Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215355 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Otsealu1(f): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2015
Wow! Your story is touching... Lots of persons goes through this everyday. I had a friend of mine who went through this while we were in school. To God be the glory she's a graduate today and I can boldly say that she never slept with men to sustain herself just like you she made hair for people with little assistance from we her friends she scaled through by God's grace. I like the courage you took to share this story. Unknown to you now, you might be helping alot of person going through this same challenge. I really can't wait to read it all. Your style of writhing is cool.

3 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by lekelee4real: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2015
wot a story!!!. the more you live the more you see
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Matttthew(m): 10:39am On Nov 26, 2015
This story is getting longer n a bit boredom

I believe it is real but at least this have gotten to FP, and I tout the story should have ended b4 I got to this page. Do fast angry

The waiting is killing
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by sirhamilton(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2015
I can relate with this story 111% . I still remember the weird comboa of food I use to have just to make sure my stomach gets filled by each meal .
Guess my brain must v evolved into a Casio calculator cos I always had to calculate the impact each naira spent would v on my finances in the long run.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by sirhenry007(m): 10:44am On Nov 26, 2015
The wait even makes the story more interesting. Carry go op

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by 4kizo(m): 10:55am On Nov 26, 2015
I don't like commenting on stories but babe, its getting boring....
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Yukirusi(f): 10:58am On Nov 26, 2015
Datsincerechick, where're u? Pls come and finish what u've started oo!
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by jumpampass(m): 10:58am On Nov 26, 2015
Na wetin con happen next. me no dey like uncompleted stories oo
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by grandberry: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2015
queenfav:
lol..he was a spirico o.He never had a girlfriend all through our university and law school days.He is still a very good friend to me though.
if the guy ask you out will you date him?

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by uncjay(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2015
ecnuel:

Is this a fiction or a true life story? Whatever, may be the answer, the lessons are much. If it be a true life story, I salute your fighting spirit.

Sorry oooo...... But I suppose you guys should learn to read from beginning and try as possible to retain some....she start her intro by saying it her life story, again when a guy requested to be sure truly if it was her true story she replied in affirmative...

I don't mean to castigate u atol ooo, I just think u shud read her work well and other people's comments. Cheers

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Israelwiz1: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2015
My temper fit fry yam oo... Complete dis story make i do other tins na... If i no read d end of this story 2day, i fit kill person..

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by anonimi: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2015
kpez:

Guy, this your thinking na wa oh! So person don go through the drills of securing a university admission, ala, jamb, aptitude and other tests, then after paying fees for class clearance cards and just cus there's no sustenance allowances you crawl up with this kind advice?! Vocational ko, side kick skills ni, even if your argument is to come back later for unilevel profession, how long do you think an approved admission can be deferred for crying out loud or you think an opportunity at passing jamb in one sitting could always come back at the snap of one finger (lolz)?! Get a life guy and always try the advice of putting the horse before the cart and not the other way round! If you own a vocational school go look for students elsewhere and not from this fictional/non fictional thread, #no offence!

Oga abeg no vex about my thinking o jare.
All is well.
Abi wetin make I talk again? grin
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by kizyalex10(m): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2015
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by queenfav(f): 11:20am On Nov 26, 2015
grandberry:
if the guy ask you out will you date him?
nah..I am not attracted to him in that way..He's like family to me.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Matttthew(m): 11:30am On Nov 26, 2015
People viewing this thread have reduced drastically, if Op cont'd like this: No one will learn from it whatsoever undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Yukirusi(f): 11:30am On Nov 26, 2015
@op, can you please teach me how to write like you?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ooliver: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2015
Great story...you should consider the person who offered to introduce you to Tunde Kelani of Mainframe o...

I can see the setting.....in OAU or UI.....already playing around with possible actors in my mind....e go make sense die....

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by anonimi: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2015
streetzdreamz:
its quite unfortunate reading about the woes and predicaments of humans,things they had no power or will over,I don't know who gets the greater blame,the parents or the society we find ourselves, but I give it to the society!!!most stuffs are just so over rated,friendship,relationships,money,rides,sex,marriage,kids,grades,education,th-e list goes on and on,the must syndrome people attach to this stuffs makes em more vulnerable to vices and bad judgements,its gotten so bad,if you lack a tiny fragment of any of the stuffs above the society labels you a cast away!!!!!a reorientation about this stuffs will go a long way in curbing most excesses that results into vices and pain,most people see marriage and kids as a must,howbeit they have no idea of how the institution works,no patience,perseverance,zero commitments,all they scream is am in love,hence am getting married plus am getting old what will the society say,lil wonder the union goes crumbling in no time,kids are lovely creatures,but most parents don't see things beyond that,they have no plans for the upkeep of their wards,feeding,clothing,schooling,miscellaneous expenses,some can't even give a free gift of nature which is love,yet they bring innocent kids to the world to come bear the brunt as if they committed a crime in their past life!!!people ask me about marriage and kids and ma response always riles em up,they see me as a strange psycho who needs help,this stuffs goes deeper than just walking down some aisle and fathering kids ,most humans out there are just walking deads,dead from the pressures,emotions,frustrations,pains and odds of life,a ticking bomb waiting to explode,@op your story is captivating, either real or imaginary, thumbs up.

Great post/comment from you.
You may however wish to note that the society is made up of parents and ALL of us interacting together.
We spend way too much celebrating meaningless things instead of using the time & resources to solve our myriad of problems in a comprehensive, long-term manner!
Thankfully there is Nairaland for more diverse interaction that should lead to a better society-Amen!!!
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by babseg(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2015
ayusco85:

See ur mouth. Na ur kind dey help with expectations of reward. Why will she marry him? Na woman dey marry man for ur side?

See ur head tongue I ask u question. Abeg mind ur business ability u know dey mind your own business for your side?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by babseg(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2015
queenfav:
lol..he was a spirico o.He never had a girlfriend all through our university and law school days.He is still a very good friend to me though.

Ok that's good
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by jkbee(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2015
ABEG!!! THIS DON BECOME SEASON FILM, I BET U WL MAKE HUGE MONEY IF U SELL THE SCRIPT TO NOLLYHOOD smiley
Ur Writing skill is superb
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by thatsincerechic(f): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2015
After I had recovered from the shock, I tried reaching Rita on her mobile. Her phone kept ringing yet there was no response. I think i gave her over twenty missed calls because I kept on calling incessantly.
Rita was my friend, I decided I wasn't going to believe what I just saw. She had been good to me from the day we met at the school campus. She was like a sister, a really nice person, I was thinking aloud. I found it hard to believe Rita had packed my luggage out of her apartment before I arrived.
I wanted explanations, I felt I deserve an explanation on what I just saw. I wanted to see the look on her friendly face while she explained. I felt if I saw her she would change I mind and apologise, she would tell me it was a drastic action. I found it hard to believe she had treated me this way and I decided not to hate her.
After standing at the door and hoping she would show up for what seemed like decades, I decided I had had enough standing and i went downstairs to meet the security man.
Immediately I got to him, he handed over a small brown envelope to me and I saw that it was from Rita as soon as I opened it And found a letter and N3000 cash inside.
The content of the letter read..
" sorry I left your luggage with the gateman. I have a new Roomie who is coming to stay next week****** cos you can no longer stay with me ****I need the cash too you know, you will find N3000, use it as cab fare (no insults intended) Rita".
The security was staring at me and asked if I was okay, I simply told him,
"yea... Hmmm... Errmmm pls give this money to Rita when you see her" I said handing over the N3000 in the envelope back to the gateman.
I wasn't in control of my voice, I was choking while trying to control my emotions, and I felt any minute, I was going to cry. I quickly thanked the security man for the message, told him I was coming back for my luggage and hurriedly left the building.....

11 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by uncjay(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2015
OP God bless u oooo.....if no be one guy weh I no fit help but to reply hm post, na now I for dey comot for ghost mode...

Sincerely your story is one thing familiar with many Nigeria students, I'm still in school and going through similar situation, on many occasion I thought of quitting but somehow some good friends keep making sure I held on to hope. And of course reading your story strengthened me the more. Thank You.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by darlington64: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2015
Rita has really changed it for you
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by uncjay(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
" sorry I left your luggage with the gateman. I have a new Roomie who is coming to stay next week****** cos you can no longer stay with me ****I need the cash too you know, you will find N3000, use it as cab fare (no insults intended) Rita".

Indeed! No insult intended....after she send you out in such wicked manner.....abeg wich insult pass this one.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by tochez24(m): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
business before friendship u knw....swt sad story though,i jst dy follow like delegiwa'
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by jkbee(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
LIFE Can seem unfair sometimes, But worthwhile for pple dat won't give up

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by fmcool1234: 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nice one
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by noblegrex: 12:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
obstead200:
I have a wife. and everyday I remain grateful to her parents for what they passed through just to produce a wonderful wife material.
But like I said, it is a gamble I personally wont prefer to undertake. Let others bear the risk instead.
I no fit laugh oo.you funy small sha. But before you had her you've been playing with some na.you yourself can also testify to that effect.if her parent brought her up so wonderfuly that you can make such an awesome comment,then it means that she/both of you as parent can follow suit.

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Israelwiz1: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
d way dis gul dae cut dis story dae mk me cry... My temper no gud oo. If dis story reach night, i go kill person..

1 Like

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by marlockj: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
skedy1:

Late comer!!!!!

Ur rite
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by noblegrex: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
dhummystecah:
lol. That good friend is the same on OP's neck for a rent of 90,000 plus bills 4000.
yea! I forgot to add that only if she'll not reproach.when I got to that part when she was asking for house rent I was like wow!! But you won't blame her na.she still really tried allthesame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.