Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos (2608 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi / 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by QuotaSystem: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Yes it did. You cannot demand equity when you're not being equitable.

stickncarrot:

Still didn't answer the question
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Bitterleafsoup: 9:16am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Politics has always being about manipulation one way or the other. The Igbos had their chances but failed to seize them because of hatred for a man. Had they voted for Buhari/Okadigbo or Buhari/Ume-Ezeoke in 2003 or 2007, they could have produced the president. But they despised him so much that the man had to look SW. So, whose fault?
So are South Westerners benefiting from APC and Buhari?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by PassingShot(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
So are South Westerners benefiting from APC and Buhari?
Why are the south easterners crying of marginalization then?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2015
please can someone define what the Igbos mean by marginalisation?

during the last dispensation they fed fat on gej's naivety and cluelessness. they held prime positions in the bureaucracy of the country's governance and the government ran the nation aground despite more than $100/barrel for more than 4 years.

the Yorubas were stylishly sidelined and nobody heard them chanting war songs.

MAIN QUESTION: How are the Igbos marginalised in Nigeria?

Any takers?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Bitterleafsoup: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Why are the south easterners crying of marginalization then?
Because we refuse to keep quiet anymore. We are tired of smiling and suffering if your not tired we are tired. We have tried one Nigeria for 50 years to our detriment. How many times have you heard that Igbos are insignificant or peripheral in the poltical scheme? Don't your collegues shout it everyday on this forum. If your not tired of being screwed by the elites, we are tired we are over it!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Bitterleafsoup: 9:39am On Nov 23, 2015
Ioannes:
please can someone define what the Igbos mean by marginalisation?

during the last dispensation they fed fat on gej's naivety and cluelessness. they held prime positions in the bureaucracy of the country's governance and the government ran the nation aground despite more than $100/barrel for more than 4 years.

the Yorubas were stylishly sidelined and nobody heard them chanting war songs.

MAIN QUESTION: How are the Igbos marginalised in Nigeria?

Any takers?
Were you not on Nairaland during elections? How many times did APChites shout Igbos are insignificance in Nigerian politricks. We had prime positions for 5 years and those women were demonized,bullied and blamed for 45 years of rot. If you don't know what tbey did I can show you a thread highlighting their achievements. Yet and still the 95% refuse to admitt the last administration got anything done. Is that the first time in Nigerian history that the gasoline was that high? Like I said I can point you to a thread with achievements and let us compare pass administrations.
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
Were you not on Nairaland during elections? How many times did APChites shout Igbos are insignificance in Nigerian politricks. We had prime positions for 5 years and those women were demonized,bullied and blamed for 45 years of rot. If you don't know what tbey did I can show you a thread highlighting their achievements. Yet and still the 95% refuse to admitt the last administration got anything done. Is that the first time in Nigerian history that the gasoline was that high? Like I said I can point you to a thread with achievements and let us compare pass administrations.

the price of crude was the highest ever in the history of this nation within the Jonathan administration (I stand to be corrected with proof).

if APC shouted that Igbo are insignificant in Nigerian politics does that mean marginalisation?

seems you don't know the meaning of that word.

let me ask you, are southeast states not given federal allocation like all other states in the country?

despite their 5% status, are the Igbo states not represented in the ministerial cabinet of the present government?

are the Igbo states not fully represented in the national house of assemblies?

are the Igbos denied from migrating and living in other parts of the country? are they sold land or not outside the SE?

is there ethnic cleansing in any part of the country outside SE as we speak directed against the igbos?

the women you mentioned, are you aware that they held prime position for 6years but our economy is the worse for it? you don't believe?

before okonjo oweala came in how much did the $ exchanged for? #155, when she left dollar was #230. do you call that an achievement?

okonjo held the post of prime minister for nearly 6yrs, she didn't see it fit to diversity the economy. I understand that that is long term stuff but she never made the effort.
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Kestolovee95(f): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you have evidence that the FG has completely stopped the bridge as a matter of policy? The last time I read about it, the halt is is temporary, for re-evalution and possibly re-negotiation of the contract.

Which federal roads are you referring to? Pls forget about GEJ now because it's obvious he didn't do much in his five years. If he did, those Eastern roads and the Niger Bridge would have been completed even before his exit.

Do you have evidence for your claim? Imagine what you're saying! So, GEJ could only start the negotiation in five years and you're accusing a six month presidency of not doing anything on the sea port already. Pls say something more rational.

Again, any evidence of complete discontinuation of this claim?

Don't be economical with the truth. BBC Hausa is owned and run by BBC News. Besides, the problem with RadioBiafra is the campaign of hate and preaching of violence against a section of the country and the FG and every sane person knows this. Stop the victim mentality already!

When the Oba erred, he was called to order by many prominent Yorubas and the Oba himself apologized. Nevertheless, the Igbos are guilty of being aggressive and formenting trouble with their host communities. Evidences of this abounds aplenty.

FG made $200bn from SE under which regime? Buhari or Jonathan?
Your confrontation with PMB's regime started almost immediately he was sworn in. He had not even settled down by the time the campaign oaf hate and secession through Radiobiafra started and you at the same time expect him to do magic to assuage your feelings within the six months of his,presidency despite that you've not given him any chance.

The fact is you guys hate him with passion perhaps for his taking part in the civil war. Unfortunately, you have failed yo realize that your strategy is alienating you further. Please continue your protesting and let's see where it takes you. Though I sincerely wish we go our separate ways.

I actually wanted to read the thread and just go but why you yorubass think everyone is daft except you is beyond. @ bolded, can you show us any record to prove that your oba apologized?
Weren't you yorudumbases claiming that it is a taboo for your drunk oba to apologize. Listen the Igbo is gifted with an elephant memory even your Igbo friends who may not politics with you. You guys have destroyed and polarized the country beyond redemption get ready to carry a different passport in Odua-Arewastan. Biafrans are too proud to go back to their vomit(nigeria). your nigeria won't survive the information age.
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Yes it did. You cannot demand equity when you're not being equitable.

Can you also canvas for Biafra to go?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by QuotaSystem: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2015
There is agony in defeat.

As at last year when you were in control of the economy and dominated GEJ's gov't, you were happy being in Nigeria.

The same way you were happy to scatter the Federalism that previously existed, when you were in government in the 60's only to cry for it now.

Actions come with consequences, you cannot run from it.

stickncarrot:

Can you also canvas for Biafra to go?
Re: Igbo Leaders Plan To Meet Pres. Buhari On The Marginalization Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 23, 2015
I asked a question, you didn't answer me yet you are talking trash. Did Biafra start today? Why don't you go and get broadcast of Biafra when GEJ was in power?

Well, so many people subscribed to Biafra when Buhari divided Nigeria into 97% 5% and his appointments. If it is for Biafra, IPOB didn't start in 2015. You can download audio podcast of IPOB when GEJ was in power.

Am still waiting for my answer.

QuotaSystem:
There is agony in defeat.

As at last year when you were in control of the economy and dominated GEJ's gov't, you were happy being in Nigeria.

The same way you were happy to scatter the Federalism that previously existed, when you were in government in the 60's only to cry for it now.

Actions come with consequences, you cannot run from it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Should Declare State Of Emergency In Anambra State Now!! / Amaechi To Tribunal & Appeal Court Judges; Refund My Money Or Get Exposed...!!! / Breaking News, Inec & Apc Diverts Rivers Rerun Electoral Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.