Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (44226 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / If God Created Everything For Men, What Purpose Do Other Planets serve?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by winner01(m): 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
BodyKiss:

You splitted my comment out of context, but still could not make a sense in your reply.

SMH, This is a very silly and dumb analogy, and obviously a telling of low level reasoning.
To see how stvpid this question is, tell me, if you have sex with your spouse, what are the odds she'll get pregnate and give birth to a human immediatly? Expecting to observe such large changes directly is nothing but a sign of dumbness. Evolution consists mainly of the accumulation of small changes over large periods of time. And for your information, Big Bang and Evolution are not the same.
This is a very embarassing and shallow reply, the most unintelligent reply ive read on nairaland in recent times, and im sorry to have engaged you.
Have a nice life.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2015
zeemahn:

You see, opinions among bible scholars concerning this topic differs. Some take the 6000 years literally while others insist that due to so so and so, it correspond to what science says.You should not expect me to know when even bible scholars have contradictory views about the age of the earth and universe.

But either way, what criteria do we use to chose what is literal and what is not literal in the bible?

Am not sure u read wat I posted...if u did, u won't ask which criteria I used! The Bible was specific in saying "day" and describing it as "sun up and sun down"....so why wud I do gymnastics with it? Isn't it plain enuf?

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2015
dejilg:

Am not sure u read wat I posted...if u did, u won't ask which criteria I used! The Bible was specific in saying "day" and describing it as "sun up and sun down"....so why wud I do gymnastics with it? Isn't it plain enuf?

The last time I checked, you were the one that posted this

I usually believe atheists read more about science? How come u ddnt even know that the Biblical days of Creation amounts to the exact age of the universe as proposed by Science wen factors such as the expansion constant of our universe and time is concerned? Or don't u know that time reads differently depending on what part of the Universe you are? The only thing u can get that is about 6000 years from the Bible is d Creation of Man! Bearing in mind dat "Adam" was even created before "Eve" and that the geneology is done using "generations" which actually isn't a rigid time event!? Science at this stage in man's history shows that the universe had been created/directed even from the Big-Bang(or name it wat u will) --- Intelligent Design can't even be overlooked anymore!

And according to what Science have been discovering, the universe is over 13 billion years old. So you're the one that did not read or understand what you wrote.

what criteria do we use to chose what is literal and what is not literal in the bible?

winner01:
This is a very embarassing and shallow reply, the most unintelligent reply ive read on nairaland in recent times, and im sorry to have engaged you.
Have a nice life.

This reply is not shallow or unintelligent. If it is, then point out the shallowness or unintelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2015
zeemahn:

The last time I checked, you were the one that posted this

And according to what Science have been discovering, the universe is over 45 billion years old. So you're the one that did not read or understand what you wrote.

what criteria do we use to chose what is literal and what is not literal in the bible?

don't be in haste to post in ur futile effort of Bible thrashing! The universe isn't "45 billion years old". Its just about 13Billion years old! and am not here to give u a full treat on how they arrive at that nor show u that the 6 days of creation of the Bible gives that! I pointed some info to u which u chose to ignore all in a bid to make a point (which u also rushed and erred)...I mentioned d fact that time isn't constant everywhere, and dat its even affected by out expanding universe of which the expansion factor even played a major important role in determing the age of the universe! So if u really want to make urself a professor in Biblical studies! Kindly make some research of this in relation to d Bible! Thank you

As per the Criteria used in picking literal or not! Historical context and Biblical definitions are just more than enough
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2015
a simple question I ask:
Is Evolution scientific?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 27, 2015
dejilg:

I usually believe atheists read more about science? How come u ddnt even know that the Biblical days of Creation amounts to the exact age of the universe as proposed by Science wen factors such as the expansion constant of our universe and time is concerned? Or don't u know that time reads differently depending on what part of the Universe you are? The only thing u can get that is about 6000 years from the Bible is d Creation of Man! Bearing in mind dat "Adam" was even created before "Eve" and that the geneology is done using "generations" which actually isn't a rigid time event!? Science at this stage in man's history shows that the universe had been created/directed even from the Big-Bang(or name it wat u will) --- Intelligent Design can't even be overlooked anymore!

Time doesn't read differently in different parts of the universe, your knowledge of gravitational time - dilation is shallow.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2015
Joshuabase:

Time doesn't read differently in different parts of the universe, your knowledge of gravitational time - dilation is shallow.

Ok Sir, who knows more, please explain it to me!
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2015
dejilg:
a simple question I ask:

Is Evolution scientific?
It appears you need to be educated on the scientific process

Hypothesis
Experimentation
Inference
Theory
Experimentation
Law

Evolution is a well known fact just like it's a fact the sun is a sphere
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2015
dejilg:

Ok Sir, who knows more, please explain it to me!

areas that experience extreme spacetime curvature would have time showed down for them

Extreme spacetime curvature can be caused by black holes, neuron stars and wormholes

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
dejilg:

don't be in haste to post in ur futile effort of Bible thrashing! The universe isn't "45 billion years old". Its just about 13Billion years old! and am not here to give u a full treat on how they arrive at that nor show u that the 6 days of creation of the Bible gives that! I pointed some info to u which u chose to ignore all in a bid to make a point (which u also rushed and erred)...I mentioned d fact that time isn't constant everywhere, and dat its even affected by out expanding universe of which the expansion factor even played a major important role in determing the age of the universe! So if u really want to make urself a professor in Biblical studies! Kindly make some research of this in relation to d Bible! Thank you

As per the Criteria used in picking literal or not! Historical context and Biblical definitions are just more than enough

Yea. The universe is about 13billion years.

So what makes 6 days to be equal to about 13billion years? Historical context or Biblical definitions. Also point out the 'facts' I ignored. Maybe I'll revisit them.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by frank317: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
vooks:

Clearly, that's why you was butt hurt after been dumped by the imaginary biracial who now wants to get back

I can't even imagine how foolish u sound sometimes. O dont know how old you are but its time you let go of teenage attitude.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by vooks: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
frank317:

I can't even imagine how foolish u sound sometimes. O dont know how old you are but its time you let go of teenage attitude.
Weeping harder than the bereaved, what ails you you bloody idiot?
That I wiped the toilet floor with your ret@rded logic?
Grow a pair son grin grin

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by frank317: 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
vooks:

Lol... Your foolishness and childishness knows no bound.

You will soon grow over it... And when u look back, u will realize how foolish u were.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by frank317: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
vooks:

Logic? its clear u are no match for me, remember how u ran away when I took on u? U would have hung on and allow me show the world how foolish u are.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Avoidhellfire:
So how come Richard Dawkins is a devil worshiping Illuminati member? if God does not exist then it means that the devil that is worshiped by the Illuminati does not also exist. Since we know that Richard Dawkins worships the devil with the Illuminati then it means that God exists.

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by fearlesschicken: 12:39am On Dec 28, 2015
Humans created God to satisy themselves about the remaining uncertainities of this world

Btw happy birthday @johnydon22 have fun smiley

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Kronos12(m): 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
I never knew the world had so much atheist....... Well for me the existence of God is not a question, I have pressed into the things of the Spirit and not only do I believe His existence, I know of His existence. The Apostle paul said "I KNOW whom I believe and I am persuaded" I live by the EPIGNOSIS of the kingdom....... I do not serve Him blindly, I serve Him because He is real

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by scully95: 2:05am On Dec 29, 2015
dejilg:

true, but does this mean that God doesn't exist? does it mean an event didn't take place cos several people reported it differently? so wats ur point exactly?

To be very honest with you.. i think we created GOD.. Human being created GOD to answer some things that happens and obviously have no explanation and again to control people...

Don't forget that all the laws in the bible is what became constitution today because people of today do not really do as the bible says...Therefore there is need for someone to make them fear.. you have it in sharia law as well.. Western and eastern civilization..

Religion is old and many ppl now understand the trick.... You should read my one of my posts here to get it..
https://www.nairaland.com/2471001/african-accepts-foreign-religion-christianity

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by sonmvayina(m): 2:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Could it be possible that time is this God we are all talking about..the ancient. Greeks understood this and called him "father time" or kronos...because only time seams not to follow the law of duality..just asking ...
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Joshuabase:

It appears you need to be educated on the scientific process

Hypothesis
Experimentation
Inference
Theory
Experimentation
Law

Evolution is a well known fact just like it's a fact the sun is a sphere

Please give me an extensive work on Evolution that follows all this scientific processes!!! and may I ask u wat a fact is Mr Educator!!!

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2016
Good thread
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by winner01(m): 1:40am On Jun 19, 2016
yeah

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Many more users, Posts keep recycling...replies also recycling... NL has changed though.

@op if you really mean that as a question (I mean like an answer can matter at all) and not an atheism evangelism to church people finding this section interesting... check out
apologeticspress.com. More goodies there.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by winner01(m): 10:32am On Jun 19, 2016
Docjay487:
Many more users, Posts keep recycling...replies also recycling... NL has changed though.

@op if you really mean that as a question (I mean like an answer can matter at all) and not an atheism evangelism to church people finding this section interesting... check out
apologeticspress.com. More goodies there.
Godandscience.org is also great. You can check out some of my threads.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
Godandscience.org is also great. You can check out some of my threads.
Nice. Just coming from there.
Initially I thought I was replying an atheist, sorry about the hurry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by lalasticlala(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
Thanks Bro.

U don't like putting direct link source to your articles.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2016
lalasticlala:

Oga Lala what of my own?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by winner01(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2016
lalasticlala:

I've corrected that on this thread. I try to post the names of the people whose intellectual materials i refer to. I'll try to correct other threads too by posting a direct link to their sources. Thank you Sir.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
I've corrected that on this thread. I try to post the names of the people whose intellectual materials i refer to. I'll try to correct other threads too by posting a direct link to their sources. Thank you Sir.

If it's my school now.. They will expel you for plagiarism. Nice thread. Me no matter what anybody says.. I know the God I serve. People that are looking for signs to confirm if he is real are only being hypocritical because you cannot experience God if you don't open your heart. Me I know.. Christianity is the one and only true religion and the Bible is also true because.. It's the most current up to date book in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
Good talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) / 7 Latest Fashions That Christian Ladies Should Stay Away From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.