Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? (23361 Views)

Prostration (Sujood) On Soil-What Is The Justification? / Media Contributes To The Bad Image Of Islam. Why? / Women Mode Of Dressing According To The Glorious Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by Caselessness: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

What's your definition of moderation?
as preached by the prophet of mercy(SAW).
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 29, 2016
Caselessness:
as preached by the prophet of mercy(SAW).

And following the predecessors(sahabas inclusive) of islam in their understanding is extremism? Isnt that what the prophet taught? Following the predecessors?
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by dragnet: 6:53am On Oct 10, 2017
uplawal:
Lol,well old things have passed, my strong views when I carried hadith and salaffy on my head, not anymore.
so what do you now carry on your head?
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by Newnas(m): 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
olatex25:

ok sir. pls i wil like 2 learn frm u sir, by givin me d surah and d verse dat state we can't bow for our parent or elder's. Cos wot i was tot is not placing any part dat we use to serve Allah for any human or creature. I.e our forehead, palm, nose, knee, and tips of our legs cos we use it while in Sajidah.. We going down for our parent or elder's can't be place as haram(forbiden).. Am nt a clearics bt a student dat ready to learn sir.. Enlight me more on dis sire with Quran verse and Hadith...

We also do ruku in Solah na. Abi is Ruku not worship?
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by AlBaqir(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Newnas:

We also do ruku in Solah na. Abi is Ruku not worship?

# Meeh. Is standing not part of Salat (worship)? Yet we stand in front of our elders, bosses and mates. If bowing FOR greeting (which your ignorant equal to worship) is Haram, why is Standing which is also part of Salat, not constituted as Haram?

# Mr olatex25, please continue with your ìdòbálè for your parents and elders o. It is not Haram in anyway. You can read our submissions here:

www.nairaland.com/3033313/worship-vs-greetings-bow-prostrate

1 Like

Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by Empiree: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
That's very logical @albaqir grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Meeh. Is standing not part of Salat (worship)? Yet we stand in front of our elders, bosses and mates. If bowing FOR greeting (which your ignorant equal to worship) is Haram, why is Standing which is also part of Salat, not constituted as Haram?

# Mr olatex25, please continue with your ìdòbálè for your parents and elders o. It is not Haram in anyway. You can read our submissions here:

www.nairaland.com/3033313/worship-vs-greetings-bow-prostrate
STANDING AS WE STAND IN SOLAT AS MODE OF GREETINGS OR RESPECT IS KUFRU.. That is why a sunnah follower, a muslim, an ahlu sunnah will never join "force" in 9ja. My frnd who is posted to a commander in nysc ish refused it and also seek for transfer. . ofcourse u would understand but wont accept. mr.kafir
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by AlBaqir(m): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
STANDING AS WE STAND IN SOLAT AS MODE OF GREETINGS OR RESPECT IS KUFRU.. That is why a sunnah follower, a muslim, an ahlu sunnah will never join "force" in 9ja. My frnd who is posted to a commander in nysc ish refused it and also seek for transfer. . ofcourse u would understand but wont accept. mr.kafir

# Chai! See another àgùntàn like his Ewúré brother, Newnas.

* Is the mode of standing in Salat the same as mode of standing in respect and greetings for elders and authority? Is both niyyat even the same?

* How's Ruku and Sujud in Salat the same thing in style, mode and especially intention the same thing as Squat, kneeling and idobale for parents and elders?

FACTS

# Qur'an declares the angels and the jinns bowed down for Adam FOR HIS KNOWLEDGE and status.

# Hadith reveals Umar kneel in front of Nabi and begged him.

# Hadith reveals Bibi Fatima (alayha Salam) used to stand up to greet and welcome her father, the Prophet of Allah; and her father too used to do the same for her respected daughter who he often call, "Ummu Abi'a - Her father's mother".

# Hadith reveals people used to kiss Prophet's hand and FEET as a mark of respect.

Were those (and many more of its genre) KUFR?

1 Like

Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2017
Albaqir .. sujud=bow,bend,kneeling,postration ..check arabic dictionary .. standing issue is only accepted am0ng father and his biologal kids(daughter and son with their father) . .that hadith is sahih.. . .CONCERNING ADAM,ANGEL,JIN . . Umar didnt kneel, he first salama as m0de of greetings and he sat on his heels as m0de of begging NOT greetings and that ls only d0ne f0r rasul. .wasnt d0ne for any of the sahabahs or salaf. . .PEOPLE USED TO KISS RASUL HANDS AND FEET, WAS IT DONE FOR SAHABAHS OR SAHABAHS DID IT FOR THEMSELVES. . . . .People reading this kafir albaqir posts, he did not believe in our quran or hadith, he hates aeesha and sahabahs. . he is an enemy of islam. he is a shite. he's kn0wn for bringing shubha proofs and doing taawil of proofs. . . .to save urself fr0m his kinds that are claiming to be ahlu sunnah. . . . .visit voiceofthesalaf.com and download lectures
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by olatex25(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
addresing ur fellow muslim as "mr kafir" is quite uncalled for.. (mali farqu bayna muslim wali kafir ila bi solat) alays... aside frm dat u dnt av any rite to adress anybody as "kafir".. did u knw wot 2moro wil bring 2 u or dat person, he\she can become a muslim in d next minute.. abi kini "alake ola" ole se.
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
olatex25:

addresing ur fellow muslim as "mr kafir" is quite uncalled for.. (mali farqu bayna muslim wali kafir ila bi solat) alays... aside frm dat u dnt av any rite to adress anybody as "kafir".. did u knw wot 2moro wil bring 2 u or dat person, he\she can become a muslim in d next minute.. abi kini "alake ola" ole se.
UNTIL HE REPENT, HE IS A KAFIR... ITS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW HIM. HE IS A SHITE AND DEFENDS SHITE... He hates sahabahs and do curse them, he believes aeesha did adultery, ali is their ALLAH and also prophet..so many babaric thing dey always say, do an act. . . u neva c them during ashura abi, u no kn0w them get saare inside their mosques, they pray and worship dead people . . #lojk(k
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by Empiree: 1:38am On Oct 15, 2017
olatex25:

His brain is suspended btw heaven and earth. He can't understand anything kiss

1 Like

Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by Jeetkool(m): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2020
Standardcosting:
It baffles me how people argue even with facts right in front of them
The Prophet clearly stated that prostration is prohibited in Islam.
Yet some individuals would still perpetrate their mischief by looking for a way to circumvent the sunnah.
Its a pity we live in a world where people take directions and orders from their heart and not their head!

Sir please quote your evidence in the Quran that Allah as said so.
Allah has mentioned all what is allay and haram in the Quran and prophet Muhammad explained it so talk with your evidence.
Re: Prostration As A Mode Of Greeting In Islam ! Why The Conflict ? by advocatejare(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2020
Lagosboy:
Salam bro jazakallah for your query.Muslims should not prostrate to anything aside from Allah. that is is the commandment of Allah and his rasul (AS). The prophet said in Bukhari i think that " if prostration were allowed to any other than Allah then he would have commanded the wives to prostrate to their husbands". The hadith clearly indicates that prostration is not part of islam and is not a mode of greeting.

It is the african or better still the yoruba culture that practise prostration. The hausas squat to greet an respected personality and that is better than prostration.

Olaalekan come and argue with your brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story / An Open Letter To All Muslims / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.