Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially (15712 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife / I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
Hi all, am pretty new here on this section but am impressed that matters of the heart is being addressed here.

Its been four years of marriage and I have been the only one with a monthly income of just 30k supporting the family. Truly am tried but just hanging on.

Recently, i discovered that my husband can't perform well on bed, hardly eats and losing weight. Just this evening i asked if he was sick but he said no its his finances that is affecting him.

Please to all the married men and women in the house your advice will be highly appreciated.

I tried fivver, freelancer writing articles but its not easy to write and meet deadline with kids and so much responsibility of running the home. So I had to put it on hold.

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Cutehector(m): 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2015
Be prayerful, lest he commits suicide... People hav done worse things....
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Young03(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
madam...istly...the bed own I swear I can help u do it

secondly...open a kiosk for him, even if na bons and chewing gum he de sell there., its better

#whatyasay#

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
Cutehector:
Be prayerful, lest he commits suicide... People hav done worse things....
Thank you. That's why am still awake now want to have some time for prayers by 12.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Cutehector(m): 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
yebo36:

Thank you. That's why am still awake now want to have some time for prayers by 12.
i believe the lord who answered hannah's prayers will surely answer urs..

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
Young03:

secondly...open a kiosk for him, even if na bons and chewing gum he de sell there., its better

#whatyasay#
Am not here for joke. I called out to married men and women not boys. And I can't remember asking for help on bed, please don't insult me or make me regret this post

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Young03(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
yebo36:

Am not here for joke. I called out to married men and women not boys. And I can't remember asking for help on bed, please don't insult me or make me regret this post

lol madam am sorry ok

Bt advise no be curse oo

3 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
No problem Young03, my heart is heavy now and you won't understand how its feels. I tell you sex is the last thing on my mind now. Just need to pray and seek valuable advice.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
4years of ur husband joblessness and ur just coming out for advice, Is it until he commit suicide before u act.

Anyway, Ur husband needs deliverance prayer fast.

He needs to visit a real man of God and he needs to start praying and be frevelent in it. God will see u both through.

Keep d faith alive. God will answer ur prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
4years of ur husband joblessness and ur just coming out for advice, Is it until he commit suicide before u act.

Anyway, Ur husband needs deliverance prayer fast.

He needs to visit a real man of God and he needs to start praying and be frevelent in it. God will see u both through.

Keep d faith alive. God will answer ur prayers.

Thank you. But am not just calling out now. As a woman, i have given him money to start business, go for deliverance, even recently he just got back from babalola mountain in ekiti.

I just tot maybe we need to do more than prayers
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by MurphyG1(m): 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2015
Young03:

#whatyasay#

You are so immature! And I don't see why you have to open that mouth of yours to spew rubbish!!

@ OP.. What's his highest academic qualification? Have you both discussed on a business he might want to venture into?

15 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by godofwar666(m): 11:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
Talk to him, when I say talk to him I meant the midnight talk and pray and fast together... You a good woman/wife and mother

6 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
MurphyG1:

You are so immature! And I don't see why you have to open that mouth of yours to spew rubbish!!

@ OP.. What's his highest academic qualification? Have you both discussed on a business he might want to venture into?

He finished from you OAU. yes we talk a lot about that and even borrowed money from my parents to help him. But till now the biz has not picked up. Just wondering what else to do.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by jaymejate: 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
Young03:

#whatyasay#
Pls get sense, it's cheap!
This is a serious matter here

11 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by jaymejate: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2015
MurphyG1:

Yeah, true... Like what certificate does he have?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
jaymejate:

Yeah, true... Like what certificate does he have?
He read philosophy from OAU, and graduated with 2.2.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by MurphyG1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
yebo36:

He finished from you OAU. yes we talk a lot about that and even borrowed money from my parents to help him. But till now the biz has not picked up. Just wondering what else to do.

Ok.. so let us say B.Sc degree.
I believe he has been applying for jobs but none has clicked yet.
Did he try teaching? I think depending on his discipline, teaching job isn't that difficult to find. He can manage that till something better comes along.
Secondly, what business if I may ask, did you try? I'm asking this because not all businesses move fast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Tundeiab(m): 12:04am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:

Thank you. But am not just calling out now. As a woman, i have given him money to start business, go for deliverance, even recently he just got back from babalola mountain in ekiti.

I just tot maybe we need to do more than prayers
Madam, your husband is just lazy. He doesn't need deliverance. What he needs is a job no matter how little the pay is. He shouldn't just leave all the burden to you to bear.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by libertyfather(m): 12:06am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:

You don't need this, it's a moment between you and GOD keep it private, still you are on point vigil prayer is the solution ....it shall be well with your Family IJN
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Eketem: 12:12am On Nov 28, 2015
For one allow him to grow up
You seem to be doing all the work for him getting money for him to start business, sending him for prayers etc.
He needs to own up and stand on his own two feet. What kind of business is he doing and did he have any training or experience before jumping in?
Most times we just " start business" without laying foundations just because we see people suceeding in that business.

The Igbos do years of apprenticeship before opening their own business for a reason.

If his business isn't going well it means he needs to learn how to run it profitably let him humble himself and learn from someone else who has gone far in the relationship.

He read philosophy in reality his chances of employment are limited.

My advice is don't have more kids for now
Both of you draw up a five year plan
Let him help out more with the kids so you can meet your deadlines and make more money.

A family needs both hands on deck to succeed, he needs to get out of self pity and put his families survival first. This happens when people go into marriage hoping destiny or fate will better their fortunes instead of proper planning

14 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by libertyfather(m): 12:13am On Nov 28, 2015
Tundeiab:

Madam, your husband is just lazy. He doesn't need deliverance. What he needs is a job no matter how little the pay is. He shouldn't just leave all the burden to you to bear.

16 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Tundeiab(m): 12:37am On Nov 28, 2015
libertyfather:

Bros! I can't bear to watch my wife take over my financial role in the home for good 4 years. Haba na!
I don't mind doing the most degrading job just to augment what ever she is providing...
I can only accept it only if he is physically challenged, which I am sure is not.

22 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 1:40am On Nov 28, 2015
[quote author=Eketem post=40474324]For one allow him to grow up
You seem to be doing all the work for him getting money for him to start business, sending him for prayers etc.
He needs to own up and stand on his own two feet. What kind of business is he doing and did he have any training or experience before jumping in?
Most times we just " start business" without laying foundations just because we see people suceeding in that business.

The Igbos do years of apprenticeship before opening their own business for a reason.

If his business isn't going well it means he needs to learn how to run it profitably let him humble himself and learn from someone else who has gone far in the relationship.

He read philosophy in reality his chances of employment are limited.

My advice is don't have more kids for now
Both of you draw up a five year plan
Let him help out more with the kids so you can meet your deadlines and make more money.

A family needs both hands on deck to succeed, he needs to get out of self pity and put his families survival first. This happens when people go into marriage hoping destiny or fate will better their fortunes instead of proper planning[/quote
]
Believe there was a time i tot this way. I decided to be looking at him and stopped every support but i could not bear it when the two kids we have was affected. We had a terrible quarrel one time cos i told him he is not trying hard enough. Am just at a dead-end right now.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 1:49am On Nov 28, 2015
Thank you all for the advice, I will walk on them and still open to more. God bless you all.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by olumide81(m): 3:24am On Nov 28, 2015
I dont have any doubt about the potentialities of prayer however, issues like this are more psychological than we tend to see it. I av got some question for u madam
1. What does your husband does when he is free (leisure)
2. Does he take alcohol? If yes how often?
3.who are those he mingles with outside the family.
If these question are answered then we may have a pratical solution, i graduated 6 years ago and i have not for a minute earned wage or salary, but the first 3 years was something similar and almost got me depressed 'had to get money from my wife to barb'. But to the glory of God reverse seems to be the case today.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 28, 2015
@op God will grant you your heart desires.

Very few women will have the mind to stand by thier spouses in such hard times.

Even if your husband hasnt found a job atleast he has found a good thing which is you a good wife.

Now lets address the issue.

The factors affecting employment especially in Nigerias tight economy varies.

Factors like connection, location, discipline, skill set, employees personality, employees possesion of interpersonal skills, age and so on.

Of all these factors especially for a married man Location is one of the most important factors that will influence his employability.

Please where are you located ?

You must realise your husband may need to learn a new skillset as a degree in philosophy might limit his scope especially if he doesnt possess thick connections.

He may need to set aside 2 years to thoroughly learn either of these skills that will brighten his chances at getting employed.

Programming, learning a new language as embassies are always looking to employ language interpreters but this may be more suitable if he were based in lagos.

Let me rest here. Everything will be fine.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 5:48am On Nov 28, 2015
olumide81:
I dont have any doubt about the potentialities of prayer however, issues like this are more psychological than we tend to see it. I av got some question for u madam
If these question are answered then we may have a pratical solution, i graduated 6 years ago and i have not for a minute earned wage or salary, but the first 3 years was something similar and almost got me depressed 'had to get money from my wife to barb'. But to the glory of God reverse seems to be the case today.
olumide81:

Thank you for your time. No he does not take alcohol and mingle with his friends from ife. He said he likes selling books which he trained under a senior colleague from OAU. What they do basically is to supply books to govt organization.

The problem now is 3,4 mnth they won't pay, take for example this year only one organization paid and that was in February all other one said no money to pay and some even returned the books.

Please did you have to learn to barb?
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 5:56am On Nov 28, 2015
Guitarlife:
@op God will grant you your heart desires.

Very few women will have the mind to stand by thier spouses in such hard times.

Even if your husband hasnt found a job atleast he has found a good thing which is you a good wife.

Now lets address the issue.

The factors affecting employment especially in Nigerias tight economy varies.

Factors like connection, location, discipline, skill set, employees personality, employees possesion of interpersonal skills, age and so on.

Of all these factors especially for a married man Location is one of the most important factors that will influence his employability.

Please where are you located ?

You must realise your husband may need to learn a new skillset as a degree in philosophy might limit his scope especially if he doesnt possess thick connections.

He may need to set aside 2 years to thoroughly learn either of these skills that will brighten his chances at getting employed.

Programming, learning a new language as embassies are always looking to employ language interpreters but this may be more suitable if he were based in lagos.

Let me rest here. Everything will be fine.

Yes i agree with this part, i really think he should learn a skill i think that's were we need to concentrate.

We stay in Suleja Niger state about 30mins drive to Abuja. Do you think he needs to relocate to maybe Lagos? I suggested it once though and i told him i don't mind staying behind so he can find his part. What do you think sir?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 6:01am On Nov 28, 2015
I will talk to him about the skills especially the language part. Thanks.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 28, 2015
yebo36:

Yes i agree with this part, i really think he should learn a skill i think that's were we need to concentrate.

We stay in Suleja Niger state about 30mins drive to Abuja. Do you think he needs to relocate to maybe Lagos? I suggested it once though and i told him i don't mind staying behind so he can find his part. What do you think sir?
Good morn ma, I'd say it would be a wrong decision for him to travel to Lagos.

Never ever agree to such advice as you could loose your home if you are not careful.

The only thing keeping his sanity is probably the sight of you and the children and the love you have showered him.

Abuja is the place for him. Almost all foreign missions have a seat in abuja. Let him do a thorough investigation of which embassy is in dire need of an interpreter and let him learn their language.

I would say Abuja is it. Relax testimonies will abound.

6 Likes

Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by yebo36(f): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2015
Guitarlife:

Good morn ma, I'd say it would be a wrong decision for him to travel to Lagos.

Never ever agree to such advice as you could loose your home if you are not careful.

The only thing keeping his sanity is probably the sight of you and the children and the love you have showered him.

Abuja is the place for him. Almost all foreign missions have a seat in abuja. Let him do a thorough investigation of which embassy is in dire need of an interpreter and let him learn their language.

I would say Abuja is it. Relax testimonies will abound.

Morin sir. Thank you very much, this is very helpful. I will talk to him today. God bless you real good.
Re: ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially by MurphyG1(m): 7:31am On Nov 28, 2015
Madam can't your husband teach? I know many people who live in Suleja and work in Abuja.

Secondly, if he cannot teach he should sit up! Walk into the 1,001 private organisations ( hotels, laundry services, restaurants etc) and request to see the manager. Most times there are vacancies and until u try before you know this. Mind you, you do not need to know anybody before you do this!

He needs to improve his hussling spirit!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John T Bobick Death – SVU Law And Order Mourns / How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? / Marry Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.