Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo (7072 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slams Arewa Youths For Ordering Igbos Out Of North / This Is How The Federal Government Can Stop Nnamdi Kanu Before It's Too Late / Massive Crowd As Biafran Protest In Owerri, Abagworo Come And Defend OKOROAWUSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Abagworo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Many crisis that have ravaged parts of the world were triggered by either propaganda, outright falsehood and/or deliberate manipulative incitement. This is usually achieved using the perceived weakness of the baits or sacrificial lambs without minding the collateral damage.

I as an Igbo man that lived most of my life among Igbos and various ethno-religious groups of the lower Niger know our weaknesses and I am very much afraid that the plans of using Igbos as a suicidal bait is becoming reality. The Igbo man I know is a peaceful and focused independent man who values success in whatever is his endeavour. We have never been appointment beggars nor jobless protesters.

What is happening today is that a political party which lost its grip in national politics is trying to use Ndigbo as a bait for Nigerian destruction but Igbos should understand that these people mean no well for us. They know very well that we stand to lose everything if crisis breaks down in Nigeria. Imagine one cluster bomb at Onitsha market or destruction of all the sweat of Awada landlords because a party lost power.

Ndigbo should henceforth declare their stance against those trying to destroy us. Elders and youths of Igboland should protect our markets and businesses from these miscreants known as IPOB. Traders in our 2 major cities of Onitsha and Aba have not been able to make sales for the past month thereby increasing hardship in our land.

The Biafran war was a war of survival and nation building which ended at least 10 years before most Nigerians living today were born. We Igbos have long acceoted Nigeria as our country and contributed a lot to its integration through immigration, marriage, business and investments.

To be continued.....

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by SeverusSnape(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo:
[s]Many crisis that have ravaged parts of the world were triggered by either propaganda, outright falsehood and/or deliberate manipulative incitement. This is usually achieved using the perceived weakness of the baits or sacrificial lambs without minding the collateral damage.

I as an Igbo man that lived most of my life among Igbos and various ethno-religious groups of the lower Niger know our weaknesses and I am very much afraid that the plans of using Igbos as a suicidal bait is becoming reality. The Igbo man I know is a peaceful and focused independent man who values success in whatever is his endeavour. We have never been appointment beggars nor jobless protesters.

What is happening today is that a political party which lost its grip in national politics is trying to use Ndigbo as a bait for Nigerian destruction but Igbos should understand that these people mean no well for us. They know very well that we stand to lose everything if crisis breaks down in Nigeria. Imagine one cluster bomb at Onitsha market or destruction of all the sweat of Awada landlords because a party lost power.

Ndigbo should henceforth declare their stance against those trying to destroy us. Elders and youths of Igboland should protect our markets and businesses from these miscreants known as IPOB. Traders in our 2 major cities of Onitsha and Aba have not been able to make sales for the past month thereby increasing hardship in our land.

The Biafran war was a war of survival and nation building which ended at least 10 years before most Nigerians living today were born. We Igbos have long acceoted Nigeria as our country and contributed a lot to its integration through immigration, marriage, business and investments.

To be continued.....[/s]

Rochas paid sycophant.
What are you saying?

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by luvinhubby(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
op the stupidity behind this your thread is linking IPOB protest to a political party and the politicizing of this protests by the government in Abuja is the reason that led to the poorly thought out arrest of Mr. Kanu which triggered the response.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by ruggedboy01: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by IGBOPRINCE: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
e go still clear for una eyes...
Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo should have just said "I am a Buhari supporter" instead of writing an epistle. If what you wrote had come from someone else, I would have considered. But when a partisan person accuses someone else of being partisan, i usually ignore.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by themilanway(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
Like I keep telling those brain washed dundee,not all sane and right thinking igbos want a disillusioned biafra.

Not all sane and right thinking igbos have been brain washed by kanu's hate speech,propangandas and lies.

I think sooner than later those sitting on the fences will speak out.

Igbos be wise!!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by luvinhubby(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
Abagworo should have just said "I am a Buhari supporter" instead of writing an epistle. If what you wrote had come from someone else, I would have considered. But when a partisan person accuses someone else of being partisan, i usually ignore.
Don't mind that hungry politician.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Deltagiant: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo, the agitation for Biafra preceded Buhari's adminstration.

Radio Biafra preceded Buhari's adminstration.

IPOB's protests and agitation for Biafra have largely been peaceful

No one is using Ndigbo, the people have rather woken up to the realities facing them in Nigeria. And there's no better way of showing their gievances than the course of action they've chosen. So, please let them be. While they want to pursue their livelihood, their dignity is equally important to them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Abagworo(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
luvinhubby:
op the stupidity behind this your thread is linking IPOB protest to a political party and the politicizing of this protests by the government in Abuja is the reason that led to the poorly thought out arrest of Mr. Kanu which triggered the response.

If 50 thousand Igbos are killed across the North tonight what will IPOB do? Please my brother those who lost have lost and we gained nothing from them. For me and my family we are in safe haven and can easily leave if war starts but I'm only worried about the helpless innocent ones who are not part of the IPOB politics.

12 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Very well said, except that the part where you said a political party is using IPOB against the govt.

Look, nobody is using anybody against the govt. Your elders and leaders did wrong to have not voiced out and cautioned the youths against the agitation for Biafra, that's the result of all these.

Nnami Kanu's kid (or kids) are probably cooling off in the U.K while some supposes biafrans just lost their lives in a worthless struggle. Common sense is not common.

9 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Sweetguy25: 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
The Biafran protests are necessary. They remind us that Nigeria was built on a wrong foundation and it has to be addressed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Abagworo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Deltagiant:
Abagworo, the agitation for Biafra preceded Buhari's adminstration.

Radio Biafra preceded Buhari's adminstration.

IPOB's protests and agitation for Biafra have largely been peaceful

No one is using Ndigbo, the people have rather woken up to the realities facing them in Nigeria. And there's no better way of showing their gievances than the course of action they've chosen. So, please let them be. While they want to pursue their livelihood, their dignity is equally important to them.

I have spewed out my advice for the wise ones to heed. I will only be a spectator as millions of people are killed for nothing they know about and contribute from the internet .

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Dude, stop attaching biafran struggle with politics. This struggle started during GEJ's time but he tactically handled it.

When the yorubas started their campaign of hate against igbos. What did you folks say?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Abagworo(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sweetguy25:
The Biafran protests are necessary. They remind us that Nigeria was built on a wrong foundation and it has to be addressed.

Nnamdi Kanu needs to prove his lies on radio and justify his call for armament at the Igbo summit in America. He is obviously partisan as his everyday broadcast condemns APC. He is affiliated to a party or should I prove it now?

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by luvinhubby(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo:

If 50 thousand Igbos are killed across the North tonight what will IPOB do? Please my brother those who lost have lost and we gained nothing from them. For me and my family we are in safe haven and can easily leave if war starts but I'm only worried about the helpless innocent ones who are not part of the IPOB politics.
There you go again, what has PDP loss got to do with Buhari's poor sense of judgement?
Did Kanu start IPOB in Buhari's tenure?

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Abagworo(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
SkyBound:
OP, you must be very stupiid for your subtle threath to Igboland! So they will use cluster bombs on main market? And Awada? But wont use it on Boko Haram? Yeye de smell! Rathet than use diplomacy and call the IPOB leaders to the table, you think you can theathen? Where has that led Nigeria to in the fight against Boko Haram?

Though for now I am neutral to this Biafran issue and an Igbo man for that matter, let them try and throw one bomb in Igboland. You will see how sympathethic I will become to the Biafran cause.

Mark my words, I will wear a vest! You can infer whatever you want to infer from my last comment!

If you are intelligent you will realise that Boko Haram is a terrorist group without ethnic or regional support but IPOB is presenting itself as an Igbo secessionist movement thereby making it a war between Igbos and the rest of Nigeria. Why burn mosques if its peaceful mivement? Do you think that if Kanuris declared war on Nigeria it would last this long?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by asadike(f): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
you people should stop dis rubbish protest biko. it is no longer peaceful and i will not b a party to it. are u truly prepared for war? who will lead d battle? what amunitions do u have on ground? ndi igbo should thread with caution or our brothers up north will suffer d consequences. o'nwere onye anapulu ebe osi eri, obi adi ya nma?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo:

If you are intelligent you will realise that Boko Haram is a terrorist group without ethnic or regional support but IPOB is presenting itself as an Igbo secessionist movement thereby making it a war between Igbos and the rest of Nigeria. Why burn mosques if its peaceful mivement? Do you think that if Kanuris declared war on Nigeria it would last this long?
Isn't bokoharam parading itself as an Islamic movement. Maybe the government should start killing Muslims because of that. You should be ashamed of yourself for bringing politics ib to this matter. It's because of Igbos like yourself that we are where we are in the first place.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Op linking Biafra protest to politics is height of madness...
Go check yourself out...
You might not be Igbo as you think.

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by ishiamu(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Rochas paid sycophant.
What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by PedroJP(m): 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
If u want to make it political, pls did PDP speak the 5percent 97percent issue for Buhari ? Or u expected them to accept the marginalization promised them because they have buhari as their god ? Nonsense, buhari saw himself as god over Nigeria, as one with absolute power for him to have made such statement. God will show him he is only an adult almajiri begger

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

Isn't bokoharam parading itself as an Islamic movement. Maybe the government should start killing Muslims because of that. You should be ashamed of yourself for bringing politics ib to this matter. It's because of Igbos like yourself that we are where we are in the first place.

Maiduguri and Northeast people are not in support of Boko Haram and are even fighting it alongside our army as civilian JTF. IPOB is presented as a unanimous decision of Ndigbo hence we cannot compare. For example here in Rivers State the natives say "make these Igbo people carry there matter go their land" . Already it is seen by Rivers people as an Igbo affair instead of seeing IPOB as miscreants or terrorists with base in Igboland.

During militancy here in South-South the militants were not part of the people hence the war was difficult for the military who needed to protect the majority innocent populace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Udopasa: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
IPOB are a bunch of miscreants being exploited by some greedy politicians in the South East. They claim to be fighting for the Igbo but in Reality, they are fighting against Ndi Igbo in a bid to use our collective pains and anguish as a bargaining tool in Abuja to further enrich their selves. If not, the cars burnt at Eze iweka belongs to who? The shops looted in Relief and Head bridge markets belongs to who? The searching and extortion of passers by at upper Iweka were against who? The forceful closure of markets were against who? The destruction of Osha Owerri road(the only motorable south east federal road) with the burning of tyres was against who? And so many atrocities commited today was against who. Ndi Igbo are never foolish but for heavens sake, who brought forth those imbeciles that paraded the streets today? Why is Obiano maintaining a criminal silence in this matter but wil be very active in collecting 5,000 naira "ego Obiano" from every shop owner? You see, who ever that supports the madness that pervaded Osha and Aba today is an enemy of our collective destiny and should not only be seen but treated as such. IPOB na Biafra gbakwa oku!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by lionness(f): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
liberty300:
Dude, stop attaching biafran struggle with politics. This struggle started during GEJ's time but he tactically handled it.

When the yorubas started their campaign of hate against igbos. What did you folks say?

Whats with you people and blatant lies? Why would the Yorubas ever campaign against the Yeeebos? And for what?
Please, take your sadness and anger against the Yorubas to your early grave.

@OP: Nnamdi Kanu just like Ojukwu is another noise maker who wants to start a war with mouth grin grin grin grin I wish IPOBians success. Lets see if bragging can stop bullets. And the repercussion of an all out war in the SE wont disturb the Yorubas. No matter how much you people keep cursing us. Like I said earlier, go to the UN...you can solve this problems diplomatically.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo: Before Its Too Late By Abagworo by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Abagworo:

Maiduguri and Northeast people are not in support of Boko Haram and are even fighting it alongside our army as civilian JTF. IPOB is presented as a unanimous decision of Ndigbo hence we cannot compare. For example here in Rivers State the natives say "make these Igbo people carry there matter go their land" . Already it is seen by Rivers people as an Igbo affair instead of seeing IPOB as miscreants or terrorists with base in Igboland.

During militancy here in South-South the militants were not part of the people hence the war was difficult for the military who needed to protect the majority innocent populace.
They see IPOB as an Igbo thing. Remind me how Nigerians see bokoharam again?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Ijaws And Their Pipe Dreams; Darkness In Reality / How Aliyu And Lamido Deceived Me- Gov. Amaechi: / PDP Set To Elect New Executive Committee Members In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.