Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. (1027 Views)

When A Girl Doesnt Like Chatting With Her Boyfriend On Social Media / She doesnt like putting on her pant. / I Have A Crush On My Younger Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by donTbone(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
There is that moment no one wants to face – when you have to accept that your crush doesn’t like you. Whether it is because he just made it clear in the most embarrassing (for you) of all possible ways, or because he doesn’t respond to you flirting with him, or he started going out with someone else.

1. Cry a Little
Let it out. Take a day to feel sad about it. To analyze it. To do whatever you want.

2. Accept It
To be able to let something go you have to accept it. Some people get angry and want to fight it. They want to prove themselves to the guy. In other words, they are still holding onto it. Then it won’t go away. Fighting something requires that it’s still there.

3. Get a Life You Enjoy
Whilst you might not feel motivated at first, the best way to become happy again is to create a fulfilling life.

The first step to happiness is health. This includes healthy foods, plenty of fresh water, sleeping on regular hours and getting enough sleep (otherwise you are constantly jet lagged and irritable as a result), spending time outdoors so you get your dose of sunshine every day and exercising. Exercising, whether it be hiking with friends, dancing, yoga, the gym, or martial arts, is also the perfect time for socializing and meeting new people. Find something you enjoy doing as opposed to just going to the gym because you have to.

Being healthy helps the brain release the chemicals that will make you feel happy. It’s a cornerstone to happiness.

Secondly, fill your time with things you love and things you know will take you to where you want to go. Inspire yourself to become the person you truly want to be. Maybe you need to do more homework to get the grades to get into your fav uni, or you are in uni thinking you want to develop your interests further and take a fashion designer class…whatever it is, do it!

4. Get Social
Nothing like love and laughter to make you forget your sorrows. Join Meetup groups, spend time with friends, attend networking events, take classes in something you love…do whatever it takes to fill your life with fun people!

5. Get Away
There’s nothing like a change of scenery to lift your spirits and make you realize there’s more to life than what you’re currently seeing. Take a road trip for the weekend with friends. You can always catch a bus if you don’t have a car and you can try couchsurfing.com for free stays – choose people with plenty of reviews so you know it’s safe. You could also go visit relatives somewhere, or go camping with friends or family.

6. Care About Someone Else
Whether you decide to pamper your grandma for the weekend, or join a volunteer program, there’s nothing like helping others to forget about your own pain. It opens your eyes to things beyond you. It also helps cure a broken ego as you realize the world is not all about you.

7. Stop Yourself from Brooding

You had your day of sadness and sure enough pangs of sadness might hit you at other times, but don’t let them overtake you. You are the master of your mind. When you feel your thoughts drifting in the wrong direction (or you start talking to your friends about the guy), change direction. Watch a movie, put on happy music, read a book, go for a walk, dance, hit the gym…just simply discipline yourself to acknowledge the feeling, let it be (don’t fight it!) and move on.

8. Challenge Yourself
There’s nothing like overcoming your fears, or perceived limitations, to make yourself feel good. Go out there and do what you dream of. Challenge yourself to become good in areas you know you want to be good in, but aren’t. If you don’t know how, Google it. Read books about it.

When you overcome the fears holding you back in your life, you will feel amazing!

9. Don’t Blame Yourself
The truth is that finding the right guy is about finding the right match. If he doesn’t like you, it doesn’t mean you are unattractive. It means the two of you aren’t a match. Look upon it as a puzzle – just because the pieces don’t fit doen’t mean they are wrong. It simply means that they don’t fit together.

10. Meet Other Guys
The more you socialize the greater the chance of meeting other guys as well. And the happier you are, the greater the chance of attracting them.
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by chocolateme(f): 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Eyaa
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
grin
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hmmmm, i will keep this in mind grin grin .Nice job op smiley
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by RexKexMilann: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
All Ye "Crushers"..... Take Note grin.
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by donTbone(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
Diddyydiva:
Hmmmm, i will keep this in mind grin grin .Nice job op smiley
Thank yew jawe...for encouwaging me wink cheesy
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by donTbone(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
RexKexMilann:
All Ye "Crushers"..... Take Note grin.
...and all ye players, watch out! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by 20bc(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
So you mean with all these points you have mentioned, your crush will just turn around and love you, or will it make you find another one.....
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by donTbone(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
20bc:
So you mean with all these points you have mentioned, your crush will just turn around and love you, or will it make you find another one.....
Read with an understanding mind...then you gonna gerrit! wink
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by jejemanito: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
The only thing I know that helps is:

BE THE BOSS

meaning?

Do everything possible to be the leader of any pack you find yourself

You're a student? Be on top of your class

You're into business? Be on top of your game. Don't be lazy

ETC
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
number 6 realy works alot
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by donTbone(m): 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
jejemanito:
The only thing I know that helps is:

BE THE BOSS

meaning?

Do everything possible to be the leader of any pack you find yourself

You're a student? Be on top of your class

You're into business? Be on top of your game. Don't be lazy

ETC

Even the BOSS still gat a CRUSH somewhere angry
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by 20bc(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
donTbone:

Read with an understanding mind...then you gonna gerrit! wink
hmmm
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
donTbone:
Thank yew jawe...for encouwaging me wink cheesy
Ya welcome.
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by faith551(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Well I've nt really had such experience, I end up dating anybody I've crushed on, except the celebrity crushes
Re: Dealing With A Crush That Doesnt Like You. by Moz22: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
End time crush

(1) (Reply)

Friend Zone Isn't Danger Zone But A Stepping Stone To Being Ones Lover. / Jigida Waist Beads / How I Wish Girls Of This Century Can Do This...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.