Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. (24091 Views)

A Landlocked Biafra Vs A Deadlocked Northern Nigeria, Who Actually Has The Keys / CBN Blames These 4 Axis Of Evil For Drawing Nigeria Into ‘Economic Hell’ / Deleting Priority Projects Of A Govt Is An Economic Crime - Wole Solanke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by VANHELLSING: 4:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
cronsberg:
The biafrans will not know they made a huge mistake until the north stops the sell of everything from maize to tomatoe to cattle to rice to goats and sheep to sugar to onions to cotton e.t.c and south west stops the sell of cars and spare parts and machinery and cement and electronics e.tc to them. I promise you the so called biafra will become like 1950's congo with only a previledged extremely rich people owning cars, their currency will be more worthless than zimbabwen dollar and food shortages will be extreme, no power supply at all with zero industry functioning. they will really suffer.

Ignorance is really a bliss for some people. Mr ignoramuse, se will be the one doing the north a favour by buying their agricultural product which we can easily import from China, Indonesia, Thailand, India etc at a cheaper rate. As for cars and spear parts, it's our specialty, we import, manufacture, assemble, fabricate and sell to other tribes in this zoo.

We the igbo is not benefiting or buying anything from the yorubas ,our relationship can be classified as parasitic, they bring nothing to the table, more than 20% of food stuff and fruits from southeast end up in lagos and other southwest state. Southeast is self sufficient in many area, apart from cow beaf and amajiri.

3 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

tongue

Switzerland is she not a landlocked country.?

Illiteracy at its best grin

]

people are just daft

You see what hate can do...it makes people like you not to reason. I sometimes hate debating issues with folks like you. It has come to show that most of you folks have nothing upstairs. Now let me give you a crash course on elementary geography and carthography....now I will take it to Europe and Switz will be our Subject.

The geography of Switzerland encompasses the geographical features of Switzerland, a mountainous and landlocked country located in Western and Central Europe. It is surrounded by 5 countries: Austria and Liechtenstein to the east, France to the west, Italy to the south and Germany to the north. Switzerland has a maximum north-south length of 220 kilometres (140 mi) and an east-west length of about 350 kilometres (220 mi).[1]

Switzerland is well known for the Alps in the south and south east. North of the Alps, the Swiss Plateau runs along the east-west axis of the country. Most of the population of Switzerland lives on the rolling hills and plains of the plateau. The smaller Jura Mountains are located on the north west side of the plateau. Much of the northern border with Germany follows the Rhine River, though the Rhine enters Switzerland near Schaffhausen. The eastern border with Germany and a portion of Austria is drawn through Lake Constance (German: Bodensee). A portion of the southwest border with France is drawn through Lake Geneva.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Switzerland

Now to Biafra and Igbo Access to sea..can you read pls

'Without Ikwerre the hinterland Igbos have many access to the sea. Port Harcourt came to prominence as from 1913 because of the development of the sea port and the Eastern Railway line. During the oil Rivers trade and the slave trade era Port Harcourt was not a factor in those trades. The trade route was through Azumini River through Ohambele via Opobo to Bonny (Ubani). At Bonny commodities were loaded and shipped overseas. Another route in fact the ealier route was through Cross River Aro chukwu to Calabar. Aboh, Onitsha and Ugwuta were also important sea routes to Atlantic ocean. Ikwerre is not wanted by the Igbo for any specific thing or need. The issue is matter of historical distortion and revisionism.

Talking about Port Harcourt, Igweocha is a common name for Port Harcourt, this name is a descripton of how the horrizon seems to be touching the ocean from a plain sea shore view. Its ancient name was odinaobu. We also have Igwenga. These names are spelt in various ways depending on the dialect of the writer.

Please call me master and thank me for this lecture. The money used in your education should hjave been used for lotto, preferably baba ijebu or sports lotto

7 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
I gave blacktechnology a crash course in Geography
VANHELLSING:

Ignorance is really a bliss for some people. Mr ignoramuse, se will be the one doing the north a favour by buying their agricultural product which we can easily import from China, Indonesia, Thailand, India etc at a cheaper rate. As for cars and spear parts, it's our specialty, we import, manufacture, assemble, fabricate and sell to other tribes in this zoo.

We the igbo is not benefiting or buying anything from the yorubas ,our relationship can be classified as parasitic, they bring nothing to the table, more than 20% of food stuff and fruits from southeast end up in lagos and other southwest state. Southeast is self sufficient in many area, apart from cow beaf and amajiri.
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by BlackTechnology: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

people are just daft

You see what hate can do...it makes people like you not to reason. I sometimes hate debating issues with folks like you. It has come to show that most of you folks have nothing upstairs. Now let me give you a crash course on elementary geography and carthography....now I will take it to Europe and Switz will be our Subject.

The geography of Switzerland encompasses the geographical features of Switzerland, a mountainous and landlocked country located in Western and Central Europe. It is surrounded by 5 countries: Austria and Liechtenstein to the east, France to the west, Italy to the south and Germany to the north. Switzerland has a maximum north-south length of 220 kilometres (140 mi) and an east-west length of about 350 kilometres (220 mi).[1]

Switzerland is well known for the Alps in the south and south east. North of the Alps, the Swiss Plateau runs along the east-west axis of the country. Most of the population of Switzerland lives on the rolling hills and plains of the plateau. The smaller Jura Mountains are located on the north west side of the plateau. Much of the northern border with Germany follows the Rhine River, though the Rhine enters Switzerland near Schaffhausen. The eastern border with Germany and a portion of Austria is drawn through Lake Constance (German: Bodensee). A portion of the southwest border with France is drawn through Lake Geneva.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Switzerland

Now to Biafra and Igbo Access to sea..can you read pls

'Without Ikwerre the hinterland Igbos have many access to the sea. Port Harcourt came to prominence as from 1913 because of the development of the sea port and the Eastern Railway line. During the oil Rivers trade and the slave trade era Port Harcourt was not a factor in those trades. The trade route was through Azumini River through Ohambele via Opobo to Bonny (Ubani). At Bonny commodities were loaded and shipped overseas. Another route in fact the ealier route was through Cross River Aro chukwu to Calabar. Aboh, Onitsha and Ugwuta were also important sea routes to Atlantic ocean. Ikwerre is not wanted by the Igbo for any specific thing or need. The issue is matter of historical distortion and revisionism.

Talking about Port Harcourt, Igweocha is a common name for Port Harcourt, this name is a descripton of how the horrizon seems to be touching the ocean from a plain sea shore view. Its ancient name was odinaobu. We also have Igwenga. These names are spelt in various ways depending on the dialect of the writer.

Please call me master and thank me for this lecture. The money used in your education should hjave been used for lotto, preferably baba ijebu or sports lotto

Why did you attack me for mocking an anti Biafra that said Biafra can't survive

Please edit your post
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
now you are talking malta, English colonised Malta just like Nigeria...these people why are you dudes getting funny and silly in a bid to distort the historical fact.

OK YOU ARE SAYING THAT IGBO COLONISED THE IGBO SPEAKING NIGER DELTA. HMMMMM I NEVER KNEW IGBOS WERE COLONIAL MASTERS OF THESE GUYS

BUT THESE PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY ARE IGBO AND IN OHANEZE AND PEOPLE LIKE EZEPROMOE AND OTHER NOTABLE DELTA IGBO LIKE UGOMBA HAS MADE THIS CLEAR

SO , DID IGBO COLONISE THEM>
?

THE truth will always set you guys free...oh you are the new SS tribe.

I laugh in patani

shachris02:

That Maltese speak English and answer English name does not make them British. wink
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by VANHELLSING: 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
That was very funny of u to mention the baba ijebu stuff. Kudos, i love the way u lay the fact bay and I have learn a lot about the history of ph from ur post.
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Why did you attack me for mocking an anti Biafra that Biafra can't survive

Please edit your post

you see how you made a big fool of yourself..just show appreciation. I have impcated knowladge in you

be thankful and face your tribe and life, stop hanging on igbo...igbo bare not your saviour...they are charting their course and path...pls chat yours

to us, your type doesnt matter...we are to proud and superior to notice your type.

4 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by shachris02: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
now you are talking malta, English colonised Malta just like Nigeria...these people why are you dudes getting funny and silly in a bid to distort the historical fact.

OK YOU ARE SAYING THAT IGBO COLONISED THE IGBO SPEAKING NIGER DELTA. HMMMMM I NEVER KNEW IGBOS WERE COLONIAL MASTERS OF THESE GUYS

BUT THESE PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY ARE IGBO AND IN OHANEZE AND PEOPLE LIKE EZEPROMOE AND OTHER NOTABLE DELTA IGBO LIKE UGOMBA HAS MADE THIS CLEAR

SO , DID IGBO COLONISE THEM>
?

THE truth will always set you guys free...oh you are the new SS tribe.

I laugh in patani

igbos migrated and subdued those small tribes So much that they adapted some of their cultures and languages. it happens all the
time
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by Lsofdk(m): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth undecided is it ur business in anyway

4 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
VANHELLSING:
That was very funny of u to mention the baba ijebu stuff. Kudos, i love the way u lay the fact bay and I have learn a lot about the history of ph from ur post.

sometimes, I ask how and which school these kids attended to. They talk as if they are authority in their field yet they know absolutely nothing....the other ones said that their are no igbo in Niger Delta...he knew of Malta becaudse their kunu drinking man went there lately to sun bath...so he came to know that they speak english...forgetting that English colonised them...then the monkey is saying that Igbo colonised some Igbo speaking clan in Niger Delta

What an insult?

These kids know absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
RICHESTBABA:
Is our rejection of u foools in d last civil war not an example to u biafrans? Or u naively think that has changed? I will never be a biafran! Come and divide d SS! We re waitin!

who knows you? who recognises you? all these minorities seff, when men talk pls go find a mat
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

igbos migrated and subdued those small tribes So much that they adapted some of their cultures and languages. it happens all the
time

so you are saying Igbo colonised and subdued them, thats a new one. can you please tell us the point in history when this YOUR SUBDUED happened and what languages they spoke before they were subdued and civilised by almighty Igbo

Now I am taking my respect of igbo to a new level, they subdued them as you said and brainwashed them to forget their languages.

Please also while telling us the date this subjugation took place in Igbo history, please let us know the tribes that was subdued and the names of their wars

We are waiting for this your new history

4 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by BlackTechnology: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

You are getting things mixed up here

Ask all true Biafrans who blacktechnology is

You are getting things mixed up here

You should edit your post
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You are new to Naira land

I am a staunch believer in Biafra

Why are you attacking me for mocking an anti Biafran angry

it is very immaterial and inconsequential, I am not pro or anti biafra...i am here to puncture your lies and lies of thers
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
VANHELLSING:

I have to puncture their lies...one even said that Igbo subdued the small tribes, i am waiting for him to tell us when and how?

odenigboaroli come and see new postulations oooo
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by BlackTechnology: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

it is very immaterial and inconsequential, I am not pro or anti biafra...i am here to puncture your lies and lies of thers

Is it not true

That if Switzerland can survive, that Biafra can survive also
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by shachris02: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

so you are saying Igbo colonised and subdued them, thats a new one. can you please tell us the point in history when this YOUR SUBDUED happened and what languages they spoke before they were subdued and civilised by almighty Igbo

Now I am taking my respect of igbo to a new level, they subdued them as you said and brainwashed them to forget their languages.

Please also while telling us the date this subjugation took place in Igbo history, please let us know the tribes that was subdued and the names of their wars

they didn't brainwash anything. just that they corrupted their language. ikwere for instance is a mixture of bini and igbo language. same with asaba. All these variations in languages were because of mixtures and interaction with other tribes.
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Is it not true

That if Switzerland can survive, that Biafra can survive also

there is no doubt that biafra will survive, in short the igbo are the ones that hold this country that is why they are begging them to stay...imagine an hausa man said he wont be in NIGERIA AGIAN,,,the whole nigeria will gladly do them send forth party same for yoruba

IGBO SURVIVED THE WAR AND HAD GOOD ECONOMY THEN, THEY WILL NO DOUBT SURVIVE DURING PEACE, THAT IS WHY THEY CAN SAY CONFIDENTLY THEY WANT TO LEAVE, THIS IS WHAT OTHER TRIBES CANT SAY.

I was with a delta man, he said yesterday that If igbo leaves that they will join igbos that igbo should not leave them behind, I told him that he should not worry that DELTA IGBO are our brothers and they are leaving with us, if we leave.

BUT WHAT I DONT WANT IS BLOODSHED!!!! PERIOD

4 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by Abagworo(m): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

Ethnicity and political affiliation has little in common with origin and language. Many ethnic groups originate from others but at a point in history cease to be part of their parent group and recognise their supposed dialect as a distinct language. It is all over us. Urhobo vs Isoko, Efik vs Ibibio vs Annang are our close neighbours.

In some instances people of same ethnic group might be different nationals like Yoruba of Nigeria and Benin Republic or Fulani of several countries.

The South-south people which includes some Igbo speakers seem more comfortable with Nigeria than joining Biafra.
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

they didn't brainwash anything. just that they corrupted their language. ikwere for instance is a mixture of bini and igbo language. same with asaba. All these variations in languages were because of mixtures and interaction with other tribes.

MY UNCLE IS FROM IKWERRE, AT WHAT POINT DID IGBO SUBDUE IKWERRE, GIVE US DATE AND TIME NOT THIS YOUR SPECULATION AND WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF THE FOUNDER OF IKWERRRE, AND ALSO TELL ME THE BENIN WORDS IN IKWERRE ALSO. THANK GOD I CAN HEAR SOME BENIN WORDS...

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR LIES..

GIVE ME THE NAMES OF IKWERRE FOUNDERS AND WHERE THEY COME FROM?
GIVE ME THE BENIN WORDS AND CULTURE IN IKWERRE.

I AM WAITING...MY IN LAW IF FROM IKWERRE AND EZEPROMOE IS ALSO FROM IKWERRE....SO WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR FACTS AND PROVE THIS

1 Like

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
trapQ:
the people you call inconsequential have been feeding your impoverished region for centuries. if you were enlightened, you'd know that the people you call minority together are more populated than the Igbo's. Let me educate you. the igbos constitute 18% the total Nigerian population. Urhobos constitute 9%, efik/Ibibio 7%. that alone is 16%. if you include the Edo's, ijaws etc, we outnumber the Igbo's by a large margin. Even the 2006 elections said this.

biafrans are only good at chest beating. That's why y'all ate the most hated people in the world. A Thai police said y'all are devils. lmao.

You are the chest beater. Behaving like an uneducated northerner who takes pride in their useless multitude.

Your SS is too poisonous to dwell in. Environmental pollution at its peak. Fish die in water. The land can't be cultivated on. Oil has lost its value and for that Nigeria's economy is crumbling.

The Igbo are greater than the individual tribes in SS both in population and individual achievements and world acclamed intellectuals and brainiacs. I wont bother listing out names, a soul that freqents the World wide web would have no doubt over that fact.

Goodbye.

3 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by safarigirl(f): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
VANHELLSING:

Don't give urself hbp over biafran matter, because when the time come u and ur incosequential tribe will not be noticed nor considered relevant by the great igbos. Ants like u and ur tribe have no say in animal kingdom.
size40 is not even South South..... if not that NL is a faceless forum, impostors will not be using this place to post ignorant crap.

The more I read comments on NL, the more I'm inclined to believe white people who say the black man has an underdeveloped thinking faculty. Just look at this OP and fellow ignorant people on this thread

3 Likes

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
Abagworo:

Ethnicity and political affiliation has little in common with origin and language. Many ethnic groups originate from others but at a point in history cease to be part of their parent group and recognise their supposed dialect as a distinct language. It is all over us. Urhobo vs Isoko, Efik vs Ibibio vs Annang are our close neighbours.

In some instances people of same ethnic group might be different nationals like Yoruba of Nigeria and Benin Republic or Fulani of several countries.

The South-south people which includes some Igbo speakers seem more comfortable with Nigeria than joining Biafra.

OH YOU ARE THEIR SPOKESMAN OR YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CREATED THE ETHNICITY. I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW. ISOKO AND URHOBO ARE BASICALLY THE SAME ETHNICIITY BUT DIFFERENT CLANS..ALL THESE THINGS YOU GUYS CALL ETHNICITY ARE MERE CLANS. HOW CAN YOU CALL PEOPLE LIKE ISOKO OR ANNANGS ETHNICG GROUP WHERE THEY DONT EVEN NUMBER UP TO 5 MILLION AND DONT CONFUSE DIALECT WITH LANGUAGE

IMO SPEAKDS A DIIFERENT DIALECT OF IGBO FROM ANAMBRA AND DELTA. BUT THEY ARE INTELLIGEABLE...MAYBE YOU WILL TELL ME THAT IMO IS NOT A TRIBE...IMO AND THEY SPEAK DIFFERENT LANGUAGE...

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO SLOW, WHY CANT NIGERIA READ AGAIN..THEY COME ONLINE AND KEEP DISGRACING THEMSELVES

PLS DIFFERENTIATE DIALECTS, ACCENTS FROM LANGUAGE

PLS
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by nextdoor84(m): 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
feelamong:

You are the Olodo! tell us the landlocked countries doing well outside switzerland

also tell us the sort of agreement Switzerland has with its neighbours to use their port and tell us the one that the useless Biafra will have with its neigbours..

the abandoned property issue issue in PH is still very fresh...

olodo that is what you are!!!.....Austria is doing well, also czech, serbia even here in africa, botswana and namibia are all doing well...so forget the landlock and sea access dichotomy every country can do well if they are innovative and hard working!!! Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

So why did you attack me then

A fellow Biafra like you

YOU STARTED WITH LIES BY SAYING THAT SWISS AINT LANDLOCKED
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

MY UNCLE IS FROM IKWERRE, AT WHAT POINT DID IGBO SUBDUE IKWERRE, GIVE US DATE AND TIME NOT THIS YOUR SPECULATION AND WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF THE FOUNDER OF IKWERRRE, AND ALSO TELL ME THE BENIN WORDS IN IKWERRE ALSO. THANK GOD I CAN HEAR SOME BENIN WORDS...

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR LIES..

GIVE ME THE NAMES OF IKWERRE FOUNDERS AND WHERE THEY COME FROM?
GIVE ME THE BENIN WORDS AND CULTURE IN IKWERRE.

I AM WAITING...MY IN LAW IF FROM IKWERRE AND EZEPROMOE IS ALSO FROM IKWERRE....SO WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR FACTS AND PROVE THIS

There are more Bini words in Igbo than in Ikwerre but Ikwerres have said they are not Igbo and that should be respected.
Re: Landlocked Biafra Will Be An Economic Hell On Earth. by tonychristopher: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
feelamong:

You are the Olodo! tell us the landlocked countries doing well outside switzerland

also tell us the sort of agreement Switzerland has with its neighbours to use their port and tell us the one that the useless Biafra will have with its neigbours..

the abandoned property issue issue in PH is still very fresh...

AUSTRIA,
LUXEMBOURG IS DOING PERFECTLY WELL

IN AFRICA ONE OF THE BEST ECONOMIES IS BOSTWANA..GUESS WHat they are landlocked

even ethiopia is far better than Nigeria...in GDP and what do you have in Nigeria...you are asking for 5000

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Appreciate President Buhari For Signing FUPRE Bill / Dino Melaye And His Crew In Serious Praise And Worship Mood "Mother Death" / Governor Fintiri: Obaseki Will Emerge APC Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.