Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread (5477 Views)

Niger Delta Thread (Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Rivers And Cross Rivers) / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by redsun(m): 5:06pm On May 22, 2009
I bet they are trying to imitate sri lanka and the tamil tigers,animals,forgetting that they are both different causes

All they need to do in nigeria is manage the oil properly and let the people that own the oil benefit from their resources,as well as the general populace.

What the baboon leaders are doing to niger deltans in respect of the oil is a case of man's inhumanity against man,Our leaders are the agents of satan,nigerian soldeirs should down their arms and demand justice for all,they suffer more from the injustices,it is the people against the leaders and soldeirs are part and parcel of the society,the people.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2009
Some fight with GUNS for their rights and for their voices to be heard, yet some are still asking,' what exactly are they saying"? We wonder day and night if the government understands their plight while others wait and watch, others fight with their pens
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:10pm On May 22, 2009
Military option doomed – David-West
Thursday, May 21, 2009

“Tell Yar’Adua I am bitter with him. Today, I am bitter with Nigeria because of what they are doing to the Ijaw communities.”

• Professor Tam David-West
•Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

advertisement

That was former Oil Minister, Professor Tam David-West, deploring the current military action by the Federal Government against insurgents in the Niger Delta.

The Armed Forces had launched the latest onslaught, which had sacked about four Ijaw communities, displaced thousands, with hundreds of people reportedly killed in reprisal against militants’ sinking of two gunboat in Delta State last week.

But objecting to the use of brute force, David-West warned that it would not only end in futility, but was bound to have adverse implications for the nation.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by tpiah: 5:12pm On May 22, 2009
Batubo:

Some fight with GUNS for their rights and for their voices to be heard, yet some are still asking,' what exactly are they saying"? We wonder day and night if the government understands their plight while others wait and watch, others fight with their pens

the main point seems to be fight with whatever you've got.

No other option.

Seems to be a Nigerian trait not limited to the Niger Delta. Found elsewhere in Africa too though.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2009

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:17pm On May 22, 2009
two-boys-attempt-to-draw-water-from-an-oil-polluted-river-in-niger-delta-nigeria

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:20pm On May 22, 2009
A trash-strewn community on the edge of Port Harcourt in the Niger Delta. Little of the area's billions in oil money has found its way to the people of the region

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by tpiah: 5:22pm On May 22, 2009
Batubo

when were these photos taken?

I'm asking because people cant survive on a consistent diet of that kind of polluted water, for any length of time. Where do they get the regular water they use everyday from?

I believe steps are being taken towards eliminating the gas flaring though I'm not sure how much of it has been implemented.

If you have any current pictures of the gas flares, kindly post them so everyone can see if anything is really being done about this problem.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Becomrich: 5:25pm On May 22, 2009
Batubo change the topic to Re: Emergency Meeting -  In London

And give me a call (01) 416 904 5008  Egbeomooduduwa@live.com

I want to talk to you. about the ijaws.

We are closed to joining Benin republic. Make sure you call me.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:28pm On May 22, 2009
It describes the situation in the Niger Delta; an environment in which the concept of oil has taken on a definition that deeply, deeply disturbs me. The above picture, see those tanks? A forest used to be there that would shield the villagers from wind and rain. Their homes with thatched straw roofs used to last twice as long as they do now. Fish don’t breed in the waters anymore. Instead frozen fish is brought in which costs $1 a fish. These people who used to feed themselves live on less than $1 a day. Acid rain falls from polluted skies and kilometres of pipes slash deep, black gashes across the wetlands inland. In its 50 year history, analysts estimate on average an oil leak has occured every single day. Meanwhile, government officials send their kids to exclusive schools in London and sit on leather couches enjoying air conditioned comforts… And as I write this, I know I will be filling up with fuel once more within the next 7 days; Fuel that has come from here and poisons these people’s lives

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:29pm On May 22, 2009
when were these photos taken?
I'm asking because people cant survive on a consistent diet of that kind of polluted water, for any length of time. Where do they get the regular water they use everyday from?
I believe steps are being taken towards eliminating the gas flaring though I'm not sure how much of it has been implemented.
If you have any current pictures of the gas flares, kindly post them so everyone can see if anything is really being done about this problem.

A recent oil spill in Ogoniland. Nothing has been done about it

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by redsun(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2009
We got to take this struggle to a different level,any thing that will comparable to it will be the fall of shah of iran and the rise of islamic revolution,the rise of the masses against the thieves,but in our own case there won't be any kind of dogmatic religion,just common and principles.The will of the people.

All the people with any sense of morality against the immoral leaders,tribe or location not withstanding.We don't need no fighting but changes,war is primitive and not for rational humans,all we need to do as a people is get rid of the few miscreants with the laws of the land or otherwise.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by jimmysho(m): 5:46pm On May 22, 2009
[b]i do not see some of this foreign govt doing anything about the plight of the deltans because the present military onslaught is in the best interest of them[/b]
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by oderemo(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2009
@redsun

you got it on the nose.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by OneNaija(m): 6:04pm On May 22, 2009
Hey yeah!

Everybody run run run
Everybody scatter scatter
Some people lost some bread
Someone nearly die
Someone just die
Police dey come, army dey come
Confusion everywhere
Hey yeah!

Seven minutes later
All don cool down, brother
Police don go away
Army don disappear
Them leave Sorrow, Tears, and Blood

[Chorus]
Them regular trademark!

Them leave Sorrow, Tears, and Blood
Them regular trademark
That is why

[Chorus]
Hey yeah!

Everybody run run run,

La la la la
My people self dey fear too much
We fear for the thing we no see
We fear for the air around us
We fear to fight for freedom
We fear to fight for liberty
We fear to fight for justice
We fear to fight for happiness
We always get reason to fear

We no want die
We no want wound
We no want quench
We no want go
I get one child
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house
I want build house
I don build house
I no want quench
I want enjoy
I no want go
Ah!

So policeman go slap your face
You no go talk
Army man go whip your yansh
You go dey look like donkey
Rhodesia dey do them own
Our leaders dey yab for nothing
South Africa dey do them own

Them leave Sorrow, Tears, and Blood,

Ah, na so
Time will dey go
Time no wait for nobody
Like that: choo, choo, choo, choo, ah
But police go dey come, army go dey come
With confusion
In style like this:
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by OneNaija(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2009
Zombie-o, zombie (Zombie-o, zombie)Zombie-o, zombie (Zombie-o, zombie)
Zombie no go go, unless you tell am to go (Zombie)
Zombie no go stop, unless you tell am to stop (Zombie)
Zombie no go turn, unless you tell am to turn (Zombie)
Zombie no go think, unless you tell am to think (Zombie)
Tell am to go straight
A joro, jara, joro
No break, no job, no sense
A joro, jara, joro
Tell am to go kill
A joro, jara, joro
A joro, jara, joro
Tell am to go quench
A joro, jara, joro
A joro, jara, joro
Go and kill! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Go and die! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Go and quench! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Put am for reverse! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Joro, jara, joro, zombie wey na one way
Joro, jara, joro
Attention! (Zombie)
Quick march!
Slow march! (Zombie)
Left turn!
Right turn! (Zombie)
About turn!
Double up! (Zombie)
Salute!
Open your hat! (Zombie)
Stand at ease!
Fall in! (Zombie)
Fall out!
Fall down! (Zombie)
Get ready!
Halt!
Order!
Dismiss!
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Bialegend(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2009
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out--because I was not a communist; Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out--because I was not a trade unionist; Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- because I was not a Jew; Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak out for me

The quote above shoud refer to your clueless and visionless Ijaw people. It should remind you and your people of the Biafran era when you stabbed the Igbos at the back and sold your birth right for "ten kobo" to your awusa/fulani masters who are now dealing with you guys in ways that you guys surely deserve. After helping the awusa/fulanis to kill over 2million Igbos, no Igbo is left to speak out for you guys, so deal with your present deserved situation by yourselves. Stop disturbing people with useless photos of your Ijaw community. You should concentrate and reap what you sowed.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by OneNaija(m): 12:02am On May 23, 2009
@Bialegend Shut up your stupid Mouth. Did you fight the Civil war? Non sense
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by texazzpete(m): 12:09am On May 23, 2009
@Batubo
When you call this meeting, at least have the honesty to admit to yourselves that most of the oil spillage in recent years have been caused by the activities of bunkerers and pipeline thieves. Look at the first photo showing the gas flare to see women voluntarily placing food stuff near flares to dry. Ask yourselves why ND communities often demand huge sums from oil companies to gain access to spill sites to do cleanup, even when it's clearly a case of sabotage.

Two pages of photos and you still have no words to speak against the state and local governments that fritter away monies intended for development of the region.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 12:31am On May 23, 2009
texazzpete:

@Batubo
When you call this meeting, at least have the honesty to admit to yourselves that most of the oil spillage in recent years have been caused by the activities of bunkerers and  pipeline thieves. Look at the first photo showing the gas flare to see women voluntarily placing food stuff near flares to dry. Ask yourselves why ND communities often demand huge sums from oil companies to gain access to spill sites to do cleanup, even when it's clearly a case of sabotage.

Two pages of photos and you still have no words to speak against the state and local governments that fritter away monies intended for development of the region.

I will not even reply to the gabbage you just wrote
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Bialegend(m): 12:33am On May 23, 2009
OneNaija:

@Bialegend Shut up your stupid Mouth. Did you fight the Civil war? Non sense

I don't need to fight the civil war to know the slowpoke, coward and sabotage actions of your fathers against Biafra and it's people. I can see that your name is OneNaija. Lol. Okay, we can continue with one nigeria as your fathers fought and stood for. Your brother Batubo, the London meeting organizer has even started calling for the division of the useless entity called nigeria. I say good morning to him and others of your ilk. Idiot, why are you complaining? Deal with your deserved situation at the hands of your mallam masters. Una never even se anything.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Nobody: 12:43am On May 23, 2009
texazzpete:

@Batubo
When you call this meeting, at least have the honesty to admit to yourselves that most of the oil spillage in recent years have been caused by the activities of bunkerers and pipeline thieves. Look at the first photo showing the gas flare to see women voluntarily placing food stuff near flares to dry. Ask yourselves why ND communities often demand huge sums from oil companies to gain access to spill sites to do cleanup, even when it's clearly a case of sabotage.

Spot on!!!

The guy is wasting his time

He just woke up from sleep . . . . . ND started meeting in London during the days of Saro Wiwa

What difference has it made . . . . nada.

The only solution to any problem is holding local and state governments to account.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by OneNaija(m): 1:29am On May 23, 2009
Point of correction.I am from Igbo in enugu. I am asking you a simple Question. Do you fight Biafra war.Ass hole.Stupid Idiot
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Bialegend(m): 1:54am On May 23, 2009
OneNaija:

Point of correction.I am from Igbo in enugu. I am asking you a simple Question. Do you fight Biafra war.Ass hole.Stupid Idiot
Igbo wannabe, we didn't start to see your type today. First of all, you should go and learn how to write in proper English. No true Igbo write as you do here.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by yicob(m): 2:30am On May 23, 2009
OneNaija again ?
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Jakumo(m): 8:33am On May 23, 2009
Ultimately, Batubo, the powerful images that you have been posting on the internet are capable of achieving far more than is possible by force of arms, to protect and preserve the Niger Delta races of the Izon, Itshekiri, Urhobo, and even the Ikale, whose health and livelihoods have been so devastated by the oil wealth drawn from beneath the soil of their ancestors for the past half century.

The current escalation of military force against the Niger Deltas many insurgent groups, and its inevitable toll in lives of entrapped non-combatants, will be remembered as one of the gravest miscalculations ever made by any Nigerian administration since the country's Independence from colonial rule in 1961.  There is nothing to be gained by the leveling of villages and massacre of their inhabitants, for this always has a multiplier effect on the grass-roots sympathy and logistical support offered to the pursued underdogs, be they MEND secessionist fighters or full-time oil smugglers.

Your pictures bear eloquent testimony to the hell created by Nigerias black gold, Babuto, and those images speak the sort of truth that cannot be brushed away with public relations campaigns and sceptical, arm-chair commentary.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by denko(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2009
this man need to resign from house of common(reps) in nigeria he is not leader he was rigged there.

Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by CyberG: 11:52am On May 23, 2009
@Posters. . .

I don't intend to rock your boat, but PLEASE use your HEAD properly - kick TRIBALISM out of your THINKING NOW! We've got a problem in Nigeria and fighting it and winning will be as difficult as it gets, why allow one of the biggest dividers of all to stand in our way?

PLEASE, look beyond "YOUR TRIBE" and references to past wars that cannot be and is not useful to OUR cause now. Let us put on our thinking caps and think straight. Two people will never work together except they be in agreement and agreement will never happen when you allow tribal sentiments to becloud your mind and judgment. Stay on the issues and this could be a vibrant and vigorous debate to be read, even, by generations unborn.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by DisGuy: 12:06pm On May 23, 2009
You can write to your local MP and the all parliamentary group on africa if possible include picture and newspaper articles on the current situation and if possible tell them the eefect this will have on britain and british companies and staffs working in the country! get the whole group to write not just write one for the group post it on different days

Postal Address:
Africa All Party Parliamentary Group
Room G11
Norman Shaw South
House of Commons
Westminster
SW1A 0AA

Telephone:
020 7219 2485
Fax:
020 7219 0346
E-mail:
jacksonpen@parliament.uk
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by MaiSuya(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2009
texazzpete:

@Batubo
When you call this meeting, at least have the honesty to admit to yourselves that most of the oil spillage in recent years have been caused by the activities of bunkerers and  pipeline thieves. Look at the first photo showing the gas flare to see women voluntarily placing food stuff near flares to dry. Ask yourselves why ND communities often demand huge sums from oil companies to gain access to spill sites to do cleanup, even when it's clearly a case of sabotage.

Since they are all too busy apportioning blames on everyone but themselves, the latest of which, quite ludicrously, is the statement of a northern senator (misquoted by the way); an introspective, unbiased, objective look into the real causes of the crises, part of which you highlighted above just becomes, to use the common phrase, an inconvenient truth: one which is better left unconsidered.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by Batubo(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLrLr7tDgMQ (Shell on Trial May 26th 2009)

Ken Saro-Wiwa's last words were: "Lord take my soul but the struggle continues."

On November 10, 1995, Ken Saro-Wiwa, an acclaimed writer and leader of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), was hanged along with eight other Ogoni leaders, after a trial before a military tribunal that was condemned around the world as a sham

The emotional re-burial of Ken Saro-Wiwa six years after he was buried in a mass grave following his execution by the Nigerian military government in 1995.

"On May 26, 2009, oil company Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) will stand trial in federal court in New York for complicity on egregious human rights abuses in Nigeria.
Re: New:: Emergency Meeting - Niger Deltans In London and Niger delta thread by ono(m): 7:16pm On May 23, 2009
The approach suggested by someone in here that the military or the FG should have sent some military/security intelligence into the area to properly understand who the real agitators are and then fishout the criminal elements is so far the best contribution to this thread.

And if the people we call leaders cannot think in that direction before carrying out a dastardly act like we have seen, then I wonder the crop of leaders we have governing us. A responsible government will not send out their military in the manner YarAdua did.

But, thinking about getting intelligence reports, I want to believe that the military, since the deployment of the JTF into the ND (since the early 2000) should already know who the criminal elements are. So, why not go after them? why raze down a make shift hospital? why kill innocent people? This basically underscores my fear that there is some elements of ethnic cleansing in the whole exercise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? / Bring Back My Money! My Horrible Ordeal With Arik Air - Ticket# 7252106963442 / Ganduje Flags Off Free Eye Treatment In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.