Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,231 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

See What Happened To Me Last Night! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Happened To Me Last Night! (9982 Views)

See What Happened To A Man Who Slept With Another Man's Wife(photos) / See What Happened At Amphithearter OAU When Apostle Joshua Selman Was Unaviodabl / People What Has Happened To Roberts Liardon The Author Of Gods Generals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by plaetton: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

Do you know why I call you amateur Septic(sic)?

It is because you are full of sh*t

What is the relationship between religiosity and education? INCONCLUSIVE

Why is it so important to an amateur antitheism that ignorance ministers religion? To justify their feigned irreligion as an achievement

An excellent paper on this phenomena of the relationship between religiosity and education within and across denomination as well as countries

http://www.nber.org/papers/w8080

Lol.

I am sure you did a lot of cherrypicking to find a 2001 article by a little known outfit, full of anecdotal conjectures to fit your barely thought out beliefs.

Here , I present you with a more recent article by The Economist magazine based a 2014 studies.

Please read it in it's entirety, because it confirms every point I made on my post.

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21623712-how-education-makes-people-less-religiousand-less-superstitious-too-falling-away.
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by plaetton: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Education and religion
Falling away
How education makes people less religious—and less superstitious, too
Oct 11th 2014
JUST one extra year of schooling makes someone 10% less likely to attend a church, mosque or temple, pray alone or describe himself as religious, concludes a paper* published on October 6th that looks at the relationship between religiosity and the length of time spent in school. It uses changes in the compulsory school-leaving age in 11 European countries between 1960 and 1985 to tease out the impact of time spent in school on belief and practice among respondents to the European Social Survey, a long-running research project.
By comparing people of similar backgrounds who were among the first to stay on longer, the authors could be reasonably certain that the extra schooling actually caused religiosity to fall, rather than merely being correlated with the decline. During those extra years mathematics and science classes typically become more rigorous, points out Naci Mocan, one of the authors—and increased exposure to analytical thinking may weaken the tendency to believe.
Advertisement

Another paper, published earlier this year, showed that after Turkey increased compulsory schooling from five years to eight in 1997, women’s propensity to identify themselves as religious, cover their heads or vote for an Islamic party fell by 30-50%. (No effect was found, however, among Turkish men.) And a study published in 2011 that looked at the rise in the school-leaving age in Canadian provinces in the 1950s and 1960s found that each extra year of schooling led to a decline of four percentage points in the likelihood of identifying with a religious tradition. Longer schooling, it reckoned, explains most of the increase in non-affiliation to any religion in Canada between 1971 and 2001, from 4% of the population to 16%.
The most recent paper also showed that each extra year in the classroom led to a drop of 11 percentage points in superstitious practices, though these remain common. Two-fifths of respondents said they consulted horoscopes, and a quarter thought that lucky charms could protect them. Other research has shown that religious beliefs and practices seem to make people happier, and in some circumstances healthier and wealthier, too. But to argue that such benefits more than offset the gains from extra education would require a leap of faith.
* “Compulsory schooling laws and formation of beliefs: education, religion and superstition”, by Naci Mocan and Luiza Pogorelova. National Bureau of Economic Research, October 2014
Comments (32)

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by plaetton: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
Radoillo:

Hahaha! Why do you make it sound like I'm standing on one unsure foot, on the precipitous edge of religious belief, just waiting for a slight nudge to knock me off into the abyss of unbelief? cry
I didn't mean to sound that way cheesy

What I mean is when you were 17, what stopped you from becoming an atheist? grin
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

I am sure you did a lot of cherrypicking to find a 2001 article by a little known outfit, full of anecdotal conjectures to fit your barely thought out beliefs.

Here , I present you with a more recent article by The Economist magazine based a 2014 studies.

Please read it in it's entirety, because it confirms every point I made on my post.

http://www.economist.com/news/international/21623712-how-education-makes-people-less-religiousand-less-superstitious-too-falling-away.

Read the NBER article. This is no magazine but a scholarly article. Hope you know the difference.

Am I the only one who noticed how long it has take to furious over work your sole underworked neuron and Google to arrest your hoof-in-mouth malady?

Religiosity and education studies are over 50 years young. There are tons of evidence for/against this which serves my point; it is INCONCLUSIVE. Am not your mother nor your hallucinatory biracial ex/wife so I won't spoon feed you, follow the extensive citations in that article and confirm what it is saying.
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by plaetton: 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

Read the NBER article. This is no magazine but a scholarly article. Hope you know the difference.

Am I the only one who noticed how long it has take to furious over work your sole underworked neuron and Google to arrest your hoof-in-mouth malady?

Religiosity and education studies are over 50 years young. There are tons of evidence for/against this which serves my point; it is INCONCLUSIVE. Am not your mother nor your hallucinatory biracial ex/wife so I won't spoon feed you, follow the extensive citations in that article and confirm what it is saying.

My friend, you are reaching the lowest levels of your depravity by making reference to my family.

I urge you to sober up and step away from that path.

Even though I get a lot of thrills from mocking religiotards like you, I don't take anything personal.

I mock you , your intellectual emptiness , simply because I need to show African youth that they can and should do better than you at thinking.

It's a thankless job, but dont drag me to the gutter, where, I assume, you're domiciled.

So, jokes apart, I am not your kindergarten mate.
Don't ever make reference to my family.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

My friend, you are reaching the lowest levels of your depravity by making reference to my family.

Even though I get a lot of thrills from mocking religiotards like you, I don't take anything personal.

I mock you , your intellectual emptiness , simply because I need to show African youth that they can and should do better than you at thinking.

It's a thankless job, but drag me to the gutter, where o assume, your domiciled

Am not guilty for regaling the world with your biracial ex/wife.

Go hang

You are nothing but an amateur buffoon. I have a job of transforming you into a respectable antitheist so help me God grin
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

It's a thankless job, but dont drag me to the gutter, where, I assume, you're domiciled.

I have noticed that when some nairalanders meet a superior argument, they throw out insults to cover up their inferiority.

It's so sad

8 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

Am not guilty for regaling the world with your biracial ex/wife.

Go hang

You are nothing but an amateur buffoon. I have a job of transforming you into a respectable antitheist so help me God grin

What does his wife have to do with the discussion?

5 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

What does his wife have to do with the discussion?

Good question
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ishilove:

I didn't mean to sound that way cheesy

What I mean is when you were 17, what stopped you from becoming an atheist? grin

I had a highly complicated debate with myself. I'll probably need a whole book to explain what it was. smiley
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
Radoillo:

I had a highly complicated debate with myself. I'll probably need a whole book to explain what it was. smiley
I'm an avid reader smiley. PM me?
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ishilove:

I'm an avid reader smiley. PM me?

LOL. And I'm the world's laziest writer. grin
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I have noticed that when some nairalanders meet a superior argument, they throw out insults to cover up their inferiority.

It's so sad

The ass licker is here ... Menshah insulted my mum three fuc.king times the other day ... No atheist said no shi.t ... Ifeness insulted vooks' dad ... No one bat an eye ...

I'm not on any one's side , I just want to know if your stomach is full with so much atheists' ass licking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by CoolUsername: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
Yo OP!
I'm back!!!
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
Radoillo:

LOL. And I'm the world's laziest writer. grin
That's not the impression you give when writing those mini-thesis you're fond of in the Culture section cheesy grin
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

The ass licker is here ... Menshah insulted my mum three fuc.king times the other day ... No atheist said no shi.t ... Ifeness insulted vooks' dad ... No one bat an eye ...

I'm not on any one's side , I just want to know if your stomach is full with so much atheists' ass licking

Am reading plaetton and somewhat he had to tell the entire world that he was dumped by a biracial goddess, Half English-half Carribean girl and how she was busy looking for him. Am not interested in this neanderthal's imaginary family, I just felt like reminding his this is a public forum and he should watch his proboscis cool

Antitheists have a field day insulting everyone and am mighty glad to return the favor as I drill some much badly needed sense into their thick heads
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

If anyone insults your folks, give them a written smackdown. Don't turn the other cheek because some people are hooligans and they display their crass mannerlessness and lack of proper upbringing on the Internet.

Cuss them out and their generations yet unborn if they dare insult your parents. No time for bullshit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I see. The asss pervert is here.

Who the hell is mensah? Why is it my business that a Ghanaian butthurt your mom?

How is it my business what ifeness does?

Jesus. Insanity is real on nairaland

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

This is brutal

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ishilove:

That's not the impression you give when writing those mini-thesis you're fond of in the Culture section cheesy grin

grin grin grin

I'm more animated when it's something I love discussing, I guess. Recounting my religious journey - not as fun. cheesy
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by plaetton: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

Am reading plaetton and somewhat he had to tell the entire world that he was dumped by a biracial goddess, Half English-half Carribean girl and how she was busy looking for him. Am not interested in this neanderthal's imaginary family, I just felt like reminding his this is a public forum and he should watch his proboscis cool

Antitheists have a field day insulting everyone and am mighty glad to return the favor as I drill some much badly needed sense into their thick heads

Pls pls kingebukasblog, kindly quote me where on Nairaland I ever mentioned that I was dumped by any girl.

Are you two idiots not referring to someone else, perhaps ?

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
Radoillo:

grin grin grin

I'm more animated when it's something I love discussing, I guess. Recounting my religious journey - not as fun. cheesy
Why do I have the feeling you're hanging on the precipice...of something I can't mention?
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
Y'all need to calm the fvck down. I see nothing that warrants insults here.
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ishilove:

Why do I have the feeling you're hanging on the precipice...of something I can't mention?

Hahahahaha! What are you trying to fish out of my mouth? Bikokwa, ayam on solid ground. No precipe-dangling going on here. tongue
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by Ishilove: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Radoillo:

Hahahahaha! What are you trying to fish out of my mouth? Bikokwa, ayam on solid ground. No precipe-dangling going on here. tongue
Issokay cheesy

May you grow in grace smiley

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by CoolUsername: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

Yo, we were having a debate the other day and when you started losing, you pvssied out. But when it comes to insults you're good. So either grow up or grow a pair of cojones and see a debate to the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ishilove:

If anyone insults your folks, give them a written smackdown. Don't turn the other cheek because some people are hooligans and they display their crass mannerlessness and lack of proper upbringing on the Internet.

Cuss them out and their generations yet unborn if they dare insult your parents. No time for bullshit

Honestly I can exchange words with someone for the fun of it - just to elicit a reaction or toy with the person . But to stoop so low to start referring to one's parents is very derogatory . I dont know why exchanging words should be taken personal .

Here it is :

menesheh:

Do you need TB Joshua to tell you that am really obsessed with the imageries. Am actually is since your mum trained you to be attacking persons instead of saying meaningful things that another person can learn from.

Learn how to attack issues and ideas not the person that's propagating them.

You said nothing.

Start growing up. you really need it.

menesheh:

Small boy, your mum is the nincompoop, fool, f.uck.ed and where are those your abusive words up there located?

menesheh:

Your mum is the "Grown ass dimwit"

He got likes and shares from the same people cloudgoddess claims are the most ethical she has ever seen . Atheism is an evil religion , soon they'd start attacking you with guns and bombs asking you to denounce God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

Pls pls kingebukasblog, kindly quote me where on Nairaland I ever mentioned that I was dumped by any girl.

Are you two idiots not referring to someone else, perhaps ?

NL is a sh*tty forum/board but I will do my best and share it right here. That is if you are worth my while sucka
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by vooks: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
CoolUsername:

Yo, we were having a debate the other day and when you started losing, you pvssied out. But when it comes to insults you're good. So either grow up or grow a pair of cojones and see a debate to the end.

Negro,
You'd do well to show me where, otherwise slither back to wherever crevice you came from
Re: See What Happened To Me Last Night! by plaetton: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
vooks:

NL is a sh*tty forum/board but I will do my best and share it right here. That is if you are worth my while sucka

Pls do, and curse be upon your mustache if you don't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.