Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (44147 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / If God Created Everything For Men, What Purpose Do Other Planets serve?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by ifenes(m): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
IsraelMonday:

that dAmseL is not reAL.. U knw what.. Why don't u just take a Lighter or Matches.. Light it.. Put the tip of ur finger.. Why do U take it back..? Life Is Not Real..? Why Do You Consume Mountains Of Garri Per Year..? Hmmmm Very Funny Why Mankind Has Decided To Go Far Into Wondering For The Origin Of Their Creator, With Their Own Tools(Science), Very Very Funny.. But What I Know Is That He Is JEHOVAH, The Lord Of Host,The Holy One Of Israel Whom By His Pleasures All" Things" Were Created.. He Design This Earth For Mankind Existence.. Untill "Satan" The Devil(Genesis 3:1,Revelations 12:9) Made Mankind To Disobey Him, But Because Of His Love For Mankind(John 3:16) Gave Us His Son For Our Redemption From That Sin.. But Don't Lose Hope.. That Satan Will Be Destroyed.. But Take Heed Lest Ye Be Destroyed With Him.. Happy Sunday..

If that works for you mate. Your belief is your reality.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Rick9(m): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
Proof of GOD existence is simple, now if you say God doesn't exist because no one has seen God, that's very wrong, now for you to have a knowledge that there is a God that doesn't exist means God exists, you can't think of something that doesn't exist, at least you have a knowledge that something doesn't exist if God never existed you wouldn't think about it at all.

Now According to Anaxagoras whose Philosophical contributions is the Philosophical Concept I admire so much is the 'Concept of NOUS (the Greek word for Mind, Intelligence, Reason)'

Anaxagoras was from Clezomanea in Greece and his major Philosophical contributions was the 'Concept of NOUS which he distinguished from matter.
Anaxagoras said that every thing is a portion of everything but one element often predominate that's why it's called that element, e.g Paper is called paper because paper predominate but what if paper is burnt , you will get ashes now this ashes was a a constituent part of the paper but the paper predominate it, now that the paper has been burnt the elements of ashes now predominate,
Now Anaxagoras said that there's one thing which was never created and always existed it's that which brings all the elements together this is what Anaxagoras referred to as Nous.

"Nous orders everything in the Universe, " and this Nous is interpreted to be GOD.

So my people don't allow anybody to deceive you oh there's a God. Even the babalawos are aware
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
ever811:
and let's have an instance where,humans of any sort of believe u take it from,has ever been on same point of intellectual mobility to conclusions,considering our independent inteligency?
ever811:
and let's have an instance where,humans of any sort of believe u take it from,has ever been on same point of intellectual mobility to conclusions,considering our independent inteligency?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by SSkillzzz(m): 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
zeemahn:
But I thought the earth was about 6000 years old. And in the bible, the earth and the universe were created within the same period of time. But this article is talking in billions of years.

And...which of the about 6000 gods do you think created the world?

Was it really necessary to create? especially when things have a potential of going wrong...I will prefer not to exist than to exist and suffer.

I have spoken (or typed grin ) my mind.

Educate me.
geologically the earth is 4.65 billion years old...
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
zeemahn:
But I thought the earth was about 6000 years old. And in the bible, the earth and the universe were created within the same period of time. But this article is talking in billions of years.

And...which of the about 6000 gods do you think created the world?

Was it really necessary to create? especially when things have a potential of going wrong...I will prefer not to exist than to exist and suffer.

I have spoken (or typed grin ) my mind.

Educate me.
calender of the Jews is not the same as calender of America.

that's an instance,
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Rick9(m): 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
Atoms are neither created nor destroyed, God is greater than atoms.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by SKAMOD(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
And all this researches are being carried out by instruments made by men.... undecided
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
Even Nothing is Something
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
Passy089:

If you claim there is no God then why do devil Scramble away when we shout the name of Jesus Christ? "?? or Are u trying to say Evil spirits don't exist

The day I saw an evil spirit I shouted my girlfriends name and it worked!
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by IsraelMonday(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
foladara777:

Your belittling of philosophy and the concept of thinking for thinking sake shows either pure ignorance or deliberate stupidity.. It was this sort of philosophical thinking that led to the development of all fields, science, humanities, law. The likes of Socrates, Aristotle. Archimedes, Pythagoras were people who thought about and studied everything usually in abstract and thanks to them we have the body of knowledge that we have today... Or u think itz a coincidence that whenever a country had this type of scholars in the past, they were usually the world power?? Egypt and Greece for example.

TALKING OF WORLD POWER.. I HAVE SOME PERFECT BIBLICAL EXPLANATIONS FOR YOU, ONLY IF YOU ALLOW ME TO.. I WILL SHOW YOU HOW WORLD POWERS CAME ABOUT AND HOW THEY WILL END.. AND THE ONLY KINGDOM THAT WILL LAST FOREVER..
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by hujjat(m): 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
Stupid question
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by IsraelMonday(m): 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
Maybe.. These few days..You will discover that.. Even if U wantd to make a research in2 the existence of God.. A supernatural being.. Your Creator.. You shouLd not use book.. Why..? It was written by a more confused man like YOU.. ok, explain this to me.. Sorry What Did You Guys Say Created Mankind..? Ok The Big Bang Theory.. Hmmmm.. The Devil Is At Work Here..
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by sesaan(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
there is nothing like God... value the life u have now and forget about ur promised heaven
grin there is nothing like God... value the life u have now and forget about ur promised heaven
grin ?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by makdcash(m): 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
GOD is the beginning and he is the end as well
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Owiii(m): 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
God is the one who is,who was and who is to come. God is spirit
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
ValentineMary:
Time is a man made factor used to measure events. Now using a man made factor to explain an imaginary being is faulty.

Now back to the trend. Time is an amazing factor that is quite unique because as Albert Einstein said "The only constant factor is light speed. Not even time is constant". According to general relativity, gravity bends space time around it. That is to say bodies are drawn to larger bodies that SLOW down time. Would that mean another organism that stays in another galaxy (if there is) would have a different God with a different time origin

Best comment in this thread
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by micodon(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
zeemahn:

Its those who 'understand' that are so sure the earth must be about 6000 years from Genesis, the time of Noah and the times Jesus was said to have walked the earth. I'm not the interpreter here. Meanwhile other Christians have a variety of different views. What do you think?

The problem with most Christians is that they take things too literal. When the Bible says God created the earth and everything in 6 days, it most definitely wasnt talking about 6 24 hour periods. E.g God said Adam would die IN THE DAY that he eats from the the tree. Did Adam die that day(even though he lived for 930 years)? YES. Because, At 2 Peter 3:8, The Bible says that A THOUSAND YEARS is like a Day For God (Take Note). Somewhere at Numbers, God calculated his day as thus: A DAY FOR A YEAR. My Point is, God chooses his own timescale...So we can not rightly do OUR OWN CALCULATIONS and say that the earth is 6000 years old.

Again, there are factors that the Bible didnt give. Stuff Like, were there TIME INTERVALS BETWEEN the creative days?

Consider: Office Workers usually work for 5 days a week, 20 days a month. But, how many days are there in a month? 30. The other 10 days are TIME INTERVALS between workdays. The Bible gives no indication as to whether the 6 days were consecutive.

So, Lets say the first Creative Day was a thousand years long. how much time was inbetween the first Creative day and the second? A thousand? Two thousand? Ten Million? or None At all? The Bible does not say....Therefore, it'll be naive to say the earth is 6000 years old based on literal interpretations of the Bible without having all the facts. The Earth may be 4.5 Billion years old...The Bible does not argue that...

Dont Misinterpret/MisQuote The Bible...Cheers

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Honestly1: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
You people have started with ur stupidity again. U don chop beleful you come dey ask stupid question here. Mtcheeew
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
micodon:

The problem with most Christians is that they take things too literal. When the Bible says God created the earth and everything in 6 days, it most definitely wasnt talking about 6 24 hour periods. E.g God said Adam would die IN THE DAY that he eats from the the tree. Did Adam die that day(even though he lived for 930 years)? YES. Because, At 2 Peter 3:8, The Bible says that A THOUSAND YEARS is like a Day For God (Take Note). Somewhere at Numbers, God calculated his day as thus: A DAY FOR A YEAR. My Point is, God chooses his own timescale...So we can not rightly do OUR OWN CALCULATIONS and say that the earth is 6000 years old.

Again, there are factors that the Bible didnt give. Stuff Like, were there TIME INTERVALS BETWEEN the creative days?

Consider: Office Workers usually work for 5 days a week, 20 days a month. But, how many days are there in a month? 30. The other 10 days are TIME INTERVALS between workdays. The Bible gives no indication as to whether the 6 days were consecutive.

So, Lets say the first Creative Day was a thousand years long. how much time was inbetween the first Creative day and the second? A thousand? Two thousand? Ten Million? or None At all? The Bible does not say....Therefore, it'll be naive to say the earth is 6000 years old based on literal interpretations of the Bible without having all the facts. The Earth may be 4.5 Billion years old...The Bible does not argue that...

Dont Misinterpret/MisQuote The Bible...Cheers

Oga I did not misinterprete/misquote the bible. I only took a position many christians take. But then, what criteria do you use to detetermine what is literal and what is not in the bible?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by ameynuJR(m): 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
I've a question to all Christians in Nairaland.
Do you believe JESUS is a son of God
If YES, who's is his grandfather ?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by emmkeffs(f): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Nice one. You just put religious people to serious work. And don't be surprise that you will be verbally assassinated by people who think they can achieve something by fighting for God
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by emmkeffs(f): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
ameynuJR:
I've a question to all Christians in Nairaland.

Do you believe JESUS is a son of God

If YES, who's is his grandfather ?

This may not sound good for xtians but Jesus was a product of rape. The mother of Jesus was raped by a roman soldier. Believe it or not it's the TRUTH
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by LEXYCOM: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
The uncreated creator is my God........if u do like it, u can jump infront of a moving trailer
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by emmkeffs(f): 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
ifenes:

If that works for you mate. Your belief is your reality.

I will like to be close friends with you. Seekers of Truth are rare in this part of the world
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by nynbrada: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Owliver:
let me ask you one more time..

in Genesis God created Adam and had no earlier intention to create eve(as narrated). now what was the use of Adan's d1ck since eve was not in the picture earlier. or was there no d1ck? what do you think?

the question makes sense to me.

Bruh, cool down nah! I want to believe you asked this question from a sincere heart to learn. And that is the reason i've bothered myself to reply you.

Now in answering your question, the obvious thing here that gave rise to your question is actually your poor understanding of the scripture,(please no insult intended) just as you have infered that - from the creation narrative God had no intention of creating Eve.

But a careful perusing of the Bible actually proved otherwise as seen here in,,,,

Gen 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;male and female created he them.

28 - And God blessed them, and God said unto them be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the face of the earth, and subdue it,......KJV.

From the above portion of the scripture it is clear that God had every intention from the beginning to create them male and female.

I know you probably got your idea from the narratives in chapter 2, about God saying it is not good for the man to be alone. But this does not in any way negate the fact that God originally intended to have them male and female as shown in the scripture above.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
TO BELIEVE IN GOD IS AN ACT OF FAITH AND IT IS DONE THROUGH THE 6TH SENSE {FAITH}.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by menesheh(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
Look up the word eternal, thanks.

Which sounds more rational?.
An eternal Being creates everything OR
An eternal nothing creates everything?.

What's the looks of eternal. You are applying semantic tricks to smuggle some baggages when you can't tentatively or Logically discribe eternal or eternity.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dickson2000(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
Introduction

How did God get here?
Richard Dawkins, among other atheists, thinks he has the ultimate proof that God doesn't exist. If God created a complex universe, wouldn't it take an even more complex entity to have created God? However, such logic assumes that time has always existed, rather than being merely a construct of this universe.

Who created God? It is an age-old question that has plagued all those who like to think about the big questions. Having grown up as an agnostic non-Christian, it provided me with a potential reason why there might not be any god. Various religions tend to solve the problem in different ways. The LDS church (Mormonism) says that the God (Elohim) to whom we are accountable had a father god, then grew up on a planet as a man, and progressed to become a god himself. Many other religions have claimed that gods beget other gods. Of course the problem with this idea is how did the first god get here? This problem of infinite regression invalidates such religions. Christianity claims that God has always existed. Is this idea even possible? Does science address such issues?

Christianity's answer
Christianity answers the question of who made God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1)

This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:

"No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7)
This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9)
The hope of eternal life, which God... promised before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2)
To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25)"

The idea that God created time, along with the physical universe, is not just some wacky modern Christian interpretation of the Bible. Justin Martyr, a second century Christian apologist, in his Hortatory Address to the Greeks, said that Plato got the idea that time was created along with the universe from Moses:

"And from what source did Plato draw the information that time was created along with the heavens? For he wrote thus: 'Time, accordingly, was created along with the heavens; in order that, coming into being together, they might also be together dissolved, if ever their dissolution should take place.' Had he not learned this from the divine history of Moses?"

God exists in timeless eternity
How does God acting before time began get around the problem of God's creation? There are two possible interpretations of these verses. One is that God exists outside of time. Since we live in a universe of cause and effect, we naturally assume that this is the only way in which any kind of existence can function. However, the premise is false. Without the dimension of time, there is no cause and effect, and all things that could exist in such a realm would have no need of being caused, but would have always existed. Therefore, God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason - so that cause and effect would exist for us. However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence.

God exists in multiple dimensions of time
The second interpretation is that God exists in more than one dimension of time. Things that exist in one dimension of time are restricted to time's arrow and are confined to cause and effect. However, two dimensions of time form a plane of time, which has no beginning and no end and is not restricted to any single direction. A being that exists in at least two dimensions of time can travel anywhere in time and yet never had a beginning, since a plane of time has no starting point. Either interpretation leads one to the conclusion that God has no need of having been created.

Why can't the universe be eternal?
The idea that God can be eternal leads us to the idea that maybe the universe is eternal, and, therefore, God doesn't need to exist at all. Actually, this was the prevalent belief of atheists before the observational data of the 20th century strongly refuted the idea that the universe was eternal. This fact presented a big dilemma for atheists, since a non-eternal universe implied that it must have been caused. Maybe Genesis 1:1 was correct! Not to be dismayed by the facts, atheists have invented some metaphysical "science" that attempts to explain away the existence of God. Hence, most atheistic cosmologists believe that we see only the visible part of a much larger "multiverse" that randomly spews out universes with different physical parameters. Since there is no evidence supporting this idea (nor can there be, according to the laws of the universe), it is really just a substitute "god" for atheists. And, since this "god" is non-intelligent by definition, it requires a complex hypothesis, which would be ruled out if we use Occam's razor, which states that one should use the simplest logical explanation for any phenomenon. Purposeful intelligent design of the universe makes much more sense, especially based upon what we know about the design of the universe.

What does science say about time?
When Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose extended the equations for general relativity to include space and time, the results showed that time has a beginning - at the moment of creation (i.e., the Big Bang). In fact, if you examine university websites, you will find that many professors make such a claim - that the universe had a beginning and that this beginning marked the beginning of time (see The Universe is Not Eternal, But Had A Beginning). Such assertions support the Bible's claim that time began at the creation of the universe.

Conclusion
God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created. Although it is possible that the universe itself is eternal, eliminating the need for its creation, observational evidence contradicts this hypothesis, since the universe began to exist a finite ~13.8 billion years ago. The only possible escape for the atheist is the invention of a kind of super universe, which can never be confirmed experimentally (hence it is metaphysical in nature, and not scientific).

Article by RICH DEEM

source: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/who_created_god.html

Rhetoric
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by musicwriter(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
winner01:
How can any sane person make such statement as the above, and with so much pride. undecided

Eternal Being
Eternal Nothing

Are people seeing this undecided

Just answer the question in the picture below and see how much sense you make.

Most theists here will school you on the topic of existence so what exactly are you saying

Sky? Wtf is this guy saying undecided
And stop holding on to science to feel relevant, it isnt synonymous to atheism.

Science have not even scratched the surface of space exploration.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by musicwriter(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
BodyKiss:

If the idea of enternal nothingness to everything sounds ridiculous to you, so dose enternal being to everything, to me. It's more plausible to believe in eternal nothingness to everything if you put in consideration, the billions/millions of years of processes it took, than to believe that a being popped out from nowhere and started blabbing to himself for 6 days, and bang... the universe and everything in it appeared.

That said, I'm no creationist, and I'm pretty certain that your knowledge on the subject is very very limited, and your comparison... very shallow.

The fallacy used to be that he lived in the sky, thanks to science, today we all know better. The goal post has now been shifted to him being outside of space. What then does that make the story of the Tower of Babel? Another fallacy?

1. Do you know the meaning of NOTHING?. Nothing means nothing!!. LITERALLY, nothing!!.

2. if you know the sheer size of the universe you'll know science haven't scratched the surface of space exploration.

This have nothing to do with whether or not there's any God out there to be found.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by IsraelMonday(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
We belief God exists by faith. And
He he is a rewarder of those who diligently
seek him.. So for u to experience God, u have to first believe that he exists irrespective of
what your mind or experience tells you and
after believing by faith he proves himself to
you..
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Refino(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=ifenes post=41226094]

He meant the christian idea of a God. God is a phenomenon passed dowm from Egypt and then Mithra before embraced by Christianity. Unknown to christians, it is the worship of the Anunaki who enslaved humans at some point due to their advance knowledge and technology. The universe was never created but is pure imagination.

Make it easy for yourself. Life is pure imagination. We are all one particle experiencing different realities,hence the endless tales of gods and how they were formed. Nothing is real!

The mind(thought) created matter. And the God particle is experiencing itself in multiple forms. The heavens actually meant other earth like illusions. This is why it is said the mind is eternal. Your mind and my mind never sleeps,it is impossible.

The mind,pure energy that is constant.

The mind

Your Mind(god) And Your Avater(jesus,body)!

The idea that the mind(god) created the illusion of time,along with the physical universe...... Time makes it possible for the mind to experince itself in multiple realities. If you take away time,everything becomes one particle.

Time itself is an illusion. Anything created with by the mind(God) is an illusion. Nothing around Us(God) is real.

True! The Mind(pure energy) or call it you and I,or God is eternal. We are all eternal

You are describing yourself but will you embrace what you are?

You are talking about yourself

learn to accept yourself.[/quote

U r quite a joker,I can't help laughing in swahili grin
U claim nothing n us(God) is reall ,oK let's do some experiment...
Get a hungry area man to tear u a dirty slap n tell him its not real...
Or get knock down by a running motorcycle n say later its not real..
I laugh agn in swahili grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

25 Early Morning Prayer To Command Your Day / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" / Apostle Suleman Replies Follower Who Begged For Money To Replace Mother's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.