Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" (131094 Views)

"I Will Fight Obiano’s Re-Election With My Blood" — Peter Obi / Katsina Emir: "I Will Give My Blood To Protect Igbos" / Osinbajo, Obasanjo At Biafra 50 Years After Event In Abuja (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by ohuegbeair(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
different surnames .how r they sisters?

2 Likes

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
her blood would be on buhari...

1 Like

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by ticker(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
jaybee:

A fair hearing: on the streets?

If they want fair hearing they should ask how to get a fair hearing; Let them go to court.

They should be allowed to voice it out: by holding peaceful cities to ransom, vandalizing properties, and denying others their fundamental human rights of freedom of movement and commerce?

remember book haram started this way: are you saying the boko haram model is now a model to be replicated by any dick and harry?

Listen to yourself and think for a while.

I don't believe that violence can resolve any problem but the way the government is handling the issue is not in the right direction. two wrongs can not make a right
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by mrfoxx(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
I weep deeply Why
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by ALISMILE(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
fastestfinger:
there is no law anywhere that prevents people from protesting against perceived injustice. It's their fundamental human right. If all slaves during the slave era had this kind of your mentality, no one would have been freed. If everyone, out of fear, fails to speak up and fight for what is right, evil will take over the world. Never be afraid to fight for what is yours and what is right, and to speak against injustice.
Na d result of ur fight be this so! U want soldiers to fold their hands and watch u fightt them? Mumu
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by Okanokan(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
MORNDEW:

please what should he discuss with them? And who are these leaders that he will discuss with? I realy want to be schooled on this issue.

When the Niger-Delta agitation was on, the then President reached out to critical leaders to fashion out solutions to the crisis, some persons talked to included Amb (Dr) Patrick Dele Cole, EK Clark and host of others though negotiations drag on for a long period of time but ice was broken through the help of General Aliyu Mohammed Gusau, then a private citizen, The British High Commisioner through the prodding of Dr Felix Tuodolo and the link to Gen Gusau whom for security i will not mention his name; for he is a very private person that was how AMNESTY was achieved. To ur question, Obasanjo went to Bornu to broker peace eventhough nothing came out of it, it was a move, In the North we have the Ango Abdullahi, Paul Unongos etc, add that with the Coles who are expert negotiators and speaks igbo fluently, these are elder statesmen who can wade in and create workable solution to the crisis. I don't need to go further.

1 Like

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by wristbangle: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
nike4love:

Before U comment on something do some research abt that,stop advertising what U don't knw in the public.the radio started since 2009,Jonathan was simply smart enough to ignore what they where saying,the insult,the name calling and other of their peaceful activities.now that the dictator has come into power,his first step was to start arresting and ordering the shooting of unarmed people,using the dss to break the law.

During the era of jonathan regime, radio biafra wasn't known to instigate confusion unlike the current administration spewing thrash and segregation among igbos simply because a northerner is in power.

I just can't figure the essence of their senseless agitation meanwhile the clueless one (GEJ) did nothing in igboland hence one of the reason why their infra structural development is in deplorable state till date.

My own is that the president should free Nnamdi Kanu and if biafra is all they want, they should give it to them.

But the IPOB or MASSOB perhaps igbos really need to ask their selves these questions;

1. What will happen to their properties in other parts of the country?

2. Will their small land occupy their indigenes from every part of the country?

3. Can't they reason that their employed indigenes will become unemployed immediately?

4. So on and So forth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by EBUBS(m): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
This is not the first case in the world's history where agitation for due independent and sovereignty has led to loud of lives (may get soul rest in peace) .The people of Biafra has suffered enough in this colonial creation called Nigeria. The laws protect the rights of indigenous people to self-determination. it's so clearly agreed even by the United Nations.
the people of Biafra only seek justice. haven't we suffered enough marginalization, discrimination and
hatred resulting in the destruction of our
ancestral way of life.
the only way out is dividing this nation into various regions and avoid risk and dangers that accompany a civil war.
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by MzPecs(f): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
angry angry
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by ALISMILE(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
juxtabayano:
Sorry. When will we realise that hate never brings anything positive. Whats all this rubbishWhen will Black man have senseGod help us.
the right question. Shud be, when will d ibos ve sense? Look at their brother prospering in Lagos! Their brothers re in house of rep in Lag! Commissioners and counsellors in lag! Somtin that can never happen in ibo land!
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by EBUBS(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
This is not the first case in the world's history where agitation for due independent and sovereignty has led to loud of lives (may her soul rest in peace) .The people of Biafra has suffered enough in this colonial creation called Nigeria. The laws protect the rights of indigenous people to self-determination. it's so clearly agreed even by the United Nations. the people of biafra only seek justice. haven't we suffered enough marginalization, discrimination and
ancestral way of life.
the only way out is dividing this nation into various regions and avoid risk and dangers that accompany a civil war.
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by celebgists(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
sorry for your loss though if you by any chance know her. But her name and yours doesnt rhyme for her to be your blood sister please fear the dead o incase you are lying about this just to make front page. RIP to the poor girl.
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by hafees: 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:
why is Buhari killing our people. This is provocative. Enough is Enough!!!! RIP... Take heart vivian

HOW? DON'T YOU HAVE A BRAIN?

your people de kill your people

RIP to the dead. May God give the family fortitude to bear this loss
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by ALISMILE(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
EBUBS:
This is not the first case in the world's history where agitation for due independent and sovereignty has led to loud of lives (may get soul rest in peace) .The people of Biafra has suffered enough in this colonial creation called Nigeria. The laws protect the rights of indigenous people to self-determination. it's so clearly agreed even by the United Nations.
the people of Biafra only seek justice. haven't we suffered enough marginalization, discrimination and
ancestral way of life.
Exactly wat the pple of South Sudan thought! When that freedom was given to them now South Sudan Is no more!
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by scholes0(m): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Idrismusty97:
They will surely be retaliation in the North, This time they started it first. The Igbos who read the news of how Hausa shops and mosque are burnt down are currently in panic. They is no where to run to not even the South east, The only option is out of the country for those who can afford it.

Of course, they will all come to the South-West and parts of the South-South....
Again .... The same people they curse out on Facebook and NL for being 'evil mongrels'

1 Like

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by francisbiz: 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
REFLECTION:
Viviangist, your sister was horribly killed VERY FEW HOURS ago, and you are already blogging. Shock of such death could make loving HUMANS to forget they ever had a phone. So when did u cry and mourn? Who knows what else u have done after

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by mavinc4u(f): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
olapluto:
Her blood will haunt Nnamdi Kanu every day of his miserable life. You cannot continue to preach violence out of hatred for a certain people. Nnamdi Kanu's freedom is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. He is not innocent of the charges against him anyway.
My sincere condolences Vivan Gist.

please was the lady killed by Nnamdi Kanu? i don't understand?

op, please who killed her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by miqos02(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
haba
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by kelabok(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnwizey:
wetin u wan use am do
Vivian gist....... Its à pity and accept my condolence. This remains one of the reasons I. P. O. B must be supported. Nnamdi Kalu is just a realist. It's quit unfortunate how people are unwilling to accept an obvious truth. Nigeria is a fraud me must fight to disentangle our selves from.
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by wristbangle: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

So it's about Buhari, not about a genuine desire for self-determination. It confirms what I have been thinking.

Before I proceed, I want you to know that I am an Igbo man, a proud one. I have never spend a year without visiting Igboland and my village since I became an adult. You need to know that, as folks like you have a mob mentality and therefore cannot approach any public debate with the readiness to accept that someone can still be genuinely Igbo genuinely Igbo without joining in the sheer unthinkingness of your narrow thoughts on Biafra, which is really a disguise for the deep frustrations that Buhari - a man that many of you hate without justification - managed to win despite your narrow judgement on him.

Without fear of contradiction, I must tell you that you guys have the wrong end of the stick. For 5 odd years, Jonathan ran the most corrupt and most incompetent administration in the history of this country. You guys spent the 5 years deceiving yourselves that Jonathan is Igbo, that he is our son, that he is Azikiwe, that he must be given a 2nd term or nobody will know peace. Throughout that period, none of you demanded to be given Biafra by Jonathan. You guys did not even have the sincerity to demand for a return of the Igbo properties which were wrongfully taken by Niger Deltans in the name of "abandoned properties". After the civil war, the Yorubas and the Northerners returned all real estate properties to their rightful Igbo owners. It was only the Niger Deltans who have seized and converted those properties to date, despite the fact that they are our next door neighbours and despite the fact that the owners of those properties were clearly identifiable. Yet, whilst the presidency of a Niger Deltan who was massively supported by our people lasted, none of you demanded for justice on that. None of you could do better than supporting his mindless incompetence and audacious corruption in office.

And as soon as he left office, you all suddenly remembered Biafra because you think that would be a way of frustrating Buhari's presidency. You guys are making a massive mistake that could cost you very dearly. I hope Buhari will be wise enough to ignore you all and see that the silly folks using Biafra idea as a camouflage for their political hypocrisy are nothing more than exactly that - pretenders. Ojukwu's son was praising Buhari the other day. So whose Biafra are you fighting for? You think that your hatred for Buhari can be equated as genuine quest for self-determination.

Excellent piece! Always on point.

2 Likes

Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by badinfluence: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
OreMI22:
[size=14pt]Buhari will turn a peaceful protests into an armed resistance very soon.

Let him keep ordering soldiers to shoot the unarmed protesters because they are southerners.

Meanwhile, Shiite muslims demonstrated last week and not even one policeman was sent to stop them. But if it is christians protesting, armoured columns of the military will be deployed to shoot them.[/size]
If you're a true Christian you wouldn't be in support of this mess
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by francisbiz: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
ticker:
I don't believe that violence can resolve any problem but the way the government is handling the issue is not in the right direction. two wrongs can not make a right
Re: My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
MrEverest:
How can you people be asking such question? is it shear stupidity or just mischeif? Is it not obvious that useless soldiers shot her dead?? The global community must wade in, how can Nigerian soldiers killing innocent people?? This is the 21st century, UN, USA, etc must sanction Nigeria. RIP Pretty Lady, your killers shall never know peace.

Why are you now gisting me all these stories now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Buhari’s Death: Africa Leaders Observe A Minute Silence At AU Summit / Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.