Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics (92472 Views)

MASSOB Leader, Uwazurike, Storms Onitsha With Supporters. Photos / 'Freedom Or Death':Turkish Man Decorates His Office With Biafran Flag(pics) / Plane Carrying Osinbajo Couldn't Land In Akure After Hovering For Many Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Sheggy13(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2015
Speechless3:

I've come to love a country ive not seen

I feel like a foreigner trapped in a country that does not love me and my ethnic/cultural identity.

Shine O'Biafra ! Let us see the rays of hope !

But the country all this while under Goodluck Jonathan loved you, and the love has suddenly faded away since he lost reelection,isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by bugzbunny: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2015
bamite:
It is my biz becos nigeria is my country and i cannot be travelling to lagos through onitsha and 1 imbecillic biafrian will block the road in the name of protest.
I will personaly shoot the fool myself

Since u force ur diseased self on others
Since u decide to cross ur boundries
Since u hv no shame
I will personally take over ur wife..ur family...ur village
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by pazienza(m): 7:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Saturn213:

Papa

I dont see anything wrong with flying the flag of the nation

How exactly is Nigeria a nation? Do you actually know the meaning of a nation? undecided

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by bugzbunny: 7:35am On Dec 02, 2015
Sheggy13:

But the country all this while under Goodluck Jonathan loved you, and the love has suddenly faded away since he lost reelection,isn't it?
Nigerians dnt like biafrans
They hv threatened us with lagoon
It has nothing to do with election
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by sparkwil(m): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2015
Konjour:

Regarding the slaughtering you mentioned, do you have proof that shows that in peacetime and most especially in 'recent times' the attacks by Boko Haram plus any other attacks in general within this same time frame in the North have been targeted only at 'Easterners'?
Furthermore, how do you compare the break-up of a common economic, sociopolitical and historical region which is just a union of independent countries such as the UK to the break-up of a sovereign nation as Nigeria? Do you understand why, even though a referendum was given, the streets of Glasgow and other Scottish cities I believe were filled with more beaming, happy faces when the results of the referendum were announced? Do you understand the negative impact people feared that right-wing politics would have on their country (not region) if Trident was abolished, if a new currency was adopted, if Scotland was to be kicked out of the EU for an indefinite time window, if a visa is required to cross from Penrith into Loch Lomond, if the NHS was reformed drastically, and if the dependence on the oil from the North Sea got to an all-time high?

Away from my questions for a minute...In my own view, a case that would mirror that of Biafra would be Geordies/Cockneys/Scousers asking for a break-up of England because of what looks to be insufficient representation in Westminster whilst already claiming territories which are supposed to be theirs by planting flags in the publicsphere, or Glaswegians openly agitating for a break away from people further north in Inverness, Edinburgh or Aberdeen, or in more realistic terms, the struggle of the IRA in liberating Ireland (not just Northern Ireland) from the grip of the UK which is already quite similar to the Nigerian civil war in some ways.

You should feel free to answer my questions but I'm just trying to let you see the futility in comparing Scotland's referendum to any call for Biafra in Nigeria, and why even some of the most developed countries in the World will adopt guerilla, machiavellian methods in the bid to keep the country together, functioning as a unit regardless of whose oxen are gored.

P.S: Dreams of an utopian state being borne out magically from a decrepit, corrupt, dysfunctional mother state is generally always nothing but blind hope and faith in the grass being greener on the other side. So far that's proven to be correct by history. And as we say in the Navy, when you find yourself in distress at sea, don't be in unnecessary haste to launch your lifeboats because the best lifeboat there is, and your best chance of survival against the raging waters of the primeval seas is always the ship itself. Shalom.
Once again, I deeply appreciate your insight on the issue at hand but your right up doesn't seem to address the complexity of the Nigerian state. I don't know if u live in Nigeria but let me say this ; Nigeria is a deeply polarized state that is less culturally integrated as an entity when compared to the UK. An illiterate Ibo man cannot communicate with his counterpart from the Hausa north of Nigeria. In Nigeria, tribal interests far supersedes national interests. Northern leaders have this conception that ruling (not leading) Nigeria is their right and that southern Nigeria is conquered region that should do their bidding.
Talking about sovereignty I can boldly tell you that the UK although made up independent States is more sovereign than Nigeria. The better together campaign was able to convince a little over 50% of Scots to vote for a united UK. If that happens in Nigeria be it known to you that over 95% of southeastern Nigerians will vote to leave Nigeria.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by pazienza(m): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Obj know how to handle this kind of issue die I miss him so much.

The same coward Yoruba man that ran with his tails between his legs and hurriedly gave away Bakassi without firing a single shot because of the fear he had for the French backed Camerounian Army, especially with Britain refusing to supply Nigeria with military support?

Bunch of jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2015
pazienza:

The same coward Yoruba man that ran with his tails between his legs and hurriedly gave away Bakassi without firing a single shot because of the fear he had for the French backed Camerounian Army, especially with Britain refusing to supply Nigeria with military support?

Bunch of jokers.
All these junks you wrote makes Igbos a loser all the time,clear your eye bro.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Laid2001:
Where is Biafra? Those 5 tiny states, with land mass less than Borno or Adamawa?
Naa, forget it, that can't be a nation; too tiny to survive a second onslaught.!

Switzerland has a tiny land mass and so do Qatar
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 02, 2015
vale20:
Those afraid of division are lazy, so Nigeria is a lazy country

The parasite cringes whenever the host wasn't to break free. It's just natural.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Konjour(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2015
sparkwil:

Once again, I deeply appreciate your insight on the issue at hand but your right up doesn't seem to address the complexity of the Nigerian state. I don't know if u live in Nigeria but let me say this ; Nigeria is a deeply polarized state that is less culturally integrated as an entity when compared to the UK. An illiterate Ibo man cannot communicate with his counterpart from the Hausa north of Nigeria. In Nigeria, tribal interests far supersedes national interests. Northern leaders have this conception that ruling (not leading) Nigeria is their right and that southern Nigeria is conquered region that should do their bidding.
Talking about sovereignty I can boldly tell you that the UK although made up independent States is more sovereign than Nigeria. The better together campaign was able to convince a little over 50% of Scots to vote for a united UK. If that happens in Nigeria be it known to you that over 95% of southeastern Nigerians will vote to leave Nigeria.

Nigeria is of course, a complex state. So is India, which in my experience is even far more complex and still as tight knit as ever (I once lived in one of India's largest states, Tamil Nadu which alone will come close to matching Nigeria pound for pound in population and diversity).
I'm also aware of the differences between the tribes, even if I'd say the North-South polarity you speak of is largely political. I spent my first 18-19 years in Nigeria uninterruptedly, part of which was spent in the North-Central where everybody illiterate or not did business freely, 'communicated' freely, where bonds were struck, partnerships grew, and where life being good to you wasn't determined by your tribe.
Personally, I'd love to see an Easterner become the Nigerian President, but I've gotta say the East doesn't seem to have a united front at the minute. Before you can be taken seriously politically by the whole nation, you have to take yourselves as a people seriously by playing your political cards right, not by clamouring for secession the moment things go awry.
I also choose to flatly disagree with your assumption that 95% of South-easterners will vote to leave Nigeria if given the chance. Have you conducted a random poll involving those people whose businesses, friends, families, inter-tribal marriages, real estate, customers, and whose livelihoods are far flung all over the country? Have you conducted a poll which shows that ALL the minority groups in the states Biafra is claiming will choose to go along with the plan or will you chase them out and relocate them forcefully if they refuse because they're not willing to cast all their eggs into your basket? I will need clear, hard facts as answers to those, and not emotional insinuations.

P.S: If Scotland gets another referendum today, I'd be miffed if more than 70% do not support staying in the UK as a result of them garnering more seats in the Lords and commons owing to the efforts of the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon in obliterating the perpetual grip of the Labour party and their pre-Corbyn reforms on Scottish interests.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2015
But seriously, is the South east ready for this?

(For your Change of Name Advert in Guardian Newspaper, call 08035034841. N6,000)
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by gbishman: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2015
I love this
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by holuphisayor(m): 9:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Pls, learn from sudan... You cant win this without a war. Take note
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Curvinus(m): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2015
Lionsclaw:
Silly Nigerian government. Helicopter ko flying boat ni.
A wise govt will initiate a referandum in order to create peaceful coexistence of previously independent tribes.

Mumu-ness is when you think a people who were on their own but amalgamated by britian for their own selfish interest have no right to call for independence

Please give this man 72 virgins here and now.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by kingzizzy: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
bamite:
You people are just a bunch of jobless miscreants, instead of holding your leaders accountable for your under development, you are trekking all over the place shouting biafra, which even though impossible you people get it, you will still look for a reason to fight and kill each other

I don't think you realise that "Nigeria" is the direct reason why leaders are bad. These so called leaders can do anything they like because they can get away with it in Nigeria. But in Biafra, this won't be possible because it's one to mess up in Enugu and run to Abuja, it's another to mess up in Enugu and have nowhere to run.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by themanderon: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lvlink:
Why are the mods editing and removing Biafra comments in the main thread the op created? Including the title?

cos they have been told to do so.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by Emmanueledu(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
People should keep laughing and making this issue a politics one,till it gets out of hand!just like boko haram did....
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by themanderon: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
I believe the government should sit Down and dialogue with these agitators cos violence is never an answer. something similar happened in Scotland and the prime minister had to make some concessions to Scotland to encourage people to vote against independence. but in Africa we believe everything must be by force but that's not the way. this was how nigerdelta militants started theirs and the government thought they could crush them until the militants almost grounded the economy before the same government now started amnesty. boko haram is also a Hydra headed beast that the country has not been able to defeat because they failed to see the signs. Remember the Americans said Nigeria will break up and we must do everything in our power to prevent that from happening and this would start by telling the truth to ourselves and addressing our problems.
instead of always thinking that might is right.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by belente(m): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Biafra or death
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by cirmuell(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:
Very funny government!! What do they hope to achieve with this?
I think they are passing a message across, "we own you".
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by cabaliciouscabal: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

So flying the Nigerian flags over helicopters would make the protesters to fall in love with Nigeria and discard their biafra agitations?

It will Bring senses to dia heads dat Nigeria is still one, and in case dey av forgotten d color of Nigerian flag.
Re: Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics by VNOS(m): 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
basbone:
Chai......govt don die for fear to the extent of flying flag with helicopters.......they no even use fighter jets to display their strength as the giant of africa.....

Na waoooh!!

In your inherent wisdom, have you also bothered to consider the speed at which a fighter jet actually travels? And if that will facilitate the achievement of the set objective, which I may remind you is to hover above & around the place with the Nigerian flag which a helicopter can do, and not to jet/speed through with a fighter jet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Meet Prince Nicholas Makolomi Whose Viral Video Sparked Protests / Kano Governorship Election Rerun: Results From Wards (Live Updates) / Rihanna Reacts To Lekki Shootings, voices support for ENDSARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.