Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu (38430 Views)

Before They Mislead President Buhari: Dele Momodu / The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu Pendulum By Dele Momodu- This Day / The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by EternalTruths: 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
PassingShot:

Funny guys!

Firstly, it was the zoo dare not touch Kanu or else we burn it down.

When he was picked, it became "that's the strategy. The zoo has fallen for the trap". It's about six weeks now, we are still waiting for the worse from you guys.

Now, you want the government to use "Dele Momodu's Option" which is to release him and discuss with him. NO WAY!

Bring your worst on!

Good night! grin grin grin

You still do not get it

Nnamdi Kanu has the upper hand because your mumu hero just made his work easier unlike the smart GEJ who ignored him. cool
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Sweetrolly(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
naijapips02:

it is what it is bro. Nnamdi should not get away from all that he's done.

I've heard that conman threaten Buhari's Family and kids....I've heard him command his followers to kill a man....one radio station owner in owerri.

Honestly bro, Nnamdi should be made to pay for his crimes. Doing otherwise would make Nigeria appear weak.

You can't blackmail a nation Like Nigeria into submission. He must go through all the proceedings as entrenched in the laws of our legal system.

That is what makes us a Sovereign state.

LET ME ASK U SOMETHING??
DO U HAVE EXISTING LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY??

IF SO WHY HAVEN'T THOSE THAT LOOTED OUR FUNDS BEEN JAILED

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A LEGAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA BECAUSE YOUR SO CALLED LAWS ARE JUST LIKE STATUE WHICH YOU CAN SEE BUT IT'S NOT WORKING BECAUSE EVEN THOSE THAT ARE MAKING THE LAWS IN NIGERIA DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND IT AND NEVER OBEY THIS SAME LAW YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by prettyboi1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
sinistermind:

And in your opinion, the continual incarceration of Nnamdi will die down the protest?
sinistermind:

And in your opinion, the continual incarceration of Nnamdi will die down the protest?
Firstly, the incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu will serve as deterrent to other people like him and the people following them. DSS is an institution whose work it is to foil internal attacks against the state of Nigeria and provide intelligence to the other arms of security to guard the interest of the nation & that's why they have Nnamdi Kanu. So far, Nnamdi Kanu has behaved like a criminal and a terrorist and that's why the DSS has him in their custody. Nobody nominated him as their leader,so he doesn't speak for anybody but himself and his so-called followers and so he is considered an enemy of the state. You don't go around asking people for 'guns and bullets' to fight a nation and then turn back around to cry foul when the people whose duty it is to protect the nation against such threats pick you up.
There are better ways to talk about things,and if Nnamdi Kanu was really interested in talking, he would have gone about it in the right way, but No! He has been going about spreading hate messages online, on radio and propaganda messages asking for arms. Then again,like I mentioned earlier,he doesn't represent anybody but himself and his followers because nobody nominated him to talk on behalf of all Igbo people. No serious government would tolerate that, because it is the duty of government to protect the nation and the same people Nnamdi wants to lead to their death. It is the duty of the government to protect all Nigerians including brothers in the southeast. This is how boko haram started,but the last government sat idle until rag-tag rebels occupied Nigerian territory and for years now have been killing innocent Nigerians. So far,Nnamdi Kanu is no different from Shekau except that he has not gotten as 'big' as Shekau. These things start small and then innocent people (including the people who ignorantly support them) get killed and that's what we must avoid. What I would recommend though,is that Nnamdi Kanu be treated by rule of law and a law be made to officially disband such treacherous groups and punish them by law if found wanting.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by OlamideGirl(f): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
Saturn213:

You guys keep making a comparison to Scotland but what you fail to realize is that the Scottish Independence movement is made up of intellectuals, academics and politicians. They provided evidence of how their country will be constituted if they got independence, from oil treaties with Norway, decommissioning of nuclear facilities. They had several bases covered before asking for independence. The Scottish people saw evidence of how their country will function if they leave the union.

It is not like Ipod run by an illiterate that goes on radio calling for the massacre of Nigerians and calling Leaders names and asking for his supporters to murder a well know Nigerian Pastor. He was even caught on video asking for money to buy arms. This is an unprofessional illiterate with no common sense.

The Scottish spent years trying to convince their people, they then formed a party - the SNP. After decades of campaigning, they got majority of political seats in the Scottish Parliament. Even after that, it took them years to convince the UK government to agree to a referendum. The whole process took over 50 years. It is a separation and not a tea party.

When Igbos are serious, they will vote for a party that wants Biafra independence, they will make them senators, HORs and governors. After that they can negotiate with the Nigerian state for a referendum.

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks.
I love you
I wish dre zz a way I cud love DSE post
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by realborn(m): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2015
Image123:

Ignoring him is not a better way. Treating him with kidgloves is not a better way. Nnamdi has caused enough trouble already. He's in court, his case is, and should remain there. It's unfortunate already the way he's preying on jobless and 'gainlessly' employed igbo youths.

I do not think he should be ignored. I have only clamoured for his fundamental human rights to be enforced.

He was arrested 14/10/2015
Granted Bail 19/10/2015
Met conditions of bail 20/10/2015
Refused bail by DSS 20/10/2015
Taken to court on 23/11/2015
DSS applies to discontinue lesser case of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to unlawful society; and charge him with a higher charge of funding terrorism after stumbling on evidences.
Magistrate absent from court on 01/12/2015. The media alleged his father died. What an excuse.
Next court sitting may be 14/12/2015

I have chronicled the events as I understand them. I do not see seriousness in the handling of this case by the judiciary members involved. The FG should have called the heads to order. His case has become an issue of national importance with an attendant risk of escalation. It took Yusuf's death in custody for Bh, a small group to emerge and grow into a monster.

He should be given a prompt trial. If guilty he should dance to the slow blues. If innocent, he should be allowed to ho back to his wife and family!
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by TruthisGOD: 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
prettyboi1:

Firstly, the incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu will serve as deterrent to other people like him and the people following them. DSS is an institution whose work it is to foil internal attacks against the state of Nigeria and provide intelligence to the other arms of security to guard the interest of the nation & that's why they have Nnamdi Kanu. So far, Nnamdi Kanu has behaved like a criminal and a terrorist and that's why the DSS has him in their custody. Nobody nominated him as their leader,so he doesn't speak for anybody but himself and his so-called followers and so he is considered an enemy of the state. You don't go around asking people for 'guns and bullets' to fight a nation and then turn back around to cry foul when the people whose duty it is to protect the nation against such threats pick you up.
There are better ways to talk about things,and if Nnamdi Kanu was really interested in talking, he would have gone about it in the right way, but No! He has been going about spreading hate messages online, on radio and propaganda messages asking for arms. Then again,like I mentioned earlier,he doesn't represent anybody but himself and his followers because nobody nominated him to talk on behalf of all Igbo people. No serious government would tolerate that, because it is the duty of government to protect the nation and the same people Nnamdi wants to lead to their death. It is the duty of the government to protect all Nigerians including brothers in the southeast. This is how boko haram started,but the last government sat idle until rag-tag rebels occupied Nigerian territory and for years now have been killing innocent Nigerians. So far,Nnamdi Kanu is no different from Shekau except that he has not gotten as 'big' as Shekau. These things start small and then innocent people (including the people who ignorantly support them) get killed and that's what we must avoid. What I would recommend though,is that Nnamdi Kanu be treated by rule of law and a law be made to officially disband such treacherous groups and punish them by law if found wanting.
God Bless Nigeria.
U're jst very funny. People deyooo
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Image123(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
realborn:

I do not think he should be ignored. I have only clamoured for his fundamental human rights to be enforced.

He was arrested 14/10/2015
Granted Bail 19/10/2015
Met conditions of bail 20/10/2015
Refused bail by DSS 20/10/2015
Taken to court on 23/11/2015
DSS applies to discontinue lesser case of criminal conspiracy, intimidation and belonging to unlawful society; and charge him with a higher charge of funding terrorism after stumbling on evidences.
Magistrate absent from court on 01/12/2015. The media alleged his father died. What an excuse.
Next court sitting may be 14/12/2015

I have chronicled the events as I understand them. I do not see seriousness in the handling of this case by the judiciary members involved. The FG should have called the heads to order. His case has become an issue of national importance with an attendant risk of escalation. It took Yusuf's death in custody for Bh, a small group to emerge and grow into a monster.

He should be given a prompt trial. If guilty he should dance to the slow blues. If innocent, he should be allowed to ho back to his wife and family!

He's guilty, although the courts will have to decide that at some point.
He cannot and should not be allowed to escape or be bailed. just like dasuki, bail is not for this kind of person. Will you advice Shekau is bailed if caught? No one can guarantee he will not escape or be hard to get. The leader of ISIS was in America or so and allowed human rights to preach his stuff in prison. They let him go, today he is preaching to those who shouldn't bhear him. He would have been better off dead or in life imprisonment. So it can work or fail both ways.
Boko haram didn't spread because of Yusuf's death, they only hung to that frail excuse. Boko Haram spread due to negligence on the part of the government, no monitoring or leash, and of cause years of decay in the north, infrastructure anf education wise.
Many people have such unserious trials in Nigeria, Nnamdi's is not a first. He should bear with the zoo's conditions. Actually, i think the government is buying time not certain what exactly to do with him.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by geez18(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
mr momodu,as much as i appreciate your candour and objectivity on this subject it is very petinent that we also look at how this government has shown a total disregard for the rule of law by firstly incarcirating a man who has,as far as the law is concerned,gone about his pursuits lawfully. then,in total disregard of human life,they(government) ordered the shooting nay killing of unarmed civillians who where protesting the unlawful arrest and detention of their protagonist.it is very important we understand that this present government has handled this issue with wanton recklessness;committing unpardonable faux pas from the word "go" and all along.like you rightly pointed out,war is not the answer,but we all know peace does not come cheap.the present government must show through her actions that it is toeing the path of peace.first, RELEASE MR KALU. then the world we know that peace is in th reckoning.failure to do this may very well plunge us into the abyss.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by stuff46(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
Mrblaze06:
but catalonians are not calling for war...are they??

Who are calling for war? Read from Dele's mindset that he doesn't even know of the said Nnamdi Kalu if not for his arrest. Same with some other folks out there, this whole ish is been treated as if its some kind of terrorism (tho, even the terrorism that plunged the North is yet to be ousted).

If necessary, let the FG organise voting to determine who wants to stay. Let no one compel some people to the havoc that will wreck a nation. It is better to have them knowing that some of them don't want to go than give them more evidence that they just have to go.

Freedom of speech is allowed in democracy.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by realborn(m): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
Image123:

He's guilty, although the courts will have to decide that at some point.
He cannot and should not be allowed to escape or be bailed. just like dasuki, bail is not for this kind of person. Will you advice Shekau is bailed if caught? No one can guarantee he will not escape or be hard to get. The leader of ISIS was in America or so and allowed human rights to preach his stuff in prison. They let him go, today he is preaching to those who shouldn't bhear him. He would have been better off dead or in life imprisonment. So it can work or fail both ways.
Boko haram didn't spread because of Yusuf's death, they only hung to that frail excuse. Boko Haram spread due to negligence on the part of the government, no monitoring or leash, and of cause years of decay in the north, infrastructure anf education wise.
Many people have such unserious trials in Nigeria, Nnamdi's is not a first. He should bear with the zoo's conditions. Actually, i think the government is buying time not certain what exactly to do with him.

I think pronouncing him guilty before the decision of the court is wrong.

If the law permits any citizen on trial for certain offences to be granted bail, so should it be.

This is what we have to bear with in deference to democracy.

Some of us made efforts in our little capacities to see the last government removed for bad management. We will also not be pleased to have an autocratic replacement!

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
princejayboss:

Oga I don't know if most of you guy think with your ass... Been part of the state of Nigeria is and should be solely a choice by the people of the region.... How can you force people to be with you ... It's one Nigeria or die.... What are the rest afraid of?

I will never solicit to Nnamdi kalu style .... One thing he was able to do was to awaken the spirit of the people in the region.... Since 1970 to date nobody have seen such a unity among igbo people.

I can be in one country with a Yoruba man but I don't want to be in same country with an Hausa man.. .... I can never forgive them for using cos video of Muhammad in the west to burn a church where three of my family lost their lives....

One day I will pay them in a good coin

You've got to be kidding me or not thinking at all. Nationality is not by choice. You don't just choose to be a Briton or American or Canadian, there are terms and conditions. Nnamdi for instance has dual citizenship, we are told. He did not choose it, he met laid down rules and conditions. That's citizenship. Now, it's not by force for him to live in Nigeria, but he should not claim Nigeria's land or territory as his. I'm sure you recognise the map of Nigeria and its territorial borders. Anyone who does not want to live in Nigeria should go buy land elsewhere and live there, simples. Unity and Peace is worth holding on to and defending, i guess you do not understand the implications of a lack of unity and peace. Nigeria remains a nation BOUND in freedom, peace and unity. We will defend that unity as pledged from childhood till tomorrow, that is righteous thing to do.
Nnamdi did not awaken any spirit, he has only taken advantage of the unfortunate situations on ground, the mass unemployment, the victory of the North in the last elections, and some PDP members underground support for the destabilization of the country.
Your revenge story and mission is not tenable enough to disturb the peace and unity of Nigeria. Go find solace in churc, mosque or in the arms of something/one you love. Venting revenge, anger and frustration on everybody cannot undo the past.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
realborn:

I think pronouncing him guilty before the decision of the court is wrong.

If the law permits any citizen on trial for certain offences to be granted bail, so should it be.

This is what we have to bear with in deference to democracy.

Some of us made efforts in our little capacities to see the last government removed for bad management. We will also not be pleased to have an autocratic replacement!

Nnamdi is not a normal person, normal laws do not apply to his likes Shekau and co. We shouldn't bear with bull crap in the name of democracy. We cannot copy everything from A to Z from the West as we do not have the same conditions, problems or cultures.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by butterflex: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
May be Buhari should have been incaserated when he threatened that the dogs and the bamboos will be soaked/covered in blood because that seem treasonable too in my opinion
PassingShot:

In your own wisdom and Dele's, the FG has not handled Kanu case well but I tell you that I believe the govt has done well. Let heavens fall because of incaceration of a man who openly asked his supporters to kill Hausas and Yorubas. Let whoever wants to go to war do so because a secessionist that boasted he will kill anyone who voted for the president should he come across them is incacerated. Kanu has committed treasonable offences with a lot of evidences. As such he cannot be treated with kid's gloves.
Dele can continue to speak from both sides of his mouth, na him sabi.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Saturn213: 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
OlamideGirl:
I love you
I wish dre zz a way I cud love DSE post

Thanks Ma
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Saturn213: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
eleojo23:

You are making me break my silence on nairaland by quoting you. smiley
I must confess that this is a very sensible post. Thumbs up!

God bless sir
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Saturn213: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
silent10:

Now dis is epic

Thanks sir
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Saturn213: 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
coolitempa:

The best post I have seen on NL today. I have made these same points previously in order to assist these people get their Biafra but I guess they are not serious. Nowhere in any part of the world is a referendum given like that especially to a group who have no mandate, no plans, no structure, no tested ideas.

Thanks maam

wink wink
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Saturn213: 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
PassingShot:

Just quoting this cos I might need ir in future argument.

I feel you sir
davspog2:
Oga Saturn may GOD continue to bless and increase you in wisdom sire! Comparing scottish referendum to Nnamdi kanu radio biafra that calls for killing of people and blatant lies is rubbish

God bless sir
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by cjrane: 12:05am On Dec 06, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu as a massob member agitated for Biafra under Obasanjo, yar adua , GEJ and they all largely ignored the call. just as majority of Igbos also ignored massob then. Out of sheer hate and bigotry Buhari arrested Nnamdi Kanu and like a typical dictator refused to abide by court orders. Whatever imperfections Nnamdi Kanu's message had, Buhari has finally convinced a lot of people that it is time for Biafrans to leave this bondage called Nigeria.
The same Buhari that negotiate and release murderous Boko haram terrorists including Kabiru sokoto, will illegally arrest and refuse to obey a court order demanding his release. In the end, Buhari will provoke the youths into an armed resistance by ordering soldiers to shoot unarmed protesters.

Historians shall marvel how Buhari collapsed Nigeria by deliberate or stupid acts. The worst part is that they were all unnecessary

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Phobia1: 1:12am On Dec 06, 2015
[/b][b][quote author=Saturn213 post=40707750]

You guys keep making a comparison to Scotland but what you fail to realize is that the Scottish Independence movement is made up of intellectuals, academics and politicians. They provided evidence of how their country will be constituted if they got independence, from oil treaties with Norway, decommissioning of nuclear facilities. They had several bases covered before asking for independence. The Scottish people saw evidence of how their country will function if they leave the union.

It is not like Ipod run by an illiterate that goes on radio calling for the massacre of Nigerians and calling Leaders names and asking for his supporters to murder a well know Nigerian Pastor. He was even caught on video asking for money to buy arms. This is an unprofessional illiterate with no common sense.

The Scottish spent years trying to convince their people, they then formed a party - the SNP. After decades of campaigning, they got majority of political seats in the Scottish Parliament. Even after that, it took them years to convince the UK government to agree to a referendum. The whole process took over 50 years. It is a separation and not a tea party.

When Igbos are serious, they will vote for a party that wants Biafra independence, they will make them senators, HORs and governors. After that they can negotiate with the Nigerian state for a referendum.

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks[b][quote author=Saturn213 post=40707750]

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks[/b][quote author=Saturn213 post=40707750]

You just dont wake up one morning and start shouting Referendum. It will take decades of negotiations and talks

#Hoping the IPOD sponsors wil get dis msg. #Erankos
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by blitzer(m): 2:28am On Dec 06, 2015
If the SW decides to secede would there be resistance from the SS SE or the North?
If the the North thru ACF and other northern regional bodies decide to secede or call for regionalism, would / can there be any resistance from other region?. I have a feeling they would have their way.

Truths about Nigeria.
1 Even the British would never have succeeded running the country under this present arrangement. The knew and were properly advised. Hence regionalism.
2 We have landmass with borders that makes us a country but not a nation.
3 We are in a perpetual state of self denial, hence we continue to delude ourselves even in the face of stark present realities.

From History three things will happen to Nigeria someday.
1 True federalism ( unlikely because there seems to be forces that have tabooed and seiged our minds and reasoning from taking this step )
2 Regionalism ( faint possibility )
3 Break Up. Very controversial and bitter word but then our actions tend toward this direction.

If we continue in this path and refuse to adopt the first two system above then the third is inevitable.

Namdi KANU is not the problem of Nigeria's peace and unity. He stepped into and took advantage of abysmal failure of our system of government & governance.

AGAIN if the North decides to path way with Nigeria CAN any region, person or group stop them even without referendum.

pls I'm a willing student eager to learn.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by PassingShot(m): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2015
butterflex:
May be Buhari should have been incaserated when he threatened that the dogs and the bamboos will be soaked/covered in blood because that seem treasonable too in my opinion
Assuming Buhari made a treasonable statement and a sitting president looked on because he's incompetent, it will not be a justification to want president Buhari to look on too if other persons make treasonable statements.

That one was a docile president can't mean the other must be a lame duck too.

1 Like

Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by agog: 6:38am On Dec 06, 2015
Dele has not argued his points well. When he was running Radio Kudirat, did they ever broadcast to their audience to procure arms and fight Nigeria and kill every tribes in the country except theirs? Did they ever openly solicit for fund to procure weaponry to be used against Nigeria state, with many of his callers responding in the affirmative?
Kanu has been spewing hate speeches, and making war and treasonable statements from his comfort zone in the UK and yet has the audacity to come to the so called zoo after bosting his people will turn Nigeria to ashes if he was ever arrested. How gullible he is in his thinking.
The agitation has so far been claiming lives in the South East and yet the people are hell bent in continuing wasting their precious souls on futile venture.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by Mrblaze06: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2015
stuff46:

Who are calling for war? Read from Dele's mindset that he doesn't even know of the said Nnamdi Kalu if not for his arrest. Same with some other folks out there, this whole ish is been treated as if its some kind of terrorism (tho, even the terrorism that plunged the North is yet to be ousted).

If necessary, let the FG organise voting to determine who wants to stay. Let no one compel some people to the havoc that will wreck a nation. It is better to have them knowing that some of them don't want to go than give them more evidence that they just have to go.

Freedom of speech is allowed in democracy.
Nnamdi kanu inciting words is calling for war though am not in support of his arrest...
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by sweetgala(m): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2015
naijapips02:
Nnamdi Oshi.

Unlike all what you have listed above, Nnamdi kanu is a common criminal and conman and his lies are in HD for all to see.

Same way shekau is a martyr .

I don't blame dele. He must sell his paper sha.

Dele Momodu made a statement which he himself has conceded to as guiding his opinion. Nnamdi Kanu used a pirate radio station for the broadcast of gate speech and war propaganda for several years now and I on multiple occasions tunned in to hear the diatribe and my heart for sunken.

Nnamdi Kanu is a smart lad, that I have no doubt about but his resolve to pose as a mild mannered individual who has committed no crime, presenting a comparatively tame mission statement is despicable.

Nnamdi Kanu is responsible for the militants agitation for biafra, using false propaganda and hate speech, unlike Salman Rushdie who committed heresy, Soyinka who was unagreeable to a military junta and your east African lecturer who had a moral disagreement with the government of the day.

Soyinka did not advocate for the slaying of the "Fulani and their Yoruba slaves wherever you find them along with traitor igbos who associate with them" or the murder and pillaging of igbos who refuse to join the Biafra struggle or disagree with Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: The Matyrisation Of Nnamdi Kanu - Dele Momodu by chronique(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2015
'The age of a Methuselah has got nothing to do with his wisdom". This is the case of Buhari. He lacks the wisdom to handle this Biafran issue,and might not have sufficient wisdom to pilot the affairs of a modern day Nigeria. I never knew who Nnamdi Kanu was until this Buhari's regime and I think it's same for most people. Buhari's unnecessary gra-gra will only cause us problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: Saraki Set To Launch Presidential Bid / Owerri Jailbreak: Inmates Turn To Cleaning, Hawking Jobs For Survival / Soludo Recalls His Youth While Growing Up In Fegge Onitsha: Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.