Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition (3207 Views)

PDP Inter Party Affairs Committee Visits Tony Anenih (Photos) / PDP Constitutes Strategy Review And Inter-party Affairs Committee (SEE LIST) / Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Marlboro1: 6:44am On Jan 31, 2016
A grand coalition of prominent political leaders aimed at galvanising the South-West geopolitical zone to vote en bloc for a single party in 2019 elections is coming soon.

The alliance, Sunday Tribune reliably gathered, is being spearheaded by aggrieved leaders of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), in conjunction with leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), as well as topnotchers from other parties.

The nature of the coalition, it was learnt, will be similar to the popularity enjoyed by the Alliance for Democracy (AD) which was massively voted for in the South-West in 1999.

It was gathered that the ongoing re-alignment in the South-West is part of the larger across-the-Niger coalition being built across the country ahead of the 2019 elections.

Promoters of the coalition are said to be toying with collapsing their existing individual structures into a new political party which they aim to float before the end of the year.

At the core of the new political arrangement in the South-West zone is the Yoruba nation agenda and the place of the Yoruba people in national political power configuration.

Some prominent APC national leaders are said to be in constant conversation with Governor Fayose of Ekiti State and Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State.

Sunday Tribune learnt that the buy in of the PDP governors, who had consistently clamoured for a pan-Yoruba agenda in the current administration, has been secured.

A source in the know of the internal workings of the coalition told Sunday Tribune that Governor Ayo Fayose is already playing the role of a spokesperson for the coalition.

The visit of Governor Fayose to his counterpart in Osun State, Governor Rauf Aregbesola, last week, was said to be more than a reconciliatory meeting of two governors who were once torn apart by politics.

It was reliably learnt that reconciliation of hitherto feuding political leaders across parties in the South-West had been concluded in the latter part of 2015, with consensus reached on the need to protect and defend the interest of the Yoruba nation.

The coalition, it was gathered, is so grand that its promoters target to bring most of the prominent politicians in the zone, irrespective of party affiliation, under a common roof.

Some former governors in the South-West, who lost out in the power play in the build up to the 2015 elections, for example, a former governor of Ogun State, Chief Segun Osoba, were said to have keyed into the plan.

It was gathered that a series of meetings had been held on the arrangement within and outside the country in the last five months. Some of the meetings were held in Lagos and Ibadan.

A similar coalition is said to be building up in other zones of the country, particularly in the North, where calculations are on how to ensure the North retains power for 12 unbroken years.

The reckoning of the northern leaders, the source said, was that if President Muhammadu Buhari is persuaded to do only one term, then another northerner can have two straight terms of eight years.

The Presidency, it was gathered, is aware of the moves by some leaders to forge a grand alliance with the opposition elements.

One of the APC governors in the South-West was said to have been left out of the plan because of his closeness to Abuja.

Meanwhile, loyalists to former President Olusegun Obasanjo have re-grouped across the six states of the South-West.

Sunday Tribune was informed that the group has begun what a source said is a “highly confidential meeting,” where discussions have centred on the need for a new party and the 2019 elections.

The meeting was attended by two people per senatorial district, while there were no representatives from some senatorial districts in the South-West for want of “reliable and secretive” politicians.

At the meeting held on Tuesday, January 26, in one of the states, Obasanjo, who spoke through the leader of the group from the state and former prominent government official, reiterated his earlier position that he had long ceased to be a member of the PDP and never at any time joined the APC.

Read more http://africaonline.cc/index.php/2016/01/31/2019-swest-leaders-plan-grand-inter-party-coalition/
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by seunmsg(m): 7:02am On Jan 31, 2016
Coalition of jokers. Is it Fayose and Mimiko that can't even work together and agree on who should be the chairman of PDP'S governors forum that will now form a grand coalition? They should go and ask Tinubu on what it takes to build a national coalition.

Beside, the people of south west are happy with the APC government for now, we have no reason to support another political party.

11 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by lincolnj88: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2016
hmmmm we igbos know where we already stand as also d

Hausa and fulanis knows thier stand....

Niger delta also shaking....

yorubas.... **** has no stands ***

6 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Aufbauh(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2016
They should have rephrase it to be some aggrieved southwest PDP leaders plan inter-party coalition ahead of 2019 in the face of the dwindling fortune of the PDP.

I think the people that matters in national politics in the southwest are all firmly rooted in the APC today.
The strategic political marriage between Buhari and Tinubu is a bond can be too difficult to break in the nearest future.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by criminalmindz: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2016
I think these news has some truth, a certain prophet had prophecied that buhari will be forced to bring back his old party cpc.
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by lincolnj88: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2016
Collynzo888:

I believe d likes of awolowo , abiola were all relegated .I think u will agree with me on this
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 31, 2016
These set of election losers think they are smart enough to deceive the Yoruba race after trying to sell them to GEJ in 2015.

I think EFCC isn't going hard on these folks that's why they still have time forming a coalition.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2016
Any political observer will know that apc has been hijacked by the north and the sw leaders kept at bay.

It's only only matter of time before tinibu float another party.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Kulas: 8:21am On Jan 31, 2016
For those that are not in the know,kindly be informed that this is what is going on.For the so called APC e-rats,wait and see as it unfolds.Its a matter of time u will soon abandon d scam called APC.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:21am On Jan 31, 2016
gboss4sure:
Any political observer will know that apc has been hijacked by the north and the sw leaders kept at bay.

It's only only matter of time before tinibu float another party.
the death of APC is imminent.
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by babyfaceafrica: 8:29am On Jan 31, 2016
Lienus
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by APCzombie: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2016
The ACN faction led by Tinubu have finally realised that they have been scammed

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by chriskosherbal(m): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2016
The party coalition should be for development oooo.
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by tsdarkside(m): 9:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Aufbauh:
They should have rephrase it to be some aggrieved southwest PDP leaders plan inter-party coalition ahead of 2019 in the face of the dwindling fortune of the PDP.

I think the people that matters in national politics in the southwest are all firmly rooted in the APC today.
The strategic political marriage between Buhari and Tinubu is a bond can be too difficult to break in the nearest future.

it will be hard to defeat apc,if buhari keep on doing his job well...very hard....

the nigerian system is working again...una noticed efcc today??....efcc is becoming like a super-star....
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 9:24am On Jan 31, 2016
South West is the most over hyped geopolitical zone I. Swear...... .they have the lowest number of voters..... And with the high igbo population in lagos.. .. The votes. .. would always split in lagos
I have said it before... .. the sure bet PDP as a party have to win in 2019 is to present
An igbo president and a middle belt vice president... This would sweep middle belt for them... and the East would come out to vote them.. .. south south is already granteed
.. . The West no matter what 30% - 40% would be in favour of PDP

a young intelligent igbo president. ... Like soludo. ... or the imidiate past minister of aviation or prof bath nnaji would give PDP a good image
While u pick a vice from Benue or Kogi
The victory would be so easy for PDP
No man.. ... Not even Obama can challenge Buhari in the far north. ...PDP SHOULD ACCEPT THIS FACT

5 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:
South West is the most over hyped geopolitical zone I. Swear...... .they have the lowest number of voters..... And with the high igbo population in lagos.. .. The votes. .. would always split in lagos
I have said it before... .. the sure bet PDP as a party have to win in 2019 is to present
An igbo president and a middle belt vice president... This would sweep middle belt for them... and the East would come out to vote them.. .. south south is already granteed

a young intelligent igbo president. ... Like soludo. ... or the imidiate past minister of aviation or prof bath nnaji would give PDP a good image
No man.. ... Not even Obama can challenge Buhari in the far north. ...PDP SHOULD ACCEPT THIS FACT

#yawns

3 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by seunmsg(m): 10:18am On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:

grin grin grin grin grin
My friend, leave political projections alone, it's just not in you. Nigeria's voting pattern is more complex than this your over simplified analysis.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by mrvitalis(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:

grin grin grin grin grin
My friend, leave political projections alone, it's just not in you. Nigeria's voting pattern is more complex than this your over simplified analysis.
I dare u to give a better analysis
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by hammerT: 10:26am On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:

grin grin grin grin grin

Accept that u have been schooled and keep it moving.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by gwales: 10:34am On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:

lol middlebelt grin didn't u get a lesson on the 2015 election

2 Likes

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by skademzy(m): 10:41am On Jan 31, 2016
It will be nothing but another coallition in coma. The coalition of individuals of varying interest and loyality. If the AD couldn't put Olu Falae in Aso Rock. I see no soliatry coalition from the region winning the presidency. They better rely on the existing one (APC) which remain the only Win-Win situation at hand.
Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by seunmsg(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:

I dare u to give a better analysis

I will just refer you to the last presidential election, GEJ presented Sambo Dasuki, a former governor and incumbent vice president as his running mate, he lost in Kaduna and the entire north west.

In 2003 and 2007, Buhari presented Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke respectively as his running mates, he lost on both occasions in the south east.

So, choosing a running mate from a region doesn't guarantee you the votes of that region. The middle belt is even the most complicated zone in the country. They are too diverse to predict. As it is, nothing can stop APC for now and definitely, not the south east. Igbos don't have the national appeal to win a presidential election for now.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by gigabyte13: 11:01am On Jan 31, 2016
mrvitalis:

lgbo president ? I dey laff ooooo The SS as a better chance of becoming president again than the successionist.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by gigabyte13: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:

I will just refer you to the last presidential election, GEJ presented Sambo Dasuki, a former governor and incumbent vice president as his running mate, he lost in Kaduna and the entire north west.

In 2003 and 2007, Buhari presented Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke respectively as his running mates, he lost on both occasions in the south east.

So, choosing a running mate from a region doesn't guarantee you the votes of that region. The middle belt is even the most complicated zone in the country. They are too diverse to predict. As it is, nothing can stop APC for now and definitely, not the south east. Igbos don't have the national appeal to win a presidential election for now.

ln addition, pls tell him that, even their hero ojukwu did not get up to 5million vote in the entire SE, when he contested. Jokers.

1 Like

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by ajebuter(f): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2016
seunmsg:
Coalition of jokers. Is it Fayose and Mimiko that can't even work together and agree on who should be the chairman of PDP'S governors forum that will now form a grand coalition? They should go and ask Tinubu on what it takes to build a national coalition.

Beside, the people of south west are happy with the APC government for now, we have no reason to support another political party.

Bros, speak for yourself please.

I'm from Southwest and i'm not in love with APC or its ideology.

Cc: firefire, anonimi, etc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition by anonimi: 11:41am On Jan 31, 2016
ajebuter:
Bros, speak for yourself please.

I'm from Southwest and i'm not in love with APC or its ideology.

Cc: firefire, anonimi, etc

I am Anonimi and I fully endorse this message even though I no sabi chop butter cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny.. Meet Pdp Governor Who Is In Love With President Buhari. / Supreme Court Judge Confesses To Received $20,000 Bribe From Senator Akpabio / Proof That Trump Invited IPOB (see Evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.