Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos (71099 Views)

Sacked Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe: 10 Things You Never Knew About Him / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Two Killed In Tyre Explosion In Ghana - Very Graphic Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by uncjay(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
grin grin
Holywizard:
i knw de cause. Dem dey 4 cursed land furck cum born dat pikin
grin
Holywizard:
i knw de cause. Dem dey 4 cursed land furck cum born dat pikin

Lolz....
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by Chislon(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
lasisi69:
End time birth
END TIME COMMENT
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by Osirimononaye(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
lasisi69:
End time birth
The End Time Nairalander...LOL

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by ozuru(m): 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
End time
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by addey44: 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
This is a case of congenital abnormality of the central nervous system leading to malformation of the brain and spinal cord. The baby had died for some time in the womb before the eventual delivery and hence the grotesque appearance!
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by Holywizard: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
uncjay:
grin grin grin
Lolz....
dats de truth
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
jasuam:

I like that material on ur dp,can you make 1 for me?
I will gladly make u one. Do u reside in akure?
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by jacoik(m): 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
osesology:
Up chelsaaaay!
*proudlymanufan*
shebi na slap dey hungry u abi
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by aalangel(f): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
lasisi69:
End time birth
This "end time" of yours is always on point.
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by charger09(m): 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
EVILFOREST:
It's a MEDICAL anomaly.
Not usually compatible with life.

Occurs during the formation of the Brains and skull.
......... Anencephaly
i think its neural tube defect which has anencephly(absence of brain structures) as part of its features
its actually due to deficiency of folate during pregnancy..
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by physiomos(m): 1:12am On Nov 18, 2015
charger09:

i think its neural tube defect which has anencephly(absence of brain structures) as part of its features
its actually due to deficiency of folate during pregnancy..
anecephaly with spinal bi -fida
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by IntroVAT: 3:16am On Nov 18, 2015
The saddest part of this story was where the mother returned home without the baby
I was genuinely sad cry
After months of stress and anticipation
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 18, 2015
Scary
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by ceaser: 7:33am On Nov 18, 2015
theshield:

I hardly believe most things i see on social media. I dont believe this story, u can call me Thomos if u want.

IF THIS IS TRUE, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN IT ON CNN, BBC AND OTHER WESTERN MEDIA..............TRUST ME, SCIENTIST WILL HAVE TO EXAMINE IT VERY WELL.

NAIRALAND IS DYING SLOW DEATH COS OF CRAPPY POSTS.

cheesy See this man o. So you expect CNN, BBC et al to scramble for reportage of a case of NTD and anencephaly that even a 200 level Medicine, anatomy and other basic science students can rattle off hand. You too can gain some knowledge my friend, by funding more about the case in your leisure time. Know the common and remote causes, dietary causes (deficiency of essential minerals/vitamins) included and then you too can lecture the women to take steps that will prevent such from happening.
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by waistaa(f): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2015
There is more to this,I hope she didn't kill anyone on or before her pregus stage
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by ceaser: 9:01am On Nov 18, 2015
waistaa:
There is more to this,I hope she didn't kill anyone on or before her pregus stage

Kill kè? Little surprise. You be original Ìbàdàn babe for real grin
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by jpphilips(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2015
olrotimi:
There is nothing strange about this fetus. The condition is called MEROANENCEPHALY and would have been diagnosed during the pregnancy if the woman ever did an ultrasound scan. It usually results in still-birth as is the case here.
I'm equally surprised the doctors said they have never seen this before, no doctor worth his salt should say this. Rare as it is, we were taught this as part of the medical curriculum, except ofcus the doctor cut corners to obtain his degree.

couldn't it be as a result of a kinda mutation perhaps the mother was exposed to some high radiation, smoking and alcoholic consumption during gestation?
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by charger09(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
physiomos:
anecephaly with spinal bi -fida
yeah spina bifida aparta abi?
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by MayorofLagos(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
Climate change! angry
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by jasuam(f): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
classicB:

I will gladly make u one. Do u reside in akure?

Lagos
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
An improperly formed baby. Was bound to happen at least once out of millions of proper births. My advice is for the mother to cry her eyes out and try again in a few months time. Nothing in her power can guarantee the life of this child if not already dead as I type.
Re: Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos by LockDown69(m): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
Harlequin...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mobutu Sese Seko's Mansion Is Now Home To Rats, Bats, Snake (Photos) / The Moment The Trumps Saw The Obamas Off To Waiting Chopper After Swearing-In / Russia Threatens Finland After They Declares Plan To Join NATO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.