Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family (53126 Views)

Should I Send My Father This Message Our Family Is tearing apart / My Half Brother Is Causing So Much Problem In Our Family / Help! This Girl Wants To Destroy Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
Demainman1:
@op,
Your sister is a bastard pure and simple.

And to those supporting the sister, may your children abandon you at your time of need even though they have the means to help. Say Amen to that.

Your children will only abandon you financially if you did not plan your life. If you don't plan your life and you are expecting to become a burden to the 'poor' children in future may God let them abandon you, say amen to that.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by joe17: 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:
I hope this coming generation will learn from the mistake of the past. I have traveled around (Thanks to God for His blessings) I have come to understand that in the West parents work hard to guarantee their future and that of their kids. Unlike in our country where people stop short of guaranteeing their future by starting a family hoping and believing that their kids will be under obligation to handle their (parents) financial situations in the future.

Do not see your children as an investment, rather parents should treat their children as human that should leave and freely work to take care of themselves in the future without the parents placing unnecessary expectations on them.

I have seen people whose career are barely off the ground, rushing into starting family, because they want to please society and at the same time they believe they will channel all their energy ( income which is barely enough) into their kids as an investment. There are a lot of issues that comes with seeing your kids as an investment- with the hope that the elder one will raise the younger ones and eventual take care of the parents.

To the young generation and to -be parents please stop putting your children through such psychological torture, moreover you did not consult any of the kids before embarking on such 'ventures' neither did any of those kids signed an agreement with you.

Please parents shoulder your responsibilities and stop mortgaging your children future, just because you don't want to be left out of the 'I am married' crew or the ' I got married early' crew.

As a side note, I used to laugh when I see people ranting on how much they love their parents because of the sacrifice their parents made to raise them. Yes it is true that your parents could choose not to raise you but at the same time it is their responsibility- a responsibility they willing took upon, most times even when it is obvious that they are not up for it financially or emotionally, to raise you. So I see nothing special in it, just parents taking care of their 'mess'.
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by tpiadotcom: 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:

If only the young ones will learn and start doing things the right way rather than wishing and hoping for miracle when it is obvious that there is a fault with their plan.

Its terrible.

I guess the op is on the warpath now due to the death of their father. One of those family extinction things.
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Charly68: 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
There is a proverb in Yoruba that says : the fact that you were born together by same parents does not mean your relation will show you mercy people born by the same parents can disappoint each other..only prayer can soften her stance..she is either wicked or hard at heart
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Vision4God: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Kip praying for her. She may not realise dat she has responsibility at hom.
Allll izzzzzz weeelll
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by baby124: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
nkyblast:
Bad daughter,no matter wat ur mother must ve done to her,dre is no replacement for a mother,well wat u sow is wat u reap,dre is no where it is written who to die first,try ur best to mk u mum live and leave ur sister,time will tell,she will come looking for her. God keep her ( mum) alive ur sister go marry,ungrateful daughter
Don't say that, some parents are very terrible. Prostituting their kids or blaming them for rapes and even beating them. There is always 3 sides to a story. If the girl should tell her own side, you may even advocate lynching OP

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
yinkus4u2c:
Because she's a member of the family is not an indication that the family would benefit from her success... Just pray for help from above. It may be a total stranger that would help...
It doesn't have to be the whole family. common, her mother is dying, so, her mother cannot benefit from her? huh... No matter how hard i try to understand this, the lady is an ungrateful fellow. Her mother for that matter.
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Jaftee(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
OP, first, be sure your sister is as rich as you think. you know your sister better than us, is she the kind of person that will not help someone in need? if she is ignore her and hustle real time, but if she is the helping types and suddenly stop. then she too might need your help.
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Eeroh95(m): 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Are you sure she is your biological sis....?................things change when the truth is out....just saying
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
yinkus4u2c:
Because she's a member of the family is not an indication that the family would benefit from her success... Just pray for help from above. It may be a total stranger that would help...

Your comment might sound insensitive to some, but I can totally relate based on personal experience. My husband would say, don't train your kids because you want them to train the younger one or you want to live off them in future _ train them to be useful to themselves and their offspring.

I am only concerned about the mother's health, she should show some concern. When health is involved, I soft pedal a little.

God bless you @Brugge

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Demainman1: 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:

Your children will only abandon you financially if you did not plan your life. If you don't plan your life and you are expecting to become a burden to the 'poor' children in future may God let them abandon you, say amen to that.

May what you believe in follow you sir. In a country without social security, your aged parents becomes your responsibility. I refuse to shy away from that. Whether na dem train me or not. As the Yoruba's will say. "Omo a shey irue fu e"
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by nosiebaba(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
etankoko:
I have four siblings who are in the high institution and am working and schooling at the same time. My elder sister who graduated from A.b.u Zaria as a pharmacist is doing very well. She is still single and claims to be a devoted Christian but fill less concern about anything that has to do with our mum . My dad is late and we are not finding things easy. The last time i checked my mum she was looking very sick and worried. The little money am making is not enough to carta for the whole family. My school and work are shaking me seriously.

To cut the story short, we have talked to some people to talk to her, both elders and other reliable family members. I don't know how to cope with the situation.

She is in another state. I don't know if she is just waiting for my mum to die so she will come and spend the money on her burial to impress crowd or she is saving the money for another man when she is married

My mum is dieing silently. Please make this front page i need advice cause i don't want to lose her now.
You also have a problem!
Pray for your sister, if you can't go on your kneels and tell God, then don't tell nairaland. If God cannot help you, nairaland will not help you. They will only heap insults on you and your family.
Stop telling the world things that you are supposed to tell God.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
As i have always said, there are three sides to every story,OP's side, the other person's side and the whole truth. Trust Nigerians, tell them one side of the story and they will swallow it and start raining abuse on the faulty person, never spot to reason and the why and how question, the story sounds sad and i know you are hurt that she is not showing any signs of interest but you and i know, it is practically impossible for a girl child to just wake up and begin to ignore those who she grew (assuming you did grow up together) up and her mum, we all love our mums to bits, if you reason want help, tell us the full story, at what point did she all of sudden stop being close to the rest of you??

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
y mum is dieing silently. Please make this front page i need advice cause i don't want to lose her now.[/quote]

If your mum dies, you will all miss her and you will realise she gave her all for you guys.
So be very close to your mum. Cherish every moment with her. Gist her out of thinking about your sister and pray for your sister. Call your sister only once and tel her the whole situation and conclude by telling her you will never call her again until your mum pass on. Hang up and focus on making your mum happy
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by nkyblast(f): 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
baby124:

Don't say that, some parents are very terrible. Prostituting their kids or blaming them for rapes and even beating them. There is always 3 sides to a story. If the girl should tell her own side, you may even advocate lynching OP
I quite agree wit u but frm wat d story says she is a pharmacist and doing well,no matter wat she wldnt wish her mother dead,well my answer was based on d story, God help dem
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by kingthreat(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:

This kind of reasoning is why we will continue to wallow in poverty. Have you stopped to imagined what the situation would have been if the parents had planned their lives properly before bringing those kids into this world. Rather than follow the herd mentality, children are not under any obligation to raise or assist their parents but parents are required to train their children without expecting anything in return.

If only the young ones will learn and start doing things the right way rather than wishing and hoping for miracle when it is obvious that there is a fault with their plan.

Sorry but you're a nincompoop for making such statements. As it makes no sense to you not to reap good from your children so be it for you. About planning one's life properly, what about those caught up in disasters and they had to start from scratch. It's obvious you know NOTHING about life. Fools like you will watch your parents suffer when you can ease them because of your retarded mentality.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by baby124: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
nkyblast:
I quite agree wit u but frm wat d story says she is a pharmacist and doing well,no matter wat she wldnt wish her mother dead,well my answer was based on d story, God help dem
If you had a mother that treated you like a prostitute and destroyed your life, will you care if she is alive or dead? Even what parents say to their kids can make them hate them. Some people call their kids bastarf, prostitute and claim they will never do well. Heap curses on their kids because of 5 mins madness. Not everyone forgives such actions. It is God's grace that helps parents to do the right thing. If the mother has done wrong, she should personally go and beg. Otherwise accept her lot and stop disturbing her. I am sure the mother knows what went wrong. Reason why they are sending elder's to beg. When a parent can't talk to a child who is supposedly a good girl and Christian, something is fundamentally wrong somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:

This kind of reasoning is why we will continue to wallow in poverty. Have you stopped to imagined what the situation would have been if the parents had planned their lives properly before bringing those kids into this world. Rather than follow the herd mentality, children are not under any obligation to raise or assist their parents but parents are required to train their children without expecting anything in return.

and this shii dey sweet for yr mind. This is Nigeria where there are no good retirement facilities, even in some debvloped countries peeps still care for their old ones, just wondering how ur parents would feel reading this from u. One of the reasons I hate the book "the rules of parenting".
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
Demainman1:

May what you believe in follow you sir. In a country without social security, your aged parents becomes your responsibility. I refuse to shy away from that. Whether na dem train me or not. As the Yoruba's will say. "Omo a shey irue fu e"

The problem is that Nigerians always shy away from the truth and we like wiping up sentiment. Have you ever considered what most kids go through as kids, ranging from having the worst living condition to hawking around goods at a very tender age, rather than being children. Have you ever considered that if most parents have set their priority right they would never put their kids in such situation?

You may not want to accept the truth but I have been with parents whose financial status aint good and they are about having a new baby in addition to the ones they could barely care for. Most of them their responses are same 'that God will take of the kids or that God will provide'. How on earth will a loving parent put their so called loved kids in such a situation?

I hope when you are old enough to start a family that you make a better choice so that your kids will be kids when they are supposed to be kids and be adult when they are meant to be one.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
menix:
Quit expecting her to sort u guyz nd u will experience open doors but once u keep hoping she will change nd start supporting the family you will be limited by ur thought..

Ask yourself this, if ur wealthy sister is not in the picture won't the family survive.

I know of a family their sister is a bank manager in USA, since the day she left nigeria till date she has not visited to say hi to the aged parents, she does not call, talkless send a torn wrapper to the mum..

This is what Jesus saw on the crox nd shouted it's is finished (Uwa Embigo)

I've said it b4, nairaland will not kill me.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
and this shii dey sweet for yr mind. This is Nigeria where there are no good retirement facilities, even in some debvloped countries peeps still care for their old ones, just wondering how ur parents would feel reading this from u. One of the reasons I hated the book "the rules of parenting".

Of course I live in Naija and I know the situation of things. Can you explain to me how in the world what and how an okada rider for instance with five kids intend to give those children a good childhood and at same time save or make any investment towards his retirement?

Please my dear let's not allow sentiment becloud our judgement,hence, we ourselves will be similar mistake.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Richy4(m): 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
raayah:

No where in the post did OP say their family trained her. A lot of people in Nigeria train themselves through university. We don't even know how her family treated her when growing up.
It could even be that she has been giving them money all these while , yet they keep insulting her because she's single (as you can deduce from OP original post).
We need to hear both sides.

Did you train yourself in school?
Are you working...?
Do you buy your parents gift ones in a while?
If you buy your parents gifts ones in a while, why do you do it?
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
kingthreat:

Sorry but you're a nincompoop for making such statements. As it makes no sense to you not to reap good from your children so be it for you. About planning one's life properly, what about those caught up in disasters and they had to start from scratch. It's obvious you know NOTHING about life. Fools like you will watch your parents suffer when you can ease them because of your retarded mentality.

It is quite unfortunate that you couldn't make your point or come up with a counter argument without insulting me. The sad thing is you don't me neither do you know my parents.

I am not going to insult you, but I hope you remember this as long as you live. When you are old enough to start a family you had better make a wise choice else you will have yourself to blame.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
armyofone:
You are so right. And it is so unfortunate his/her thought process. They don't even care to know how she is doing, if she is paying back debts, or something. They have calculated she is a pharmacist and as such, she is automatically rich. When is this entitlement going to end?
Suze Orman once said it is what is making many people poorer than they should be. It is very common among black/African too.
The days of carrying family financial burden on oneself is gone. Wake up and work your way up with no expectation from anyone. Talk to her yourself, tell her what you have been doing and what is going on back home.
You OP should consider helping your mom more because you never know what your sister is really going through wherever she is.

Everybody is going through something, 'going through something' is not an excuse to neglect one's parents. For a mother to expect support from her child is not bad and if that is a black African problem then the reason is not far fetched - we don't have social welfare packages for the elderly. They should bluntly tell her she is messing up and the mother completely turn her back against her and forbid her from attending her funeral til she does what is right. I am tired of Africans trying to live European and American lifestyles in an African setting!
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:

Of course I live in Naija and I know the situation of things. Can you explain to me how in the world what and how an okada rider for instance with five kids intend to give those children a good childhood and at same time save or make any investment towards his retirement?

Please my dear let's not allow sentiment becloud our judgement,hence, we ourselves will be similar mistake.

I sincerely agree with u on dat path, but i bliv dats not d case of d op, even if dat was d case, is it right to neglect ones MOTHER during hard times? bro u dont pay evil with evil. ur mum is a witch but shes still ur mum Jah bless
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by redcliff: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
yinkus4u2c:
plezde what kind of comment is this for Christ's sake!if it was ur own sister, would you say this same thing.. just imagine you were in this guy's shoes..what would you say?
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Demainman1: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Brugge:

The problem is that Nigerians always shy away from the truth and we like wiping up sentiment. Have you ever considered what most kids go through as kids, ranging from having the worst living condition to hawking around goods at a very tender age, rather than being children. Have you ever considered that if most parents have set their priority right they would never put their kids in such situation?

You may not want to accept the truth but I have been with parents whose financial status aint good and they are about having a new baby in addition to the ones they could barely care for. Most of them their responses are same 'that God will take of the kids or that God will provide'. How on earth will a loving parent put their so called loved kids in such a situation?

I hope when you are old enough to start a family
that you make a better choice so that your kids will be kids when they are supposed to be kids and be adult when they are meant to be one.

And what makes you think that I am not old enough to be your father?

See, in Nigeria where there are no social security, people have kids with the hope that some of them will succeed so as to help out. Nothing wrong with dat at all. Look around you, you will see a lot of people from very poor families doing very well today and looking after their parents.

I cannot abandon my parents no matter what. Thank you.
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Godsonkemz(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Commit it to God who can change your sister's heart. May God release her from whatsoever that is holding her captive liquidating her capital or causing her not to have concern for her family.
Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by raayah(f): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
Richy4:

Did you train yourself in school?
Are you working...?
Do you buy your parents gift ones in a while?
If you buy your parents gifts ones in a while, why do you do it?

DO you read all the post on nairaland of people begging for admission fees to enter university?
Do you see the thousands of youths out hawking and begging in the hot sun. Young female hawkers being raped every second. All because their parents cannot care for them.
The plight of the Nigerian woman is very hard .
You guys like to act as if you don't know how this country is.
Was it not yesterday that a young man posted that his father flogged him naked all his life and rubbed pepper on his wounds?

Where in OP post was it mentioned that their family supported her?
For all we know, they might have sent her off as house-girl somewhere.

For a child to forget her sick mother, something terrible must have happened to her.
Until I hear two sides of the story, before i condemn the woman.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by datigbogirl: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ginaz:
Something is eating her deeply, may be something that happened to her, a bad memory or experience. Except she makes it known to everybody, she won't change.

people will offend you and instead of feeling penitence & apologizing they will behave as if they did nothing wrong and stick to it till it gets too late. then they start begging for help. dat sister may never help dat family honestly cos I'm also in d same situation right now, , I've decided not to help anyone in d house till they apologise WHEN they don't need my help not WHEN they need it as dat to me is a sign of true penitence.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Everybody is going through something, 'going through something' is not an excuse to neglect one's parents. For a mother to expect support from her child is not bad and if that is a black African problem then the reason is not far fetched - we don't have social welfare packages for the elderly. They should bluntly tell her she is messing up and the mother completely turn her back against her and forbid her from attending her funeral til she does what is right. I am tired of Africans trying to live European and American lifestyles in an African setting!

Brother have you considered that parents should know that there is no welfare package for them in the future and start saving/preparing for the raining day. I am sure when you talk about welfare you are referring to that available to the elderly in the west but it may surprise you to know that despite the availability of the welfare that most white people still save towards their old age.

What if something happens and the children you are hoping on couldn't even bail themselves out financially? What if they make bad choices that affect how they treat their parents in the future? Wouldn't it be nice if such parents had saved against the future and have something to fall back on? If in the long run things work out great and the kids are their for them financially at least the parents will have something to leave for their grand kids.

It is time we Africans start going away from aged-cultural way of thinking, thinking that time and time had failed us and had served us no good purpose.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bimbo Ayelabola Gives Birth To Quintuplets In London, Gets Let Off £145k Bill / I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members / Nigerians, We’ve Got A Sexuality Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.