Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) (76802 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Pastor Shaves A Lady, Removes Her Panties During Deliverance In Church (Photos) / Watch The Bro. Iginla’s 80,000 Seat Stadium Like Champions City Of WONDERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by promise46(m): 1:17am On Dec 13, 2015
BodyKiss:
He seems to be the only one prospering while the majority of his church members are busy papaing him, going to shiloh Year in, year out seeking for propsperity that never seem to be in-sight.

On a more serious note, does this man ever give back to the society, any charity programme for the less privileged?
search Davidoyedepofoundation

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by PERFECT2(m): 1:23am On Dec 13, 2015
ValentineMary:
Yet many of their church members can't afford 3 square meals a day.
Thank God I can.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by nextstep(m): 1:26am On Dec 13, 2015
CeterisXVII:

That is totally untrue!! Have you ever been part of any project in that church?? More than 80% of materials, men and resources used at any point in time, are locally sourced. All labour is 100% local personnel. So where did you draw your erroneous impressions from?? shocked

You're telling me that the steel, aluminium, plastic, and wood products have their origins in Nigeria? The banisters, chairs, lights, pianos, electronics, tiles, air conditioners, flooring, toilets, paint, etc all originated in Nigeria? That the machines to forge, bend, lift, and affix these items are made in Nigeria? Unless I'm mistaken the vast majority of inputs to this and many other projects end up feeding families not in Nigeria. Labour is bound to be made of Nigerian personel, but I'm not convinced that they constitute up to 1/20 of the budget.

In fact the only things I can think are truly Nigerian in origin are: cement, blocks, wood for roofing. The roofing sheets are either tiles likely made in Korea or sheets manufactured in China (albeit corrugated in Nigeria). They might deign to use Nigerian doors and windows, which is open to doubt.

My initial argument was that the money might have been better spent directly funding small Nigerian enterprises for production. You might be right that there's significant money given to contractors and suppliers in Nigeria, but I think you'll find that the lions share of profits leaves the country in one form or another
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by CeterisXVII: 1:31am On Dec 13, 2015
nextstep:
You're telling me that the steel, aluminium, plastic, and wood products have their origins in Nigeria? The banisters, chairs, lights, air conditioners, flooring, toilets are made in Nigeria? That the machines to forge, bend, lift, and affix these items are made in Nigeria? Unless I'm mistaken the vast majority of inputs to this and many other projects end up feeding families not in Nigeria. Labour is bound to be of Nigerian personel, but I'm not convinced that they constitute up to 1/20 of the budget.

My initial argument was that the money might have been better spent directly funding small Nigerian enterprises for production. You might be right that there's significant money given to contractors and suppliers in Nigeria, but I think you'll find that the lions share of profits leaves the country in one form or another

Oga, there are companies in Nigeria that manufacture steel, plastic, paint and wood products. If you work in the construction industry, you would know this which is why I said that 80% of the products used are locally sourced. Even the ones that are not manufactured locally, are bought directly from re-sellers in Nigeria who import such products. So get your facts straight! undecided

The church is not a government parastatal. While the church has a section that assists unemployed people who want to start small-scale businesses, it does not support SME enterprises. That is what government agencies such as SMEDAN, BOI, NERFUND etc., were set up to do. There is (and has always been), a clear demarcation between the obligations of the state, and that of the church!

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by beadaholic(f): 1:40am On Dec 13, 2015
dikeigbo2:
Serious selfish business minded pastor,
Solve a million problems,
Save countless souls by building a single industry.
Times it by the number of industries or factories you built and see you wipe out poverty and some vices in those areas its sighted.
Establishing or building churches or mosques is not our problem(s)
Our problem(s) is how to absolve our numerous unemployed youths.

May God bless everyone that heeds this advice Amen

Oga the people going to build it, are they building for free? Won't they be paid? From the enginner to the bricklayer etc?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by bobbito: 1:52am On Dec 13, 2015
CeterisXVII:

This church has already built two top notch universities, which employs hundreds of people and pays them their daily wages. So what are you saying? shocked

I have a question for you. How many Nigerians (church members) can afford to send their children to these expensive universities?
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by menesheh(m): 1:54am On Dec 13, 2015
vooks:

What purpose did Solomon's temple serve?

Oya make both of you continue battling on a crazy book written some thousands of years by anonymous authors that are filled with contradictions. Anything atall you want to justify, open the next verse and there you go.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by orble: 2:00am On Dec 13, 2015
So Federal Government no built such and this man wan try am. I wish him the best of luck.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 5:31am On Dec 13, 2015
menesheh:

Oya make both of you continue battling on a crazy book written some thousands of years by anonymous authors that are filled with contradictions. Anything atall you want to justify, open the next verse and there you go.

The fool has said in his heart, 'there is no God'

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by proprince(m): 5:36am On Dec 13, 2015
The work of God must be done. Nice one
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by MrIyke222(m): 5:41am On Dec 13, 2015
dikeigbo2:
Times it by the number of industries or factories you built and see you wipe out poverty and some vices in those areas its sighted.

Jst like d Bible says, the pple perish for lack of knowledge. One bitter thing u'll kip doin is sitting dia all day nd yrs and condeming a true prophet of God. And dats y u'll nva catch a dream or vision let alone solving ur own problms. This man of God ure criticizing ws a no body som 30 yrs ago, but tday his vision has made him a librator of d opreasd from kingdom of darkness globally nd ure hr causing more harm to ur own destiny. Pls go and catch ur own dream nd start fulfilling it nd stop hating for ur own good..

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 13, 2015
The man is a trained architect so it won't be a surprise to me, 100,000 seats imagine, that number multiplied by 100 naira offering ur looking at 100 million in offerings alone in a single business.
I think our govt should diversify into church business, let's convert all stadiums to church auditorium uwillsee increase in govt revenues.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2015
tajad:

Can you hear yourself? "Even if they do" it tells of someone who is not just happy about what is happening. You seem to be a christian but you have been swayed by reports about this man of God in the media. If you know only 10% of what this church has done you will not even open your mouth against it. We don't call the media to cover our good deeds. He that sees us in the secret is blessing us openly.

I don't need the media to form an opinion about oyedepo. My bible tells me that "by there fruits I shall know them" and going by the fruits oyedepo displays, I can tell you with 100% certainty that he is as fake as they come.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 6:30am On Dec 13, 2015
tajad:

Do you think it is his agenda? It is commanded by God and only God can bring it to pass. Except you are angry against the move of God because I can see you are quoting scriptures that do not add up. God does not live in temples but he said we should not forsake the gathering of believers. Where should believers meet? Check your heart to know if your statements are not coming out of bitterness towards this man of God and the project. I hope you are sincere with yourself

Stop lying for oyedepo. Where you there when God commanded him The God I know and serve will rather that money is spent on the poor and the needy rather than spent building another useless monument to massage oyedepo's over sized ego.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 6:33am On Dec 13, 2015
tajad:

May God forgive you. What will you say about Solomon who built a temple made of gold for God and God was pleased with him? Your statement reminded me of the pharisees and I hope you are not one. You do not have to paint a church bad to get people to your own church (wrong strategy). May God forgive you for despising his agenda.

May God forgive you too. Meanwhile solomon's temple was not made of gold, you should learn to read your bible more and depend less on what this prosperity gospel pimps preach. tongue
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by festusperry(m): 6:33am On Dec 13, 2015
CeterisXVII:

This church has already built two top notch universities, which employs hundreds of people and pays them their daily wages. So what are you saying? shocked
leave that idiot my guy..... sense them say iz not common.... how can somebody say e used use he's Money to build his church to build industry... do u kw how much he used to repair otta down to Lagos roads?... u kw how many employers e get when e da pay??

receive sense AMEN

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2015
ekmike:

Go for your vision and don't criticise another man's dream. we are all born to be great

So church should now be about one man's ego infested dream or doing as the lord directs? undecided
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by deeonlyme: 6:46am On Dec 13, 2015
dikeigbo2:

The only thing I can ask God for is to forgive you for your lack of knowledge and not make you pay for the sin you just committed against his servant. This commission has built multiple primary and secondary schools in every state and has also built two standard universities. All these institutions have employed thousands of Nigerians with different academic qualifications. Please don't attract course on yourself and family.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by festusperry(m): 6:47am On Dec 13, 2015
nextstep:

You're telling me that the steel, aluminium, plastic, and wood products have their origins in Nigeria? The banisters, chairs, lights, pianos, electronics, tiles, air conditioners, flooring, toilets, paint, etc all originated in Nigeria? That the machines to forge, bend, lift, and affix these items are made in Nigeria? Unless I'm mistaken the vast majority of inputs to this and many other projects end up feeding families not in Nigeria. Labour is bound to be made of Nigerian personel, but I'm not convinced that they constitute up to 1/20 of the budget.

In fact the only things I can think are truly Nigerian in origin are: cement, blocks, wood for roofing. The roofing sheets are either tiles likely made in Korea or sheets manufactured in China (albeit corrugated in Nigeria). They might deign to use Nigerian doors and windows, which is open to doubt.

SMH

Mumu
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by festusperry(m): 6:52am On Dec 13, 2015
nwakibie3:
At times I wonder how some people can be so jealous and envious. Is it your money that the bishop will use to build the Faith theater? OK, you people that are telling him where to channel the money who tells you where to channel your own money? Your money your business, Church/God's money Church/God's business. Living Faith church has over 20,000 employees in Nigeria which they pay handsomely every month. How many employees does federal government of Nigeria has? You people should hold your buhari responsible for youth unemployment not the Bishop.

my brother GOD BLESS YOU...
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by eyostines(m): 6:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Some people fail to realize their purpose here on hearth. The bible stated that there would always be the poor among us. But didn't say we his children are going to be poor. @ winners chapel we seek God's kingdom first so that all others would follow. Your dedication to God is what yield (others) wealth,prosperity,favour,health and all other good things life has to offer. So posters up there lamenting or murmuring that he should be building homeless shelters I think are just lost. Bishop D. Oyedepo is living by example and practicing what he preaches. Your success lies in your own hand and your faith with God. If u looking for who to build home shelters for you or factories and industries please count my daddy out for now, because our main course is kingdom advancement. Bringing more souls to salvation and one of the major step is by building a befitting house if worship to bring souls to God, and that what prompt the wealth. So stop posting balderdash. Let's be wise and follow suits...

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by eyostines(m): 7:04am On Dec 13, 2015
To add to my previous comment. Solomon was one of God's favorite just because he built a place of worship for God, and God blessed him for that. Would you say there were no poor people to help in Solomons time?. Can't you see yourself attaining or matching his success one day?. That's what you should be working on not envying and criticism. That FAITH THEATER Was not his dream alone. It was a collective decision. I pray for the spirit of understanding for you all.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by dikeigbo2(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2015
shadowgwalker:
shatap ya smelly mouth! Is it his personal property or for the church members? Is he the one building it or the church members doingg it for themselves. Ona go just open mouth dey talk blehblehbleh like imbeh. Is he ur governor to come and give u employment or is he ur stretcher to carry ur lazy bones to go find a meaningful life?

To say you are a godforsaken animal is an understatement, ghostworker this your gutter language though... God forgive you
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Cateyes07: 7:16am On Dec 13, 2015
Iykestix:
The president and founder of the church Bishop David Oyedepo made the announcement on Friday 11 December 2015 Shiloh.
The church is said to be a 100,000 seat capacity for adults and 10,000 for children. see the proposed church
As God live , I will take part in Building this temple , Almighty God is moving again

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Cateyes07: 7:31am On Dec 13, 2015
deeonlyme:

The only thing I can ask God for is to forgive you for your lack of knowledge and not make you pay for the sin you just committed against his servant. This commission has built multiple primary and secondary schools in every state and has also built two standard universities. All these institutions have employed thousands of Nigerians with different academic qualifications. Please don't attract course on yourself and family.
please don't waste your time defending Bishop or Gods work, the theatre will be built no matter who is angry, because this is what I will do with my means cannot be CHANGED " Ba yi ni emi fi kan mi se, ko yi pada " As for me am already preparing my own Financial seed for the Temple.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by dikeigbo2(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2015
NigLasPresident:

who are you complaining to about church and mosque not being the issue to stopping unemployment? Since when did Oyedepo became the President of Nigeria? Or you now want to dictate what visions he should have? If you weren't idle yourself maybe the devil wouldn't have used you as his workshop.

Your reasoning though, show s you are still in the dark, someday soon you will be in the know and there is no other thing you will do than to open your own church.......
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by menesheh(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2015
vooks:

The fool has said in his heart, 'there is no God'

I noticed that there are different definitions of the word fool.

If the bible's own definition of a "fool" is a person who refuses to accept some crazy stories in a book out of many of such stories without any shroud of evidence, am happy to be that fool.

I know of dictionary definition of a fool to be a person with low judgement and less intelligent. Such persons are ready to believe anything atall with faith. Faith being when one pick-up a Harry Potter book and read all the weird claims there, instead of taking it for what it is, decided to credulously and gullibly started living his life as if it is a real life story. An not this particular fool.

If the bible's definition of a fool is a person who refuses to accept a statement made by a book that says "any person who refuse to accept and absolutely hold on to its unsubstantiated claims is a fool" count me one of them.

If bible's fools are persons who disbelieve in the reality and factuality of talking snake, that the universe was created by an alpha male in the sky in six days, that a full blooded human spent three days in the belly of a fish(where the digestive system of such fish stopped working for three day), that some magical spirits said this or that, etc gelalahe men grin, am one of the fools.

But the people i see as dictionary meaning of fools indicates are persons who read in a book that said "The fool has said in his heart, there is no Allah" and Started taking the book serious. People who don't care whether or not their belief is rationally justified and true. People who wear god eyeglass and can't see clear view of the reality in their front but can only see god.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2015
[size=1pt]
menesheh:

I noticed that there are different definitions of the word fool.

If the bible's own definition of a "fool" is a person who refuses to accept some crazy stories in a book out of many of such stories without any shroud of evidence, am happy to be that fool.

I know of dictionary definition of a fool to be a person with low judgement and less intelligent. Such persons are ready to believe anything atall with faith. Faith being when one pick-up a Harry Potter book and read all the weird claims there, instead of taking it for what it is, decided to credulously and gullibly started living his life as if it is a real life story. An not this particular fool.

If the bible's definition of a fool is a person who refuses to accept a statement made by a book that says "any person who refuse to accept and absolutely hold on to its unsubstantiated claims is a fool" count me one of them.

If bible's fools are persons who disbelieve in the reality and factuality of talking snake, that the universe was created by an alpha male in the sky in six days, that a full blooded human spent three days in the belly of a fish(where the digestive system of such fish stopped working for three day), that some magical spirits said this or that, etc gelalahe men grin, am one of the fools.

But the people i see as dictionary definition of fools are persons who read in a book that said "The fool has said in his heart, there is no Allah" and Started taking the book serious. People who don't care whether or not their belief is rationally justified and true. People who wear god eyeglass and can't see clear view of the reality in their front but can only see god.
[/size]
sorry bro I forgot to give the verse cool
Psalm 14:1King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Cateyes07: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2015
ValentineMary:
Yet many of their church members can't afford 3 square meals a day.
Before I joined Winner Chapel a room at Iyana Ipaja. In Lagos was N5,00k per month(5naira) I couldn't pay for one, now I have four houses. already just following Bishop OYEDEPO teaching , so what you don't know find out, simple common sense
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by menesheh(m): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]

Ok. No mind, i know the chapter.

It doesn't matter. The absurdity there is when a muslems open Koran, read a verse and still say to you, "you are ignorant of the goodie Koran gat to offer" while in the real sense, you gat no fuccking damn thing to do with what the Koran have to say. grin

Hope you get.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by menesheh(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]

Another silly altitude is that you always shrink my comment so that people going through it will not see the apt rebattle to a silly reply grin but i gat no problems with that anymore.

And stop spamming me. I hope we don't follow each other here.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 8:53am On Dec 13, 2015
menesheh:

Another silly altitude is that you always shrimp my comment so that people going through it will not see the apt rebattle to a silly reply grin but i gat no problems with that anymore.

And stop spamming me. I hope we don't follow each other here.
There is no need posting all you have posted which is right above me, especially if it is a mishmash of nonsense and intellectual atrocity . Civilized Negroes think differently. Hang around me long enough and you will learn

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Teases His Wife, Gloria, Shares Picture Taken Backstage / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid / I Am A Muslim But I Love Jesus — Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.