Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,011 members, 7,835,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? (69990 Views)

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? / Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
do you have a stadium in the village? this is nanka cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
Father Mbaka after repeatedly asking spacetour to post pictures of any Anamba city than can match Enugu...... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
Achina amaka

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
Spacetour have you seen a gated community in your rural state before? Come to the city grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
you don run out of picture? you go sh1t tonight.. cheesy cheesy

Agulu has overtaken nsukka cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
do you have this sort of thing in the village? cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
ordinary Oba..chai..wawa people sef cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
ordinary neni sef, wawa people sef cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
SpaceTour:
you don run out of picture? you go sh1t tonight.. cheesy cheesy

Agulu has overtaken nsukka cheesy cheesy
I don run out of picture when you keep posting the same pictures? Villager grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
do you have any of these in your village? cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
show us something like this cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
Enugu, obodo oyibo... Villagers can keep wailing

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2015
see where we dey. levels pass levels cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
even buhari is laughing at you cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
when wawa people get sick they ship them to my state LOL

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
Father mbaka after seeing spacetour repeat the same pictures over and over again, whereas I am yet to repeat any picture... I don really finish this villager today. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2015
public school in anambra, show me one cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
them dey call you freeclown abu freedaft, na today you go see my real color.

Show us this public school cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
centje:
My dear, I really don't know where you got that fact that Enugu and calabar lack modern architecture. I travel frequently to those cities and I can tell you with certainty that your assertion is wrong. First, Owerri is as old as Enugu and Calabar. Then, the only cities in your list that are coming up with modern architectures are Uyo and Owerri. Even Abakaliki is far ahead of Yenegoa in terms of what a city represent.
Yenegoa is too messed up my dear, and Bayelsans are not even willing to redesign and do aggressive development of yenegoa even as Bayelsa is at 4th position
on federal Allocation. For instance, how can Dickson invite GEJ to commission a mere fly over, ah! He went to build flyover at far less busy NNPC mega filling station Junction when Tombia Junction is a nightmare to both motorists and pedestrians. Yenegoa can be transformed like Uyo within 4 years, they have a very lovely, clean, white soil, all that is needed is seriousness on the part of the governor.

Tho' Awka has poor Road network, infrastructure, public facilities, poor planning, I think Obaino is serious about transforming Awka, he's still working quietly just like Sullivan Chime did, no noise. So we await the outcome of his work. I just wish he could clean up onitsha.
Uyo is a promising city, I love that city as much I love Owerri and Enugu. With right leaders, Uyo will be a city Nigerians could be proud of. Akpabio really worked in Akwa ibom, not just in Uyo, ikot Ekpene is a beautiful town, made possible by Akpabio. There's this beautiful skyscraper-like structure, an entertainment centre, he built in ikot Ekpene. Most indegenes of Akwa ibom are cool headed, quiet and naturally clean, You may not hear much about development there, but a lot is happening in Uyo. However, make no mistake of comparing Enugu or calabar with Uyo, they are still ahead of Uyo. And in general Uyo is yet to have good, sophisticated, beautiful architecture scattered around streets and avenues like it's obtainable in cities like Owerri, Enugu, Calabar.

Enugu remains my best city in the East, it has its many challenges, water issues, water table is quite low. Enugu red soil makes streets and avenues appear dirty even when they are neat, a lot was invested in the state's waste management board, ESWAMA, and they are very effective. On the bright side of Enugu, you can't help but appreciate its Road network, its beautiful layouts, its amazing skyline and topography and the rate it's expanding at the moment is beyond the state control in term of providing basic Amenities but not in terms of proper layout to Avoid congestion in future. I can bet, a lot of Enugu residents, not to talk of visitors like Afam4eva, don't have a clue the extent Enugu has expanded, not only in terms of physical structures but in terms of business, services and industries, mostly medium scale industries. However, I still have fears of Enugu turning into another PH, in terms of congestion, if the Enugu planning Authority relent. A lot of roads in Enugu needs expansion.
Nevertheless, the current governor is following former Governor's style of maintaining the state facilities. If the current state Government can shun corruption and work with at least the same tenacity Sullivan chime's Administration did, I think Enugu will amaze Nigerians.

As for Owerri, my second loved city in southeast Nigeria , and my third in eastern nigeria, after Enugu and calabar. I see Owerri as Las Vegas of the East. No south East state can beat Owerri in sophistication of hotel architecture. Its Lovely gray soil leaves the owerri roads neat and beautiful. However, the state government needs to work more on road, both in making it motorable and in improving the road network, hold up can be terrible. Arguably, Owerri has the most beautiful girls among these cities, those fair beautiful demons grin sex tourism in quite high in Owerri, night life is good too. Since Imo state isn't high on the current chart of HIV prevalence in Nigeria Means those pretty things are really very smart like Afam4eva noted.

Asaba is messed up, big time. I say big time because I know how much enters Delta state as Federal Allocation, I think Delta should be on 2nd or 3rd position in federal Allocation. Poor Road network, very poor drainage, once it rains the roads are flooded, even tho' it's underground drainage in most Roads. To a great extent, Onitsha is a blessing to Asaba, even tho' Onitsha still short change Asaba in many ways tongue Asaba is a unwinding spot for most Onitsha business men. May be the present Governor, Ifeanyi, who is from Asaba side may channel development to Asaba and revamp the town, Otherwise most development in Delta is, unfairly, left in Warri.

Calabar is a beautiful city, everyone knows that. I still hold Donald Duke to high esteem for his style of Governance, similar to that of Sullivan Chime. He forms a major part of what Calabar is today, especially on carving out a niche in tourism. But it worries me, and should worry their state Government because as it stands, oil has been taken away from Cross River by Cameroon through Nigeria and by Akwa ibom, so the State Allocation is heavily down. And they also suffer serious deplorable state of Federal roads just like south East states. Unless, good governor takes the wheel of governance in Cross River, Calabar may not grow at the same rate.

Aba isn't a state capital, so it hasn't received the attention other state capitals get. However, I must commend Aba people for their incredible fabrications, now they export their products, and locally, we now send our measurements from Enugu to Tailors in Aba, and in few days our fine designed cloths are sent back. Those Guys in Aba may not be as refined, educationally, as guys in Owerri, like Afam4eva noted but you must appreciate their industrious power. They just need government support, both from federal and state, but mostly from state. Governor Ikpeazu, is making some effort is in Aba, however, he should reduce his media presence and noise, and concentrate on action and work. I read he brought some Europeans to Aba, he is also constructing Roads in Aba but I seriously think it's not enough yet, Otherwise, Afam4eva would have noticed the works in Aba.

Unbiased writeup
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
SpaceTour:
when wawa people get sick they ship them to my state LOL
Ship them to your village? No, people from your rural state are rather shipped to UNTH from peter obis poorly functional hospital

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
dont they have public school? cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
SpaceTour:
them dey call you freeclown abu freedaft, na today you go see my real color.

Show us this public school cheesy
You don jam trailer today. I will cure your madness today.. watch.. You have not started crying
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
show us inside villager cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

FreeGlobe:

Ship them to your village? No, people from your rural state are rather shipped to UNTH from peter obis poorly functional hospital

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
stop talking and start showing us something like this. Ntooooor LOL

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
show us inside LOL

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
Anambra okasi akasi

show us public school cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
i am waiting for you to catch up cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by FreeGlobe(f): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
There is no airport in rural anambra so spacetour and kids still come outside to view aeroplanes flying.. 21st century villagers grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
another warehouse? cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 11:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
your google net didnt catch school picture but that warehouse. you must show me a public school cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes / Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.