Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (19013 Views)

104 Christians Convert To Islam In Delta State. See Photos / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Renouncing My Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 8:07am On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Can you show me any nation on earth that currently make it a state law to kill whoever abandon christianity or judaism? Or can you tell me any nation on earth that follow judaism or christian theocrasy as a syetem of govt. I need only one please.
there isn't any cos you guys choose not to follow the bible wholeheartedly... you only select parts that suits you and follow...
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 8:12am On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
guyis it by force to live in Saudi Arabia? em force you to come and live there? what's your damage?
Yes it is not by force to live in saudi arabia but the saudis are the greatest evil force on earth (even before the US before the US is also an evil nation and a close friend to saudi arabia). This is because the saudis kill whoever abandom islam but are spending billions of dollars to convert other people to islam by building big mosques in europe and america but will not allow a single church or synagogue on saudi soil. Saudi arabia is also the largest sponsor of terrorism and wahabi islam (the pure islam of mohammed) worldwide.

1 Like

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by opey25(m): 8:21am On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Am I getting you here? Are you saying that anyone that leaves islam in saudi arabia will be (or is to be) treated as a treasonable offense? Let me get you clear.
All Muslims in living in KSA are aware that apostasy is punishable by death. Anyone that want to convert to other religions can quietly leave KSA and go elsewhere in order to avoid the punishment. Vatican City is regarded as a sovereign state,do you think anyone will be permitted to openly profess any other religion except christianity.

1 Like

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
there isn't any cos you guys choose not to follow the bible wholeheartedly... you only select parts that suits you and follow...
Muslims follow the sunnah of the islamic prophet right, just as the christians follow the teachings of christ (as their lord and personal saviour). Can you show me anywhere Jesus asked people to kill\kill anyone who does not follow him or his teachings?

I am not denying the fact that in the old testament (the judaism part of the abrahamic faith), moses commanded that anyone, among the Jews, that follow pagan idols should be put to death. That law was made for the Jewish people, a distinct race and culture, and not a universal law (like what you have today in islam). The Jewish law of moses is not binding on non-Jews and there is no anytime in history that the Jew try to convert anyone to their religion. So dont use the draconian Jewish law, given over 3000 years ago (which they are no longer following) to justify the current evil and barbaric islamic apostasy law.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2015
opey25:
All Muslims in living in KSA are aware that apostasy is punishable by death. Anyone that want to convert to other religions can quietly leave KSA and go elsewhere in order to avoid the punishment. Vatican City is regarded as a sovereign state,do you think anyone will be permitted to openly profess any other religion except christianity.
I hate the vatican and I am no loyal to them. As a matter of fact the quran was read in the vatican this year (and on a yearly basis) when saudi sheiks were invited to the vatican for inter-faith dialogue. Do you think a bible can be read in saudi arabia openly? Never. The catholics are the greatest enabler of islam because their way are almost the same, just that the catholics are currently more humane and civilized (they are birds of a feather)

Do you think the saudis can host the inter-faith dialogue? Never.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Annunaki(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Demmzy15:
Looks like you don't hear word, nevertheless your nonsense has been refuted long long ago. https://www.nairaland.com/2509652/pure-description-islam

Go through the thread, the above assertion was treated and no Christian was able to refute the 12year old to 90year old Mary and Joseph scandal. Feel free to punch!

You refuted nothing even at that you are yet to provide any credible evidence of your acclaimed age for Mary and Joseph at the time of marriage. This lie was obviously invented by muslim al taquiya experts to justify mohamed's perversion. I challenge you to provide a credible link to the story here.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by fr3do(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
seems like the bible is more inhumane in dealing with apostate

Keep living in denial
Where have you seen christians sentence backslidders?

Islam's intolerance will destroy it!
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by mahdino: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2015
gimakon:

Saudi Arabia allows Christians to enter the country as foreign workers for temporary work, but does not allow them to practice their faith openly. Because of that Christians generally only worship within private homes.[3] Items and articles belonging to religions other than Islam are prohibited.[3] These include Bibles, crucifixes, statues, carvings, items with religious symbols, and others.[3]

But we allow them to do what they like in our own places. U see, Bullies! No wonder they chased them out in CAR!
That is the constitution they all ageed to follow, so if one you even in the western nation commit a treasonable offense what is the penalty?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by mahdino: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2015
bumi10:
Saudi Arabia has sentenced a Palestinian poet to death for renouncing his Muslim faith.The execution order was handed down to Ashraf Fayadh, 35, by a judge on Tuesday, The Guardian reported. Adam Coogle, Middle East researcher for Human Rights Watch, told Reuters he had read the trial documents, which make it “very clear he has been sentenced to death for apostasy.”

Fayadh was arrested by the country’s religious police in 2013. In 2014, he was tried in court and sentenced to four years in prison and 800 lashes. But the verdict was appealed, and another judge handed Fayadh the death sentence. While Saudi Arabia is a major U.S. ally against violent Islamic extremists, its justice system is based on an extreme interpretation of Sharia law.

Fayadh’s conviction appears to be based on evidence from a witness for the prosecution who said he heard the poet cursing God, Islam’s Prophet Mohammad and Saudi Arabia, and on the contents of a poetry book he wrote in 2008, according to Reuters. Fayadh’s supporters say, however, the government is punishing him for publishing a video that shows the religious police, known as the mutaween, publicly lashing a man in the city of Abha, southeastern Saudi Arabia.

The poet was a leading figure in the country’s contemporary art scene and had curated shows in Jeddah and at the Venice Biennale before he was arrested, The Guardian said. His Instagram account, last updated more than two years ago, shows a man with a playful sense of humor, and a love for art, animals, sunsets and American music.

“I was really shocked but it was expected, - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/a-man-sentenced-to-death-for-renouncing.html#sthash.dSBFjExo.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

That is the constitution they all ageed to follow, so if one you even in the western nation commit a treasonable offense what is the penalty? Even in th United State death is the penalty for treason
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Ayt27(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
[/quote][quote author=madjnr post=40257164]seems like the bible is more inhumane in dealing with apostate

How is the bible more inhumane when it comes to dealing with apostasy?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Ayt27(m): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2015
Concerning the issue of Joseph and Mary their ages was nowhere stated in the bible, but one thing we do know is, she was blessed amongst women by angel Gabriel and by her cousin Elizabeth.

Also Joseph Mary's husband isn't consequential to Christianity, if an old scroll turns up and it proves Joseph was a murderer,rapist and a thief, it wouldn't change anything about our beliefs. The bible would still be our bible whereas the Mohammed was highly fundamental in Islam if not the roots of Islam beliefs, hence his followers are likely to emulate his steps.

N.B The apocryphal is considered by many as a book having doubts of being inspired by God, that's why it's not included in most bibles.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2015
mahdino:

That is the constitution they all ageed to follow, so if one you even in the western nation commit a treasonable offense what is the penalty?

So leaving Muslim is now Treason?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Demmzy15(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Sorry, I know I am spoiling your mood, but you are no longer making sense nor arguing rationally. Why are you denying your hadith which clearly shows that your prophet was a pedofile for marrying a 6 year old girl? And note that Aisha was engaged to jubair before your prophet jelously initiated the cancellation of the engagement so that he can have her (the same thing he did to zaid so that he can marry zainab). Dont you believ in your hadith again? Is sahih bukhari no longer part and parcel of islamic source material? Walahi you will be publicly beheaded in saudi arabia if you openly deny these hadiths. Do you understand islam more than the saudis?

I never denied the hadiths, you're just trying to be relevant when you're not. If I denied the hadith then you can't argue with me because you'll have no proves. Aisha was 9years when she married the Prophet Muhammad and Mary was 12years when she married 90years old Joseph! grin

[s]I am not forcing any muslim to leave islam but just pointing out the fact that islamic prophet is not a decent man, using the quran and the hadith. Am I the one that wrote the quran and the hadith? No. Original muslims (the arabs) do not deny the hadith which exposed the criminalities of your prophet, they rather view mohammed deeds as a noble thing but you fake nigerian muslims (who arabs see as fake and arab slaves) would rather spend all your time and energy emotionally defending the arabain baddest man and slave trader, Mohammed ibn Abdullah (slave of allahh).

If you dont accept the hadith on mohammed marriage to aisha (at 6) and mohammed snatching zainab from zaid, why do you accept that hadith that asked you to pray five time a day (you can as well show me where it was written in your quran to pray 5 times a day)? [/s]

Irrelevant! grin
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Demmzy15(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2015
Annunaki:

You refuted nothing even at that you are yet to provide any credible evidence of your acclaimed age for Mary and Joseph at the time of marriage. This lie was obviously invented by muslim al taquiya experts to justify mohamed's perversion. I challenge you to provide a credible link to the story here.
At lest the link is open for any reasonable person to see grin cheesy
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by CoolUsername: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
guyis it by force to live in Saudi Arabia? em force you to come and live there? what's your damage?
People are born in countries FYI, and moving abroad costs money that not everyone has.

1 Like

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Annunaki(m): 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
Demmzy15:
At lest the link is open for any reasonable person to see grin cheesy

Where is the link na? Post the article here with a link to it's source if you know you are telling the truth and not lying for allahh.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Demmzy15(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
Annunaki:

Where is the link na? Post the article here with a link to it's source if you know you are telling the truth and not lying for allahh.
Check up, my post to true2god! grin
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Annunaki(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
Demmzy15:
Check up, my post to true2god! grin

I have checked it, it's not there. All I saw was baseless allegations probably copied from an al taquiya muslim website. I need a link to your acclaimed source of the catholic encyclopedia.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Demmzy15(m): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Annunaki:

I have checked it, it's not there. All I saw was baseless allegations probably copied from an al taquiya muslim website. I need a link to your acclaimed source of the catholic encyclopedia.
Check here, it's ur tread Jagoon https://www.nairaland.com/2509652/pure-description-islam
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by trapQ: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
This is invalid.

Note: treason is punishable by death in "every" country, or almost every country. You can Google it. Because its a crime against the well being of your country and could lead to dispute or war between countries. This was the same reason OJUKWU fled, He knew he would have been killed.

Passing the death sentence for apostasy is highly barbaric, mundane and unjustifiable. Only the primitive, stone age man practiced such inhumane acts.
opey25:
[img][/img]every country has its laws,in the US federal law treason is punishable by death.Thats why Edward Snowden is scared of going back to the US.Even in military laws worldwide a soldier that defects to the enemy side might be executed.So there is nothing strange if a country that practises sharia decides to execute an apostate.

1 Like

Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Muslims follow the sunnah of the islamic prophet right, just as the christians follow the teachings of christ (as their lord and personal saviour). Can you show me anywhere Jesus asked people to kill\kill anyone who does not follow him or his teachings?

I am not denying the fact that in the old testament (the judaism part of the abrahamic faith), moses commanded that anyone, among the Jews, that follow pagan idols should be put to death. That law was made for the Jewish people, a distinct race and culture, and not a universal law (like what you have today in islam). The Jewish law of moses is not binding on non-Jews and there is no anytime in history that the Jew try to convert anyone to their religion. So dont use the draconian Jewish law, given over 3000 years ago (which they are no longer following) to justify the current evil and barbaric islamic apostasy law.
lol you're a hypocrite, hope you know that? so now there is Jewish law ,universal law and whatnot? maybe in your own bible... but Jesus said
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by true2god: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
lol you're a hypocrite, hope you know that? so now there is Jewish law ,universal law and whatnot? maybe in your own bible... but Jesus said
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
You are a potential terrorist for this post. Do you want christians to fall into the depraved level of muslims by start killing backsliders? Anyway arabs\muslims do not value life so I am not surprised.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by HaneefahRN(f): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
I have these views to share.
- The actions of Muslims whether or not they claim to be in the name of Islam or the name of God are not to be equated with normative authentic Islam
- The authentic Islamic teachings are based on
a)Quran : The preserved, intact Word of God.
b) Hadith: The Sunnah of the Prophet. The authenticity and strength of it's chain has to be taken into consideration
As regards apostasy.
Evidence in the Quran
- There is no single verse in the Quran wc prescribes earthly punishment for apostasy. Verses only speak of God's punishment.
Q4:137: 'Behold, as for those who come to blive then deny the truth, and again come to blive and again deny the truth, and thereafter grow stubborn in their denial of truth . God will not forgive him nor will guide them in any way'
* It is notable in the above verse that had the Quran prescribed capital punishment for apostasy, the person wld av been killed at the 1st instance.
-More revealing is the fact that there is overwhelming evidence in the Quran for freedom of conscience, belief and worship.
Q18:29 'And say 'O Muhammad', the truth has now come from ur Sustainer. Let he who wills, blive it and let he who wills reject it'
Q2:256'There shall be no compulsion in matters of faith'
Q88:21-22 'And so, O Prophet, exhort them, ur task is only to exhort. You can't compel them (to blive)'
Q60:8 - decrees that pple of all faith co-existing peacefully with Muslims must be accorded just and kind treatment.
* Hadith-
There are few reports alleging that the prophet ordered killing of apostates who refused to repent however they av been deemed weak and unauthentic by Scholars of Hadith due to the weakness in their chains of narration and therefore not reliable esp in serious matters like capital punishment
and many more
A case of apostasy reported in a book of hadith (Bukhari) considered the most authentic book of hadith.
- Jabir Bn Abdullahi narrated a bedding pledged allegiance to the Prophet by accepting Islam and then he got a fever and went to the Prophet 'cancel my pledge' but the Prophet refused. He went agin asking to cancel his pledge, but the Prophet refused. He then left Medina ---'
*The incident took place in Medical where the Muslims had an independent Islamic state, where the Prophet had full authority to implement Shariah. But he didn't call for the man to be arrested, punished nor killed.
- The treaty of Hudayybiyyah was signed by the Prophet and idolatry. 'In wc if a Muslim in Madinah decides to apostate and go back to idolatry the Prophet wld allow him leave and vice versa'
* some scholars justify apostasy by citing apparent safeguarding the Muslim Community and it's political entityfrom disintegration, yet the Prophet allowed apostasy even while Muslims were vulnerable and insecure.
Apostasy can only warrant death penalty if the apostate committed other crimes like murder or instigating war. Like some apostates who had killed and mutilated a shepard after they had apostated and left
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
You are a potential terrorist for this post. Do you want christians to fall into the depraved level of muslims by start killing backsliders? Anyway arabs\muslims do not value life so I am not surprised.

lol so you're smarter than Jesus and who ever your God is? lol so you subliminally admitted that you follow certain part of the bible that's easy for you the rest are just bullshit... what a hypocrite....I want Christians to follow the bible religiously not hand picking the parts that suits em
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Annunaki(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
Demmzy15:
Check here, it's ur tread Jagoon https://www.nairaland.com/2509652/pure-description-islam

I read it earlier and I repeat it was all baselees insinuations probably copied from an al taquiya islamic website. You lied it was from the catholic encyclopedia, supply the link to the story from the catholic encyclopedia and stop referring me to an ignorant post written by a certain al taquiya writing "demmzy15" who has zero credibility. If you can't do this just admit that you lied like a 'good' muslim should and apologise to forum members for lying to us.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
Yes it is not by force to live in saudi arabia but the saudis are the greatest evil force on earth (even before the US before the US is also an evil nation and a close friend to saudi arabia). This is because the saudis kill whoever abandom islam but are spending billions of dollars to convert other people to islam by building big mosques in europe and america but will not allow a single church or synagogue on saudi soil. Saudi arabia is also the largest sponsor of terrorism and wahabi islam (the pure islam of mohammed) worldwide.
if it's not by force to live there... why does what goes on in their land concerns you?? if you're hurt go start your own Christian nation
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
true2god:
I hate the vatican and I am no loyal to them. As a matter of fact the quran was read in the vatican this year (and on a yearly basis) when saudi sheiks were invited to the vatican for inter-faith dialogue. Do you think a bible can be read in saudi arabia openly? Never. The catholics are the greatest enabler of islam because their way are almost the same, just that the catholics are currently more humane and civilized (they are birds of a feather)

Do you think the saudis can host the inter-faith dialogue? Never.
Never wanted to participate in this thread but WTF man…catholics biggest enablers of islam? The crusades, the Spanish reconquista & inquisition, the Turkish Bell, Battle of Lepanto, the Gates of Vienna, the battle of tours, the Knights of St John, The Knights Hospitaller, Pope Urban ll, Pope Pius V etc all Catholics fighting Islam. If not for the heroics of these Catholics you wouldn't be a Protestant today but probably a Muslim. I agree though that a couple of our Popes have been unwisely politically correct when it comes to Islam.
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
fr3do:

Keep living in denial
Where have you seen christians sentence backslidders?

Islam's intolerance will destroy it!
they don't cos they do not follow the bible... but it is mentioned in their book
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ayt27:
[color=#990000][/color]

How is the bible more inhumane when it comes to dealing with apostasy?
read my post on the first page
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by madjnr: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ayt27:
Concerning the issue of Joseph and Mary their ages was nowhere stated in the bible, but one thing we do know is, she was blessed amongst women by angel Gabriel and by her cousin Elizabeth.

Also Joseph Mary's husband isn't consequential to Christianity, if an old scroll turns up and it proves Joseph was a murderer,rapist and a thief, it wouldn't change anything about our beliefs. The bible would still be our bible whereas the Mohammed was highly fundamental in Islam if not the roots of Islam beliefs, hence his followers are likely to emulate his steps.

N.B The apocryphal is considered by many as a book having doubts of being inspired by God, that's why it's not included in most bibles.
was the prophet age and that of Aisha stated in the Quran? but you guys don't apply this logic when it comes to issues relating to Islam... you're all hypocrite
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by Annunaki(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
if it's not by force to live there... why does what goes on in their land concerns you?? if you're hurt go start your own Christian nation

Do you have any idea what human rights mean Do you know how many millions of saudi citizens and muslims in other muslim nations have discovered that islam is false and want to renounce but fear for their lives? What is the point in having millions of people pretend to be muslims whilst in their hearts they hate islam with a passion yet they are forced to remain in it because of evil apotasy laws?
Re: A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia by vooks: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
madjnr:
[b]was the prophet age and that of Aisha stated in the Quran? [/b]but you guys don't apply this logic when it comes to issues relating to Islam... you're all hypocrite

You are silly, are you saying that you only follow Quran and no hadiths? Would you then agree that the hadiths are corruption of the true faith of Islam and their followers are in danger of your version of hell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Saying "I've Never Campaigned For Anyone" / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram / Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.