change your situation.

anyway, this is not the question i asked and hence not the answer i need. i asked you why you can't perform miracles. not . . . this.
I'm not sure you understand the word "terminal" . Pathetic naivety
apparently, you don't have a good eye for sarcasm as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by donnffd(m): 10:51am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:

The Zodiac here is the backdrop of the sun that we observe here on earth, its more of a 360 screensaver or background image that we earthlings during the olden days uses to determine the position of the earth in relation to the sun...the sun is the going around it!!!bottomline

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2015
donnffd:

The Zodiac here is the backdrop of the sun that we observe here on earth, its more of a 360 screensaver or background image that we earthlings during the olden days uses to determine the position of the earth in relation to the sun...the sun is the going around it!!!bottomline
you must be drunk. go and sleep. screensaver ? lmao. conversation over

inside each constellations are stars and nebulae and black-holes. these are solid delineations not ' screensavers ' as you so delicately put it.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2015
sukkot:
enlighten yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_family grin

Zodiac
Main article: Zodiac
The Earth in its orbit around the Sun causes the Sun to appear on the celestial sphere moving over the ecliptic (red), which is tilted on the equator (blue).

The Zodiac is a group of 12 constellations: Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpius, Sagittarius, Capricornus, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and Cancer. Some version of these constellations are found in traditions around the world, for this band around the celestial sphere includes the ecliptic, the apparent path of the sun through the year. These constellations therefore are all associated with zodiac signs. (The ecliptic also passes through the constellation Ophiuchus, which doesn't have an associated zodiac sign.)
facepalm several times.

that is a coordinate system based on imaginary spheres which help in astronomical navigation. that's not how the universe actually works! there is no greenwich line. it's all imaginary. damn!

this is the article you really need to read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

"The Solar System[a] comprises the Sun and the planetary system that orbits it, either directly or indirectly.[b] Of those objects that orbit the Sun directly, the largest eight are the planets,[c] with the remainder being significantly smaller objects, such as dwarf planets and small Solar System bodies such as comets and asteroids. Of those that orbit the Sun indirectly, like the moons, two are larger than the smallest planet Mercury."

zodiac is not mentioned in this post. it isn't a scientific topic.
Re: Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. by sukkot: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
facepalm several times.

that is a coordinate system based on imaginary spheres which help in astronomical navigation. that's not how the universe actually works! there is no greenwich line. it's all imaginary. damn!

this is the article you really need to read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

"The Solar System comprises the Sun and the planetary system that orbits it, either directly or indirectly. Of those objects that orbit the Sun directly, the largest eight are the planets, with the remainder being significantly smaller objects, such as dwarf planets and small Solar System bodies such as comets and asteroids. Of those that orbit the Sun indirectly, like the moons, two are larger than the smallest planet Mercury."

zodiac is not mentioned in this post. it isn't a scientific topic.
you are dealing with the solar system. i am speaking about the whole universe. our solar system is just a piece of the whole pie. now i see why you are confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cannibalism In The Bible: Det 28:53-57, Lev 26:29, Jer 19:9, Ezek 5:10, Lam 4:10 / Pastor Adeboye Meets With Kakoma Kanganja, Zambian Police Inspector General / 15 Photos You Will Relate To If You Grew In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.