Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria (31260 Views)

Pictorial Step By Step Guide On Constructing A Biogas Plant / I Think Payonner Is The Way Forward For Us / Pictorial Step By Step Guide On Constructiong A Biogas Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
Last picture

1 Like

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by tvcatch15(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
Am present in class today
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hehehe grin grin
tvcatch15:
Am present in class today

Welcome aboard
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
Fixing the Waste Feed Pipe

Clean the inner surface of door elbow and bottom outer surface 120 mm dia waste feed pipe

Apply PVC solvent cement over both the cleaned surfaces

Join them together immediately before the solvent cement dries out

Place the cap on top of the feed pipe

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
More pictures

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
Place the Gas Holder Tank and Finish

Gently lift the gas holder tank and place it over the digester tank so that the 40 mm dia guide couplers fixed on the sides of the gas tank sits over the 32 mm dia couplers on the digester

Place one set of guide pipes through the 40 mm dia coupler as seen in the photograph

Now our Biogas plant is ready...

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Confluence... i see you.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Our class will continue tomorrow, BUT, THE NEXT PHASE WE ARE GOING INTO MAY BE DISGUSTING TO SOME PEOPLE.

PLS BE INFORMED!!!

Do have yourselves a lovely night rest

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by confluence: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
@DEXPRO, I am happy the class went well, i am willing to learn from you sir and construct one for my self.
Good night sir.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by suyamasta(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
Thanks Op for sharing i am highly interested
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by ewizard1: 6:12am On Dec 12, 2015
Dexpro:
Place the Gas Holder Tank and Finish

Sir... Please on the last picture, is the Tank below connected to the one above? I tried zooming to view it but could get where they got connected.
Thanks sir
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by hayzed1090: 9:47am On Dec 12, 2015
Is there any arrangement for one on one training? If yes, wat is the cost ? Tanx
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by miftaudeen(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2015
indeed, this is a good idea, please my oga can it be one on one training?
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by CaptPlanet(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2015
hayzed1090:
Is there any arrangement for one on one training? If yes, wat is the cost ? Tanx
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sure Sir, You will be able to construct one for yourself.
confluence:
@DEXPRO, I am happy the class went well, i am willing to learn from you sir and construct one for my self.
Good night sir.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
Welcome aboard
suyamasta:
Thanks Op for sharing i am highly interested

1 Like

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
ewizard1:

Sir... Please on the last picture, is the Tank below connected to the one above? I tried zooming to view it but could get where they got connected.
Thanks sir

The tank ABOVE was placed face down Into the one sitting on the terrace.

The 1st picture is the DIGESTER.
The 2nd picture is the GAS HOLDER TANK
The 3rd Picture is the DIGESTER & GAS HOLDER TANK
Now the GAS HOLDER TANK will be placed inside the DIGESTER, FACE DOWN, BOTTOM UP.

I hope you understand my explanation?

1 Like

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
miftaudeen:
indeed, this is a good idea, please my oga can it be one on one training?

hayzed1090:

CaptPlanet:

It will be a pleasure to train you personally, One on one but it's christmas season. I'll be on vacation with my family. God willing, January we'll map out a plan to train people 1 on 1.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by CaptPlanet(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
Dexpro:

It will be a pleasure to train you personally, One on one but it's christmas season. I'll be on vacation with my family. God willing, January we'll map out a plan to train people 1 on 1.

Perfect! Thanks alot! Will be looking forward to it. More grease to your elbow.

Merry Christmas in advance
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
umm m loving this, bt op please dont forget to intimate readers n those interested in building a similar biogas plant d science behind it. accordin to what i read somwhr online. the first production of d gas will contain impurities such as carbon dioxide which may impair d function of the methane. and please also lets us know ow long it will take before biogas is produced after adding the organic waste items. thank u @dexpro
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
prettyboi1989:
umm m loving this, bt op please dont forget to intimate readers n those interested in building a similar biogas plant d science behind it. accordin to what i read somwhr online. the first production of d gas will contain impurities such as carbon dioxide which may impair d function of the methane. and please also lets us know ow long it will take before biogas is produced after adding the organic waste items. thank u @dexpro

Yes, we'll get to the topic soon. Watchout
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
DAY SEVEN

Feeding the Biogas Plant for the First Time cool

Initially you need to feed fresh cow dung to start the process. On the same day this plant was made ready, I collected about 10 kilograms of cow dung from nearby farm and another 20 kilogram the next day. Visited a cattle farm again and collected 50 kilograms of more cow dung. Now I have a total of 80 kilograms of cow dung for initial feed.

I have diluted these 80 kilograms of cow dung with about 300 liters of water. I have also added about 250 grams of country-made jaggery (it is a concentrated solid product made from sugarcane, palm sap and coconut sap).

*[/b]The addition of jaggery will help the multiplication of microorganisms at a faster rate. If you can't get this no problem.

This mixture was fed into the digester through the feed pipe.

After feeding, wash the feed pipe and replace cap.

We use bore well water. Most of the water supplied through municipalities, corporations are treated with chlorine. [b]Do not use chlorinated water as this will kill all microorganisms
. If you have access to only chlorinated water, then keep the required amount of water open to atmosphere overnight and stir well, so that the chlorine evaporates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
More pictures

Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Daraplato(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Following closely. Saw this at Songhai Farms recently and I've been awed by how it works. Thanks for explaining this OP.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by confluence: 7:09am On Dec 13, 2015
@DEXPRO,
Well done Boss
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by akinz4: 7:11am On Dec 13, 2015
@ DEXPRO I would like to know when you Place the Gas Holder Tank over the Digester, Do you use any GUM to Glue the two points where they closed together. Because I think that there could be space between them when you put the two together which could Lead to LEAKAGES! I hope you understand my point. Please reply.

The tank ABOVE was placed face down Into the one sitting on the terrace.

The 1st picture is the DIGESTER.
The 2nd picture is the GAS HOLDER TANK
The 3rd Picture is the DIGESTER & GAS HOLDER TANK
Now the GAS HOLDER TANK will be placed inside the DIGESTER, FACE DOWN, BOTTOM UP.

I hope you understand my explanation?[/quote]
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by akinz4: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2015
@ DEXPRO
I would like to know when you Place the Gas Holder Tank over the Digester, Do you use any GUM to Glue/FASTEN the Point @ which the Two Tank meet when insert in one another. Because I think that there could be a space between them when you put the two together which could Lead to LEAKAGES! I hope you understand my point. Please reply.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by akinz4: 7:19am On Dec 13, 2015
@ DEXPRO
I would like to know when you Place the Gas Holder Tank over the Digester, Do you use any GUM to Glue the two points where they closed together. Because I think that there could be space between them when you put the two together which could Lead to LEAKAGES! I hope you understand my point. Please reply.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2015
akinz4:
@ DEXPRO
I would like to know when you Place the Gas Holder Tank over the Digester, Do you use any GUM to Glue the two points where they closed together. Because I think that there could be space between them when you put the two together which could Lead to LEAKAGES! I hope you understand my point. Please reply.

You don't seem to get it. Earlier in my post i said i'm building a FLOATING TYPE GAS HOLDER METHOD. The gas holder tank when placed properly and fed, when gas is produced pressure is built and the gas holder tank begins to rise. LEAKAGES will be reduced to the bearest minimum because we measured both tanks. In my second post titled SELECTION OF TANKS, i wrote this ¨During market search, I found that the 500 liters capacity tank will meet the requirement, having a width difference of about 100 mm, that means 50 mm on each side. So, I have decided to use the 500 liter tank as gas holder, which will have an up-and- down movement inside the digester using guides.¨

I hope you understand. So @akinz4 please don't glue your tanks ooo grin grin grin
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
Class will begin soon
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by confluence: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
@Dexpro,
Good afternoon sir, am hanging around the class room for class to begin.
Re: Biogas Plant Using Kitchen And Food Waste - A way forward for Nigeria by Dexpro: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Yes. Let us begin
confluence:
@Dexpro,
Good afternoon sir, am hanging around the class room for class to begin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And Akinwumi Adesina Visit Dangote Petrochemical Plant / Woman Returns €3,000 Left In Her Restaurant In Lagos / Ten Brands That Have Become Household Names In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.