Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas (62107 Views)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / #BBNaija: Tobi Replies 'Yoruba Demons Association' With Hilarious Letter / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by babafirst(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2015
redsun:
It is almost about the same price it sells in England, exorbitant You don't have to buy it,buy from a kiosk and take it to the movie if you must eat popcorn.
If popcorn in the UK sells for almost that amount then you must realize the minimum wage per hour in the UK is about 5-6 pounds per hour depending on the age grade.That means about 40 pounds( 12000naira)per 8 hr working day.Multiply 12000 naira by 20 days(assuming they don't work day in day out as per Naija) and you have 240,000 naira per month,deduct 50% tax (exaggerated self) and you have 120000 naira.Is Ben Bruce paying minimum wage of 120K per monthI know some people will say he uses generator etc but does Silverbird pay the kind of tax paid in the UK.The man should just shut up and not use the payment of minimum wage as an excuse for his greed.And in working out my numbers I have considered the socio economic factors in both countries and even with the analytical consentions I gave Silverbird his excuse holds no water,it's just exploitation.

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by burujnews: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 7:10am On Dec 01, 2015
tranxo:
Before these two, he was first a business man, and will always remain one. That is his primary constituency. Think before you type.

So? He shld reply back @ every word? DAMN!!! Pls bro u wen think b4 u type who ben don help? angry
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by eleko1: 7:10am On Dec 01, 2015
Useless talk.do u think everybody that waka go his cinema are hungry pipu/poverty stricken lots? Selling guguru @ dat exorbitant price to ur customers is a wickedness.
Edusouls:
i mean there are so many animals in the zoo, wey poverty don transform them into walking fustration..this man employs people,he pays people to earn a living..this is the type of individuals every country prays for,productive people that helps the economy grow...una problem na 800naira pop corn? Waiting carry u from ur poverty blessed area to,an affluent class to show off?or rub shoulder with the rich? Na u go wound nahh...
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by eleko1: 7:12am On Dec 01, 2015
God bless u.
babafirst:
If popcorn in the UK sells for almost that amount then you must realize the minimum wage per hour in the UK is about 5-6 pounds per hour depending on the age grade.That means about 40 pounds( 12000naira)per 8 hr working day.Multiply 12000 naira by 20 days(assuming they don't work day in day out as per Naija) and you have 240,000 naira per month,deduct 50% tax (exaggerated self) and you have 120000 naira.Is Ben Bruce paying minimum wage of 120K per monthI know some people will say he uses generator etc but does Silverbird pay the kind of tax paid in the UK.The man should just shut up and not use the payment of minimum wage as an excuse for his greed.And in working out my numbers I have considered the socio economic factors in both countries and even with the analytical consentions I gave Silverbird his excuse holds no water.

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 7:13am On Dec 01, 2015
Alonzo4g:

So? He shld reply back @ every word? DAMN!!! Pls bro u wen think b4 u type who ben don help? angry
who Ben don help? An employer of labour? Keep typing without thinking. Who have you helped put food on the table, yet no one tells you how to talk. Get a life and stop hating and bitching. You no dey Ben class.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Acidosis(m): 7:14am On Dec 01, 2015
That young man is a big ediot.

Why don't we criticise all the big restaurants for selling common rice at N800+ when mama put sells for N150?

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by ipreach: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
Ben is really trying his quota
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by JakesJ(m): 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
DeKen:
hmm. How does that make him a hypocrite?
MY GOOD THINKING BROS. Pls Do Ask Them For Me OoohhhhH! !! !!!
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Acidosis(m): 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
The 'have nots' should learn to live within their means.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=Edusouls post=40566587]shut up poor rif raff do you know who are talking to? This is an employer of labour,he is too important to the economy and well being of nigeria..he pays people to earn a living.you animals in the zoo lacks what is called respect...[/quote

I won't insult back, kos right about now every one now knows you and Ben lacks the manner and not me? Show me a prove dat ben had helped any member of your family?
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by famousroland(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmm Anyway happy new month all
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by dejavski(m): 7:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Benjoh:
He did not even think well before he replied, you pays more than minimum wage means you're taking from the "have not" giving to the "haves". Abeg you are not trying.
Go and tell your staff to do smth on the price, shi kena.

Did he force anyone to patronise his cinema? angry if the guy is not pleased with the price he should stay in his house. Shikena
Nigerians and their mentalities sha. Person no force you @ gunpoint to buy him market una dey complain
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by yjgm(m): 7:17am On Dec 01, 2015
PappyMason:

Well tell your dogs to stop distracting him on how much he sells popcorn in his private cinema.

There is no popcorn subsidy, shey you know?

Am glad you did mention it as his private business. The moment he equated that 'private business' of his with the happenings in the public and minimum wage, he's made it public.

The moment he became a senator thereby bringing himself to limelight, it is public.

The moment that business of his employs a thousand people, it is public.

The moment that 'private business' of his is for public consumption and he makes profit from there that he pays his staffs with, it is public.

So, that guy that criticized him for selling popcorn @800 is a stakeholder and deserve some respect.

Reason: a customer is always king.

No to oppression of customers, Nigerians.

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 7:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Edusouls:
shut up poor rif raff do you know who are talking to? This is an employer of labour,he is too important to the economy and well being of nigeria..he pays people to earn a living.you animals in the zoo lacks what is called respect...

I won't insult back, kos right about now every one now knows you and Ben lacks the manner and not me? Show me a prove dat ben had helped any member of your family?
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 7:18am On Dec 01, 2015
babafirst:
If popcorn in the UK sells for almost that amount then you must realize the minimum wage per hour in the UK is about 5-6 pounds per hour depending on the age grade.That means about 40 pounds( 12000naira)per 8 hr working day.Multiply 12000 naira by 20 days(assuming they don't work day in day out as per Naija) and you have 240,000 naira per month,deduct 50% tax (exaggerated self) and you have 120000 naira.Is Ben Bruce paying minimum wage of 120K per monthI know some people will say he uses generator etc but does Silverbird pay the kind of tax paid in the UK.The man should just shut up and not use the payment of minimum wage as an excuse for his greed.And in working out my numbers I have considered the socio economic factors in both countries and even with the analytical consentions I gave Silverbird his excuse holds no water,it's just exploitation.
You must be a genius to stay in your room and analyze another man's business without seeing his financial records. Kindly apply to Arthur Anderson and Pricewaters for a position. Smh

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Bitterleafsoup: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Alhajipaulo:
"You cant take outside food inside the cinema" you must be Ajerbo.. Food or pop or pork or corn!! I must carry from outside, any way is a way in Naeto C voice
Alhaji you chop pig
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by rhames(m): 7:19am On Dec 01, 2015
He just wants to make common sense.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by tranxo(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
yjgm:

Am glad you did mention it as his private business. The moment he equated that 'private business' of his with the happenings in the public and minimum wage, he's made it public.

The moment he became a senator thereby bringing himself to limelight, it is public.

The moment that 'private business' of his is for public consumption and he makes profit from there that he pays his staffs with, it is public.

So, that guy that criticized him for selling popcorn @800 is a stakeholder and deserve some respect.

Poverty is a disease.

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by dejavski(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
eleko1:
Useless talk.do u think everybody that waka go his cinema are hungry pipu/poverty stricken lots? Selling guguru @ dat exorbitant price to ur customers is a wickedness.

Is he the only one that sells popcorn @ that price Genesis delux filmhouse all sell at that price. So what's the fuss angry
Mind you they did not force anyone to patronise them
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 7:20am On Dec 01, 2015
tranxo:
who Ben don help? An employer of labour? Keep typing without thinking. Who have you helped put food on the table, yet no one tells you how to talk. Get a life and stop hating and bitching. You no dey Ben class.

Just imagine? I never hated Him i Only say it shouldn't be anything he hears or see he replies back @ & dats wat am currently going to do right about now to you....NO MORE QUOTE 4rm me again get dat into empty dull brain
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by gretblue: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
The production cost of each pop corn will determine the real hypocrites.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by cornoil(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2015
Left NTA dead? The man that made sure NTA stations were built in all states in Nigeria? D same man that consolidated Tony IREDIA's idea after Tony left NTA. U talk as if governance is easy, d same way dis present government talks of flushing bokoharam out within 2 months of d tenure. Don't talk anyhow again my brother. Start within ur house first. Silverbed started b4 he came into governance, all his investments are in Nigeria bro, he revolutionise our entertainment and bring cinemas back. Am sure ppl like u wuld ve gone to silverbird galleria at one time or d oda b4. Get life and be creative so that u can attain his status or surpass ben bruce.

aresa:

The same man Nigerians paid for 8 years as the DG of NTA and left NTA dead and rotten than even before his appointment all while his own silverbird grew with new cinemas and malls...

You mind listing his achievements at the NTA and what Nigerians benefited for 8 years of taxpayers money?

The twitter constituency clown remains remains part of the incompetent, corrupt and opportunists that mismanaged and rendered our institutions worthless while their own private enterprise shines and progresses..

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2015
teemy:

There is something called political suicide which could happen if reply is delayed

Political sucide? grin grin How are you feeling dis mrng?
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by rhames(m): 7:23am On Dec 01, 2015
yjgm:

Especially from the Asians and Middle Easterners.

Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Alonzo4g(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2015
KelvinC1:

I will never ever forget the day I bought that popcorn for N700 at abj silverbird cinema.. No price tag, I just dey hurry hurry chop dey tin to collect another one b4 d gal tell me d price.. Chai If I have got a Licence to a gun enh.. Hmmm

grin cheesy grin cheesy funny dude
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by marlockj: 7:24am On Dec 01, 2015
HRich:
Maybe you don't understand it. He wasn't begging for a buyer.

That's what am saying
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by yommen: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2015
PappyMason:

So he should let you apc rabid dogs rip him apart?
He talks toooo much!!!. He should perform in his duty to Bayelsans more!!!
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by eleko1: 7:25am On Dec 01, 2015
Go back and read Tonyebarcanista post.I doubt if Dem don born u wen David Mark make that stupid talk.
AfroKnight:

Wow. You have just shown the world the extent of your comprehension "skills".
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 01, 2015
Hey human do you know that a site exists that you can meet hot babes and guys that are searching for you and that really want to hookup with you [no bots] , now plus delivery of hot nice chatrooms forums both adult and non adult chatrooms, live poker to earn coins and you can start changing the coins you get into real cash and get paid within the next 3 to 4 working days both via bank account and recharge cards[all networks] and a lot of more catchy stuffs available with http://chatcreek.ml/ register now and get a free open doors to all above mentioned thanks a lot for your time.
Re: Ben Bruce Replies Fan Criticizing Him For Selling Popcorn @800 At His Cinemas by cornoil(m): 7:26am On Dec 01, 2015
Not everyone is myopic like u and not everyone is at d level of collecting one cup of rice like u. U ve ideas and yet u r here commenting abt ben Bruce. This guy started b4 he got into governance. He single handedly revolutionise the entertainment circle in Nigeria, he brought back d cinemas. U can criticise him no doubt but not to insult. Pray to reach his level in life, ode.

Karlovich:
Typical, that's all your brain could come up with, continue waiting for the answer. That's the kind of thinking that make u people completely foolish such that bags of rice can decide votes in nigeria, you better change the way you think for your own good cos I'm 100 percent certain u don't work at silverbird.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DStv Raises Charges Again. / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51