Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (44126 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / If God Created Everything For Men, What Purpose Do Other Planets serve?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Dynamite02: 12:30am On Jun 20, 2016
winner01:
I wonder why they try to quantify the Almighty God with their "created" human senses.

Word!
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Dynamite02: 1:10am On Jun 20, 2016
dejilg:
a simple question I ask:

Is Evolution scientific?

The theory of evolution is only a
hypothesis..Darwin later realised this, yet some scientists treat it as fact. Darwin himself said that the absence of transitional forms would prove his theory false. There are no real evolutionary links between fishes, reptiles, birds, lower mammals and man. God created every species after its own kind.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by musicwriter(m): 1:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Dynamite02:

hypothesis..Darwin later realised this, yet some scientists treat it as fact. Darwin himself said that the absence of transitional forms would prove his theory false. There are no real evolutionary links between fishes, reptiles, birds, lower mammals and man. God created every species after its own kind.

Darwin didn't even call his theory evolution, but ''origin of species''.

Darwin was simply investigating how diferrent plant and animal species originate through natural selection, not how life itself began!. But, new age scientists picked up his small theory and ballooned it out of proportion clalming they're answering some of the things he pondered about unanswered; like finding the missing links you mentioned. Wake up Charles Darwin from dead today and he'll distance himself from evolution, same way Jesus would distance himself from the blasphemy he is God.

This, he clearly stated in his legendary book below.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by bezimo(m): 2:25am On Jun 20, 2016
I have thought about that.But that's the mystery.God is a Spirit.
He is the Beginning. Before the Beginning what happened. But the secret things belong unto God.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Orikinla(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2016
OP and others, mortals can never understand what is beyond their knowledge.
The answer is written in John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

If you can understand the meaning the WORD.
Amen.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Distinguishy(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:
But I thought the earth was about 6000 years old. And in the bible, the earth and the universe were created within the same period of time. But this article is talking in billions of years.

And...which of the about 6000 gods do you think created the world?

Was it really necessary to create? especially when things have a potential of going wrong...I will prefer not to exist than to exist and suffer.

I have spoken (or typed grin ) my mind.

Educate me.

Brother don't say u wish u were not created. Dat things are going wrong doesnot mean u are not useful. D person dat created u took His time, His breathe and his splendOr 2 create u bcus He know u wud be a useful tool 4 somtin. No 1 buys biro without itending 2 write wit it. God cannot be mocked. Be guided and be thankful 2 d Most High
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by moshould(m): 7:35am On Jun 20, 2016
You want discover mungo park
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by mrphysics(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
musicwriter:

It's not funny at all, but something to take serious. In fact, Dr. Michio Kaku, one of the best physicist alive said ''science will eventually explain God''.

And, it's already happening!. Both religion and science is saying exactly the same thing!. The only difference is in the details.

Indeed, as quantum physics is showing, extreme science leads to spirituality.

Watch the video below. It's the most modern explanation by a quantum physicist about science, spirituality, and the nature of reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwT2_dovG9M

Thanks. Kaku is doing his best in explaining science to the common man. I have some of his videos. He is good.

1 Like

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by micodon(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:

Oga I did not misinterprete/misquote the bible. I only took a position many christians take. But then, what criteria do you use to detetermine what is literal and what is not in the bible?

You look at a particular statement or idea in the light of the WHOLE BIBLE. For example, the Bible talks about a harlot. One may just take it literal, thinking the Bible is talking about a human. But when you read other passages in the Bible, like where the woman is said to sit on many waters, and where she is riding on the Dragon with seven heads and ten horns, you get to understand that she ain't a literal woman.

So, to determine if stuff is literal in the Bible, you have to look at what other passages say about the topic. You don't just look at a passage in isolation. This requires regular and thorough study of the Scriptures

2 Likes

Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Dynamite02: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2016
musicwriter:

Darwin didn't even call his theory evolution, but ''origin of species''.

Darwin was simply investigating how diferrent plant and animal species originate through natural selection, not how life itself began!. But, new age scientists picked up his small theory and ballooned it out of proportion clalming they're answering some of the things he pondered about unanswered; like finding the missing links you mentioned. Wake up Charles Darwin from dead today and he'll distance himself from evolution, same way Jesus would distance himself from the blasphemy he is God.

This, he clearly stated in his legendary book below.

Exactly! Darwin was just groping.. On his deathbed he realised his error and admitted that “he was a young man of un formed opinions.” He confessed that he threw out queries and suggestions,wondering all the time over everything, and surprised his vague ideas spread like wild fire. People(esp.the atheist) made a religion of them. In other words Darwin did not really anticipate that his theories would gather such momentum, he was surprised that what was a matter of theory was treated as a matter of scientific fact!
Infact Darwin would be shocked and wounded to see that his error has been given universal recognition,creating more confusion but in reality they are just grooping ,unless they accept that there's an "Intelligent Design
/Being" behind life and the universe, they will continue to grope ,that's what I call them "Gropers"
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2016
micodon:

You look at a particular statement or idea in the light of the WHOLE BIBLE. For example, the Bible talks about a harlot. One may just take it literal, thinking the Bible is talking about a human. But when you read other passages in the Bible, like where the woman is said to sit on many waters, and where she is riding on the Dragon with seven heads and ten horns, you get to understand that she ain't a literal woman.

So, to determine if stuff is literal in the Bible, you have to look at what other passages say about the topic. You don't just look at a passage in isolation. This requires regular and thorough study of the Scriptures

Doing what you say will only unearth tons of contradictions. Besides, There are many passages that were taken literaly until after a scientific discovery then y'all religious fellows will jump and shout 'it aint literal' Plus some Christian scholars claim that the creation story is lateral afteral nothing is impossible for jah lol. And jah makes but does not obey the laws of physics.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2016
Distinguishy:

Brother don't say u wish u were not created. Dat things are going wrong doesnot mean u are not useful. D person dat created u took His time, His breathe and his splendOr 2 create u bcus He know u wud be a useful tool 4 somtin. No 1 buys biro without itending 2 write wit it. God cannot be mocked. Be guided and be thankful 2 d Most High

If I were in a war torn area or had an illness or disability that made me a liability then I had better not exist.
The imaginary perfect being that created you made serious mistakes and things went wrong.
What purpose does man serve if at the end most of 'us' are going to burn in hell forever?
Why do gods even need to create humans?
Worship your god without disturbing me abeg.
I create my purpose and I fulfil it.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by alexis007(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
calender of the Jews is not the same as calender of America.

that's an instance,
But 24 hours still make a day in Jerusalem, huh

Or is the counting different over there?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:

I checked again oo and I saw this

. Then he commanded, “Let the earth produce all kinds of plants, those that bear grain and those that bear fruit”—and it was done. So the earth produced all kinds of plants, and God was pleased with what he saw.
Evening passed and morning came—that was the third day.
Then God commanded, “Let lights appear in the sky to separate day from night and to show the time when days, years, and religious festivals begin; they will shine in the sky to give light to the earth”—and it was done.
So God made the two larger lights, the sun to rule over the day and the moon to rule over the night; he also made the stars. He placed the lights in the sky to shine on the earth, to rule over the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God was pleased with what he saw

Finally, I can safely scream [DELUSION] Lol. its really been a while since you actually read your holy book. Good night sha. It will be useless for me to push on.

I like you. I know you think say you know the bible. But as a Jehovah's witness I actually know the Bible in and out.

Well, where you quoted is from chapter 1. Now listen while chapter 2 explain:

"And God went on to bless the seventh day and to declare it sacred, for on it God has been resting from all the work that he has created, all that he purposed to make.
4 This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah* God made earth and heaven.+
5 No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had begun sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain on the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground."

Mind you, this description comes after every other things has been created aside man.

So that God created them does not mean that they have started working. If you buy a phone, you will need to charge the battery and then insert it in the phone before it starts working.

And remember that I did not say 'light was needed for creation of life on earth.' But I said for "sustenance"
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by musicwriter(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2016
mrphysics:

Thanks. Kaku is doing his best in explaining science to the common man. I have some of his videos. He is good.

Dr. Kaku is the best physicist alive, in my opinion. The only physicist I can say is in the same wavelength as Einstein.

I was on Youtube the other day and he was disproving Einstein's law of relativity or should I say refining it. He said relativity law have some defects!. In fact, while doing the maths on a chalkboard he came up with the ''string theory''.

He've always argued we'll understand the mind of God when the string throry itself refined.

Watch ''Dr. Michio Kaku, the string theory''. Either this or ''Dr. Michio Kaku, what it Einstein was wrong?''. I don't have the video off hand, but either of them should lead you to it.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Distinguishy(m): 11:02am On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:

If I were in a war torn area or had an illness or disability that made me a liability then I had better not exist.
The imaginary perfect being that created you made serious mistakes and things went wrong.
What purpose does man serve if at the end most of 'us' are going to burn in hell forever?
Why do gods even need to create humans?
Worship your god without disturbing me abeg.
I create my purpose and I fulfil it.

*smiles* regardless of how u feel brother, Jesus Luvs u. And if I may correct u, Just 1 God created d all tins. And God is not responsible 4 dis falling nd dysfunctional world. There is a better life after dis if u believe!
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Dmouthpiece: 11:20am On Jun 20, 2016
God Almighty is a spirit being he existed Himself,He has no begining nor end see psalm 90 vs 2
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by mrphysics(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
musicwriter:

Dr. Kaku is the best physicist alive, in my opinion. The only physicist I can say is in the same wavelength as Einstein.

I was on Youtube the other day and he was disproving Einstein's law of relativity or should I say refining it. He said relativity law have some defects!. In fact, while doing the maths on a chalkboard he came up with the ''string theory''.

He've always argued we'll understand the mind of God when the string throry itself refined.

Watch ''Dr. Michio Kaku, the string theory''. Either this or ''Dr. Michio Kaku, what it Einstein was wrong?''. I don't have the video off hand, but either of them should lead you to it.

Lol thank you. Are you a Physicist??
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by musicwriter(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
mrphysics:

Lol thank you. Are you a Physicist??

You know........many people have asked that question.

I'm a BIG science enthusiast generally, not just physics. Wanted to be a scientist, but no one could fund my education, so I dropped.

However, I didn't stop. I read things up myself. Read up Philosophy, general science, Metaphysics, Geography, History.

I tried explaining physics in the lowest term, using Pidgin English in my science lessons at; www.africanschool.org or check my threads.

But, I had to stop the lessons cause I discovered I necessarily needed some sort of laboratory to show experiments as science is not story telling. I expect setting up a lab before or by the end of the year, and I'll resume.

So, yes, I'm a physicist in a sense, though I like to think of myself as a science philosopher.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by mrphysics(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
musicwriter:

You know........many people have asked that question.

I'm a BIG science enthusiast generally, not just physics. Wanted to be a scientist, but no one could fund my education, so I dropped.

However, I didn't stop. I read things up myself. Read up Philosophy, general science, Metaphysics, Geography, History.

I tried explaining physics in the lowest term, using Pidgin English in my science lessons at; www.africanschool.org or check my threads.

But, I had to stop the lessons cause I discovered I necessarily needed some sort of laboratory to show experiments as science is not story telling. I expect setting up a lab before or by the end of the year, and I'll resume.

So, yes, I'm a physicist in a sense, though I like to think of myself as a science philosopher.

That's great. I wish you the best. I will be looking forward to seeing your laboratory.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
Distinguishy:

*smiles* regardless of how u feel brother, Jesus Luvs u. And if I may correct u, Just 1 God created d all tins. And God is not responsible 4 dis falling nd dysfunctional world. There is a better life after dis if u believe!

Don't preach poo about being loved by an imaginary being to me. Preach to the closest muslim lets know the result.
Keep worshiping a mythical god that blames a devil he created for all his mistakes, and keep decieving gullible folks about a non existent afterlife. YOLO
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
AgricSalt:

I like you. I know you think say you know the bible. But as a Jehovah's witness I actually know the Bible in and out.

Well, where you quoted is from chapter 1. Now listen while chapter 2 explain:

"And God went on to bless the seventh day and to declare it sacred, for on it God has been resting from all the work that he has created, all that he purposed to make.
4 This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah* God made earth and heaven.+
5 No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had begun sprouting, because Jehovah God had not made it rain on the earth and there was no man to cultivate the ground."

Mind you, this description comes after every other things has been created aside man.

So that God created them does not mean that they have started working. If you buy a phone, you will need to charge the battery and then insert it in the phone before it starts working.

And remember that I did not say 'light was needed for creation of life on earth.' But I said for "sustenance"

JW indeed. You're now clutching to straws but guess what? You have shown me another biblical contradiction!

Like seriously I tire. This has happened before. You can't cover it up this time. Soon we won't even know what we're arguing about. Smart JW
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:

JW indeed. You're now clutching to straws but guess what? You have shown me another biblical contradiction!

Like seriously I tire. This has happened before. You can't cover it up this time. Soon we won't even know what we're arguing about. Smart JW

Lol it's not a contradiction. Just know that Moses was telling a story of creation, with emphasis on creation of man.

So in chapter one he gave the sequence of creation. Then in chapter 2 he centered on man. Albeit telling us that although God has created vegetation, they have not become visible.

So no contradiction.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by winner01(m): 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dynamite02:

My brother, ive created a similar thread. Please click this link. https://www.nairaland.com/2917639/much-better-explanation-evolution
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
mrphysics:

It is believed that as we grow in our study of quantum mechanics we will discover that most of the things we believe now is even wrong. they are questions we still don't have answers to now but that does not mean that we won't have answers to it in the nearest future.

In physics something can come out of nothing, infact in nuclear chain reaction, we have seen things create themselves. Does it answer your question??

Let's just be patient with time and science.

if left to our natural law of causes and effects....the statement "in physics something can come out of nothing" is just plain wrong? firstly, in physics wat is "nothing" ?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
AgricSalt:

Lol it's not a contradiction. Just know that Moses was telling a story of creation, with emphasis on creation of man.

So in chapter one he gave the sequence of creation. Then in chapter 2 he centered on man. Albeit telling us that although God has created vegetation, they have not become visible.

So no contradiction.

I don't expect you to agree at all that the bible has contradictions.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by dejilg(m): 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
weselomo:
keep blasphemy and think u are making sense. I got confuse too but I will not again.
we were thought never to ask or find about who created HIM

who told u not to ask?
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by micodon(m): 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:

Doing what you say will only unearth tons of contradictions. Besides, There are many passages that were taken literaly until after a scientific discovery then y'all religious fellows will jump and shout 'it aint literal' Plus some Christian scholars claim that the creation story is lateral afteral nothing is impossible for jah lol. And jah makes but does not obey the laws of physics.

When you find any contradiction, contact me for enlightenment
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
micodon:

When you find any contradiction, contact me for enlightenment
There is more than enough on the internet. You can start from there.
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
dejilg:

well I guess it makes sense to those who only think about sex all day long forgetting that they use the same organ of the body to "urinate" .....so how did that question make sense again? abeg tell me .... dumb question

I didn't think of this!
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by micodon(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
zeemahn:

There is more than enough on the internet. You can start from there.

smh.Im sorry for you,
Re: If God Created Everything, Who Created God? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
micodon:

smh.Im sorry for you,
You should be sorty for yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" / Benson Idahosa: The Man Who Vividly Described His Death - Leke Beecroft / Winners Chapel Constructing 1000MW Plant In Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.