Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate (33632 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / Why Faleke Should Be Declared Kogi Guber Candidate – Ex-inec Coordinator / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Atlantian: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the death of Audu Abubakar, the Governorship candidate of APC and the leading candidate in the yet-to-be concluded Kogi state Governorship election, tongues have been wagging and opinions have been divided on what should be the next line with respect to the said election. To some, the election should be outrightly cancelled because the Governorship candidate of APC is gone. To some others, the APC should be disqualified for having 'No Candidate', while some others opined that the APC should nominate a new governorship candidate to complete the process.

Firstly, the election can't be cancelled because INEC has NO power according to the Electoral Act (2010) and the 1999 Constitution to cancel any election when declared. It lies with the COURT. The only way election can be cancelled is when both the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates of a political party dies. In this case, the Deputy Governorship candidate of APC, James Faleke is still alive. Hence, INEC has no choice but to continue with the process.

Secondly, APC followed the legal process in the nomination of Audu Abubakar and Hon James Faleke as the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates respectively. The Electoral Act never prescribe disqualification of political party on account of death of its Governorship or Deputy Governorship candidate. Considering that the Electoral Act and Supreme Court judgement maintained that political parties not candidates stand for election, it simply means APC remains in the race and in pole position to form new Kogi state government when Idris Wada's tenure elapse despite the demise of Audu.

Why Hon James Faleke Should Succeed Audu
That established, the next is who should succeed Audu Abubakar as APC candidate? Let us recall that the Electoral Act and Constitution was silent on what should happen in the event that a Governor-elect denounce his mandate before his inauguration as at 1998. When Atiku Abubakar rescinded his mandate for the VP candidate of Segun Obasanjo of PDP, INEC felt there was need for a fresh PDP candidate for a new election. PDP and the Adamawa state Deputy-Gov-elect Boni Haruna as then was went to court. The SC ruled that PDP won the election with Atiku/Haruna as candidates, and in the eyes of the law, Atiku was 'dead'. Hence, Haruna should replace Atiku as PDP Governorship candidate and be sworn-in as Adamawa state Governor. After the judgement, the Electoral Act and Constitution were amended to reflect the SC interpretation. In this situation, considering the fact that the law allows for the Deputy to succeed his/her boss in the event of death of the Governor-elect (after election has been concluded) and the Governor (after inauguration), it is only normal and in accordance with the positions of the SC judgements and the law tthat Hon James Faleke, the APC Kogi state Deputy Governorship candidate be upgraded to the substantive Governorship-candidate of APC, while the party nominates a new running mate.

The Position of Running Mate Is For Purpose Like This
We also have to realise that the purpose of running mate is not to 'fill space' but to step-in in case of any eventuality of the main candidate. This is why the VP assumes the role of President in event of death, and not the runner-up in the Presidential election. It is also the reason the VP-elect assume the position of President-elect in event of death of the President-elect and not the runner-up of the election. This is same reason the APC Deputy Governorship-candidate of Kogi state (James Faleke) will/should assume the position of Governorship-candidate and not the runner-up in the APC Primary election. Hence, the APC should 'do the needful and nominate a new Deputy-Gov candidate.

A Fresh Primary Is Illegal and Unconstitutional
However, should APC elect for a fresh primary, then that will amount to illegality as no section of the Electoral Act and the Constitution give room for primary when election is ongoing. I believe that the court will nullify it. It is my belief that the only legitimate thing is for Faleke to be made the candidate.

Why I'm Behind Hon James Faleke's Ascension:
My position on this subject is precipitated on the need for being on the side of justice irrespective of who the beneficiary may be. Justice is justice, there is no basis for opposing justice because it doesn't favor our ethnic or political scheme. For those against Faleke on basis of his non-Igala heritage, I urge you to accept the new development for in the interest of the state.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Kogi state.

Wrong! The Deputy Governorship Candidacy is not a constitutional position but a party position, so is the position of Governorship Candidacy. Both are within the command and control of the Party and the party decision remains sacrosanct on this. No external influences or judgement liens outside the internal laws and machinations of the APC is binding. This is party politics.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by PassingShot(m): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2015
wirinet:

Primaries can only be held to select a candidate to contest in areas where results had been cancelled, you cannot select another candidate to contest in areas where results had been declared, unless those results are also cancelled.
We're all saying our different opinions on the matter. Let PDP go to court after the election and we wait for the court's decision.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:59am On Nov 25, 2015
Bloggz74:
You don't analyse constitutional issues like a piece of shit bro. The entire instances raised are near close not exact.

Since there's no exact provision in the law for this we need to be careful because judicial precedence is more harmful.

Falake is out of the scheme cos a law says you must go through primaries to b a flagbearer which he ddnt. He would v bn the governor if they were already sworn in.

Let's becarefull!
You don't conduct a fresh primaries or shoot up a non member of the party ticket as the party candidate in the middle of an election except when the whole exercise is cancelled-which however is not and can't be the case. So what is your argument? As long as this election continues, James Faleke is the APC candidate and not any runner-up in the primaries. In fact, had it been both Faleke and Audu died while election is ongoing, that means total cancellation of election and a fresh process will be kick-started. So whichever way, Hon James Faleke is the Governor-in-waiting

3 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:02am On Nov 25, 2015
Phame:
with the belief in igala land right now that Audu was used to win the election and killed for falake to take over, I bet you, falake will not last on that seat. Expect his igala deputy to take over from him when dies too.
See, the law is no respecter of any groyp, whether Igala or non Igala. The rules can't be bent to accommodate them when it is fair to all. If they can't accept a non-Igala as Governor, then they should wait till 2019. Making the government ungovernable for Faleke or seeking to kill him only confirm why they have no business in Lokoja Government House.

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

We're all saying our different opinions on the matter. Let PDP go to court after the election and we wait for the court's decision.
The reason some people are up against James Faleke ascension is because he's a Yoruba and Christian minority and not because of the legitimacy of his ascension. If you look carefully, the law don't allow room for a non-member of a ticket to benefit from the election process except that person was the validly nominated member(like Amaechi). But in this case Audu was validly nominated, hence, it has shut out others whether runner-up of APC primary or follow-down. Faleke is the legitimate Deputy candidate to Audu. As long as the process continues, he will/should succeed Audu. Those against it should go to court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by PassingShot(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The reason some people are up against James Faleke ascension is because he's a Yoruba and Christian minority and not because of the legitimacy of his ascension. If you look carefully, the law don't allow room for a non-member of a ticket to benefit from the election process except that person was the validly nominated member(like Amaechi). But in this case Audu was validly nominated, hence, it has shut out others whether runner-up of APC primary or follow-down. Faleke is the legitimate Deputy candidate to Audu. As long as the process continues, he will/should succeed Audu. Those against it should go to court.
Though I support Faleke to be made the substantive candidate candidate but we need to look at things from the party's perspective too.
Using Faleke now may make APC become unpopular in Kogi which could also result in future loses for the party especially in 2019. APC will find it difficult to field another candidate then and Faleke might not be able to win a 2nd term.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by macof(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2015
This is just the plain truth of the matter
James Faleke should be left to continue the mandate, for all that is good for the state

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by macof(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Phame:
with the belief in igala land right now that Audu was used to win the election and killed for falake to take over, I bet you, falake will not last on that seat. Expect his igala deputy to take over from him when dies too.

So you actually plan to kill Faleke just because he is not of your ethnicity and religion? No wonder Kogi has been so underdeveloped
You run the state with sentiments not intelligence

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by toprealman: 8:27am On Nov 25, 2015
chocolateme:
Barcanista at it again.. Nice one. I hope to see you on one of these political seats one day, I will vote for u

FTC Chocolate cream
TALKING IS DIFFERENT FROM WRITING BRO.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Alphaoscar: 8:27am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Though I support Faleke to be made the substantive candidate candidate but we need to look at things from the party's perspective too.
Using Faleke now may make APC become unpopular in Kogi which could also result in future loses for the party especially in 2019. APC will find it difficult to field another candidate then and Faleke might not be able to win a 2nd term.

His performance and conduct as a governor will judge the popularity or otherwise of the party.

so far it is a continued process then I think he should be allowed to continue with the mandate . The so called primary to be conducted by APC may just be to ratify his candidature to prevent any future constitutional issue.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by macof(m): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

So you think if Faleke performs exceedingly well, he still won't win a 2nd term?
I believe he knows what he's up against and will prepare for the tough 4 years ahead

2 Likes

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Everything shouldn't be subjected to politics. Faleke's choice may appear unfavorable to Igala majority but we cannot bend the rule to satisfy our political equity. The party has power to change candidate BEFORE an election and not when election is ongoing or near conclusion. In fact, the EA was very clear when it mandates a total cancellation of election at the death of governorship candidate and his deputy when election is ongoing or completed. So you will agree that the party has no choice in this case as the law doesn't permit a non participant to be made the governorship candidate when election is ongoing. Igalas should accept James and work with him till 2019. We have to set good precedent for all so as not to emasculate ethnic minorities within a given environment.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by PassingShot(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2015
Alphaoscar:

His performance and conduct as a governor will judge the popularity or otherwise of the party.

so far it is a continued process then I think he should be allowed to continue with the mandate . The so called primary to be conducted by APC may just be to ratify his candidature to prevent any future constitutional issue.

But Barcanista earlier claimed such primary will be illegal. Though I hope he is given the chance to be the governor.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Bornjerry: 8:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Want to track your vehicle or you're installer and need avoidable tracker with a free platform, android app for the tracking of your vehicle contact me on bornjery@gmail.com or call 08062163539. Thank u
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by PassingShot(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Everything shouldn't be subjected to politics. Faleke's choice may appear unfavorable to Igala majority but we cannot bend the rule to satisfy our political equity. The party has power to change candidate BEFORE an election and not when election is ongoing or near conclusion. In fact, the EA was very clear when it mandates a total cancellation of election at the death of governorship candidate and his deputy when election is ongoing or completed. So you will agree that the party has no choice in this case as the law doesn't permit a non participant to be made the governorship candidate when election is ongoing. Igalas should accept James and work with him till 2019. We have to set good precedent for all so as not to emasculate ethnic minorities within a given environment.
I agree and support Faleke becoming the standard bearer in the remaining election. What I don't agree is your claim of illegality of another primaries to select a new candidate. What you're referring to doesn't come into play here. INEC has asked ApC to nominate Audu's replacement and AGF clearly said how APC does that is up to them. I want to believe AGF and APCs lawyers' judgement than your own interpretation on this.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

I agree and support Faleke becoming the standard bearer in the remaining election. What I don't agree is your claim of illegality of another primaries to select a new candidate. What you're referring to doesn't come into play here. INEC has asked ApC to nominate Audu's replacement and AGF clearly said how APC does that is up to them. I want to believe AGF and APCs lawyers' judgement than your own interpretation on this.
Let me remind you that neither INEC nor the AGF is an authority in this issue. Even if you don't agree with me, look at it from the legal angle. Anyway, let me tell you some of the flops of INEC and AGF in the past...

1. In 1998 INEC moved to conduct a new election for Adamawa. It took the court to declare such unconstitutional.

2. In 2007, INEC disqualified Atiku from the poll. It took the court to declare it illegal. INEC also failed to put Audu Abubakar for Kogi poll same year. The court cancelled the election and a re-run was held in 2008.

3. In 2011 INEC refused to hold Gov elections in Sokoto, Adamawa, Kogi and Bayelsa states. It took the SC to declare such illegal and ordered for a re-run.

4. Same INEC conducted election in Anambra state in 2007 when Obi had only spent less than 2 years in office. It took the court to declare it illegal and sacked Andy Ubah.

As for AGF...
1. AGF Bayo Ojo came out to say the impeachment of Joshua Dariye(Plateau), Rasheed Ladoja(Oyo), Peter Obi(Anambra) and Ayo Fayose(Ekiti) were legal. It took the courts to upturn them.

2. AGF Aandoaka. Michael pronounced that yar'adua can rule even when bed-ridden... We all know how he lost his SANship.

These are just few instances. So again, the AGF and INEC have history of committing legal blunders in the past. They aren't authorities. The EA and Constitution is.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2015
My argument is that any arrangement that throws up somebody other that Faleke is illegal(and has no legal backing).

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2015
georjay:
okay o but whaz the fuss about nominating an igala man to replace audu....since apc is leading by 40000 votes and the total registered voters in dekina lga is 49000...of which all the 49000 voters cannot come out to vote even if apc nominate an igbo man to step in for audu
so apc should just go with faleke or yahaya
Haha...go on with Faleke from d sophisticated tribe. Mbanu! tongue
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by PassingShot(m): 9:08am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Let me remind you that neither INEC nor the AGF is an authority in this issue. Even if you don't agree with me, look at it from the legal angle. Anyway, let me tell you some of the flops of INEC and AGF in the past...

1. In 1998 INEC moved to conduct a new election for Adamawa. It took the court to declare such unconstitutional.

2. In 2007, INEC disqualified Atiku from the poll. It took the court to declare it illegal. INEC also failed to put Audu Abubakar for Kogi poll same year. The court cancelled the election and a re-run was held in 2008.

3. In 2011 INEC refused to hold Gov elections in Sokoto, Adamawa, Kogi and Bayelsa states. It took the SC to declare such illegal and ordered for a re-run.

4. Same INEC conducted election in Anambra state in 2007 when Obi had only spent less than 2 years in office. It took the court to declare it illegal and sacked Andy Ubah.

As for AGF...
1. AGF Bayo Ojo came out to say the impeachment of Joshua Dariye(Plateau), Rasheed Ladoja(Oyo), Peter Obi(Anambra) and Ayo Fayose(Ekiti) were legal. It took the courts to upturn them.

2. AGF Aandoaka. Michael pronounced that yar'adua can rule even when bed-ridden... We all know how he lost his SANship.

These are just few instances. So again, the AGF and INEC have history of committing legal blunders in the past. They aren't authorities. The EA and Constitution is.
Good instances. Let's just hope Faleke will clinch it one way or the other. I support him too,
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

As for AGF...

These are just few instances. So again, the AGF and INEC have history of committing legal blunders in the past. They aren't authorities. The EA and Constitution is are.

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 25, 2015
macof:

So you actually plan to kill Faleke just because he is not of your ethnicity and religion? No wonder Kogi has been so underdeveloped
You run the state with sentiments not intelligence
Same way an Igbo man isn't allowed to become Nigerian president. Are u just waking up?
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Good instances. Let's just hope Faleke will clinch it one way or the other. I support him too,
Amen! Some people are against Faleke because of his non-Igala origin. If Faleke was an Igala man, will all these opposition arise? I believe that everybody should be treated fairly irrespective of his or her ethnic majority or minority status. Beside, no be them say Wada and Audu na like Hiv and Ebola? So why are they angry that a fresh man is set to takeover the job? grin

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by miqos02(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2015
baralatie:
the best the inec can do is to "suspend" the elections" and approach the court to quash the election and ask for reelection.

inec has no power to "suspend" elections
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by muredo(m): 9:32am On Nov 25, 2015
To be sincere,for the first time,I applauded your write-up Thumb up!!!!!
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by GoodGovernance: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the death of Audu Abubakar, the Governorship candidate of APC and the leading candidate in the yet-to-be concluded Kogi state Governorship election, tongues have been wagging and opinions have been divided on what should be the next line with respect to the said election. To some, the election should be outrightly cancelled because the Governorship candidate of APC is gone. To some others, the APC should be disqualified for having 'No Candidate', while some others opined that the APC should nominate a new governorship candidate to complete the process.

Firstly, the election can't be cancelled because INEC has NO power according to the Electoral Act (2010) and the 1999 Constitution to cancel any election when declared. It lies with the COURT. The only way election can be cancelled is when both the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates of a political party dies. In this case, the Deputy Governorship candidate of APC, James Faleke is still alive. Hence, INEC has no choice but to continue with the process.

Secondly, APC followed the legal process in the nomination of Audu Abubakar and Hon James Faleke as the Governorship and Deputy Governorship candidates respectively. The Electoral Act never prescribe disqualification of political party on account of death of its Governorship or Deputy Governorship candidate. Considering that the Electoral Act and Supreme Court judgement maintained that political parties not candidates stand for election, it simply means APC remains in the race and in pole position to form new Kogi state government when Idris Wada's tenure elapse despite the demise of Audu.

That established, the next is who should succeed Audu Abubakar as APC candidate? Let us recall that the Electoral Act and Constitution was silent on what should happen in the event that a Governor-elect denounce his mandate before his inauguration as at 1998. When Atiku Abubakar rescinded his mandate for the VP candidate of Segun Obasanjo of PDP, INEC felt there was need for a fresh PDP candidate for a new election. PDP and the Adamawa state Deputy-Gov-elect Boni Haruna as then was went to court. The SC ruled that PDP won the election with Atiku/Haruna as candidates, and in the eyes of the law, Atiku was 'dead'. Hence, Haruna should replace Atiku as PDP Governorship candidate and be sworn-in as Adamawa state Governor. After the judgement, the Electoral Act and Constitution were amended to reflect the SC interpretation. In this situation, considering the fact that the law allows for the Deputy to succeed his/her boss in the event of death of the Governor-elect (after election has been concluded) and the Governor (after inauguration), it is only normal and in accordance with the positions of the SC judgements and the law tthat Hon James Faleke, the APC Kogi state Deputy Governorship candidate be upgraded to the substantive Governorship-candidate of APC, while the party nominates a new running mate.

We also have to realise that the purpose of running mate is not to 'fill space' but to step-in in case of any eventuality of the main candidate. This is why the VP assumes the role of President in event of death, and not the runner-up in the Presidential election. It is also the reason the VP-elect assume the position of President-elect in event of death of the President-elect and not the runner-up of the election. This is same reason the APC Deputy Governorship-candidate of Kogi state (James Faleke) will/should assume the position of Governorship-candidate and not the runner-up in the APC Primary election. Hence, the APC should 'do the needful and nominate a new Deputy-Gov candidate.

However, should APC elect for a fresh primary, then that will amount to illegality as no section of the Electoral Act and the Constitution give room for primary when election is ongoing. I believe that the court will nullify it. It is my belief that the only legitimate thing is for Faleke to be made the candidate.

My position on this subject is precipitated on the need for being on the side of justice irrespective of who the beneficiary may be. Justice is justice, there is no basis for opposing justice because it doesn't favor our ethnic or political scheme. For those against Faleke on basis of his non-Igala heritage, I urge you to accept the new development for in the interest of the state.

Faleke is not qualified for the following reasons:

Section 141 of the electoral act States:

An election tribunal or court shall not under any circumstance declare any person a winner at an election in which such a person has not fully participated in all the stages of the said election.

Section 87 of the constitution (1) A political party seeking to nominate candidates for elections under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions.

Faleke cannot be nominated without going through primaries.

More so Faleke according to the constitution is a running mate and not a deputy governor.

Fresh primary is totally unconstitutional and out of the way.Any nominee from the pool of those that contested the earlier primaries, would have satisfied the provisions and intention of section 33 of the electoral act:

''A political party shall not be allowed to change or substitute its candidate whose name has been submitted pursuant to section 31 of this Act, except in the case of death or withdrawal by the candidate".

So the substitution could be either before,during or before the conclusion of an election!

1 Like

Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by 2sex(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

bros, shey BARCA don port back to APC ni? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Bloggz74(m): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2015
Bosss are you going by our constitution or ur assumption?

Lolss
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't conduct a fresh primaries or shoot up a non member of the party ticket as the party candidate in the middle of an election except when the whole exercise is cancelled-which however is not and can't be the case. So what is your argument? As long as this election continues, James Faleke is the APC candidate and not any runner-up in the primaries. In fact, had it been both Faleke and Audu died while election is ongoing, that means total cancellation of election and a fresh process will be kick-started. So whichever way, Hon James Faleke is the Governor-in-waiting
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by tng(f): 9:54am On Nov 25, 2015
realnews:
Good analysis. I agree with u fully. because faleke is of minority tribe and minority religion in kogi state, they dont want him to be governor.

U are so on point

Christianity is not a minority religion in Kogi State. I dare say its 50-50 between the major religions. As for faleke being made governor, the elections were declared inconclusive so he cant become governor for an election he hasn't won.Also, the APC need to consider the political dynamic in the state and act accordingly so as not to lose what they have worked for.
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by tng(f): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2015
GoodGovernance:

Faleke is not qualified for the following reasons:

Section 141 of the electoral act States:

An election tribunal or court shall not under any circumstance declare any person a winner at an election in which such a person has not fully participated in all the stages of the said election.

Section 87 of the constitution (1) A political party seeking to nominate candidates for elections under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions.

Faleke cannot be nominated without going through primaries.

More so Faleke according to the constitution is a running mate and not a deputy governor.

Fresh primary is totally unconstitutional and out of the way.Any nominee from the pool of those that contested the earlier primaries, would have satisfied the provisions and intention of section 33 of the electoral act:

''A political party shall not be allowed to change or substitute its candidate whose name has been submitted pursuant to section 31 of this Act, except in the case of death or withdrawal by the candidate".

So the substitution could be either before,during or before the conclusion of an election!

Exactly. I think the reason the APC is trying to do a new primary to give the sense of fairness but I hope this does not play into opposition hands
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by richard870(m): 10:27am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

@Op, its obvious you 're joblesss and demented. Thanks
Re: A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You just want faleke so that wada (pdp) can win. APC is smarter dn dt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Visits Eheneden Erediauwa, The Oba Of Benin (Photos) / Nazeef Babaji Set To Contest For Federal House Of Representatives (Photos) / Military: Fleeing Boko Haram On Rampage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.