Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account (65973 Views)

Young Man Declared Missing After Traveling To Plateau Before The Massacre. Photo / Nigerian Man Declared Britain's Most Dangerous Prisoner / Fraudster Arrested For Withdrawing N1m From Victim’s Account (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by mekonglobal(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
cheesy

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by sashaa(f): 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
iykebest1:
This country is a joke. The man committed no crime. Why the hell did they publish his details for all to see? At least he didn't take the money at gun point neither did he conned anybody for the money. They should ve quietly looked for the man and ask for their money back in a more matured manner. Now they ve compounded everything. If I were to be the man, I will get a good lawyer and sue their incompetent asss for infamous defamation.

Before u start spewing tushes around, it might interest u to knw that am a banker. I knw what am saying.
What is crime, my dear banker?
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by gulfer: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
chrisantus52:
sharp man u na badoo, GOD abeg bless me oh.
sharp Biafra man
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by lumeneng22: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
EFCC declaring wanted somebody who mistakingly withdrew money mistakingly credited into his account by a mistake employee of CBN. The man needs the money seriously and God was on his side. Someday I hope we shall talk about it. Efcc should be after maina and other thieves who have stolen our money and not by mistake.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by sashaa(f): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
iykebest1:
A bank is a financial institution/organization where utmost care and attention must be given even to the smallest transaction. Hence there are no rooms for errors and incompetence.

One who works in a bank must possess an eagle eye for every transaction. Any error that is traceable could be reversed with the permission of the operation head or in cases where it is not traceable, such person will be asked to cover for his/her errors.

In this man's case, the error was traced to his acc and I strongly believe that they must ve contacted the man or at least tried with no avail . The simplest thing they should ve done is to follow the man up and ask for the money back peacefully.

Now, what if the error wasn't traced to his acc? Would they ve gone ahead to state their errors and incompetence online?

Let me summarize by sharing with u a brief story of what happened in my branch. An ET ( executive trainee) who is yet to be confirmed a staff overpaid a certain man from witchtech industry who came to cash a cheque addressed to him for a certain job. The money overpaid to him was 500k. The witchtech guy on reaching his company discovered that the money was in excess, he called the man who gave him d cheque and told him that the money he wrote was in excess. The man quickly drove by and requested for the 500k. Not quite long, d same banker who carried out d transaction came to d office of d witchtech guy and started pleading for his money back.

Without wasting time, the wichtech guy quickly called the man who claimed the money to return it. The man said that he is already in Maiduguri instead of Enugu where the whole thing happened. He wired 300k via internet banking and refuse to release the other. The man stated it categorically that nobody should disturb him any further since he has done no wrong. The money was peacefully given to him without any force as no one could prove any forceful collection. The ET guy had to make up for d rest.

The big question is. "Why couldn't they arrest or report the man if they are so right?"

Same goes to this man in question here. He didn't steal or con anybody so why defaming him . You don't willingly and consciously give me a gift in my own house and still dictate how I should use it.

Cc .
. Tahtah
. Bollinger. (Mr foodo)
Dear accurate, error free, sharp and articulate banker. Errors do occur, no matter how much we try to curb them. Even programmed systems do malfunction from time to time
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by pmatiu: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
My worry is if it is a bank error d poor staff is going to loss his Job
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by pmatiu: 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2015
My worry is if it is a bank error d poor staff is going to loss his Job or payback d money from his pocket.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ASL33: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
Bollinger:

You might be a banker, but you don't know what you are talking about. It is a crime anywhere in the world. I'm sure if the funds were mistakenly withdrawn from yours into his, you'll be singing a different tune right now.
Its no crime, I use to work with marks and spencer, one month they credited more than my salary. When they realized I told them I have used it. The best they did is to reach agreement meant with me to be paying so so amount on monthly bases. Nobody has the right to debit my account without my consent.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
Correct guy, if na me ma, I don reach Alaska by now

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by iykebest1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
ElPhoche:

My brother if the likes of you are manning our banks and money, sorry for this country. Gact is THE MONEY IS NOT HIS. If aa sum of/from that nature enters his account, he should vheck in with his bank. Honesty is a virtue we all N should imbibe and cherish. Imagine the disgrace his children would face with this in school...
my bro. Don't get it twisted. We are not talking of morals here. D fact remains dat what he did was wrong. But under d law, he has done no wrong.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ASL33: 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
iykebest1:
my bro. Don't get it twisted. We are not talking of morals here. D fact remains dat what he did was wrong. But under d law, he has done no wrong.
This days legality supersede morality. End time world.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by iykebest1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
sashaa:

Dear accurate, error free, sharp and articulate banker. Errors do occur, no matter how much we try to curb them. Even programmed systems do malfunction from time to time
I'm no saint. I ve got my flaws and limitations. Errors are bound to happen, no matter how careful we are.

Just last week, I was in charge of the ATM. Mechanical fault occurred wch was unknown to me. My teller machine kept paying pple by adding an extra Zero digit to the. Sum the wants to withdraw. Eg if u want to withdraw 2000, d machine will dispense 20000. Some gullible persons went away with their cash but not for an old woman who came into the hall to inform us.

Now. We were able to debit d acc of those acc holders with us and not those frm other banks. Their details showed up on our screen but we couldn't do anything cos the fault was ours and not theirs.

Morally they ve done wrong cos even their conscience will be judging them. But legally they ve no wrong.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
See this one, leave bible out of this abeg, hunger never hama you well in this economy hardship, tho the man is too greedy, if na me, I go just take 5m, if EFCC ask me, I go tell them me I dey hungry na him make me cary 5m to buy food stuff at least fashola no gree sign check! If they send me go prison, they go still spend more money to feed me, but that 5m? They no go get am again I swear
simplyOJ:
Come on guys! I would not want to believe things have gotten
this bad. Majority of the post thus far, seems to be hailing the
action of the man.

The man would have saved himself all the stress. He will definitely
be apprehended when he least expected and then he will have to pay
back even much more than what he stole.

My bible tells me "stolen bread is sweet, but it shall soon turn to gravel in the mouth"

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by AderibigbeAAA(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
THE EFCC, CBN and the BANK INVOLVED should stop deceiving themselves and answer these questions.

1. How did he withdrew the money? ATM or over the counter?

2. Bank account have daily withdrawal limit, 1m for individual accounts and 5m for corporate accounts, if this rule is maintained, How many days did he used in withdrawing the money?

I'm sure that man is off this country to one village somewhere in Africa to flex that money and enjoy the rest of this life on a low key.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by kenchylala: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
hummmm,so I fit withdraw 45mill at once?

Sooo,
He wan buy property why shouldn't he
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by ministeriallist: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
CBN mistakenly credited Philip, Philip mistakenly withdrew the money. CBN vs Philip 1:1
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by youngsahito(m): 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2015
Let me send my own acct no to cbn maybe dey can do d same mistake anoda tym...
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by suzziematini(f): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2015
]
Onyejiuwaokoh:
The man go say God has remembered me at last

Shiloh testimony.....

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nonsense! A stolen money stolen by a poor man.

They shud free the man joor! I'm sure the cash was meant for a politician that's y EFCC is involved.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Bollinger(m): 12:30am On Nov 24, 2015
ASL33:
Its no crime, I use to work with marks and spencer, one month they credited more than my salary. When they realized I told them I have used it. The best they did is to reach agreement meant with me to be paying so so amount on monthly bases. Nobody has the right to debit my account without my consent.

You are funny. Guess what would have happened if you had refused the offer of instalmental payments. Banks don't like to announce that such a thing happens in their establishment but if you force their hand, well.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Obamina(m): 12:32am On Nov 24, 2015
wordcat:
Whatever that is in the land belongs to the owner of the land therefore, this isn't stealing at all. The money was mistakenly credited to his account and he mistakenly withdrew the money thinking that it was his own.

hahahhahaahhahahahahhahahahahahh alart
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by janco: 12:48am On Nov 24, 2015
iykebest1:
This country is a joke. The man committed no crime. Why the hell did they publish his details for all to see? At least he didn't take the money at gun point neither did he conned anybody for the money. They should ve quietly looked for the man and ask for their money back in a more matured manner. Now they ve compounded everything. If I were to be the man, I will get a good lawyer and sue their incompetent asss for infamous defamation.

The same Bible allows for mana from heaven.
The man has his mana from heaven.

Before u start spewing tushes around, it might interest u to knw that am a banker. I knw what am saying.
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by rotwailler(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2015
simplyOJ:
Come on guys! I would not want to believe things have gotten
this bad. Majority of the post thus far, seems to be hailing the
action of the man.

The man would have saved himself all the stress. He will definitely
be apprehended when he least expected and then he will have to pay
back even much more than what he stole.

My bible tells me "stolen bread is sweet, but it shall soon turn to gravel in the mouth"

Yes he will pay back and be caught when he decides to return from Pluto to earth..but I think Pluto is more better with that kind of moni
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2015
wordcat:
Whatever that is in the land belongs to the owner of the land therefore, this isn't stealing at all. The money was mistakenly credited to his account and he mistakenly withdrew the money thinking that it was his own.

Are u a lawyer??

grin
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by miquelon(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2015
If the guy was sharp he'll put it into a high interest rate account for a year. Then pay back n keep the interest
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by juniorluiz: 8:48am On Nov 24, 2015
hahahahahah. that's nt stealing.God jst decided to blessed the man and u r sayin na stealing 4 where
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Tunechi1(m): 9:14am On Nov 24, 2015
For dis december wey moni no dey, I no blame the man ooo. Buh what ȋ§ bad ȋ§ bad he shouldn't have withdraw everitin
Re: Man Declared Wanted For Withdrawing N45m Mistakenly Credited Into His Account by Adexprint(m): 9:16am On Nov 24, 2015
yea he collected the money in his account
maximilliano505:
Dats is called taking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Armed Robber Who Was Playing Keyboard In Church In Delta Apprehended (Photos) / Policeman Kills A Motorcyclist In Uromi, Edo And Was Killed By A Mob (pix) / Lady Runs Mad After Withdrawing Money From The Bank In Egbeda, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.